A Starfield rant thread

14 hours ago, Miauzi said:

Please, who should still be interested in this dead lump of stone?

There's a few reasons. First is that we still have people willing to fight and kill over a few rocks in the middle of a desert based on a religious holy covenant from hundreds or thousands of years ago, and this has survived both major regional wars as well as world wars. These kind of impulses seem to be inherent in some part of the populace, and I don't think a war would be an obstacle to it. The other would be the atmosphere of the Earth boiling off would be something worth very long term studies, so there would likely be continual data gathering and scientific interest in studying how this could happen in hopes that it could be averted or reversed.

Spoiler

And yes, I know the reason for the atmosphere evaporating was covered up by NASA in the story, but that would just mean there'd be more people looking for the cause that they could probably never find.

But this just opens up the military exploitation part: if the grav drives could cause the magnetosphere of the planet to destabilize, that has weapons applications that some group would probably be eager to develop and produce offensive and defensive measures for.

As I said, I'm not expecting a lot of things to be there, but the fact that there's basically nothing on or near the planet is weirdly conspicuous. No space stations, no data collection stations, no tiny little settlements being weird about the planet, and even barely even much in terms of wrecked city remnants (outside of the 13 snow globe buildings).

Vor 4 Minuten sagte Pashax:

Es gibt ein paar Gründe. Erstens gibt es immer noch Menschen, die bereit sind, um ein paar Felsen mitten in der Wüste zu kämpfen und zu töten, basierend auf einem religiösen, heiligen Bund von vor Hunderten oder Tausenden von Jahren, und dieser hat sowohl große regionale Kriege als auch Weltkriege überlebt. Solche Impulse scheinen einem Teil der Bevölkerung inhärent zu sein, und ich glaube nicht, dass ein Krieg ein Hindernis dafür darstellen würde. Das andere wäre, dass das Abkochen der Erdatmosphäre etwas wäre, was sehr langfristige Untersuchungen wert wäre, daher gäbe es wahrscheinlich eine kontinuierliche Datenerfassung und ein wissenschaftliches Interesse daran, zu untersuchen, wie dies passieren könnte, in der Hoffnung, dass es abgewendet oder rückgängig gemacht werden könnte.

Verborgene Inhalte aufdecken

And yes, I know the reason for the atmosphere evaporating was covered up by NASA in the story, but that would just mean there'd be more people looking for the cause that they could probably never find.

But this just opens up the military exploitation part: if the grav drives could cause the magnetosphere of the planet to destabilize, that has weapons applications that some group would probably be eager to develop and produce offensive and defensive measures for.

Wie gesagt, ich erwarte nicht, dass es dort viele Dinge gibt, aber die Tatsache, dass es im Grunde genommen nichts auf oder in der Nähe des Planeten gibt, ist seltsam auffällig. Keine Raumstationen, keine Datenerfassungsstationen, keine winzig kleinen Siedlungen, die auf dem Planeten seltsam sind, und sogar kaum Überreste zerstörter Städte (außer den 13 Schneekugelgebäuden).

Have they forgotten the huge shipyard complex in Luna orbit...? measured by "cosmic" standards, it's practically on the surface of the earth.

What do you want to do ... collect all the skellets of billions of people and bury them according to various religious rites?

Ultimately, this whole plot with the Dead Earth is due to a completely different circumstance:

The studio promised a game - where you can walk on the surface of ANY walkable celestial body ... even around the entire planetary body if you want.

But what would that mean for planet Earth?

That the percentage generation of surfaces does NOT work ... because this surface has been surveyed for centuries and was already accessible to the population in maps when I was a child (50 years ago).

So what would a player do? -> Check at home, of course.

So it doesn't work ... so you were either not allowed to enter the earth or the earth is a dead lump of stone.

One decided for the latter - accordingly one looked for the appropriate SFi scenario.

Of the many "end-of-the-world" scenarios, the one chosen is the most stupid ... the complete scientific bullshit, so to speak.

(I won't even go into what all speaks against it from a scientific point of view).

