Regarding the Elder Scrolls: Online...

Sεraphim

What Do You Think About TES:O?  

484 members have voted

1. 1. If your answer is other, feel free to explain it in a forum post!

• I think it will be amazing! Probably the best MMO of the decade!
    • I think it will be alright. I'm sure it will be entertaining for a bit.
    • I don't think it will be that great, but I'm still going to try it.
    • I'm not looking forward to it.
    • I don't play MMOs.
    • Other...

Honestly, I was hoping that they would make the next Elder Scroll's game like Neverwinter, where your friends could see what your character was like if they had the same mods. In my opinion, the ES games are meant for modding (kind of like the Sims), I get a lot of enjoyment out of modding the game to my own particular taste.  It would be better if it was a co-op game where you could invite friends or whomever to your game.. and not have to deal with it being a full out MMO. As an MMO player, I've found the communities have been going down the hill. 

So I'm not looking forward to the game but I'm willing to give it a try. Do I expect it to hold my attention? Probably not. 

It feels cliché as a whole; I am not surprised that ZeniMax decided to move their successful franchise of The Elder Scrolls towards a MMORPG, since it's a big market nowadays and a certain profit can be made. However, I don't know how well typical The Elder Scrolls features would integrate into a MMORPG.

Will dialogue matter? How about decisions? Will our characters have truly a story of their own? Or perhaps in reality, it is just trying to take a slice of the Guild Wars 2 players and the remnants of World of Warcraft?

I don't have any expectations, I would love to try out the game, but if it's a monthly subscription then I won't feel like picking up the game, especially from what I have seen so far in the videos.

• 2 weeks later...

I've been playing Elder scrolls games since DaggerFall lore wise its going to get butchered, as a subscription MMO It wont last unless it offers something out of this world unique and even then I dont give it long before it goes f2p, and being developed to be able to run on consoles I dont see it ending well.  I just hope Bethesda has a contingency plan for this .

if the core structure of eso game experience is about, well gaining experience, then its DoA, it will just take a few years to discover that it has been DoA. All content becomes obsolete were 'progress by number' is the primary thrust, heroics-by-numbers is a WoW thing, better to play that game for the stat crack. Those who model on this formula always fail, as there are only so many people who still fall for the gerbil wheel grind. GW2 is most recent, perfect example of "game gone bad", the trap of Evercrack model seems pretty much baked-in to ESO,

So yeah -- DoA, once you play past the shiny. I'll play for first month, to explore yet another expression of our dying civilization, another: art mimics life thing.

strange that the obvious choice is always overlooked, a choice so close, as 'a game done right' -- skyrim; horizontal exploration and progress, story-driven, open-world freedom, stats virtually non-existent and irrelevant. A game filled with user created content... this will be the mmo to win a new market. ESO is not that mmo.

What makes a Elder Scroll game great and sell millions: Open world and freedom+ for PC also the mods.

ESO: No freedom no OPEN world no MODS.

NUFFSAID!

I agree :), finally someone can put this our in 3 things without us using a long list, and we can comprehend it

Guest endgameaddiction

I've been playing Elder scrolls games since DaggerFall lore wise its going to get butchered, as a subscription MMO It wont last unless it offers something out of this world unique and even then I dont give it long before it goes f2p, and being developed to be able to run on consoles I dont see it ending well.  I just hope Bethesda has a contingency plan for this .

I'm racist against console systems. And what I hate the most about MMO's + console systems is that you'll forever play on shitty graphics many years down the road. Even if the MMO is still strong. Most gamers will still play the game on an old platform and ruin it for the PC gamers. I wished they would of trashed PS2 from FFXI Online a long time ago so they could have revamped the game. Or just toss the console gamers into a separate server and leave us PC gamers in our own servers. Don't care now since I quit almost a year ago. But yeah.. console systems should only be for offline games. nuffsaid...

I just got the beta invite and was gonna play but the freaking download speed is like 6kb.At this rate it would take forever to even play,plus I really don't like the premise of the game.I haven't even played it yet and don't intend to.I agree with most people here I would like it to be something like a free world and could be modded and people could set up servers to host their modded game with a small group with a main quest and dungeons,small quest,encounters,etc.

• 1 month later...

Well I'll post something when I play here so maybe we can explore together.

Now, why can't i create my char already? 

Now I played ES since Daggerfall (that I modded, man was it bugged!). I played Asheron's call and Wow and both were fucking boring after a while. You do the same repetitive task (you may as well go to work as it feels like it: mining, crafting etc.). 

I don't really remember AC so well but for Wow other players were a nuisance, ruining the game. When you play with others, you spend your time waiting. In Wow I leveled at least 5 times faster when playing alone (and I didn't tried to level...).

So yeah, but you are all wrong thinking it can't be modded. It can, but for that Beth has to deliver private Server licenses. It's doable to make you pay for your game while you play on a friend's server that can be modded and 10 years old free.

Guest Ragna_Rok

Just received my invite and I'm downloading it right now. It seems I'm 3mb/a min and 21GB left...

For me the ß is between 10th and 12th... So in other words, this week-end.

not sure if i should be happy or feel sorry for you... i will go for sorry.

oh, and since i notice you the first time here, and love the moderation here, im gonna "like" a couple of your posts, consider yourself kudos-ed ... :) *gives cookie*

have fun with teso... :)

(its just that i agree with a post above. no free world + nod mods = i will go skip this one.)

Archived