SexoutNG NX Variables Lists For Modders

A sound system revamp is on my todo list and has been for a while. There will be a way to tell sexout to override the sounds that does not rely simply on the rape flag as it does now.

The flags will let you choose to mute or play the cons/noncons sounds per actor (ignoring rape flag), as well as mute or not the slop sounds.

If you want to extend the SexoutStart NX vars to include those flags, just decide on what you want them to be and let me know (send me a PM or use a ticket in the sexout git please!) and you can start using them right away. Sexout will just ignore them until I get around to the revamp, but they could be looked at, along with a trinary cons/noncons/reluct extension to the rape flag.

I've been out of the lop a bit and not sure where we are up to on some things  and how many people are using these NX's so want to make sure everything in the OP is what we want from this discussion to remain there forever and we just add new things to it.

SexoutNG managed

Ones we need Prideslayer to add into SexoutNG for counting Sex events

rActor.NX_SetEVFl "SO:Count:fSexRecOral" ; *** Number of times received Sex Orally

rActor.NX_SetEVFl "SO:Count:fSexRecAnal" ; *** Number of times received Sex Anally

rActor.NX_SetEVFl "SO:Count:fSexRecVaginal" ; *** Number of times received Sex Vaginally

rActor.NX_SetEVFl "SO:Count:fSexRecPenile"  ; *** Number of times received Penile Sex

rActor.NX_SetEVFl "SO:Count:fSexGiveOral" ; *** Number of times gave Sex Orally

rActor.NX_SetEVFl "SO:Count:fSexGiveAnal" ; *** Number of times gave Sex Anally

rActor.NX_SetEVFl "SO:Count:fSexGiveVaginal" ; *** Number of times gave Sex Vaginally

rActor.NX_SetEVFl "SO:Count:fSexGivePenile" ; *** Number of times gave Penile Sex

rActor.NX_SetEVFl "SO:Count;fWasRaped" ; *** Number of times raped

rActor.NX_SetEVFl "SO:Count:fRapedAnother" ; *** Number of times raped another Actor

rActor.NX_SetEVFl "SO:Count:fXPSex" ; *** 1 point per event, +10 for each partner orgasming?

My thinking one point per relevant animation event, mods can always bump it more themselves for special events.

Ok I think if we want Prideslayer to add these into Sexout we change the Prefix from SO to Sexout

Without laying too much on Doc, one thought I have is to track Orgasm counts that needs to be updated or done by Spunk (Should they be in Spunk?)

So we would have "SO:Count:fCausedOrgasm" && "SO:Count:fHadOrgasm"

Maybe we are better if all the counters are all handled by Spunk as it has more info about any sex event other than rape/non-consensual

And perhaps "SO:Count:fXPSex" should just be a calculated total of all those above it including "SO:Count:fCausedOrgasm" && "SO:Count:fHadOrgasm"

Should we add counts for Dom, Sub, Prostitution, MasturbationSelf & MasturbationOther and dump all the skills below?

Possibilities for tracking in SexoutNG

rActor.NX_SetEVFl "SO:Count:fSexHuman" ; *** Number of times had sex with Humans

rActor.NX_SetEVFl "SO:Count:fSexCreature" ; *** Number of times had sex with Creatures

rActor.NX_SetEVFl "SO:Count:fSexRobot" ; *** Number of times had sex with Robots

rActor.NX_SetEVFl "SO:Count:fSexToys" ; *** Number of times had sex using toys

Any thoughts on these? Do we need to break Creatures down to Dogs etc?

Any thoughts does anyone want them yet? I thinking maybe we dump them from this list till they are really wanted and work on the stuff we want now.

