Scubasuit Posted February 16, 2025 Posted February 16, 2025 (edited) Sorry to continue with this - I am actively troubleshooting and as it is with your stuff, thought I would post here. So, I downloaded a fresh version 5.6. I also made sure I have nothing, NOTHING that default-alters the body geometry pregnant or not, installed. I have some custom torso's like the buff and tiny waist one included in your set, but that's all. I didn't touch the nouveaunudist files, my game did not crash upon entering naked category, yey! But the problems with a) the non-functional torso that according to nraas packer is part of your default file b) no "normal" version of your higher pecs mesh for pregnant male sims persist. I took screenshots this time. My sim had the DR replacement torso on with the higher pecs pre-pregnant, I made them pregnant with cmar's pregnancy controller (this supposedly conflicts with passion, but eh, just using it in my CAS island photoshoot save), the torso shows up - but nowhere to be seen in CAS. (Ofc, they don't look pregnant in MC stylist) As you can see, my options in naked for pregnant sims include your two custom torso's, and some stuff that shouldn't be in naked. And of course the non-functioning one. To illustrate: Here I selected the buff torso, then I click on the normal one - note the white line surrounding it - no change. Still the buff torso. Then I went to sleepwear, to double check there. My choice in sleepwear is as follows: Also with the non-functioning torso, and no "normal" naked torso's to choose from for pregnant male sims, even though the torso CASP files of the"amBodyNude_default+penis" are enabled for maternity (or, in this case, paternity) Instead, I get the non-functioning torso in every section. When I enabled the nouveaunudist files for all categories, I had an extra torso with your reshaping, but alas, my game crashed within minutes. Instead I thought I was supposed to see these, but also when a sim is pregnant (this guy is just a bit chunky) (The vanilla naked torso and those with the necklaces, but with your augmentations when selected), or that is what I interpret from one of your earliest versions. I could try again with cmar's preg morph nude torso installed, but they get flagged as conflicting, plus I tried so earlier (importing cmar's nude preg morph torso into my merged file if your stuff so what's the same and conflicting gets overwritten, then importing your defaults again so what is then the same re-overwrites) and no normal, functioning torso was showing up, either. Edited February 16, 2025 by Scubasuit
Jvsmith Posted February 17, 2025 Author Posted February 17, 2025 1 hour ago, Scubasuit said: Sorry to continue with this - I am actively troubleshooting and as it is with your stuff, thought I would post here. So, I downloaded a fresh version 5.6. I also made sure I have nothing, NOTHING that default-alters the body geometry pregnant or not, installed. I have some custom torso's like the buff and tiny waist one included in your set, but that's all. I didn't touch the nouveaunudist files, my game did not crash upon entering naked category, yey! But the problems with a) the non-functional torso that according to nraas packer is part of your default file b) no "normal" version of your higher pecs mesh for pregnant male sims persist. I took screenshots this time. My sim had the DR replacement torso on with the higher pecs pre-pregnant, I made them pregnant with cmar's pregnancy controller (this supposedly conflicts with passion, but eh, just using it in my CAS island photoshoot save), the torso shows up - but nowhere to be seen in CAS. (Ofc, they don't look pregnant in MC stylist) As you can see, my options in naked for pregnant sims include your two custom torso's, and some stuff that shouldn't be in naked. And of course the non-functioning one. To illustrate: Here I selected the buff torso, then I click on the normal one - note the white line surrounding it - no change. Still the buff torso. Then I went to sleepwear, to double check there. My choice in sleepwear is as follows: Also with the non-functioning torso, and no "normal" naked torso's to choose from for pregnant male sims, even though the torso CASP files of the"amBodyNude_default+penis" are enabled for maternity (or, in this case, paternity) Instead, I get the non-functioning torso in every section. When I enabled the nouveaunudist files for all categories, I had an extra torso with your reshaping, but alas, my game crashed within minutes. Instead I thought I was supposed to see these, but also when a sim is pregnant (this guy is just a bit chunky) (The vanilla naked torso and those with the necklaces, but with your augmentations when selected), or that is what I interpret from one of your earliest versions. I could try again with cmar's preg morph nude torso installed, but they get flagged as conflicting, plus I tried so earlier (importing cmar's nude preg morph torso into my merged file if your stuff so what's the same and conflicting gets overwritten, then importing your defaults again so what is then the same re-overwrites) and no normal, functioning torso was showing up, either. From your screenshots it is clear that you are using Nraas_MasterController with the Compact Form CAS setting enabled. And also Cmar's XCAS. This is not the best combination. Turn off Compact Form. XCAS is very old and conflicts with many mods. Use NRaas_MasterControllerIntegration instead of XCAS. Do not use Cmar's pregnancy controller. This is also a very old mod. Nraas_MasterController and Nraas_WooHooer have all the tools needed for pregnancy. Do not use Cmar's meshes with mine. Of all the Cmar mods, you only need the male pregnancy clothing sets, as well as XCAS_TattooLocations and XCAS_TattoosForTeens, and possibly cmar_SkinTonePanel. No need to merge everything in a row, you will not understand later which versions of the mods are stored and where.