And now, when you tell your story, you have to follow the plot once it has been chosen - no matter how bad it is ... with all the logical holes, you have to pretend that it happened exactly the same way.

Of course you can now squeeze a cult into the plot ... if you have already reached the level of trash movies ... there is always room for improvement. there's always room for improvement.

80hours of wokefield, countless generic pirate/merc hideouts on random boring planets, im almost done with this turd from todd. i will finish the mainquest and then let it rot in my steam library for atleast 2 years. but hey mods will fix the game right? yeah im not so sure anymore...

i could write a long list like mexicola but im too lazy right now (maybe later)

remember when they told us many times how great the ship editor is? yeah well its useless because you are 95% of your playtime on foot. the whole concept of space combat and travel in this game is so god damn bad. most 5$ indie space games do a better job.

3 hours ago, Miauzi said:

Have they forgotten the huge shipyard complex in Luna orbit...? measured by "cosmic" standards, it's practically on the surface of the earth.

What do you want to do ... collect all the skellets of billions of people and bury them according to various religious rites?

Ultimately, this whole plot with the Dead Earth is due to a completely different circumstance:

The studio promised a game - where you can walk on the surface of ANY walkable celestial body ... even around the entire planetary body if you want.

But what would that mean for planet Earth?

That the percentage generation of surfaces does NOT work ... because this surface has been surveyed for centuries and was already accessible to the population in maps when I was a child (50 years ago).

So what would a player do? -> Check at home, of course.

So it doesn't work ... so you were either not allowed to enter the earth or the earth is a dead lump of stone.

One decided for the latter - accordingly one looked for the appropriate SFi scenario.

Of the many "end-of-the-world" scenarios, the one chosen is the most stupid ... the complete scientific bullshit, so to speak.

(I won't even go into what all speaks against it from a scientific point of view).

And now, when you tell your story, you have to follow the plot once it has been chosen - no matter how bad it is ... with all the logical holes, you have to pretend that it happened exactly the same way.

Of course you can now squeeze a cult into the plot ... if you have already reached the level of trash movies ... there is always room for improvement. there's always room for improvement.

They very well could not have gone with a nuclear apocalypse scenario without being compared to Fallout so they went with a scenario as far removed as they could imagine so long as said scenario would still render the surface of Earth uninhabitable.

'Grey Goo' would have been an excuse for an unstable surface of the Earth but it would introduce Nanomachines into the mix, something that threatens to overtake any plot that they are introduced into at some point. 

Vor einer Stunde sagte FauxFurry:

Sie hätten sich wohl nicht für ein nukleares Apokalypse-Szenario entscheiden können, ohne mit Fallout verglichen zu werden, also entschieden sie sich für ein Szenario, das so weit entfernt war, wie sie es sich vorstellen konnten, solange dieses Szenario die Erdoberfläche immer noch unbewohnbar machen würde.

„Grey Goo“ wäre eine Ausrede für eine instabile Erdoberfläche gewesen, aber es würde Nanomaschinen in die Mischung einbringen, etwas, das irgendwann jeden Handlungsstrang, in den sie eingeführt werden, zu übertreffen droht. 

One could have opted for a scenario ala "Foundation" ... not the one from the current TV series ... but the background story for the emergence of the human star empire ... and one would still be in a very very leading phase.

(the real "spacers" had artificially increased the decay rate of the uranium-thorium part of the Earth's core or the part in the Earth's crust - so that the Earth became too radioactive in the long run).

Only then one would have had to do without these "mythical" forces ala Jdei knights (or whatever).

The result is an absolutely crude mixture that doesn't work out - no matter how benevolently you look at it.

Much simpler would have been the scenario of an increased activity of the sun lasting for years - which does not completely destroy our magnetosphere - but could nevertheless cause severe damage to technology and climate zones (and that would not even be very far-fetched - in astrophysics such scenarios are actually discussed).

Part of humanity decides to flee and establish colonies in space outside the solar system - another part has to or wants to stay behind.

