SexoutNG NX Variables Lists For Modders

Hah well that's one person.. :)

Note I'm definitely going to be moving to some kind of embedded DB, probably SQLite but I'm looking at others. The real question is, should I "expose" that to the world and do this crazy thing with logging sexout calls to it or not. I don't really see any reason not to, except the effort involved on my end.

Halstrom It would be great to add also the list of functions callable, else than begin.

I know there is one to stop sex but I can't never remember its name and I search how to know if a NPC is in sex action.

I don't find in your list the equivalent of all the ancient variable, are they elsewhere ? (issOral, notKo, duration, ...)

Umm I'll leave the Tutorial stuff to Dr Saxes thread, this is just the NX_Variables, I'm still learning to call a sex animation myself :)

Hah well that's one person.. :)

Note I'm definitely going to be moving to some kind of embedded DB, probably SQLite but I'm looking at others. The real question is, should I "expose" that to the world and do this crazy thing with logging sexout calls to it or not. I don't really see any reason not to, except the effort involved on my end.

Sounds cool, but I have little knowledge of SQL stuff and also tend to think we also need to try keep things simple as many newer modders may not get much further in ability than simple scripts and dialogue mods, we don't want them too scared because SQL and Array stuff is more than they want to know. Most of them as I once did myself find NX Variables scary enough :)

Are we better just keeping a list of the Player and major companions sex partners in order of occurance, but then it may depend on whether the sex acts were witnessed by intelligent life or the actor smells like they've been humped by a Gecko which is more SexoutSpunks territory. The use in dreams would be an exception to witnesses of course and would be a great use for more detail.

Perhaps an actor might get a reputation as a Powder Ganger slut if often enough from the Gangers talking. But another plugin or MCM option could buff your dispositions & reps too based on the stats collected.

rActor.NX_SetEVFl "SO:Skill:fProstitution" ; *** 0-35000, one point per approach, more for successful approaches by plugins (10?)

Shall I inc this by ~10 in soliciting then? Also, maybe I can add that when it is a high value you have to keep practising regularly or it start to drop?

"SO:Opinion:fSlutty" / "SO:Opinion:fPregnancy"  are in Soliciting V4. It might be useful to add a list of what mods use the SO vars to the second post of thread, for reference and because popular ones are more likely to get added to new mods.

rActor.NX_SetEVFl "SO:Trait:fAnal" ; *** -100 to 100, How much the actor likes sex using their ass

rActor.NX_SetEVFl "SO:Trait:fOral" ; *** -100 to 100, How much the actor likes sex using their mouth

rActor.NX_SetEVFl "SO:Trait:fVaginal" ; *** -100 to 100, How much the actor likes sex using their Vagina

rActor.NX_SetEVFl "SO:Trait:fPenile" ; *** -100 to 100, How much the actor likes sex using their Penis

rActor.NX_SetEVFl "SO:Skill:fDom" ; *** 0-35000 add one point for each event, more points added for successful achievements by plugins

rActor.NX_SetEVFl "SO:Skill:fSub"

Could the anal/oral/vaginal ones also apply to giving? For homosexuals you can assume it means recieval if fPenile/fDom is low or fSub is high, so this won't exclude anyone who wants to make a gay/lesbian plugin- it means 2 checks but I can't see there ever being many (currently zero?) plugins using it anyway.

Suggestion:

rActor.NX_SetEVFl "SO:Trait:fFeminism" ; *** -100 to 100, How much the actor respects females.

So, -100: Total misogynist, 100: Geek feminist ( ;)). I would use it in dialogue a lot, and add it to as a stalking modifier option. I know the vanilla game does have Karma but that is usually 0 and this allows more possibilities

Suggestion:

rActor.NX_SetEVFl "SO:Trait:fFeminism" ; *** -100 to 100, How much the actor respects females.

So, -100: Total misogynist, 100: Geek feminist. I would use it in dialogue a lot, and add it to stalking, I know the vanilla game does have Karma but that is usually 0 and this allows more possibilities

Uh-oh.  My regular kill count might start going up.  ; )

To your point, while NPCs at karma 0 may not steal, rape, and murder, but that doesn't mean that they're not a dick.