Scubasuit Posted February 17, 2025 Posted February 17, 2025 (edited) 2 hours ago, Jvsmith said: From your screenshots it is clear that you are using Nraas_MasterController with the Compact Form CAS setting enabled. And also Cmar's XCAS. This is not the best combination. Turn off Compact Form. XCAS is very old and conflicts with many mods. Use NRaas_MasterControllerIntegration instead of XCAS. Do not use Cmar's pregnancy controller. This is also a very old mod. Nraas_MasterController and Nraas_WooHooer have all the tools needed for pregnancy. Do not use Cmar's meshes with mine. Of all the Cmar mods, you only need the male pregnancy clothing sets, as well as XCAS_TattooLocations and XCAS_TattoosForTeens, and possibly cmar_SkinTonePanel. No need to merge everything in a row, you will not understand later which versions of the mods are stored and where. According to both nraas and the XCAS page on MTS, xcas and nraas are compatible; the slider amount for both is the same, and I really need xcas for naked category (going into MC stylist when they're in the shower or something is ridiculously glithy) and to make certain supernatural (werewolves) work well (the look I set for them only stays put when I change the look when they're proper naked category naked, in mc cas when naked there is not even the option to transform, so I cannot use that. If I do not set their transformed look when naked, they transform into a derpy ea look each time). I obviously have nraas integration. It's not my fault that nraas never made a proper separate naked category, if they did that I'd yeet XCAS right away but so be it. But for real, there is a whole xcas and nraas thread on the nraas forums, they can be combined well if you know what you are doing and I do. I only have cmar's pregnancy controller in this save, for controlling the size of the pregnant morph and not having to wait days for them to start showing, really only for photoshoots. I don't have it installed in my normal saves where I *also* have the random extra torso and such. I also don't have xcas merged, I keep those files separate - that is, 1.69corefull, tattoolocations (I do not have mc's tattoolocations then), tuningslidersnumber set the same as my nraas cas settings, tuningclothingnaked, tuningtattooadult. I also keep an unmerged version of everything, so yes, I do know what I have in my game. And *your* files are also it's own merged file; literally just called "jvsmithjan25", it is not merged with anything else except for doing my troubleshooting experiments, but I started fresh each time - I restarted my game about 10 times yesterday, I put a lot of work into this troubleshooting. I might do a try out with all the files unmerged tho, just to make sure there isn't anything getting effed up there, but I didn't notice anything overwriting each other/being deleted in the merged file. I do currently only have the normal pregmorph clothes by cmar installed. I only had the naked top installed briefly, during my troubleshooting of how the heck I get a normal naked torso to show up for a pregnant sim. After finding your bodymeshes I deleted passion mod and when reinstalling made sure to have all of cmar's stuff deleted, and download things like the pregnant clothes etc that were included in the file separately, as well as xcas. You did not actually answer my question regarding their being a non-functional top and no proper naked torso for pregnant male sims, tho. Nor did you comment on the messed up uv maps of the necklaced torso's. Honestly I am insulted you didn't even say a single "thanks for the heads up, i will look into this" considering the effort i put into this. Edited February 17, 2025 by Scubasuit
Jvsmith Posted February 17, 2025 Author Posted February 17, 2025 11 minutes ago, Scubasuit said: According to both nraas and the XCAS page on MTS, xcas and nraas are compatible; the slider amount for both is the same, and I really need xcas for naked category (going into MC stylist when they're in the shower or something is ridiculously glithy) and to make certain supernatural (werewolves) work well (the look I set for them only stays put when I change the look when they're proper naked category naked). I obviously have nraas integration. It's not my fault that nraas never made a proper separate naked category, if they did that I'd yeet XCAS right away but so be it. But for real, there is a whole xcas and nraas thread on the nraas forums, they can be combined well if you know what you are doing and I do. I only have cmar's pregnancy controller in this save, for controlling the size of the pregnant morph and not having to wait days for them to start showing, really only for photoshoots. I don't have it installed in my normal saves where I *also* have the random extra torso and such. I also don't have xcas merged, I keep those files separate - that is, 1.69corefull, tattoolocations (I do not have mc's tattoolocations then), tuningslidersnumber set the same as my nraas cas settings, tuningclothingnaked, tuningtattooadult. And *your* files are also it's own merged file; literally just called "jvsmithjan25", it is not merged with anything else except for doing my troubleshooting experiments, but I started fresh each time - I restarted my game about 10 times yesterday, I put a lot of work into this troubleshooting. I do currently only have the normal pregmorph clothes by cmar installed. I only had the naked top installed briefly, during my troubleshooting of how the heck I get a normal naked torso to show up for a pregnant sim. You did not actually answer my question regarding their being a non-functional top and no proper naked torso for pregnant male sims, tho. 1. XCAS and MasterControllerIntegration ARE NOT COMPATIBLE, no matter what anyone tells you. 2. Turn off the compact form of CAS. 3. If you don't listen to advice, it doesn't mean you weren't advised.