Humanity splits up ... contact with Earth breaks off or is politically discontinued ... you play in a scenario without Earth - conflicts between the various settler colonies do exist.

I have here essentially the same mechanics as in the current game ... just with a background that is not too strange in my eyes, like "artefacts" and mystic stuff like that.

Vor 2 Stunden sagte robert_d_negro:

Die Geschichte spielt in einem Bethesda-Spiel keine große Rolle, da sie nicht über die Fähigkeiten/Werkzeuge verfügen, um in ihren Spielen erfolgreich Drama zu liefern/tragen, das wissen wir alle. Persönlich bin ich zufrieden, wenn sie nicht viel auf Schiefertafeln und Gegensprechanlagen zurückgreifen, um etwas zu erklären.

Bethesda did not develop the Fallout universe itself ... but bought it in (from "Interplay").

The entire lore background was already completely worked out with the parts "Fallout 1" and "Fallout 2" - and when you see how the "third-party supplier" had designed the story for "Fallout NewVegas" ... many players see this part as the best.

So the less Bethesda is involved ... the better the actual game in terms of story and drama!

---

The person to whom the lore of the TES series goes back ... has not been around for a long time.

The high complexity of this world construction - in effect a pocket universe with dozens of sub-dimensions (and this doesn't just mean the "Realms of Oblivion") - should actually provide drama material for countless good stories.

But it is precisely the incompetence of this "joint" - that the best stories are written by "amateurs" and implemented in mods - that offer more "content" than the entire main game or the DLC.

On 9/17/2023 at 12:27 AM, sen4mi said:

I have found an issue with starfield that I think deserves a rant:

Starship Combat

There's an undocumented key binding such that if you hold down E when you're in combat, you climb out of your seat while your ship gets shot to pieces.

(There's a key binding for getting out of your seat, but if you change that -- and I changed mine to use Enter rather than E - that's fine. But if you are in combat and hold down the E key you still get out of your seat.)

WHO THOUGHT THIS WAS A GOOD IDEA?

(Probably someone got told that we need to be able to get out of our seat even when we're not docked nor grounded. And, so, somebody just did a quick hack and because this is such a stupid issue nobody thought to test for it. Probably. But... still...)

Probably the same people who though putting throw grenade and bash onto the same key in Fallout 4.

14 hours ago, Lyyli said:

I don't disagree that for the money involved game companies aught to produce products that are well written and largely free of bugs. But on the other hand, this is a Bethesda game and basically every game Bethesda has ever made has been a buggy mess with lackluster writing.

For me, it's a modding platform first, and as such, I got what I hoped for. It'll just be a little while before all the pieces are there to do really interesting things.

I do truly wish that people would stop bringing their weird "anti-woke" american politics to the "we mod sex and kink into games" forum. By all means do what you like, but we really don't need to hear you regurgitating the word "woke" like that's some gotcha or that it means anything when you say it. You may as well be signing your posts with a political party when you use it. (Something I hope we would all agree would be pretty gauche.)

Modding sex and kink into games is fundamentally and intrinsically political. Mainstream culture regardless of political affiliation is prudish and would not approve. So have some friggin' solidarity with your fellow perverts, we come from all walks of life.

You know what freedom of speech means right? So just let me do my thing and you do your thing.

10 hours ago, Miauzi said:

But it is precisely the incompetence of this "joint" - that the best stories are written by "amateurs" and implemented in mods - that offer more "content" than the entire main game or the DLC.

Most of the problems I see here correspond to people doing specialized jobs and Bethesda pushing the bounds of what that can represent.

So, for example, randomization and player choice when combined with voiced conversation. Bethesda literally cannot attain perfection here without giving up entirely.

Modders have similar blind spots, by the way. But modders also work with smaller audiences.

That said, some of the issues do become glaring, and deserve a followup pass to improve things.

One thing also really really bothers me there is this "Vladimir Sall" he is part of Constellation. It's a black guy with a russian accent. I somehow got the feeling they replaced the model with a black dude because of the situation in the Ukraine. They probably had everything about him finished, the voice acting etc. and then out of nowhere Russia invaded the Ukraine. Because of political correctness, they just replaced the model. Because it's not allowed to have any russians in games anymore. This is how it seems to be at least, there is no other plausible explanation.

