Captured Dreams - Restored June 23 2023

On 6/27/2023 at 4:23 PM, Veladarius said:

I hit a major issues in Property slave when doing the 'Retrieve a Pcakage' quest, when the scene in the basement was over you were not moved back to the barracks and it basically sat there with no way to advance it. As I remember this was something that should have been fixed in v4.16 which was going through final testing (4th release candidate was ready). I am going to update it to DD v4 (quick and dirty edit for testing as I did with the current release) and see if it smoothes out some of the issues. Honestly though, I have no clue what changes were made, don't remember and documentation on the changes was wiped long ago.

I have encountered the same problem just right now. Is there any way to continue or any console commands to be able to do whatever comes next?

1 hour ago, recroid366 said:

I have never played this mod, really looking forward to it but I am playing SE, I have all the Se files but it wants me download the DDe CD patch, And I cant find that, May I get some help

Devious Devices comes with a CD patch ( DD - BRRF_Patch - Captured Dreams.esp ). Check your plugin list and if it's not there, just reinstall Devious Devices SE.

15 minutes ago, Kaonashi 顔無し said:

Devious Devices comes with a CD patch ( DD - BRRF_Patch - Captured Dreams.esp ). Check your plugin list and if it's not there, just reinstall Devious Devices SE.

I just reinstalled it and it still isnt there

1 hour ago, recroid366 said:

I have never played this mod, really looking forward to it but I am playing SE, I have all the Se files but it wants me download the DDe CD patch, And I cant find that, May I get some help

Thats referring to Devious Devices Equip, which is a FOMOD now so uninstall and reinstall that, and the FOMOD will detect that you have CD now and will offer to install that patch.

Unfortunately, the mod has some problems.

1) The game frequently freezes around the shop
2) Enabling/disabling player controls is wonky - for example in property slave the dialogue with Markus that ends the day disables player control and the PC just can't move
3) Because of problems with player controls (or at least I assume this is the cause) some animations don't work (like sweeping, wood chopping)
4) If the control has been manually enabled, the end of tasks dialogue does not end properly (Markus doesn't let PC go to her room)
5) In wood chopping job, sometimes PC cannot leave the firewood on the pile

I have encountered an issue with the Embassy quest. When The PC is supposed to "Entertain" the guards everything goes fine then they just randomly start attacking then it breaks everything and I have to restart, Anyone else have this issue? Or is there workaround I can do 

9 hours ago, recroid366 said:

I have encountered an issue with the Embassy quest. When The PC is supposed to "Entertain" the guards everything goes fine then they just randomly start attacking then it breaks everything and I have to restart, Anyone else have this issue? Or is there workaround I can do 

Thanks for reporting - I had the same issue. PC is led into the guards room, undresses, does the silly Cicero dance, and is fucked by two guards. Sometime in the middle of the animation, the other four guards start attacking with magic an swords, but are non aggressive once the SL animations ends.

And that's it. Normally it helps using the wait function to advance, but here nothing helps. I reverted to an earlier save an unticked the quest in the MCM.

Hello, I think I've encountered a bug. I went into debt to get some devices off and Master put the belt and collar on as usual. But when I fully paid off the debt, she didn't remove those devices and refuses to do so when I ask her. Is there something I'm missing or is there a work around for this?

On 7/11/2023 at 12:54 AM, CaptainJ03 said:

Thanks for reporting - I had the same issue. PC is led into the guards room, undresses, does the silly Cicero dance, and is fucked by two guards. Sometime in the middle of the animation, the other four guards start attacking with magic an swords, but are non aggressive once the SL animations ends.

And that's it. Normally it helps using the wait function to advance, but here nothing helps. I reverted to an earlier save an unticked the quest in the MCM.

I did fix this, You can disable Ai detection by typing "tdetect" in the console, but still if there is a permanent fix, Id love to know it, 

On 7/4/2023 at 11:39 AM, Veladarius said:

I am not sure what changes were made to SE, I have only used LE and I didn't convert CD for SE myself.

At this point, kimy was able to incorporate everything SE needs into the LE scripts. So there are no script differences between LE and SE. (And i am so happy to not have to do that anymore, ty kimy!)

What I've done for the SE conversion is included an updated DLL so it works with SE's and AE's SKSE versions, converted the CBBE outfits to CBBE SE and 3BA (UNP is the same), converted the animations to SE, and written new XMLs for the heretic chains so they work with HDT SMP instead of HDT PE, and converted the meshes and textures to SE. 

When I converted CD years back for my own use, I didn't do any edits and it mostly worked. Conversion can be done with Cathedral Assets Optimizer to convert the meshes, textures and animations to SE. The only problem I remember is the mcm function to check for other mods just hangs forever and never returns the list of compatible mods.

I did not comb through your scripts last time i used them, but if you have anything that checks for Racemenu or jcontainers, those would need to be updated to recognize the new versions. Racemenu additionally changed the DLL plugin, so you would need a check for skee in addition to nioverride. 

Example of what is used in DD 5.2 for the racemenu check for LE and SE:

Spoiler

zadSlaveBootsScript.psc

int Function OnEquippedFilter(actor akActor, bool silent=false)
    if SKSE.GetPluginVersion("NiOverride") < 5 && SKSE.GetPluginVersion("skee") < 1 || NiOverride.GetScriptVersion() < 5
            libs.NotifyPlayer("This device ("+deviceName+") requires NetImmerse Override, which you do not have installed.", true)
        return 2
    EndIf
    return 0
EndFunction

On 7/15/2023 at 7:59 PM, zarantha said:

At this point, kimy was able to incorporate everything SE needs into the LE scripts. So there are no script differences between LE and SE. (And i am so happy to not have to do that anymore, ty kimy!)