Scubasuit Posted February 17, 2025 Posted February 17, 2025 (edited) 9 minutes ago, Jvsmith said: 1. XCAS and MasterControllerIntegration ARE NOT COMPATIBLE, no matter what anyone tells you. 2. Turn off the compact form of CAS. 3. If you don't listen to advice, it doesn't mean you weren't advised. the people at nraas itself say they're compatible, what's a girl gotta do? I don't have any issues with the combo in general. All of my gadzillion sliders work and such. Literally the only problem I have right now is the spacewasting torso and no normal naked torso's for preg sims. Ok, i'll try without compact form, and if that doesn't work, also try without xcas installed. See you later. Edited February 17, 2025 by Scubasuit
Jvsmith Posted February 17, 2025 Author Posted February 17, 2025 (edited) «You did not actually answer my question regarding their being a non-functional top and no proper naked torso for pregnant male sims, tho. Nor did you comment on the messed up uv maps of the necklaced torso's. Honestly I am insulted you didn't even say a single "thanks for the heads up, i will look into this" considering the effort i put into this.» And let me answer you to this phrase of yours: Before writing such a thing, I advise you to read the rules of conduct on this site. I AM NOT OBLIGATED TO EXPLAIN ANYTHING TO YOU, I DO NOT OWE YOU ANYTHING. You came to visit me, you use my product absolutely free of charge and without compensation. No one forces you to use my mod, if you are not satisfied with it, you can easily refuse to use it. Instead, you have the audacity to tell me how I should communicate with you and demand gratitude for the fact that you deigned to write something to me. Edited February 17, 2025 by Jvsmith
Scubasuit Posted February 17, 2025 Posted February 17, 2025 Just now, Jvsmith said: And let me answer you to this phrase of yours: Before writing such a thing, I advise you to read the rules of conduct on this site. I AM NOT OBLIGATED TO EXPLAIN ANYTHING TO YOU, I DO NOT OWE YOU ANYTHING. You came to visit me, you use my product absolutely free of charge and without compensation. No one forces you to use my mod, if you are not satisfied with it, you can easily refuse to use it. Instead, you have the audacity to tell me how I should communicate with you and demand gratitude for the fact that you deigned to write something to me. Ok, I didn't have breakfast yet so I was grumpy. Still, it's pretty unsettling to be troubleshooting something and what you get back is an immediate "your (thoroughly tested) mods set-up is broken", you wouldn't like that either would you? I am going to test without compact mode and xcas. The problems might get solved, or not, I will see.
Scubasuit Posted February 17, 2025 Posted February 17, 2025 (edited) Ok, so. the non-functional torso does not show up when compact mode is disabled. I tested with both merged & unmerged, merged looking like this: (merged with s3pe, in which I checked if anything got deleted or overwritten when merging, was not the case. The "JVSMITHFEB17" files are the one I put in the game when testing merged, deleting unmerged of course. As I want to test all combo's, I still had xcas installed *here* (I also have pics without xcas) My whole overview of sleepcategory tops for my pregnant testsim: Ditto for naked, dysfunctional torso isn't there, yey! Same for non-pregnant sim. Still, no normal version of nude top and bottom anywhere to be found for the pregnant sim. Only the slim & athletic versions. Idc for the bottom since the difference is not too big, but it's annoying when trying to change the top around, as the custom torso's are rather extreme. Proof sim is pregnant: As I said, I had the right torso on them before they showed, but in the outfits I didn't, I can only change it to the slim & athletic torso's. So then I exited the game, and deleted xcas! As you see, no naked category, and still in not-compact mode. No normal torso's to be found. I exited stylist, changed them into naked with MC --> basic --> outfit, entered stylist when they're naked. Only the burnt torso. As this method of naked category has the exact same options as the everyday category, this burnt top shows up there. It works well, at least, but gosh, the loading with no compact mode for the whole everyday category... So I put compact mode on again. Once more, I do not have xcas installed atm, I deleted all of my xcas files... ...And with compact mode, the dysfunctional torso shows up again. In all three pics, I first clicked the top they have on & then also clicked the naked torso near it. Conclusion: 1) XCAS + compact, xcas + no compact, no xcas + no compact, no xcas + compact: never normal nude torso's and bottoms for pregnant male sims 2) The showing up of the dysfunctional torso whose instance code aligns with "am top nude" depends on compact mode, independent of whether xcas is installed or not. It shows up with compact mode enabled, not with it disabled. 3) No difference between whether the files are merged or not. Edited February 17, 2025 by Scubasuit
Jvsmith Posted February 17, 2025 Author Posted February 17, 2025 1 hour ago, Scubasuit said: Ok, so. the non-functional torso does not show up when compact mode is disabled. I tested with both merged & unmerged, merged looking like this: (merged with s3pe, in which I checked if anything got deleted or overwritten when merging, was not the case. The "JVSMITHFEB17" files are the one I put in the game when testing merged, deleting unmerged of course. As I want to test all combo's, I still had xcas installed *here* (I also have pics without xcas) My whole overview of sleepcategory tops for my pregnant testsim: Ditto for naked, dysfunctional torso isn't there, yey! Same for non-pregnant sim. Still, no normal version of nude top and bottom anywhere to be found for the pregnant sim. Only the slim & athletic versions. Idc for the bottom since the difference is not too big, but it's annoying when trying to change the top around, as the custom torso's are rather extreme. Proof sim is pregnant: As I said, I had the right torso on them before they showed, but in the outfits I didn't, I can only change it to the slim & athletic torso's. So then I exited the game, and deleted xcas! As you see, no naked category, and still in not-compact mode. No normal torso's to be found. I