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=3030161868

Cyberpunk is an example of really good story telling done well and fairly consistently through the game.

I have read every sort of argument otherwise.  Johnny is not a character we are supposed to like, he is supposed to piss us off and challenge everything and be this bombastic rockerboy burn the world down character.  He also represents that the player is suffering from cyberpyschosis but a lot of players fail to realize that.  Even the world building or wokeness in cyberpunk is meant to be off-putting on purpose and if that is not offending you the whole world of night city see's your woke ass as a virus that needs to die anyway because literally NC hates you, it has an immune system that is out to get you and every one of your successes is not meant to last. The authors literally tell the gamer this in actual dialogue.

Now of course there are players that completely miss everything about CP story and it's sort of off putting like why should the next game actually do a good job with writing when a serious amount of the population it just goes over the head.

Anyway why bring up CP2077? 

Good writing!  Even though some players get lost miss the points of the writing and some players cannot think past the action or the character sheets.

CP2077 excellent writing purposefully gets under the players skin at times and successfully illustrates the world space as our to kill the player.

Starfield, the writing is just enough to be called a story.  Not a good story and is often quite bland.  The only thing someone might claim really got under their skin about the writing is the wokeness, but in starfields case I would say that was not an example of success so much as political pandering.  Where with CP2077 woke presence is just one more thing just trying to get you to reject night city, besides all the other things in NC that are assualting your sentiment es and trying to murder the PC.

Edited by Gameplayer
4 hours ago, サマエル said:

This is getting quite political...

The usual crowd can't help whining about "woke" even though they probably don't even know what the word means and would be hard pressed to say what exactly in the game other than a pronoun slider in character creation even qualifies. You just learn to tune it out after a while.

Claire from Night City Cyberpunk 2077.

As V we first meet Claire at the legendary bar establishment known as the "Afterlife".

V and his or her or they/them's (Yes V can be straight, gay, trans, or full transition) best choom Jacky, meet Claire the bartender on their way to meet Dex the biggest fixer of them all for a job that will be their big break into Night Cities elite group of runners.  The whole work up to this point included a prelude and some video backstory that all helps establish the relationship V has with Jacky up to the mission, "The Heist."  Irregardless of V's orientation we already know with the missions we have done and the sequencing of the vidoe's V and Jacky are established best chooms and most of us all have an actual attachment to the well being of Jacky, proven out by numerous threads about how aweful it was that Jacky died.

But Jackies death was super important for a lot of following relationships to be developed.  One of those relationships is with the bartender Claire a full transition MTF, we dont know this information about Claire till later.

Our first introduction with Claire is when we sit down with our friend/choom Jacky at the main bar of the Afterlife just after being reminded that we are in over our heads.

Jacky orders a Morgan Blackhand, a drink, and Claire fills us in on the Afterlife tradition.  That to become a truely famous runner one has to die spectacularly best case mid-operation.

Jacky then tells Claire what his drink should be made of, this writing is called "foreshadowing" and this becomes important in more ways than just a drink or Jackies demise later on.

We laugh it up and have our drinks.

This scene is well more important and it does go a long way to investing our player with not only Jacky who bites the big one later but its super important because the player is already forming an emotional bond with Claire.  As she was afterall at an important moment of V's life.

Jacky of course suffers mortal wounds during the op, and we have a real mess of a time dealing with all the emotions that come out during the initial escape from Arosaka Tower.

After the completion of the Heist, well V is on very shaky ground and already dealing with their own mortality on top of all that early onset cyberpyscosis in the form of Johnny Silverhand living as an extra consciousness inside V's head, slowly eating away until the last shred of V's brain space is consumed becoming only Johnny, overwritten like plain bits of code.

V returns to the Afterlife, a proven Runner the doors are thrown open to you and nobody questions your right to be present there.

