Captured Dreams - Restored June 23 2023

5 hours ago, powergame214 said:

THANK YOU for bringing this great mod back after the original maker found religion or whatever that caused them to not only quit working on it but pull it from pretty much every source it was available.

Mod authors have real lives that sometimes involve serious life issues. Ā Veladrius (who, as @CaptainJ03 mentioned, is the original author) was surprisingly forthcoming about personal struggles and posted at length about that and the difficult decision to remove the version of Captured Dreams that had been available.

Ā 

That post should still be around if you're interested (actually, it's here), but it's disrespectful to speak dismissively of a mod author's painful decision resulting from personal difficulties as "religion or whatever". Ā We enjoy mods like this one for free, without any entitlement, and it's best to be understanding and accepting of an author's choices.Ā  If you take a few minutes to read that post, it may well change your opinion of what transpired.

Ā 

Veladrius, thank you for bringing Captured Dreams back.

Edited by HexBolt8

My apologies. I was insensitive and you are correct. Mod writers do this as labors of love. If you no longer wish to deal with your creation I understand abandoning or even destroying it. Still I am glad CD is back. Now about the crash issues entering the building? Any thoughts on what could be causing it?

Ā 

Hi am having some issue understanding the installation steps for the Se version:

Ā 

Full Install:
V4.15
Required
Install Part 1
Install Part 2 (whichever resolution you chose)

New ESP file
Optional (as needed)
Install Part 3
Install Part 4
Unzip and install whatever files you need of Part 5

Ā 

So i downloaded the files:
Captured Dreams v4.15 SSE Part 1.7z

Captured Dreams v4.15 SSE Part 2 (2048k).7z

Captured Dreams V4.15 SSE Part 3 - Catsuit Mesh and Bodyslide data(UNPB).7z

Captured Dreams v4.15 SSE Part 5 - Misc Optional files.7z

CD device removal DDv4 update v2.7z

Ā 

First what do you mean by "New ESP file" is it this oneĀ Captured Dreams.esp

Ā 

Second I cannot find the part 4 file.

Ā 

Thanks and sorry if its something silly i missed.

Ā 

Ā 

5 hours ago, temnui said:

In MCM menu I see keys instead of text values, I believe it`s something with installation, but what?

If you are seeing things like $CDS_PLAYERINFO rather than text, you might be missing a translations file for your language.Ā  Reinstalling might fix this.Ā  If not, the translations files are in Data\interface\Translations.Ā  CopyĀ Captured Dreams_ENGLISH.TXT and rename for your language (such asĀ Captured Dreams_GERMAN.TXT).Ā  The text will be English, but you might be able to run it through a translator.Ā  At least you will have more to work with than the $CDS tags.

On 10/26/2023 at 9:32 PM, HexBolt8 said:

If you are seeing things like $CDS_PLAYERINFO rather than text, you might be missing a translations file for your language.Ā  Reinstalling might fix this.Ā  If not, the translations files are in Data\interface\Translations.Ā  CopyĀ Captured Dreams_ENGLISH.TXT and rename for your language (such asĀ Captured Dreams_GERMAN.TXT).Ā  The text will be English, but you might be able to run it through a translator.Ā  At least you will have more to work with than the $CDS tags.

Ā 

Thanks! It worked for me, I believe it`s because some lines in the file were missing $ at the beginning. So replacing my localization file with English fixed this issue.

1) As someone above asked - what does difficulty change other than "difficulty"? Time allowed on deliver quest? Punishment duration? Higher/lower qouta?

Ā 

2) Completed manor questline and agreed to be a slave. Got a belt, collar and ring to remove belt - Can I advance any further doing jobs for master and eventually remove that collar and belt entirely?

Ā 

Thanks

Is there already any workaround (console command, for example) for the issue about the slavery mentioned in the second post?

On 6/23/2023 at 9:27 PM, Veladarius said:

Slavery start - during the start of the route where you choose to work off the debt the opening scene with Master in the shop hangs during the dialogue, no reason it should though.

BTW, I'm currently on Special Edition, running a new save game. I'm intending to go through the slavery route via SS++.

(I play on SE with Unforgiving Devices and DD 5.2) So i have difficulties with the mod sometimes failing to remove devices, such as belt, collar, gag, boots.

Ā 

Occasions where it bugs:

- After keeping devices on for a week for trial, nothing's removed.