exited stylist, changed them into naked with MC --> basic --> outfit, entered stylist when they're naked. Only the burnt torso. As this method of naked category has the exact same options as the everyday category, this burnt top shows up there. It works well, at least, but gosh, the loading with no compact mode for the whole everyday category... So I put compact mode on again. Once more, I do not have xcas installed atm, I deleted all of my xcas files... ...And with compact mode, the dysfunctional torso shows up again. In all three pics, I first clicked the top they have on & then also clicked the naked torso near it. Conclusion: 1) XCAS + compact, xcas + no compact, no xcas + no compact, no xcas + compact: never normal nude torso's and bottoms for pregnant male sims 2) The showing up of the dysfunctional torso whose instance code aligns with "am top nude" depends on compact mode, independent of whether xcas is installed or not. It shows up with compact mode enabled, not with it disabled. 3) No difference between whether the files are merged or not. It seems you are a little mistaken in how the default body selection works. You can't change the default body without using third-party mods, such as KW or MasterController. The game always selects the type of clothing corresponding to the Sim's state, a Sim can have a special state of Singed (Burned, Electrocuted), Special (Pregnant) or Normal (All other states). Special states have attributes in the description of clothing (for example Singed, ValidForMaternity.) And some contradict each other in some cases (for example ValidForMaternity and IsRevealing). If your Sim is pregnant, you do not need to select any special naked body for him, the game simply uses the Special morph to display the belly, and turns on the maternity clothing selection filter, hiding everything else. All this behavior can be changed with the help of many mods, there are dozens of them. And each uses its own tool to override the mechanics of the game. One way is to rewrite all the clothing selection procedures inside the game code, as KW does. Another way: use custom CASP resources with other instances, different from the default, as Cmar did. When you write that my default torso with pregnancy does not work, but at the same time attach a screenshot with a male Sim with an obvious pregnant belly, it is strange, don't you think? In the standard game, male Sims in principle do not have a morph for pregnancy, and you would only see the head and feet of a pregnant man in the game. So I basically do not understand your complaint. What exactly do you not like? What exactly do you want to see instead of a belly? Non-default additional bodies are optional, if you do not like them, delete them, the file names with additional bodies have obvious names. If you don't see the body you need in the clothing list, then you clearly have some kind of mod conflict in the game, or the mods are configured incorrectly. I have no idea what exactly, I wrote you the most common reasons for incorrect CAS behavior. I can also advise you to delete resources with the CASP tag from the amBodyNude_default+Penis file, they are only needed there for compatibility with Cmar PregnantController, and experiment with the ClothingCategory attributes in CASP in the NouveauNudists file. Or, conversely, delete the same resources in NouveauNudists and experiment in amBodyNude_default+Penis. As far as I understand, you know how to use s3pe.
Scubasuit Posted February 17, 2025 Posted February 17, 2025 (edited) 1 hour ago, Jvsmith said: It seems you are a little mistaken in how the default body selection works. You can't change the default body without using third-party mods, such as KW or MasterController. The game always selects the type of clothing corresponding to the Sim's state, a Sim can have a special state of Singed (Burned, Electrocuted), Special (Pregnant) or Normal (All other states). Special states have attributes in the description of clothing (for example Singed, ValidForMaternity.) And some contradict each other in some cases (for example ValidForMaternity and IsRevealing). If your Sim is pregnant, you do not need to select any special naked body for him, the game simply uses the Special morph to display the belly, and turns on the maternity clothing selection filter, hiding everything else. All this behavior can be changed with the help of many mods, there are dozens of them. And each uses its own tool to override the mechanics of the game. One way is to rewrite all the clothing selection procedures inside the game code, as KW does. Another way: use custom CASP resources with other instances, different from the default, as Cmar did. When you write that my default torso with pregnancy does not work, but at the same time attach a screenshot with a male Sim with an obvious pregnant belly, it is strange, don't you think? In the standard game, male Sims in principle do not have a morph for pregnancy, and you would only see the head and feet of a pregnant man in the game. So I basically do not understand your complaint. What exactly do you not like? What exactly do you want to see instead of a belly? Non-default additional bodies are optional, if you do not like them, delete them, the file names with additional bodies have obvious names. If you don't see the body you need in the clothing list, then you clearly have some kind of mod conflict in the game, or the mods are configured incorrectly. I have no idea what exactly, I wrote you the most common reasons for incorrect CAS behavior. I can also advise you to delete resources with the CASP tag from the amBodyNude_default+Penis file, they are only needed there for compatibility with Cmar PregnantController, and experiment with the ClothingCategory attributes in CASP in the NouveauNudists file. Or, conversely, delete the same resources in NouveauNudists and experiment in amBodyNude_default+Penis. As far as I understand, you know how to use s3pe. What I was expecting to see is a normal naked torso that you can specifically select in CAS, like how you can select a t-shirt. You're right that the pregnant belly does show up, and this is only possible with either yours or cmar's pregnant naked torso default meshes, but this is only the case when the sim has a naked torso on before they start showing; I cannot specifically