One of the first people to actually welcome you back to this haunt is Claire, and among your first options for dialogue is to ask for a Jacky Wells, the drink Jacky earned for himself for dying during the op.

Claire reminds you of the details of the drink all while expressing her sympathies.

About 10 hours into the gameplay, Claire will later call V on their cell phone, telling you she has a job lined up for you.

Does Claire out herself yet?

Nope, we have to go through a series of 3 races before we finally qualify for a final round of Night City DeathRace mayhem.

All the while the player has a lot of control over just what sort of context of a relationship they will have with Claire, it could be strictly business or V can end up having real heart to heart development about Claires loss and struggle over losing her man.  By the time Claire finally reveals to the player that they had a transition well by then the player has been through a lot of the games emotional rollercoasters consider that we have an attachment to Jacky and that Claire was there at key points in our budding running career and was an emotional lean to at a critical moment of V's life, we are already well invested in Claire as a person and a character in the world of Night City.

I can say at least for myself that I was invested in Claire an even rode the emotional highs and lows that both V and Claire lived through together.

One might say that Claire is my choomba even, that is how invested we get into the story of Claire.  It took a lot getting there and Claire sure she did a mike drop on us before the final race during an emotional outpouring to V about how the man that killed her husband had to die but tell me you didnt pull the trigger on that guy the first time, I wont believe you.

That is an example of really great story telling and it completely overcomes any bias that I may have had.

But I cannot say the same about the flat story in Starfield.

I can go on about Kerry and our adventures together and I can run the next V as a male an experience the whole what happens if V is a gay guy and has a relationship with Kerry while Johnny is probably having a gag reflex, how great would that be.

Science Fiction game vs Science Fiction game, both with pro-nouns both pushing boundaries.

One pulls it off the other just makes me gag.

Clones,

Alright Bethsada you went there.

Bring on the Clones.

Which show, movie, or video game should I pick to evaluate this against hmmm?

Could go Star Trek Generations, Deep Space Nine, oh heck just about any Star Trek except for Enterprise or Captain Pike Show.

How about I just go for the throat, Mass Effect 2.

Character Maranda Lawson.

Verses

Hadrian.

Should be a way shorter match up really, only so much I can recall anyway.

Alright so the obvious first.

Yes Maranda is super attractive, a fellow companion NPC, and she has secrets oh awesome.

Yup Maranda has a secret and actually at first when we get introduced to Maranda we are thinking oh she worked on top secret projects, sure that was the bone to throw you off dog.

Nah Maranda's big secret after we have gone on many adventures, had a whole slew of amazing dialogue sequences with her.

She is a clone of a man, one of the most dangerous men in the Universe that turned his clone into a female super spy weapon of himself actually gets pretty deep and involved to write here.

All the while she is intentionally ozing sex appeal and even tells you straight up her biggest weapon is her sex appeal, she dropped plenty of clues along the way even had butter face but her biggest weapon was probably that ass in that tight suit of hers, and lots of sexy hinting dialogue along the way.  Yes its even possible to develop a romantic relationship with her, https://www.ign.com/wikis/mass-effect-2/How_to_Romance_Miranda_Lawson

Hadrian, well we uh rescue Hadrian from a colony that is overcome by a single Terrormorph and we end up having to present evidence to the UNC council for special access previlages to a super secure locked down room containing all the dark technology from the war (also we know nothing about the war either amazing).

We have no emotional connection to Hadrian, none at all, for right now Hadrian is just a superior officer addressing a new Vanguard recruit and she spills the beans to someone she has no connections outside of work with.  Did I need to know about the nature of Hadrian being a clone rather than a daughter of Hadrian?  

I would argue no and in fact it was entirely inappropriate for her to tell me this information.

Hadrian Senior of course later brings it up again and claims she must have trusted you that much.

Why should she have trusted me that much, exactly what has transpired, what work up did we have before dropping such an immensely personal piece of information?

But what we have is Hadrian Senior, "My daughter must have trusted you."

