Regarding the Elder Scrolls: Online...

Sεraphim

What Do You Think About TES:O?  

484 members have voted

1. 1. If your answer is other, feel free to explain it in a forum post!

• I think it will be amazing! Probably the best MMO of the decade!
    • I think it will be alright. I'm sure it will be entertaining for a bit.
    • I don't think it will be that great, but I'm still going to try it.
    • I'm not looking forward to it.
    • I don't play MMOs.
    • Other...

I've played the beta as well. It is absolutely horrible, which is sad because I love Bethesda games. I'm guessing they didn't have enough voice actors so most of the npcs are voiced by what sounds like Microsoft Text to Speech voices. The only NPCs that were voiced were those from the tutorial. After you get out into the mainland, everything is Microsoft Text to Speech. Aiming with a bow is impossible in 3rd person because the arrow goes off in random directions. I know it is a beta but there is no way in hell they are going to fix all of the shit that is wrong with it before their slated release date for this year.

After trying the beta for a bit I'm not terribly impressed either. I didn't have any great expectations, but still... run from A to B and maybe kill some stuff on the way (if there is anything left) isn't that interesting. Compared to Skyrim it all feels just dead and empty.

After trying the beta for a bit I'm not terribly impressed either. I didn't have any great expectations, but still... run from A to B and maybe kill some stuff on the way (if there is anything left) isn't that interesting. Compared to Skyrim it all feels just dead and empty.

vanilla Skyrim is actually pretty dead - towns are more like villages with a handful of people living in them. When modded however, towns can actually feel like towns. 

ESO will not be modifiable outside of the GUI. (graphical user interface) 

Just received my invite and I'm downloading it right now. It seems I'm 3mb/a min and 21GB left...

For me the ß is between 10th and 12th... So in other words, this week-end.

not sure if i should be happy or feel sorry for you... i will go for sorry.

oh, and since i notice you the first time here, and love the moderation here, im gonna "like" a couple of your posts, consider yourself kudos-ed ... :) *gives cookie*

have fun with teso... :)

(its just that i agree with a post above. no free world + nod mods = i will go skip this one.)

Lol; I liked you too :)

if someone made the game playable on private servers it would take off because people will be using it to play on modded game servers

I guess as long as the private servers are populated by paying customers... It won't happen, I know. I know :(

Played the Beta, sucks. A generic MMO using a hit franchise name to scam people out of money. Worse since TES isn't multiplayer, this 'TESO' will scam more people.

Well, I... sadly agree...

I've played the beta as well. It is absolutely horrible, which is sad because I love Bethesda games. I'm guessing they didn't have enough voice actors so most of the npcs are voiced by what sounds like Microsoft Text to Speech voices. The only NPCs that were voiced were those from the tutorial. After you get out into the mainland, everything is Microsoft Text to Speech. Aiming with a bow is impossible in 3rd person because the arrow goes off in random directions. I know it is a beta but there is no way in hell they are going to fix all of the shit that is wrong with it before their slated release date for this year.

They won't but like all MMORPG, you'll have to wait for the first extension for the game to be playable and at that moment, the server will be filled with brats on Daddy's credit card calling you noob cause you will be :)

vanilla Skyrim is actually pretty dead - towns are more like villages with a handful of people living in them. When modded however, towns can actually feel like towns. 

I feel that for every Beth's game before modding, starting in Daggerfall wich, by the way, was one of the biggest world including MMORPG worlds (dunno where I saw that, I'll check and publish my sauce as soon as I can).

Seeing as it is set up as a subscription service I doubt it will last more then a year or two before going quasi Free to Play like SWTOR. Honestly Sub service style MMOs are going the way of the Dinosaurs, now a days Buy to play with a cash shop or Free to play with a cash shop is the way to go as it pulls in more money per month.

Of course Pay to win games pull in more cash then games with subs. I played Wartune for about 9 months before i eventually got tired of all the cashers basically taking over every aspect of the game. For real there were people who shelled out over 6-7 grand on a free to play game in under 8 months. Think there were even people who spent over 10 grand on that game and continue to shell out more each month.

Just received my invite and I'm downloading it right now. It seems I'm 3mb/a min and 21GB left...

For me the ß is between 10th and 12th... So in other words, this week-end.

not sure if i should be happy or feel sorry for you... i will go for sorry.

oh, and since i notice you the first time here, and love the moderation here, im gonna "like" a couple of your posts, consider yourself kudos-ed ... :) *gives cookie*

have fun with teso... :)

(its just that i agree with a post above. no free world + nod mods = i will go skip this one.)

Lol; I liked you too :)

if someone made the game playable on private servers it would take off because people will be using it to play on modded game servers

I guess as long as the private servers are populated by paying customers... It won't happen, I know. I know :(

Played the Beta, sucks. A generic MMO using a hit franchise name to scam people out of money. Worse since TES isn't multiplayer, this 'TESO' will scam more people.

Well, I... sadly agree...

They won't but like all MMORPG, you'll have to wait for the first extension for the game to be playable and at that moment, the server will be filled with brats on Daddy's credit card calling you noob cause you will be :)

I feel that for every Beth's game before modding, starting in Daggerfall wich, by the way, was one of the biggest world including MMORPG worlds (dunno where I saw that, I'll check and publish my sauce as soon as I can).

Daggerfall is still the single largest videogame world even after almost 18 years. Outside of dungeons for the main quest, most everything is randomized in Daggerfall. The game boasts like 15K+ towns, villages and dungeons and 750K+ NPC's to interact with. Traveling from one end of the game world to the other is supposed to take like 2 weeks real-time. From what I've read Bethesda claims Daggerfall boasts 88,745 square miles. Oblivion only rates 16 square miles.

Im kind of excited, Skyrim was a disappointment in my eyes.

But if they make ESO like.. Dark souls? Forget that shit. IM hopping its more or less like The towns are open multiplayer, But only outside of town u can only see your party and maybe freinds online? idk

Im excited, but im always kind of trying not to get excited.

Skyrim was a let down, and i fear this will be to. and i have a rule about games. TO many let downs (like battlefield) and i stop buying them

I managed to play it for roughly 10 minutes before I uninstalled it. The game sucks I doubt it will last a year before havign to go F2P or shutdown.

told you so xD

In other news: WE PLAN FOR AN APRIL 4th RELEASE...

oh lawd, I can't wait to see how this will go, the game is still in beta and still needs A LOT more help and they plan to release it THAT EARLY!? (Reminds me of a few other mmos that got an early release and died within the next 4-6 months...)

So, I HAVE to ask those that participated in the beta recently:

to those that said: "It sucks big floppy donkey dick" 

• Why does it suck?
  •  
  • What would you do to improve it?
  •  
  • Is April 4th too early for it?
  •  

to those that said: "I love it and it is the second coming of WOW"

• Why do you love it?
  •  
  • Would you do anything to improve it, if it has any kind of flaw?
  •  
  • Is April 4th too early for it's release?

1: to many reasons to list here

2: take every copy of the game/HDDs with the game code, dump gas on it, and light it.

3: April is WAAAAAAAAAAAY to soon to be releasing this POS!!!

I'm expecting them to go the way of TERA and SWTOR...

Make money from the box sales and subs, when the ship is sinking, lay off half of your team (Don't forget the scapegoat to blame for the failure and a heartfelt apology to the community!)

Announce F2P with a "SPESHUL STATUS IF YOU SUBSCRIBE" to get extra perks and access to gated content!

Then open a cash shop that contains items from the Collector's Edition that was supposed to be exclusive.

to those that said: "It sucks big floppy donkey dick" 

• Why does it suck?
  •  
  • What would you do to improve it?
  •  
  • Is April 4th too early for it?
  •  

to those that said: "I love it and it is the second coming of WOW"

• Why do you love it?
  •  
  • Would you do anything to improve it, if it has any kind of flaw?
  •  
  • Is April 4th too early for it's release?

All right. I played for several hours, 3 or 4 were not possible due to server failure... It's a ß so let's not judge that...

So

It doesn't really, it's just WOW with ES Lore, nothing different. Just yet another MMORPG. The concept doesn't work for me and never will. I played it like a alone player and it worked fine. So in other words: I don't see the interest in ruining an ES with online if not necessary...

Make a stand alone edition, collaborating with kids is ANNOYING and ruin the game. I like to play when I WANT, not when it's convenient for a group to do it, that makes me a slave of the game and not the way around...

Meh.

It's nice, really. I just can't admire anything as it's a MMORPG so monsters respawn and there's always 20 people next to the impossible to spot lonely girl you need to talk discretely to...  :huh: 

Make people have an impact in the world. Most MMORPG are just BAD stand alone game with brats... It is really grotesque to have a quest where you need to be stealthy or elegant and there's 25 other players around the target NPC. Seriously, it's idiotic...

Meh.

Conclusion:

WOW with ES Lore, nothing more same quests, same mistakes. It's like companies haven't learned anything from the failures of past MMORPG. Nothing.

I'll play again tomorrow, see if I can see some landscape but so far it's really linear and absolutely stand alone playable.

L'enfer c'est autres... Surtout s'ils ont moins de 14 ans...

Nighty night... :wacko: 

Did you really expect this to turn out any different than WoW with ES lore?

Hey now, hardcore fans really did expect to get that TES feel... don't crush their dreams! (The game will do it for them lol)

You'll never get TES feel in a MMORPG unless it's built as the sandbox that TES is based on and that's modablity. If it were not for the mods these games would shrivel up and die.

Did you really expect this to turn out any different than WoW with ES lore?

Hey now, hardcore fans really did expect to get that TES feel... don't crush their dreams! (The game will do it for them lol)

You'll never get TES feel in a MMORPG unless it's built as the sandbox that TES is based on and that's modablity. If it were not for the mods these games would shrivel up and die.

Of course you'll never get the feel of a single player game in an mmo (unless it's made for speeding through content to get to endgame like the majority of them in 2013)

Buuuuuuuut...Indeed they would shrivel up and die. Playing the games without mods, they're pretty lifeless in every sense of the word, the world is empty, there's no REAL journey or anything and not really immersive either.

I'm sure the guys over at Bethesda have noticed modders making their games better---- NOPE... no.. sorry, my bad, the guys at BUNGIE see modders as wonderful people worthy of using their talents in games.

Archived