Actor Statistic variables

We just name them in the list, no script management, they are adjusted by anyone using them

rActor.NX_SetEVFl "SO:Skill:fGivingOral" ; *** 0-35000 add one point for each event, more points added for successful achievements by plugins

rActor.NX_SetEVFl "SO:Skill:fGivingAnal"

rActor.NX_SetEVFl "SO:Skill:fGivingVaginal"

rActor.NX_SetEVFl "SO:Skill:fGivingPenile"

rActor.NX_SetEVFl "SO:Skill:fMasturbation"

rActor.NX_SetEVFl "SO:Skill:fProstitution" ; *** 0-35000, one point per approach, more for successful approaches by plugins (10?),

rActor.NX_SetEVFl "SO:Skill:fDom" ; *** 0-35000 add one point for each event, more points added for successful achievements by plugins

rActor.NX_SetEVFl "SO:Skill:fSub"

We probably only need some of these for that aren't covered by XP or should we just settle with those as XP counts too?

One I though of that might be handy for Prostitution is "IncomeFromProstitution" which would be incremented by mods with prostitution for every cap earned.

Traits

rActor.NX_SetEVFl "SO:Trait:fHumans" ; *** -100 to 100, How much the actor likes sex with Humans
rActor.NX_SetEVFl "SO:Trait:fMutants" ; *** -100 to 100, How much the actor likes sex with Mutants (Ghouls, Centaurs, SuperMutants, DeathClaws, Cazadores etc)
rActor.NX_SetEVFl "SO:Trait:fCreatures" ; *** -100 to 100, How much the actor likes sex with Creatures (Dogs, Bighorners) 
rActor.NX_SetEVFl "SO:Trait:fRobots" ; *** -100 to 100, How much the actor likes sex with Robots

rActor.NX_SetEVFl "SO:Trait:fSexWithMales" ; *** -100 to 100, How much the actor likes Sex with Males

rActor.NX_SetEVFl "SO:Trait:fSexWithFemales" ; *** -100 to 100, How much the actor likes sex with Females

rActor.NX_SetEVFl "SO:Trait:fAnal" ; *** -100 to 100, How much the actor likes sex using their ass

rActor.NX_SetEVFl "SO:Trait:fOral" ; *** -100 to 100, How much the actor likes sex using their mouth

rActor.NX_SetEVFl "SO:Trait:fVaginal" ; *** -100 to 100, How much the actor likes sex using their Vagina

rActor.NX_SetEVFl "SO:Trait:fPenile" ; *** -100 to 100, How much the actor likes sex using their Penis

rActor.NX_SetEVFl "SO:Trait:fToys" ; *** -100 to 100, How much the actor likes using toys

rActor.NX_SetEVFl "SO:Trait:fBondage" ; *** -100 to 100, How much the actor likes being bound or collared

rActor.NX_SetEVFl "SO:Trait:fDom" ; *** -100 to 100, How much the actor likes to Dominate

rActor.NX_SetEVFl "SO:Trait:fSub" ; *** -100 to 100, How much the actor likes to be Submissive

rActor.NX_SetEVFl "SO:Trait:fSlutty" ; *** -100 to 100, How Slutty the actor behaves

rActor.NX_SetEVFl "SO:Trait:fPregnancy" ; *** -100 to 100, How much the actor wants to sire or carry a child (used against contraceptive use or desire for sex when fertile)

rActor.NX_SetEVFl "SO:Trait:SexDrive" -100 to 100, the actors drive / addiction / repulsion to sex

Opinions

rActor.NX_SetEVFl "SO:Opinion:fSlutty" ; *** -100 to 100, How much the Actor likes Slutty actors

rActor.NX_SetEVFl "SO:Opinion:fPregnancy" ; *** -100 to 100, How much the actor likes Pregnant actors

As far as I know and see these can stay and are all ok? Is there a reason I didn't put a "f" on "SexDrive"?

As a suggestion, what if you add a 'style' NX for messaging that other mods can optionally set, with values corresponding to things like 'gentle', 'rough', 'imaginative', 'kinky', 'rape' etc. You could treat it as an override to your usual messages style picker. Otherwise I think it will be very hard to guess the context for all situations, other mods as well as my 3 set the rape flag for consensual sex, and many don't set it for non (or barely) consensual.

This is an idea I really like, if an NX was set and reset on actors by mods calling Sex "SO:Style:rSexEvent" during sex animations, and we had an agreed list of possibilities.