Dug up these 2 again:

EVFL "Sexout:NotNow" ; boolean, actor is reserved by a quest mod for a determined time, can't be used by generic/auto-approach mods

or should we go for "SO:NotNow" to keep it in line with the others here? Is this one already used?

EVFL "SO:Reserved" : boolean, actor is permanently reserved

--> I figure this one can replace SCR's SexoutSLActorDataIsReserved formlist now that we can check EVFLs in conditions too. Aside from Lust and SOFO, how many mods have been using this formlist so far? BR? Assault?

SexAssault uses "Sexout:iNotNow", the value is checked on the player only. It never adjusts the variable itself (unless you console start an override quest)

if (PlayerREF.NX_GetEVFl "Sexout:iNotNow")

Disable Stalking

I set this var during AKH dream sequences.

"SO:NotNow" would be more conventional.

There is also defining usage. If the value is just 1 or 0, and the mod that sets it is also in charge of resetting then its easy.. and thats how it works with stalking in SexAssault at the moment (it prints a debug saying its been disabled).

Personally I think that is the best way, because I don't see it getting used very often and so if for some reason it doesn't get reset it is easy to track down (...probably).

Oh, right, "NotNow" isn't really actor-specific, just a "I'm claiming the scene" type thing on the player as a global ref who's always there. That's fine.

I'd say we'd restrict claiming an actor to "SO:Reserved" then.

We could also add an extra var detailing the mod name that does the reservation, might be handy for troubleshooting. My gut tells me adding to the evfl key ("SO:Reserved:MyModNameString.esp") might be best, that way multiple mods may pile on or back out without the reservation becoming orphaned. You could clear yours and then if ar_size of the stringmap that is returned by NX_GetEVFlAr "SO:Reserved" is only 1, you can clear the original "SO:Reserved" too.

Edit: having the full mod name there (with .esp) would also make it possible for a central mod like say NG to go over reserved actors, checking their reserved nx vars for the mods that set them, checking if those mods are loaded & removing the vars if they're not.

• 1 month later...

So... about skill/sex experience.

I'm thinking of extending my "roles" vars from Spunk to these, so that every act adds that up.  eg if I determine that you're assfucked, I set that on you as "Spunk:Act:Assfucked" 1 for the duration of the act, and when it's done I might as well copy that across to "SO:Skill:Assfucked" +1 as a permanent var. (If I rename my act role vars to "Spunk:Act:Role:Assfucked", I can totally automate that.)

Roles vars I have up to now are: Sucked, Sucker, Licked, Licker, Fucked, Fucker, Assfucked, Assfucker, Inserted, Inserter, Masturbator, Whipped, Whipper, even the odd Watcher. (And yes, in a 3some people can have more than one role, and yeah, I can automate the skill addition all the same.)

Not sure if I should just add them up as xp (ie actor was involved in the act) or as skill (actor became better at it). For Spunk's arousal stuff, i'm gonna want to look up something that stands for skill anyway, but some roles (eg "Whipped") don't particularly need any type of skill, seeing as it's done to you. Thoughts? Should I just have both, but only add skill if, let's say, you caused an orgasm to happen and weren't raped or some such?

Hmm, yeah I'm thinking perhaps it's just XP rather than skill points, then let mods work out what they want to do with the number, to my thoughts XP could be gained from giving or receiving Oral or Anal whether you Orgasm or not. But Skill could imply you were good enough at receiving to cause the Giving party to Orgasm or you caused yourself to Orgasm perhaps or both?

Just another thought, should we have a different Prefix for Sexout NX variables that aren't actually dealt with in NG to make it clear that they are floating and not tied to any particular Plugin? "Sexout" vs "SO"? 

NG's vars start with sexout, so I think the way to go for us dependents wanting to create/read 'community vars' is "SO". Even so, the main thing to do is check the list here.

so... xp = involved in an act in that role, whether it was pleasurable or not, whether you were good at it or not --> "SO:XP:RoleString" evfl

skill = you made your partner orgasm while performing that role, except if you were raped --> "SO:Skill:Rolestring" evfl

So... about skill/sex experience.

some roles (eg "Whipped") don't particularly need any type of skill, seeing as it's done to you. Thoughts?

Definitely disagree, bottom (and top) BDSM roles take a lot of practice, I would say more than 'regular' sex. It might be simpler to have (and/or) some kind of umbrella skill 'submissive' and 'dominant', rather than a different one for each of the ZaZ act types.