Really the whole crazy thing is that the daughter has no idea that her dad is alive even, so there is no reason to believe that the dad would even press you on this detail, it is not a secret hand shake even.  IF it is, well why not establish that with a bit of written or spoken dialogue?  Oh right because we are not dropping that Hadrian the daughter is a clone of a man for any reason other than we here at Bethsada Games Studios are lazy writers.

By the time I find out Miranda is a clone of a man, well I not only know quite a bit of her backstory but by then the player has developed an emotional attachment to the story of Miranda Lawson!

43 minutes ago, Riggswolfe said:

The usual crowd can't help whining about "woke" even though they probably don't even know what the word means and would be hard pressed to say what exactly in the game other than a pronoun slider in character creation even qualifies. You just learn to tune it out after a while.

It's the way its presented in game thru bad writing /story telling. let me give an example. In the first city one of the UC quest wants you to solve a theft. The person whom you question alludes to the couple being gay (unnecessary info) and says "you can see where this is going."(also unnecessary info). When you finally question the suspect he tells you the ring was a gift and hes going to use it to pay for a trip. Ok case closed, but while I was questioning him there was the option to ask about him being gay. Why? What does him being gay have to do with possible theft? Him being gay has no implications to the quest.

A better way to show that it was a gay couple would have been for the other partner give you a quest to steal the ring back. While looking thru the apartment you find out that it was a gay couple thru scenic story telling.

A perfect example of a well written gay character is Mitch Downe from ParaNorman at least imho.

Not sure if I need spoilers since its one of the first quests you get.

A black Russian sounds very plausible to me. Immigration is a thing. The children of immigrants speak the language like a native, because they are born and raised in that country. Russia has been active throughout Africa, and many African's have emigrated to Russia. So naturally the children and grand children of these immigrants will speak with a Russian accent.

I am an immigrant in the country where I live right now, my children - all born in my new country, speak with the accent of my new country. I retain some of the accent of my country of birth.

People trying to make out some woke agenda is just bizarre because a black NPC speaks with a Russian accent.

Vor 38 Minuten sagte nIn nIn nIn:

Ein schwarzer Russe klingt für mich sehr plausibel. Einwanderung ist eine Sache. Die Kinder von Einwanderern sprechen die Sprache wie Einheimische, weil sie in diesem Land geboren und aufgewachsen sind. Russland war in ganz Afrika aktiv und viele Afrikaner sind nach Russland ausgewandert. Daher sprechen die Kinder und Enkel dieser Einwanderer natürlich mit russischem Akzent.

Ich bin ein Einwanderer in dem Land, in dem ich gerade lebe, meine Kinder – alle in meinem neuen Land geboren, sprechen mit dem Akzent meines neuen Landes. Ich behalte einen Teil des Akzents meines Geburtslandes.

Leute, die versuchen, eine aufgeweckte Agenda zu erkennen, sind einfach bizarr, weil ein schwarzer NPC mit russischem Akzent spricht.

Many Germans today speak with a Russian accent - they are either descendants of former German settlers who were brought to the empire of Tsarina Catherine, among others, and are now "returning" ... or "migrants" from the time of the Soviet Union or after its collapse from the successor states.

(they are the second largest group of immigrants after the "Mirgans" from Turkey ... who also often form closed "societies").

by the way - my aunt was born in Breslau (like my father) ... her husband was born in Moscow and they got married there. Her child - my cousin - was born and raised in Berlin.

My uncle was born in Moscow and is therefore officially "Russian" ... but his father was born in Poland (he even comes from a noble family known from history) and his mother from Estonia with historical roots in Sweden.

So a "black man" with a Russian accent is really nothing unusual for me ... but for others of my compatriots the "downfall of the West".

*sarcasm

48 minutes ago, nIn nIn nIn said:

A black Russian sounds very plausible to me. Immigration is a thing. The children of immigrants speak the language like a native, because they are born and raised in that country. Russia has been active throughout Africa, and many African's have emigrated to Russia. So naturally the children and grand children of these immigrants will speak with a Russian accent.