Alternatively perhaps the Current SexoutRape flag is changed to 0-10 for the degree of Non-consensuality

I've been out of the lop a bit and not sure where we are up to on some things and how many people are using these NX's so want to make sure everything in the OP is what we want from this discussion to remain there forever and we just add new things to it.

SexoutNG managed

rActor.NX_SetEVFl "SO:Count:fSexRecOral" ; *** Number of times received Sex Orally

rActor.NX_SetEVFl "SO:Count:fSexRecAnal" ; *** Number of times received Sex Anally

rActor.NX_SetEVFl "SO:Count:fSexRecVaginal" ; *** Number of times received Sex Vaginally

rActor.NX_SetEVFl "SO:Count:fSexRecPenile" ; *** Number of times received Penile Sex

rActor.NX_SetEVFl "SO:Count:fSexGiveOral" ; *** Number of times gave Sex Orally

rActor.NX_SetEVFl "SO:Count:fSexGiveAnal" ; *** Number of times gave Sex Anally

rActor.NX_SetEVFl "SO:Count:fSexGiveVaginal" ; *** Number of times gave Sex Vaginally

rActor.NX_SetEVFl "SO:Count:fSexGivePenile" ; *** Number of times gave Penile Sex

rActor.NX_SetEVFl "SO:Count;fWasRaped" ; *** Number of times raped

rActor.NX_SetEVFl "SO:Count:fRapedAnother" ; *** Number of times raped another Actor

rActor.NX_SetEVFl "SO:Count:fXPSex" ; *** 1 point per event, +10 for each partner orgasming?

My thinking one point per relevant animation event, mods can always bump it more themselves for special events.

Ok I think if we want Prideslayer to add these into Sexout we change the Prefix from SO to Sexout

Right, but:

Without laying too much on Doc, one thought I have is to track Orgasm counts that needs to be updated or done by Spunk (Should they be in Spunk?)

So we would have "SO:Count:fCausedOrgasm" && "SO:Count:fHadOrgasm"

Maybe we are better if all the counters are all handled by Spunk as it has more info about any sex event other than rape/non-consensual

If vars aren't NG-proper, but community-wide, they should be "SO", I think. I'd keep "Sexout" vars restricted to the ones that are set to start/influence an act, and to determine information from that act. Orgasm counts... well, spunk is in the orgasm business, it makes sense.

I would advocate spunk to handle xp, or at least for xp to be handled the way that spunk will be doing, ie, break the giving/receiving, a/b/c, anal/oral/vaginal distinctions down to roles that should be completely clear to everybody, "SO:XP:Role:Sucker", "SO:XP:Role:Licked" etc. Things like 'give oral', 'receive penile' (?) etc. are open to misinterpretation, and aren't specific enough. (Note the 'role' bit as opposed to what I wrote earlier - I had to add that for easy info retrieval/transposing with NX_GetEVFLAr and sv_replace.)

And perhaps "SO:Count:fXPSex" should just be a calculated total of all those above it including "SO:Count:fCausedOrgasm" && "SO:Count:fHadOrgasm"

Well, count & xp are probably different. As I said a few posts above, I'm looking at a little system that gives different xp for just participating than for causing/having orgasms (and conversely, relative xp being a factor in orgasm strength, determining xp gain). If we need another var for plain 'count', number of acts involved in a role, then I can do that too, along the same lines.

Should we add counts for Dom, Sub, Prostitution, MasturbationSelf & MasturbationOther and dump all the skills below?

Prostitution... yeah, but that's a narrative element that should really be set by the mods doing it. I don't think there's anything for functionality mods to do there, it's a content thing, and different pros mods may have different ideas about how to handle that (same as with pros payout a little lower in your post).

Dom - sub: I can probably set some of that if I get around to a list of non-ZAZ anims that 'feel' dom-subbish. It'd be important though to keep this entirely distinct from rape, which is a different thing altogether.