I think you should learn something (less) even if there is no orgasm, or how do you learn? ;)

Definitely disagree, bottom (and top) BDSM roles take a lot of practice

Fair point - I guess I was more thinking of skill as a physical thing.

It might be simpler to have (and/or) some kind of umbrella skill 'submissive' and 'dominant', rather than a different one for each of the ZaZ act types.

Well, in spunk the roles I specify for zaz are just extensions of the regular sex roles and are primarily set up for spurt creation, what goes where in terms of cum, so that's why they are what they are now. I could definitely add extra general 'dom' & 'sub' skill vars though.

I think you should learn something (less) even if there is no orgasm, or how do you learn? ;)

Gawd, you're just full of good points aren't you.

Maybe it'd be best to regard "Skill" here as levels, and "XP" as the xp you need to get there, with more doled out on 'successful' sex. I'd probably have to scale that though.

Definitely disagree, bottom (and top) BDSM roles take a lot of practice, I would say more than 'regular' sex. It might be simpler to have (and/or) some kind of umbrella skill 'submissive' and 'dominant', rather than a different one for each of the ZaZ act types.

Hmm yeah valid point, perhaps there should be one point for each act plus extra point for each participants orgasm.

Not sure if we should do just XP, as Skills will require their own can of worms as to what Level 5 or 5000 points of Skill means :)

If someone has 3678 points of XP in Submissiveness or Oral Sex then it's up to plugins to decide what that means to them.

We can do with blanket categories as odds of someone wanting to know how much XP an actor has in anal whipping a molerat is unlikely :)

Not sure if we should do just XP as Skills will require their own can of worms as to what Level 5 or 5000 points of Skill means :)

If someone has 3678 points of XP in Submissiveness or Oral Sex then it's up to plugins to decide what that means to them.

We can do with blanket categories as odds of someone wanting to know how much XP an actor has in anal whipping a molerat is unlikely.

Ok, so just plain ol' xp should suffice. In terms of values, I'm thinking +1 for effort, + 5 * orgasm strength for success (3 types). Simple, but should do the trick.

If there's need for xp per species involved, I can do that too, but yeah, mostly I'll just do xp per roles & not combinations of everything.

"My girlfriend sucked 3678 dicks."  "In a row?"

Odessa:  Would you consider putting in a variable into Assault for tracking if it the act is non-con even though for the tactical decision thing, it's not actually being set in NG?  :heart: ?  My use of it would be to prevent sexy messages from being displayed during unsexy times. 

"My girlfriend sucked 3678 dicks."  "In a row?"

Odessa:  Would you consider putting in a variable into Assault for tracking if it the act is non-con even though for the tactical decision thing, it's not actually being set in NG?  :heart: ?  My use of it would be to prevent sexy messages from being displayed during unsexy times. 

If you are triggering from a sex act like I did in the original SexoutMessages effect scripts there's a token you can check for telling you if any Sex act is Rape but it does have to be set by the mod calling the sex act. There's probably a NX variable way of checking now too.

I've got it set to check for the token as well as the raper var since some mods use one and some mods use the other.  But because submitting can be a tactical decision to forgo equipment damage/theft, evidently, the act isn't always set as rape so that the consequences don't apply in Assault or Wear and Tear.

To me, setting the 'rape' flag is about controlling the mood of the scene by changing the sounds, rather than being about consent. So, in Soliciting I can have someone say 'I like it rough, this is my idea' and if you agree it sets the flag. That also affects W+T so it works well. The same in Another Kick in the Head.

Whether it is rape in Sex Assault is up to your imagination, you can use stalkers for a free love kind of feel and if you set the defense high there is only sex if you concede. Or whatever else you have in mind. To me, its not about rape and its a silly mod that doesn't attempt to be realistic.  I think you should keep your messages the same for it and leave further interpretation to the player's imagination.

As a suggestion, what if you add a 'style' NX for messaging that other mods can optionally set, with values corresponding to things like 'gentle', 'rough', 'imaginative', 'kinky', 'rape' etc. You could treat it as an override to your usual messages style picker. Otherwise I think it will be very hard to guess the context for all situations, other mods as well as my 3 set the rape flag for consensual sex, and many don't set it for non (or barely) consensual.