I am an immigrant in the country where I live right now, my children - all born in my new country, speak with the accent of my new country. I retain some of the accent of my country of birth.

People trying to make out some woke agenda is just bizarre because a black NPC speaks with a Russian accent.

So a super super ultra minority sounds plausible. Yeah of course it does for some "special" ppl.

11 hours ago, Gameplayer said:

Really the whole crazy thing is that the daughter has no idea that her dad is alive even, so there is no reason to believe that the dad would even press you on this detail, it is not a secret hand shake even. 

If I remember right, she was worried that the Council wold deny the request to access the archives based on the actions of her clone-father rather than her accomplishments or the gravity of the emerging crisis. Which did in fact come up in negotiations.

12 minutes ago, Mexicola88 said:

So a super super ultra minority sounds plausible. Yeah of course it does for some "special" ppl.

I'm no great fan of woke-for-woke's-sake, but I'd give this one a pass, honestly. There has been no Russia and no Africa in any meaningful sense for a couple of hundred years. What's left of humanity has been dumped into places like new Atlantis and Akila, and we can reasonably assume that a lot of cultural mixing has followed.

This is no worse to my mind than Larry Niven calling his hero Louis Gridley Wu to suggest a mix of Chinese, French and American heritage that absolutely no-one in the books found in any way remarkable. It's just a way of showing how cultures have mixed over time. Or that's how I look at it, anyway.

Vor 10 Minuten sagte DocClox:

Wenn ich mich recht erinnere, hatte sie Angst, dass der Rat den Antrag auf Zugang zu den Archiven aufgrund der Handlungen ihres Klonvaters und nicht aufgrund ihrer Leistungen oder der Schwere der aufkommenden Krise ablehnen würde. Was in den Verhandlungen tatsächlich zur Sprache kam.

Ich bin kein großer Fan von „Wake-for-wake's-sake“, aber ehrlich gesagt würde ich das hier versuchen. Seit ein paar hundert Jahren gibt es kein Russland und kein Afrika mehr in irgendeiner sinnvollen Hinsicht. Was von der Menschheit übrig geblieben ist, wurde an Orten wie dem neuen Atlantis und Akila abgeladen, und wir können vernünftigerweise davon ausgehen, dass es zu einer starken kulturellen Vermischung kam.

Meiner Meinung nach ist das nicht schlimmer, als dass Larry Niven seinen Helden Louis Gridley Wu nennt, um eine Mischung aus chinesischem, französischem und amerikanischem Erbe zu suggerieren, die absolut niemand in den Büchern in irgendeiner Weise bemerkenswert fand. Es ist nur eine Möglichkeit zu zeigen, wie sich Kulturen im Laufe der Zeit vermischt haben. Zumindest sehe ich es so.

Thank you for pointing out the Ringworld universe.

:classic_wub:

---

And then I jump straight into the next universe ... the world of "Honor Harrington" (I named my strongest ship in "Elite" after the "Salamander").

The star-nation in this space-opera for which she fights as an officer in the Space-Navy - corresponds to the good old earthly England of Earth.

Not for nothing do they have a constitutional mornachy with 2 chambers of parliament ... the elected "House of Commons" and the "House of Lords" filled with nobles ... and of course the current monarch is a -> "Elizabeth".

"Honor" herself is not from the main planet but from another nearby world - high gravity and effectively always "winter"

At the Navy Academy she finds out - that she is the only cadet among loud "blacks"!!!!

The solar radiation of Manticore is so intense - that the first settlers from ENGLNAD had decided - to increase the pigment content in their skin very strongly ... by a genetic procedure - quasi as a light-blooded European back to the African roots of the "immigrants" ... because when the "now" man came to Africa 20,000 years ago -> he was "black

2 hours ago, nIn nIn nIn said:

And usually two things are at play One: they don't know woke from broke. And Two: it's been stuffed in their head by the Parental units.

I posted a vid on how to level up your Starborn game+ Character and ship but I have to say if I have to play 11xs in a row to get leveled up I would probably choose Death First........:skull:   :cool: