Regarding the Elder Scrolls: Online...

Sεraphim

What Do You Think About TES:O?  

484 members have voted

1. 1. If your answer is other, feel free to explain it in a forum post!

• I think it will be amazing! Probably the best MMO of the decade!
    • I think it will be alright. I'm sure it will be entertaining for a bit.
    • I don't think it will be that great, but I'm still going to try it.
    • I'm not looking forward to it.
    • I don't play MMOs.
    • Other...

Even if Beth has released games these last years that felt "incomplete" or "empty" I still have enjoyed them very much. Many thanks to the people like you and me, who create mods for us to enjoy and/or increase the experience within the game. But also the fact, that you can create who or whatever you want, and then just go out and explore. No strings attached.

And to kill stuff. I remember the first time I played FO3. When I left Vault 101, I was scared to death. First time I played Oblivion. Same deal. It felt so overwhelming. In a good way.

It was just you. No one else. You were free to do whatever you want. Go explore and just kill stuff.

So, this funny thing called TES:O? No, I don't believe in that project. The moment when they decided to make Skyrim online, the magic was lost.

And, I heard a few years back, that when you launch the game up for the first time, you will have the option to fill out like an form, telling the game all kinds of stuff, and then the game will place you in special phase with like minded players. Sure that sounds awesome, but it wont work. Last 3 MMOS I played, made it clear, that it just don't work. Sooner or later, the retarded idiots will come and there is nothing you can do. Except, quit the game and remove it from you hdd.

I will likely test it out, to really get an 100% opinion about it. But the mmo scene is dying. Way to many copy/paste based gameplay and mechanics. And not to mention the retarded players. That is something I just can't take anymore.

yeah ladies and gentleman, the 90's are returning little by little, CoD and BF are saturated by now and Most of the new FPS games by now are getting their 90's treatment back, Shadow Warrior Remake and Rise of Triad having great sells, Wolfenstein: New Order will be fully 90's, Dishonored brought Thief back from the ashes, the new Tomb Raider Remake its TB1 with a hardcore setting

i think TESO will work in their own way, ins't going to affect the game itself since the setting its before the third era and its between the gap during the end of 2nd era and Tiber Septim's birth.

And to think all this time they have been working on a Elder scrolls MMO, when they could be working on another Fallout or even another elder scrolls. And in terms of Elder Scrolls online, i'm probably never going to buy it unless it goes F2P. I'm fine with my Vault dweller, chosen one, Dragon Born, and The Courier thanks.

And to think all this time they have been working on a Elder scrolls MMO, when they could be working on another Fallout or even another elder scrolls. And in terms of Elder Scrolls online, i'm probably never going to buy it unless it goes F2P. I'm fine with my Vault dweller, chosen one, Dragon Born, and The Courier thanks.

I recommend actually doing some research on the game before speaking about it? TESO isn't being developed by the group(s) that made Fall out or the original TES games it's being developed by a subsidiary company of Bethesda's parent company.

I'm surprised at how many people are optimistic about it. I'm the softest, easiest to please TES fanboy on this whole damned forum and even I don't have enough faith in it to say I think it'll be entertaining.

I've seen some of those leaked beta videos. It looks mildly entertaining, but I'm not holding my breath for it.

I assume I will have the same reaction to it towards both GTA V: Online and Guild Wars 2... I'll play it for a few days and have a lot of fun, then start seeing it's major flaws, then start attempting to convince myself that I hadn't wasted $59.99, then eventually get bored and quit (or in the case of Guild Wars, RPng).

Roleplaying is something I greatly look forward to in this game. Not many things can ruin it, except other players.

Well, I'm not a very big fan of TES series but when I killed my first dragon in Skyrim (can't remember its name and hell who cares it's just born to die!) I was hooked !

What I saw from the videos of TESO is : a much much better Character Creation window than in Skyrim vanilla ( I think they hacked it (or just the great ideas <_< ) from one of the great mods already existing for Skyrim ) , a good main quest : trying to get back your soul stolen by Molag Bal.

I have to admit I'm pretty confident in the future of TESO right now, time will tell us.

Most likely the reason they put so much effort into their chargen system, which btw is still inferior to eastern MMOs imo, is they want a microtransaction everytime you want to change your appearance. Like name changing... part of the "fun stuff" category they will charge people for.

I wonder how much they'll charge for getting married and shit.

Let's say..... ALL?

Maybe because I like the anime styles better or really attractive chicks. Don't see anyone playing as a fat guy and probably why eastern MMOs only implement fatness in furries. Warpaint is bleh and easy to implement, again, nothing technically spectacular.