select it. For example: In sleepwear they wear a open kimono top when not-showing, that kimono is not maternity enabled, when they start to show they get put in a random compatible t-shirt. I want to change it to a bare torso in MC stylist, but I can't, as there is no basic bare torso available. In swimwear, they had a necklaced normal torso on before showing (well, your DR with the nipples), when they start showing, it changes into the pregnant version of that autimatically, but the swimwear bottoms they had on were non-maternity compatible, so I go into MC stylist to change those. I change the bottoms, want to get rid of the necklace-torso they had on before and use the denecklaced bare torso, but I can only select the buff & slim torso's, no normal torso. This is consistent between xcas, no xcas, compact mode, no compact mode. Not complaining about the slim and buff meshes btw, I use them on some sims, but here I was specifically looking for the "normal" one. ^Buff mesh Ok, so you're saying it is safe to delete these files (I only use cmar pregnancy controller in this photoshoot save) As for the clothing category tags of nouveaunudists, that I experienced with yesterday, but it very specifically caused my game to crash. After I cleaned the edited files out and replaced them back with the og, my game hasn't crashed again a single time, even going in & out of xcas naked category 20 times. There is zero difference in performance between having xcas in my game or not, I have never had any problems from having it together with nraas integration and the people at nraas keep saying it is fine, with also other people exclaiming they have both issue-free, and my concerns where still there without xcas. The problems are just related to your files. What I did specifically is enable these for naked, sleepwear etc Or do you specifically mean this; option 1) Delete the casp resources from your default file, enable the nouveaunudist files for more categories OR option 2) delete the e.g. adult male casp files from nouveaunudists, make sure everything is enabled for the right categories in the amBodyNude_default+Penis casp files. Btw, I have heard from a friend they also have the "does nothing torso problem/torso does not change" with e.g. the female teen naked torso, he is using the original CMAR files and not yours. So it is something consistent with naked torso default replacements when in compact mode. As I think you initially used CMAR's set up as a base, this might be a bug that got brought over from the CMAR naked meshes. Edited February 17, 2025 by Scubasuit
Jvsmith Posted February 17, 2025 Author Posted February 17, 2025 14 minutes ago, Scubasuit said: What I was expecting to see is a normal naked torso that you can specifically select in CAS, like how you can select a t-shirt. You're right that the pregnant belly does show up, and this is only possible with either yours or cmar's pregnant naked torso default meshes, but this is only the case when the sim has a naked torso on before they start showing; I cannot specifically select it. For example: In sleepwear they wear a open kimono top when not-showing, that kimono is not maternity enabled, when they start to show they get put in a random compatible t-shirt. I want to change it to a bare torso in MC stylist, but I can't, as there is no basic bare torso available. Not complaining about the slim and buff meshes btw, I use them on some sims, but here I was specifically looking for the "normal" one. ^Buff mesh Ok, so you're saying it is safe to delete these files (I only use cmar pregnancy controller in this photoshoot save) As for the clothing category tags of nouveaunudists, that I experienced with yesterday, but it very specifically caused my game to crash. After I cleaned the edited files out and replaced them back with the og, my game hasn't crashed again a single time, even going in & out of xcas naked category 20 times. There is zero difference in performance between having xcas in my game or not, I have never had any problems from having it together with nraas integration and the people at nraas keep saying it is fine, with also other people exclaiming they have both issue-free, and my concerns where still there without xcas. The problems are just related to your files. I have heard from a friend they also have the "does nothing torso problem" with e.g. the female teen naked torso, he is using the original CMAR files and not yours. So it is something consistent with naked torso default replacements when in compact mode. What I did specifically is enable these for naked, sleepwear etc Or do you specifically mean this; option 1) Delete the casp resources from your default file, enable the nouveaunudist files for more categories OR option 2) delete the e.g. adult male casp files from nouveaunudists, make sure everything is enabled for the right categories in the amBodyNude_default+Penis casp files. Your game probably crashed because you edited Nudists without removing Casp from the default file, they have different instances, but refer to the same meshes and morphs. That is why they have a different set of attributes, so that they do not intersect in the game and to maintain compatibility with Cmar mods XCAS and PregnancyController. I cannot guarantee full compatibility of absolutely all mods in the world. It is simply impossible. Something has to be sacrificed. Especially in cases when users do not want to listen to the voice of reason. I am telling you with 100% certainty that MasterControllerIntegration and XCAS are incompatible, but you continue to stand your ground and do not believe that they are trying to call the same game modules at the same time and are trying to simultaneously change their contents in different directions. Moreover, you provide links in justification that say nothing specifically about the integration module. Read this thread carefully, I never said that the main MasterController module itself is incompatible with anything, it is compatible with almost everything in the world, because it is not a core mod, unlike XCAS. Remove CASP from the default file and add the necessary attributes to Nudists. Do not use MasterControllerIntegration together with XCAS. In the next release, I will disable compatibility with PregnancyController. This should solve your problem forever.