Masturbator is already one of the roles in my system, can be added to xp/count, no sweat. New anims with 'masturbate other' roles, or whatever other stuff people come up with... that'll be a matter of them being added to NG proper first, then the anim being documented in the Sutra thread. I don't have time to test much of anything like that.

Possibilities for tracking in SexoutNG

rActor.NX_SetEVFl "SO:Count:fSexHuman" ; *** Number of times had sex with Humans

rActor.NX_SetEVFl "SO:Count:fSexCreature" ; *** Number of times had sex with Creatures

rActor.NX_SetEVFl "SO:Count:fSexRobot" ; *** Number of times had sex with Robots

rActor.NX_SetEVFl "SO:Count:fSexToys" ; *** Number of times had sex using toys

Any thoughts on these? Do we need to break Creatures down to Dogs etc?

Any thoughts does anyone want them yet? I thinking maybe we dump them from this list till they are really wanted and work on the stuff we want now.

If someone wants xp/count per species, I can do that because I obviously keep track of species involved. But if there's no present interest, let's skip it for the time being.

Actor Statistic variables

We just name them in the list, no script management, they are adjusted by anyone using them

rActor.NX_SetEVFl "SO:Skill:fGivingOral" ; *** 0-35000 add one point for each event, more points added for successful achievements by plugins

rActor.NX_SetEVFl "SO:Skill:fGivingAnal"

rActor.NX_SetEVFl "SO:Skill:fGivingVaginal"

rActor.NX_SetEVFl "SO:Skill:fGivingPenile"

rActor.NX_SetEVFl "SO:Skill:fMasturbation"

rActor.NX_SetEVFl "SO:Skill:fProstitution" ; *** 0-35000, one point per approach, more for successful approaches by plugins (10?),

rActor.NX_SetEVFl "SO:Skill:fDom" ; *** 0-35000 add one point for each event, more points added for successful achievements by plugins

rActor.NX_SetEVFl "SO:Skill:fSub"

We probably only need some of these for that aren't covered by XP or should we just settle with those as XP counts too?

Yeah, let's get rid of skill. XP should be enough, it's up to individual mods to figure out what it means to them.

Traits and opinions: the problem there is: who does the setting, and based on what? If it's going to be determined based on orgasms, for instance, then how much 'like' does a particular orgasm generate? I dunno if this isn't taking too much away from the players, really. Something similar could be said for something like "Trait:Slutty" - what's slutty to you may just be hang-up-free to me ;) And as long as there are no mods looking for this already, maybe it oughta be skipped. (Let's check with the intimacy project first, maybe.) Sex drive... that's lust, isn't it: "SO:Lust".

On the whole, one thing I'd like to point out is that hungarian notation in an nx var string is not only not needed because what it is is already stated in the NX function itself, but now that I've been creating nx vars on the fly with string var functions gathering bits from strings held in arrays etc, it's actually counterproductive. If I gather the role for an actor in an anim based on animrolesA[605] == "Fucker", then I just grab that and add it to the nx var string like "Spunk:Act:Role:" + $animrolesA[605], and off I go. And at the end of the ride, I add xp like NX_GetEVFLAr "Spunk:Act:Role:" --> all roles for the actor, then foreach through the stringmap that it returns, break down the nx key with sv_split, grab the role from thatarray[3], and add it at the end of "SO:XP:Role:". Adding prefixes messes up the easy exchange of strings and bits of string between string, array & nx vars.

As a suggestion, what if you add a 'style' NX for messaging that other mods can optionally set, with values corresponding to things like 'gentle', 'rough', 'imaginative', 'kinky', 'rape' etc. You could treat it as an override to your usual messages style picker. Otherwise I think it will be very hard to guess the context for all situations, other mods as well as my 3 set the rape flag for consensual sex, and many don't set it for non (or barely) consensual.

This is an idea I really like, if an NX was set and reset on actors by mods calling Sex "SO:Style:rSexEvent" during sex animations, and we had an agreed list of possibilities.

Alternatively perhaps the Current SexoutRape flag is changed to 0-10 for the degree of Non-consensuality

A numeric range feels a little odd to me. Something is rape or it isn't. That the rape flag is set for sound purposes etc instead of signifying actual rape is something that should be addressed by a message/sound overhaul that can take these 'styles' into account (EVSTs maybe, unless you want to account for more than one mood.) - I'm all for them, the same for other varieties like 'coerced', 'blackmail','not really into it', 'consensual but barely'. But rape is boolean/binary. I can't base my rape trauma path in SOFO on something that might've been rape but maybe wasn't, depending on the fancy of the player, or on something that might've just been used to set a 'rough sex' mood, and hence wasn't traumatizing at all.

A way of using the rape sounds without setting the flag is preferable to a range rather than flag to me. I am setting it for mood regularly as I've mentioned, but I'm guessing this changes orgasm chances and other problems for you.

On the opinions/traits like '(likes) slutty', I am not using them yet but I do plan to add them to Soliciting. However, if I am the only person interested in using them, it may be better for me to contain them in my mod, so something like "Sol:Opinion:LikesSlutty", and I'll base it on clothing etc rather than another NX. They can always be converted to "SO:-" ones if someone else wants to share them later.

EDIT: (Incidentally, this appears to be post #666 from a succubus.. ;))

A way of using the rape sounds without setting the flag is preferable to a range rather than flag to me. I am setting it for mood regularly as I've mentioned, but I'm guessing this changes orgasm chances and other problems for you.

Yeah, that too. Rape victims don't get the "CanCum" flag in spunk.

On the opinions/traits like '(likes) slutty', I am not using them yet but I do plan to add them to Soliciting. However, if I am the only person interested in using them, it may be better for me to contain them in my mod, so something like "Sol:Opinion:LikesSlutty", and I'll base it on clothing etc rather than another NX. They can always be converted to "SO:-" ones if someone else wants to share them later.

Ah. Well maybe I'm pushing the cutting of things too much, but I fear the inevitable proliferation of vars and variations of vars, and things being advertized as 'in the system' that aren't. The traits v opinions system is sound, I'm just a little wary of the practical application, with several mods setting quite possibly contradicting vars on the same actors, especially on player and persistent NPCs, and in some cases making decisions that should really be the player's.

• 3 weeks later...

SexoutNG managed

rActor.NX_SetEVFl "SO:Count:fSexRecAnal" ; *** Number of times received Sex Anally

rActor.NX_SetEVFl "SO:Count:fSexRecVaginal" ; *** Number of times received Sex Vaginally

rActor.NX_SetEVFl "SO:Count:fSexRecPenile"  ; *** Number of times received Penile Sex

rActor.NX_SetEVFl "SO:Count:fSexGiveOral" ; *** Number of times gave Sex Orally

rActor.NX_SetEVFl "SO:Count:fSexGiveAnal" ; *** Number of times gave Sex Anally

rActor.NX_SetEVFl "SO:Count:fSexGiveVaginal" ; *** Number of times gave Sex Vaginally

rActor.NX_SetEVFl "SO:Count:fSexGivePenile" ; *** Number of times gave Penile Sex

Scratch these from the list as they are better handled by Spunk doing XP and roles like Licker, Sucker etc

rActor.NX_SetEVFl "SO:Count:WasRaped" ; *** Number of times raped

rActor.NX_SetEVFl "SO:Count:RapedAnother" ; *** Number of times raped another Actor

Don't know about these 2, probably only need a count

rActor.NX_SetEVFl "SO:XP:Sex" ; *** 1 point per event, +10 for each partner orgasming?

rActor.NX_SetEVFl "SO:XP:Masturbation" ; *** 0-35000 add one point for each event, more points added for successful achievements by plugins

rActor.NX_SetEVFl "SO:XP:Prostitution" ; *** 0-35000, one point per approach, more for successful approaches by plugins (10?),

rActor.NX_SetEVFl "SO:XP:Dom" ; *** 0-35000 add one point for each event, more points added for successful achievements by plugins

rActor.NX_SetEVFl "SO:XP:Sub" ; *** 0-35000 add one point for each event, more points added for successful achievements by plugins

So do these sound more suitable?