SexoutNG NX Variables Lists For Modders

DispSlutty is how much an NPC likes a slutty appearance on other characters- wearing prostitute outfits, etc, DispInnocent is the same for an innocent look- so conservative clothing like a field hand or caravaneer outfit.

-100 -> 100 is okay so long as zero is invalid.. no sitting on the fence, which would make thing more interesting actually.

NX can't be used as dialogue conditions currently, but I found neat way of doing it, if anyone is looking for one:

Create a token with an object script and additem one to the actor via converstation script for some previous Topic. Object scripts can run during menumode, but effects do not. The token only exists for a frame or two during the dialogue, and sets some referencable quest var to the NX.

Begin OnAdd

set rZActor to GetContainer

set MyQuest.DialogueVariable to rZActor.NX_GetEVFl "Some:Value"

Begin MenuMode

if removed is not 1:

RemoveMe

Ah ok I was under the assumption that they were the actors preference to behave/dress Slutty rather than their disposition to others, so we probably need to duplicate most of the list using something different to make it clear they are the Actors self stuff, just trying to think of a prefix to use. "Pref" sound good?

I'm hopping to get some more input on this from other people likely to use this, seems a bit too quiet to me.

Cool news on the NX being used in Dialogue stuff, I altered the OP to reflect that.

Sounds cool, updated the OP list, are there any other opinions we should have?

Redid the sex counts a bit, figured we probably only need a count for number of rapes not each location?

rActor.NX_SetEVFl "SO:Count:fSexRecOral" ; *** Number of times received Sex Orally

rActor.NX_SetEVFl "SO:Count:fSexRecAnal" ; *** Number of times received Sex Anally

rActor.NX_SetEVFl "SO:Count:fSexRecVaginal" ; *** Number of times received Sex Vaginally

rActor.NX_SetEVFl "SO:Count:fSexRecPenile"  ; *** Number of times received Penile Sex

rActor.NX_SetEVFl "SO:Count:fSexGiveOral" ; *** Number of times gave Sex Orally

rActor.NX_SetEVFl "SO:Count:fSexGiveAnal" ; *** Number of times gave Sex Anally

rActor.NX_SetEVFl "SO:Count:fSexGiveVaginal" ; *** Number of times gave Sex Vaginally

rActor.NX_SetEVFl "SO:Count:fSexGivePenile" ; *** Number of times gave Penile Sex

rActor.NX_SetEVFl "SO:Count;fWasRaped" ; *** Number of times raped

rActor.NX_SetEVFl "SO:Count:fRapedAnother" ; *** Number of times raped another Actor

rActor.NX_SetEVFl "SO:Count:fXPSex" ; *** 1 point per event, +10 for each partner orgasming?

Do we need separate skills for GivingVaginalSex etc if we have counters for give & receive?

Just found this in the SexoutNG API, probably makes any need for NX counts redundant?

Sexout.num* : Counters. There are 9 at present: Sexout.numRaped, sexout.numRape, and sexout.numSex are the overall counters. The first is how many times the player has been raped, the second is how many times the player has raped someone else, and the last is how many times the player has had sex total. Additionally there are more specific counters; numVaginal, numAnal, numOral, numMale, numFemale, and numMonster.

I have used the sexout.num* variables in 'schoolgirls' to check the sexual experience of the courier, and it worked well for me well.

But I had to realize, that mastrubation counts as 'numVaginal', and so the courier wasn't 'virgo intacta' when she had played with herself once.

I have reported this to pride, and he sayed he will take a look at it.

If changing the sexual statistics to NX maybe it should be cosiderd to avoid this little issue.

I have used the sexout.num* variables in 'schoolgirls' to check the sexual experience of the courier, and it worked well for me well.

But I had to realize, that mastrubation counts as 'numVaginal', and so the courier wasn't 'virgo intacta' when she had played with herself once.

I have reported this to pride, and he sayed he will take a look at it.

If changing the sexual statistics to NX maybe it should be cosiderd to avoid this little issue.

Good point, we do need to track virginity somehow, whether it be by a separate sex counter, trouble with masturbation is if it involves some toys it could be taking away virginity.

• 2 weeks later...

One way to track virginity within a mod is to add a sexend spell, if there is no partner then you know its masturbation so you don't change your virginity variable. Once its been changed you can remove the sexend spell from the cast list.

Since virginity has a rather short life span in the sexout New Vegas world, does it really need tracking other than the existing counters outside of the mod, which realistically needs to be loaded from the start and can only be 1 per game,  that references it?

Doing it this way also makes it easy to 'reset' virginity if your mod has some magical means of doing so

Yeah well I guess we could also assume that if they have no Vaginal/Penile sex count score they are virgin too

rActor.NX_SetEVFl "SO:Count:fSexRecVaginal" ; *** Number of times received Sex Vaginally

rActor.NX_SetEVFl "SO:Count:fSexGivePenile" ; *** Number of times gave Penile Sex

Halstrom It would be great to add also the list of functions callable, else than begin.

I know there is one to stop sex but I can't never remember its name and I search how to know if a NPC is in sex action.

I don't find in your list the equivalent of all the ancient variable, are they elsewhere ? (issOral, notKo, duration, ...)

It's starting to sound like maybe y'all would just like a straight log, in order, of every sex act... ever.

Before you deny it, this actually would not be too difficult, and would store *everything* so you wouldn't have to ask who's on first, what was 2nd, etc.

Is that really what you guys want? Assume that if it's there, there's no problem with storage size or search speed, because I think I can manage both of those without issues.

If people are going to share it across mods, I guess.  It just seems thin beyond a certain point.  The only instance I can think of that it would really be useful would be tracking NPC to NPC relationships, which would be cool.  I just can't envision how I'd utilize it in a different way than what we have already.

Well since the start, Sexout has been tracking different things for other mods to use. Initially it was just the simple sex counters on the player (numVaginal, etc) and that grew into a bit more, and it's growing again. In my "real life" projects this is the point where I say "why not just log it all so anything you want is available."

It's not something I can do in an hour, but I have a longstanding plan to replace the NX data storage. It uses CSVs right now and my plan (barely started) is to replace that with an embedded SQLite database. There are a few reasons I want to do that, but when it's done, I can envision a new interface that would allow sexout(*) to store and retrieve anything. Right now what I'm thinking is that when a sex act is called, it could log the entire NX variable set used for the act.

Other mods could query this by asking for a specific act, or the first act, or whatever, and a specific NX var that was set for that act. It seems like it would be easier for me to just log everything and make it all available than to add different things here and there. An advanced interface to this new storage could even take outright SQL statements. Mods could call that directly, or use sexout helper functions (from UDFs maybe?) to get the data they want.

I could provide some examples but they won't make sense to anyone who doesn't know SQL. Suffice it to say that it would be possible to ask questions like "Tell me the number of times this actor had sex with another human" or "give me all the NX vars that were set the first time this actor had sex with a bighorner" and have them answered without sexout, or any mod, having to change what they track.

It might be overkill, it just occurred to me that it could solve this question not just now, but indefinitely into the future.

(*)and other mods if they wanted to. Sexout is just an example.