Scubasuit Posted February 17, 2025 Posted February 17, 2025 (edited) 42 minutes ago, Jvsmith said: Your game probably crashed because you edited Nudists without removing Casp from the default file, they have different instances, but refer to the same meshes and morphs. That is why they have a different set of attributes, so that they do not intersect in the game and to maintain compatibility with Cmar mods XCAS and PregnancyController. I cannot guarantee full compatibility of absolutely all mods in the world. It is simply impossible. Something has to be sacrificed. Especially in cases when users do not want to listen to the voice of reason. I am telling you with 100% certainty that MasterControllerIntegration and XCAS are incompatible, but you continue to stand your ground and do not believe that they are trying to call the same game modules at the same time and are trying to simultaneously change their contents in different directions. Moreover, you provide links in justification that say nothing specifically about the integration module. Read this thread carefully, I never said that the main MasterController module itself is incompatible with anything, it is compatible with almost everything in the world, because it is not a core mod, unlike XCAS. Remove CASP from the default file and add the necessary attributes to Nudists. Do not use MasterControllerIntegration together with XCAS. In the next release, I will disable compatibility with PregnancyController. This should solve your problem forever. Because I try to do right and preserve the health of my game, I asked again over on the NRAAS forums whether Nraas integration specifically (I really emphasized this) and XCAS are compatible, and got a big tired "once again, yes" from chain-reaction. As I do not experience problems with it specifically - as I said, things not showing and the like and the dysfunctional torso still happen with XCAS removed - I am going to keep it, as I got the OK for it from both nraas and my own game's functioning. I also removed pregnancycontroller in my last test with no change in CAS' functioning. I do also hear from people it does specifically not mingle well for them though, it seems to be very "your mileage may vary". But if the people at nraas keep saying, even when specifically asking about integration, that they can go together, I don't see why I would get rid of it as I do not have any issues, and ditto for many others. Let's just agree to disagree on that. This is an extremely pesky game and what works for one person, does not for another, all the time. The wonders of sims 3... I just did what you suggested: deleting the CASP files from the am default file, and giving the nouveaunudists file the right attributes, and, FINALLY! - No non-functioning torso in compact mode - a Functioning normal bare torso for pregnant sims In case it wouldn't work, I had already extracted your geom's from the default file and essentially made a non-default version of the DR, with slight edits. ( less extreme pecs in athletic, slightly rounder belly in the preg morph, slightly more rounded pecs in non-athletic and thin), so I had two torso's I could specifically click on now, yes (top one with the grey cargo's in the thumb is my edit, bottom is yours. This sim is max fitness and the pecs are less extreme) I closed the game, and added XCAS back in, started again - no difference regarding glitchy things. I know I might be risking things having it, and I swear, I literally only have it for the proper naked category. I am a storyteller with plenty of smutty scenes and the ability to properly set my sim's naked outfits beforehand, and multiple of them (pure naked, one with a fancy jockstrap and jewellery, and so forth) is really important for me. The giving my sims a new outfit in the shower trick often glitches out. It *does* work for me, I never get any crashing or glitching or errors having both unless something else is acting up, and in the end, my issues with your stuff had nothing to do with whether I have it or not. All along I just had to do the editing to the casp files all solved. Thank you for your patience. Edited February 17, 2025 by Scubasuit 1
Loveternity Posted February 17, 2025 Posted February 17, 2025 @Scubasuit I'm glad you finally managed to sort it out, I hadn't posted before because this is a bit too advanced for me but I was interested. I wonder if the disagreement with @Jvsmith is just a matter of technicalities; looking at the NRaas page and the MTS one makes me think that XCAS and MC do technically conflict, but one can get around that by making sure the slider values (and anything else they'd both be trying to change) match so the conflict doesn't matter in theory at least. I could be wrong of course, I'm always learning stuff. Personally I get by without XCAS and as mentioned I "abuse" showers when needed.