Actually it does because technically it's not that hard to do. It works similarly to EGM files, just get a bunch of shape keys on the mesh and simply scale up and down. Tattoos are even simpler: overlay the tatoo with an alpha channel and that's it.

Despite how easy it is, there's a reason MMOs don't do it -- there's no demand for ugly fat and old people with weird body shapes. And here's the catch, people who choose an un-idealized body shape or tattoos just so they can be different soon regret their decision when young lithe beauties with flawless skin run around them decked out in shiny armor --> great "microtransaction" opportunity for the money grabbers.

Or is it just an illusion of choice, when you know everyone will go for one of the idealized body shapes anyway but give them the choice so they feel like they're different. If that's the case, it's merely a marketing ploy. The equivalent of giving users a set of upper lower body choices like eastern MMOs do but without the illusion.

That's partly because MMO's are not about immersion it's about the gear, the level grind, the Dungeon runs, PVP, and how much money you can amass. Elder Scrolls games are about immersion and eso is trying to bring that to MMOs. Honestly I think immersion is something that MMOs in general could benefit from instead of the same cookie cutter shit over and over.

There is an old saying "same shit different wrapper" and that's all MMOs are today the same tired shit in a new wrapper.

I always thought MMOs were about the social experience, hence the importance of attractiveness or cuteness (furries).

Oh well,,, i shouldn't post in this thread ... i haven't played an MMO not even once. Only saw a bunch of videos on youtube and thought Tera, Blade&Soul chicks are yum and ESO looked yuk.

Actually it does because technically it's not that hard to do. It works similarly to EGM files, just get a bunch of shape keys on the mesh and simply scale up and down. Tattoos are even simpler: overlay the tatoo with an alpha channel and that's it.

Despite how easy it is, there's a reason MMOs don't do it -- there's no demand for ugly fat and old people with weird body shapes. And here's the catch, people who choose an un-idealized body shape or tattoos just so they can be different soon regret their decision when young lithe beauties with flawless skin run around them decked out in shiny armor --> great "microtransaction" opportunity for the money grabbers.

Or is it just an illusion of choice, when you know everyone will go for one of the idealized body shapes anyway but give them the choice so they feel like they're different. If that's the case, it's merely a marketing ploy. The equivalent of giving users a set of upper lower body choices like eastern MMOs do but without the illusion.

ESO provides a really great opportunity for roleplaying, crafting a character in appearance that matches whatever personality you want to give them, and all you can say it "It's bad because they aren't pretty" and "Ugly is a money grab"?

God you're jaded.

I hate MMOs. You run around with friends and level up then you explore all the places and next month you are in the highest level area. And everyone else is cluster fucked in the same place. This happened to GW2 where the entire world is empty and everyone is all in one place. And AION, don't even get me started on AION. I like the type of MMO RPGs with a more social aspect because that's what makes the game last longer. Also I can't see bounty and theft being part of the game anymore. And why does the combat suck? I look forward to Witcher 3 and the next Dragon's Dogma but screw TESO. 

Im with you almost same expierence and feeling these days towards mmo's.

I stick with solo rpgs or good game like Dishonered.

The Witcher 3 next years realy looking forward to that game screw mmo's:P

Its all about what you like or not, to each his won.

Also what everyone experience i play mmo's sinds '99 Asheron's call and it have changed so much in so many ways gamewise and community i realy can't bare it anymore its just gameover for me.

So ill stick with solo games.

Ive more contact with people on forum here then i had in last couple of mmo's ingame hehe

And here's the catch, people who choose an un-idealized body shape or tattoos just so they can be different soon regret their decision when young lithe beauties with flawless skin run around them decked out in shiny armor

I'm gonna call bullshit on this statement in particular.  Not everyone is going to use this game as a meat pole draining device, even if most people on LL will.

When MMOs first came out they were about the social experience. However, It has been relegated to the back burner so to speak.

It still is about the social experience, but these days it usually goes like this, at the very least in the major hotspots:

Shadowdeathhunter Bloodninjakiller, while hopping around like crazy: "Look at my purple gear, you fucking n00b!!!!!1!!!!! Lolololollolololo!!!!!1!!!!!!!!!!!1!!! UR green gear suuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuucks!!!!!11!!!!!!!!"

Deathknightskullcrasher Murdernighthawk, jumping around naked: "Grren gear??????????????????? Olololoolooloolo1!!!!1!!!!!!! Go farming, n00b!!!!!!!!!!11!!!!!1!!!"

And so on...

LOL, yeah that sounds like WoW right before I quite playing it. Most MMOs start out fun then the immature players start to show up and soon you don't want to play anymore...ESPECIALLY if it's a sub game like WoW or SWTOR.

That also happens much when a very high level account is sold to some 10-year-old kid whom he pestered his lawyer dad to buy it.

Archived