What I've done for the SE conversion is included an updated DLL so it works with SE's and AE's SKSE versions, converted the CBBE outfits to CBBE SE and 3BA (UNP is the same), converted the animations to SE, and written new XMLs for the heretic chains so they work with HDT SMP instead of HDT PE, and converted the meshes and textures to SE. 

When I converted CD years back for my own use, I didn't do any edits and it mostly worked. Conversion can be done with Cathedral Assets Optimizer to convert the meshes, textures and animations to SE. The only problem I remember is the mcm function to check for other mods just hangs forever and never returns the list of compatible mods.

I did not comb through your scripts last time i used them, but if you have anything that checks for Racemenu or jcontainers, those would need to be updated to recognize the new versions. Racemenu additionally changed the DLL plugin, so you would need a check for skee in addition to nioverride. 

Example of what is used in DD 5.2 for the racemenu check for LE and SE:

Reveal hidden contents

I don't do anything with Racemenu or jcontainers, most of that is beyond my abilities and I don't use racemenu anyway (I still use ECE, just personal preference). Only thing I can think of for the scripts that check for other mods is it may be an SKSE command, don't really remember and have not gotten around to even loading them in my tests. As for the custom outfits I have not changed them in any way from how they used to be (I suck at converting things in Bodyslide and the only tutorial I found that explained things simple enough for me is now missing the example images so I'm SOL).

On 7/10/2023 at 1:09 AM, kapibar said:

Unfortunately, the mod has some problems.

1) The game frequently freezes around the shop
2) Enabling/disabling player controls is wonky - for example in property slave the dialogue with Markus that ends the day disables player control and the PC just can't move
3) Because of problems with player controls (or at least I assume this is the cause) some animations don't work (like sweeping, wood chopping)
4) If the control has been manually enabled, the end of tasks dialogue does not end properly (Markus doesn't let PC go to her room)
5) In wood chopping job, sometimes PC cannot leave the firewood on the pile

1- I have had some issues around the shop, seems to be related to some of the lighting from what I can tell (I'm playing at 4K resolution with enb and custom settings around ultra). Skyrim has always had issues with lights that cast shadows as the number that can be rendered at once are very limited.

2- It may be stuck in an animation, sometimes even disabling controls won't interrupt the animation but you can try resetting the player idle after enabling the controls.

3 & 4- The 4.16 version I am working on has a number of changes to how Manor Slave works but parts are incomplete, is what I'm trying to sort out now.

5- Likely the activator was not swapped out with the static pile, had some issues with that myself but I think I have it fixed.

On 7/11/2023 at 2:21 PM, Kimy said:

Bit late to the party, but:

Welcome back! Great to see your mod back up! :)

Thanks! Going to take a bit to catch up with things and I'm slowly remembering things (particularly how my mod even works).

I am looking to make adjustments to CD slavery to allow other slavery mods to capture and sell CD player slaves back to Master (Simple Slavery would be the easiest route but others would work as well). These are the outcomes based on what sort of slave the player is:

1) If the player is trying to work off their debt it would be increased which could end up with them in the Property Slave portion.

2) If the player was a Property Slave then whatever quest they were doing would be a failure and they would likely be moved to a lesser task than currently assigned. While this would not lead directly to the 'Bad End' or removed from the Manor Slave portion it certainly would slow their progress towards the end.

3) If the player is a Relationship Slave they would likely be punished and have some restrictions placed on them.

4) If the player is the slave of their spouse they would be restricted and punished in some way.

Since slavery mods generally don't bother CD player slaves I think this would bring back an element of danger again that these other mods bring. I don't think it would be an issue if these mods made use of the player for a little while either such as SD+ Masters keeping the player for a few days for their use before ransoming them back.

19 hours ago, Veladarius said:

I am looking to make adjustments to CD slavery to allow other slavery mods to capture and sell CD player slaves back to Master (Simple Slavery would be the easiest route but others would work as well). These are the outcomes based on what sort of slave the player is:

1) If the player is trying to work off their debt it would be increased which could end up with them in the Property Slave portion.

2) If the player was a Property Slave then whatever quest they were doing would be a failure and they would likely be moved to a lesser task than currently assigned. While this would not lead directly to the 'Bad End' or removed from the Manor Slave portion it certainly would slow their progress towards the end.

3) If the player is a Relationship Slave they would likely be punished and have some restrictions placed on them.

4) If the player is the slave of their spouse they would be restricted and punished in some way.

Since slavery mods generally don't bother CD player slaves I think this would bring back an element of danger again that these other mods bring. I don't think it would be an issue if these mods made use of the player for a little while either such as SD+ Masters keeping the player for a few days for their use before ransoming them back.

You forget SexSlave. You know this is what this site is all about. Sexlab etc... Your mod needs more sex content over the rough slavery content. Thank you for your hard work and welcome back.

Edited by BigOnes69
4 hours ago, BigOnes69 said:

You forget SexSlave. You know this is what this site is all about. Sexlab etc... Your mod needs more sex content over the rough slavery content. Thank you for your hard work and welcome back.

Misbehave when doing the mining roll and that's exactly what you'll get .. although the idea of becoming a sexslave could also be a good addition. But, for me, the slavery content is the more interesting part of this mod.