Scubasuit Posted February 17, 2025 Posted February 17, 2025 3 minutes ago, Loveternity said: @Scubasuit I'm glad you finally managed to sort it out, I hadn't posted before because this is a bit too advanced for me but I was interested. I wonder if the disagreement with @Jvsmith is just a matter of technicalities; looking at the NRaas page and the MTS one makes me think that XCAS and MC do technically conflict, but one can get around that by making sure the slider values (and anything else they'd both be trying to change) match so the conflict doesn't matter in theory at least. I could be wrong of course, I'm always learning stuff. Personally I get by without XCAS and as mentioned I "abuse" showers when needed. I also use the naked category for a specific werewolf bug that the people at nraas swear hybrid fixes, but I troubleshooted half of my current werewolf's life and had hybrid all along. 9 out of 10 times, he transformed into a derpy EA form, the nice werewolf look (handsome-scary with a furlike skin by moonskin93) didn't stick. It only stuck when setting the form in the naked outfit, as it isn't connected to clothes then. As the sim can't even transform when getting into MC CAS when they're naked from showering, that doesn't work. I could get by using the shower trick maybe, but for god's sake, I do not want derpy EA werewolves! 1
Jvsmith Posted February 17, 2025 Author Posted February 17, 2025 10 minutes ago, Loveternity said: @Scubasuit I'm glad you finally managed to sort it out, I hadn't posted before because this is a bit too advanced for me but I was interested. I wonder if the disagreement with @Jvsmith is just a matter of technicalities; looking at the NRaas page and the MTS one makes me think that XCAS and MC do technically conflict, but one can get around that by making sure the slider values (and anything else they'd both be trying to change) match so the conflict doesn't matter in theory at least. I could be wrong of course, I'm always learning stuff. Personally I get by without XCAS and as mentioned I "abuse" showers when needed. It is not necessary to go to the shower at all. Use MasterController, it allows you to change the outfit on the fly during any action without spinning and without interrupting the current interaction. KW also adds a menu item for instant nudity, but without choosing a different naked outfit. 1
Jvsmith Posted February 17, 2025 Author Posted February 17, 2025 1 hour ago, Scubasuit said: Because I try to do right and preserve the health of my game, I asked again over on the NRAAS forums whether Nraas integration specifically (I really emphasized this) and XCAS are compatible, and got a big tired "once again, yes" from chain-reaction. As I do not experience problems with it specifically - as I said, things not showing and the like and the dysfunctional torso still happen with XCAS removed - I am going to keep it, as I got the OK for it from both nraas and my own game's functioning. I also removed pregnancycontroller in my last test with no change in CAS' functioning. I do also hear from people it does specifically not mingle well for them though, it seems to be very "your mileage may vary". But if the people at nraas keep saying, even when specifically asking about integration, that they can go together, I don't see why I would get rid of it as I do not have any issues, and ditto for many others. Let's just agree to disagree on that. This is an extremely pesky game and what works for one person, does not for another, all the time. The wonders of sims 3... I just did what you suggested: deleting the CASP files from the am default file, and giving the nouveaunudists file the right attributes, and, FINALLY! - No non-functioning torso in compact mode - a Functioning normal bare torso for pregnant sims In case it wouldn't work, I had already extracted your geom's from the default file and essentially made a non-default version of the DR, with slight edits. ( less extreme pecs in athletic, slightly rounder belly in the preg morph, slightly more rounded pecs in non-athletic and thin), so I had two torso's I could specifically click on now, yes (top one with the grey cargo's in the thumb is my edit, bottom is yours. This sim is max fitness and the pecs are less extreme) I closed the game, and added XCAS back in, started again - no difference regarding glitchy things. I know I might be risking things having it, and I swear, I literally only have it for the proper naked category. I am a storyteller with plenty of smutty scenes and the ability to properly set my sim's naked outfits beforehand, and multiple of them (pure naked, one with a fancy jockstrap and jewellery, and so forth) is really important for me. The giving my sims a new outfit in the shower trick often glitches out. It *does* work for me, I never get any crashing or glitching or errors having both unless something else is acting up, and in the end, my issues with your stuff had nothing to do with whether I have it or not. All along I just had to do the editing to the casp files all solved. Thank you for your patience. By the way, I fully approve and welcome the use of any parts of my mod for any other people's work. I think you can easily fix the UV maps for the neck chains yourself. Especially since I don't like them at all, it's a stupid idea by EA to use separate top meshes for them, given that there is an accessory category for neck decorations. I added them only at someone's request. If I could, I would completely destroy them in the game, they are redundant and unnecessary.
Scubasuit Posted February 17, 2025 Posted February 17, 2025 (edited) 33 minutes ago, Jvsmith said: It is not necessary to go to the shower at all. Use MasterController, it allows you to change the outfit on the fly during any action without spinning and without interrupting the current interaction. KW also adds a menu item for instant nudity, but without choosing a different naked outfit. oh yes, ofc. I often change my sim's outfits to naked on the fly, but to then change it still requires the odd "going into cas/stylist and then being in the overfilled sorta glitchy everyday-as-naked" category, which I find overwhelming and a lot of the time it glitches out. Again, mileage varies, the combo of integration and xcas works totally fine for me, I will likely get rid of it the moment i have done everything with werewolves and just...tolerate... the other method because I feel self-conscious about having a mod that can't be properly updated anymore as the great CMAR is dead. But for now, it all works fine & does the job. 7 minutes ago, Jvsmith said: By the way, I fully approve and welcome the use of any parts of my mod for any other people's work. I think you can easily fix the UV maps for the neck chains yourself. Especially since I don't like them at all, it's a stupid idea by EA to use separate top meshes for them, given that there is an accessory category for neck decorations. I added them only at someone's request. If I could, I would completely destroy them in the game, they are redundant and unnecessary. I was going to include the non-DR version of your torso I made into a download of mine. (a accessory or bottom-only bodysuit that can be combined with different bulge meshes that I edited myself and custom torso's, I wanted to make sure there is a conflict-free preg morph torso available no matter someone's mod set-up) so thank you for this, now I feel ok about it lol. Edited February 17, 2025 by Scubasuit
Jvsmith Posted February 18, 2025 Author Posted February 18, 2025 5 hours ago, Scubasuit said: I was going to include the non-DR version of your torso I made into a download of mine. (a accessory or bottom-only bodysuit that can be combined with different bulge meshes that I edited myself and custom torso's, I wanted to make sure there is a conflict-free preg morph torso available no matter someone's mod set-up) so thank you for this, now I feel ok about it lol. For a clearer understanding of the morph mechanics: Non-default meshes with the correct pregnant mesh work without problems with any combination of mods, but they are not selected automatically for a pregnant sim, or when partially undressed, and do not affect NPCs, they must be assigned only manually. The problem with default meshes is that they must be more or less compatible with all clothing and with most popular mods. So you can make a non-default mesh calmly, without fear of conflicts. You can take my morph meshes not packed in BGEO as a basis. The main compatibility condition for non-default clothing and bodies: do not change the number, coordinates, bones, and UV of those vertices that are at the junctions of different parts of the body. Otherwise, you will get gaps on the body that may not even be visible in your 3D program, but will definitely be visible in the game.