- Asking her to remove some devices, none gets removed but she charges gold.

- CD's MCM tab "Player Info" where is "Remove Quest Devices" doesn't remove anything.

- Sometimes i'm left with just a loose inventory item for example from a plug equipped. I can just unequip it normally. If i put it in a container it will completely disappear from the game.

Ā 

When it doesn't bug:

- When you start some punishing event like working in the mines, being put on display in shop or something like that. Basically when bandits rob you during delivery job and come back. This seems about only time when devices are removed.

Ā 

The game where player is set in place at shop and people come by and putting new items on player, nothing is actually equipped. You just have the old devices; collar and belt (maybe gag too). You get a message that items were put on you but they are not even added to inventory.

Ā 

I had occasion where she wanted to give me debt, it triggered 2 events simultaneously or so, giving 2 x 10000 gold debt.

Ā 

When working debt in the mines there were times where mining didn't do anything. It turned off player controls for 2 seconds and then restored them without animating anything. I figured i have to "initialize" it somehow by for example pulling the chain at the entrance. I'm not given hints that i should do that or something else.

Ā 

Also about the mines, it should scale the shock periods if timescale is different from 20. The mod knows what the scale is because i set it in MCM.

Ā 

CBBE 3BA doesn't seem to be scaling the body with these devices with SE files.

Edit: There was different minor issue in my Skyrim setup that may have caused it. My main body mesh was replaced for unknown reason, causing it to clip with belts.

Ā 

Some papyrus log parts about the device removals:

Ā Ā  Ā [zadQuest (0D00F624)].zadlibs.GetRenderedDevice() - "zadLibs.psc" Line 864
Ā Ā  Ā [zadQuest (0D00F624)].zadlibs_UDPatch.GetRenderedDevice() - "zadlibs_UDPatch.psc" Line 860
Ā Ā  Ā [CDxSlavery_Functions (6617170A)].cdxslavery_functions.RemoveCDDev() - "cdxslavery_functions.psc" Line 591
Ā Ā  Ā [CDxSlavery_Functions (6617170A)].cdxslavery_functions.RemoveCDItems() - "cdxslavery_functions.psc" Line 630
Ā Ā  Ā [CDxMCMMenu (6605BBEE)].cdxmcmmenu.OnOptionSelect() - "cdxmcmmenu.psc" Line 1300
Ā Ā  Ā [CDxMCMMenu (6605BBEE)].cdxmcmmenu.SelectOption() - "SKI_ConfigBase.psc" Line 1177
Ā Ā  Ā [SKI_ConfigManagerInstance (16000802)].SKI_ConfigManager.OnOptionSelect() - "SKI_ConfigManager.psc" Line 159