Jvsmith Posted February 18, 2025 Author Posted February 18, 2025 6 hours ago, Jvsmith said: By the way, I fully approve and welcome the use of any parts of my mod for any other people's work. I think you can easily fix the UV maps for the neck chains yourself. Especially since I don't like them at all, it's a stupid idea by EA to use separate top meshes for them, given that there is an accessory category for neck decorations. I added them only at someone's request. If I could, I would completely destroy them in the game, they are redundant and unnecessary. Ho Ho, I figured out how to move neсklaсes from clothes to accessories! Stay tuned for updates. 1
Melty1896 Posted February 18, 2025 Posted February 18, 2025 (edited) @Jvsmith Thank you for this mod. I'm having an issue with the nipple textures not rendering properly. I don't have any other body mods except yours, I've tried placing the folders with packages and overrides (screenshot below). Could you please tell me what might be going wrong? This is my folder structure btw: EDIT : Disregard, I went through the older posts and realized you haven't bundled any skin textures with this. Edited February 18, 2025 by Melty1896
Scubasuit Posted February 18, 2025 Posted February 18, 2025 14 hours ago, Jvsmith said: For a clearer understanding of the morph mechanics: Non-default meshes with the correct pregnant mesh work without problems with any combination of mods, but they are not selected automatically for a pregnant sim, or when partially undressed, and do not affect NPCs, they must be assigned only manually. The problem with default meshes is that they must be more or less compatible with all clothing and with most popular mods. So you can make a non-default mesh calmly, without fear of conflicts. You can take my morph meshes not packed in BGEO as a basis. The main compatibility condition for non-default clothing and bodies: do not change the number, coordinates, bones, and UV of those vertices that are at the junctions of different parts of the body. Otherwise, you will get gaps on the body that may not even be visible in your 3D program, but will definitely be visible in the game. Don't worry, I know all of this! I uploaded my bodysuit and included a non-default torso mesh based on yours, about which I wrote: "I also include a non- Default replacement, ever so slightly edited (less extreme pecs in the fit morph and nicer pecs in the thin & base, more manboob in pregmorph) version of the JVSmith enhanced bodies torso over on Loverslab. All credits go to him, this is just to ensure there is a conflict-free, separate, pregnancy-proof torso available to handpick no matter your personal mod set-up." 1
~Hela~ Posted February 20, 2025 Posted February 20, 2025 Do you have 5.1 version somewhere? I had this before and everything was okay. I installed newest version and my game suddenly become very laggy. Like what a hell...
Loveternity Posted February 20, 2025 Posted February 20, 2025 (edited) 1 hour ago, ~Hela~ said: Do you have 5.1 version somewhere? I had this before and everything was okay. I installed newest version and my game suddenly become very laggy. Like what a hell... The changelog mentions this: Quote Update in version 5.2: 1. Added a new non-default adult female body, maybe someone will like it. 2. Minor corrections. 3. The package now includes my version of normal maps from Buhudain, they are hard to find on the Internet now. Warning: They are in 4K resolution, not for owners of weak computers. So I'm guessing it's the 4k normal maps causing your lag. Try replacing the buhudain.package with 1k or 2k textures instead. Edit: Just to help you out, here is a folder of buhudain's original work. And there's also the hyperreal edit if you prefer that. Edited February 20, 2025 by Loveternity Included links 2
~Hela~ Posted February 23, 2025 Posted February 23, 2025 On 2/20/2025 at 8:07 PM, Loveternity said: The changelog mentions this: So I'm guessing it's the 4k normal maps causing your lag. Try replacing the buhudain.package with 1k or 2k textures instead. Edit: Just to help you out, here is a folder of buhudain's original work. And there's also the hyperreal edit if you prefer that. Thanks I will try :)
naeho3 Posted February 23, 2025 Posted February 23, 2025 (edited) hi! having issues with the sliders. the last sliders in mouth category aren't working (assuming there are too many), and my Nraas MC settings allow up to 200. i dont have any cmar mod because ive heard about potential issues with nraas MC. what is up? i cant seem to make this work Edited February 23, 2025 by naeho3
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now