Ā 

Spoiler

[11/05/2023 - 01:47:40AM] Error: Cannot place a None object
stack:
Ā Ā  Ā [ (00000014)].Actor.PlaceAtMe() - "<native>" Line ?
Ā Ā  Ā [zadQuest (0D00F624)].zadlibs.GetRenderedDevice() - "zadLibs.psc" Line 857
Ā Ā  Ā [zadQuest (0D00F624)].zadlibs_UDPatch.GetRenderedDevice() - "zadlibs_UDPatch.psc" Line 860
Ā Ā  Ā [CDxSlavery_Functions (6717170A)].cdxslavery_functions.RemoveCDDev() - "cdxslavery_functions.psc" Line 591
Ā Ā  Ā [CDxSlavery_Functions (6717170A)].cdxslavery_functions.RemoveCDItems() - "cdxslavery_functions.psc" Line 625
Ā Ā  Ā [CDxPackageDelivery (67117012)].cdxpackagedelivery.Fragment_30() - "cdxpackagedelivery.psc" Line 306
[11/05/2023 - 01:47:40AM] [Zad] ((WARNING)): GetRenderedDevice received non DD argument.
[11/05/2023 - 01:47:40AM] Error: Cannot callĀ Delete() on a None object, aborting function call
stack:
Ā Ā  Ā [zadQuest (0D00F624)].zadlibs.GetRenderedDevice() - "zadLibs.psc" Line 864
Ā Ā  Ā [CDxSlavery_Functions (6717170A)].cdxslavery_functions.RemoveCDDev() - "cdxslavery_functions.psc" Line 591
Ā Ā  Ā [CDxSlavery_Functions (6717170A)].cdxslavery_functions.RemoveCDItems() - "cdxslavery_functions.psc" Line 625
Ā Ā  Ā [CDxPackageDelivery (67117012)].cdxpackagedelivery.Fragment_30() - "cdxpackagedelivery.psc" Line 306
[11/05/2023 - 01:47:40AM] Error: Cannot callĀ HasKeyword() on a None object, aborting function call
stack:
Ā Ā  Ā [CDxSlavery_Functions (6717170A)].cdxslavery_functions.RemoveCDDev() - "cdxslavery_functions.psc" Line 593
[11/05/2023 - 01:47:40AM] WARNING: Assigning None to a non-object variable named "::temp31"
stack:
Ā Ā  Ā [CDxSlavery_Functions (6717170A)].cdxslavery_functions.RemoveCDDev() - "cdxslavery_functions.psc" Line 593
[11/05/2023 - 01:47:40AM] Error: Cannot call HasKeyword() on a None object, aborting function call
stack:
[11/05/2023 - 01:47:40AM] WARNING: Assigning None to a non-object variable named "::temp30"
stack:
[11/05/2023 - 01:47:40AM] Error: Cannot call HasKeyword() on a None object, aborting function call
stack:
Ā Ā  Ā [CDxSlavery_Functions (6717170A)].cdxslavery_functions.RemoveCDDev() - "cdxslavery_functions.psc" Line 595
[11/05/2023 - 01:47:40AM] WARNING: Assigning None to a non-object variable named "::temp26"
stack:
Ā Ā  Ā [CDxSlavery_Functions (6717170A)].cdxslavery_functions.RemoveCDDev() - "cdxslavery_functions.psc" Line 595
stack:
Ā Ā  Ā [zadQuest (0D00F624)].zadlibs_UDPatch.GetRenderedDevice() - "zadlibs_UDPatch.psc" Line 851
Ā Ā  Ā [CDxSlavery_Functions (6717170A)].cdxslavery_functions.RemoveCDItems() - "cdxslavery_functions.psc" Line 630
[11/05/2023 - 01:47:40AM] WARNING: Assigning None to a non-object variable named "::temp191"
stack:
Ā Ā  Ā [zadQuest (0D00F624)].zadlibs_UDPatch.GetRenderedDevice() - "zadlibs_UDPatch.psc" Line 851
Ā Ā  Ā [CDxSlavery_Functions (6717170A)].cdxslavery_functions.RemoveCDItems() - "cdxslavery_functions.psc" Line 630
[11/05/2023 - 01:47:40AM] Error: Cannot place a None object
stack:
Ā Ā  Ā [ (00000014)].Actor.PlaceAtMe() - "<native>" Line ?
Ā Ā  Ā [zadQuest (0D00F624)].zadlibs.GetRenderedDevice() - "zadLibs.psc" Line 857
[11/05/2023 - 01:47:40AM] [Zad] ((WARNING)): GetRenderedDevice received non DD argument.
[11/05/2023 - 01:47:40AM] Error: Cannot call Delete() on a None object, aborting function call
stack:
stack:
[11/05/2023 - 01:47:40AM] WARNING: Assigning None to a non-object variable named "::temp31"
stack:
stack:
[11/05/2023 - 01:47:40AM] WARNING: Assigning None to a non-object variable named "::temp30"
stack:
stack:
[11/05/2023 - 01:47:40AM] WARNING: Assigning None to a non-object variable named "::temp26"
stack:

Ā 

For workarounds; I can remove single devices with console commands, or everything at once from DD's MCM "Terminate DD quests".

Edited by Zaflis

Please forgive me for probably missing the obvious in description, but how do you get started with the mod?
-is it just a go to the shop kind of thing?

PS: I am super glad to be able to experience your mod. I have heard so much about it! - I hope you are well, i gathered there was some life stuff, hope everything is better now! :)

On 11/10/2023 at 1:16 PM, Kayohcey said:

Please forgive me for probably missing the obvious in description, but how do you get started with the mod?
-is it just a go to the shop kind of thing?

PS: I am super glad to be able to experience your mod. I have heard so much about it! - I hope you are well, i gathered there was some life stuff, hope everything is better now! :)

Yeah, you can go to the shop and ask to do stuff for the Master.Ā  Oooor, as an alternate start or just some point when you feel like it, in the Captured Dreams MCM there's a button to do the Slavery Start.Ā  Or if you want a more immersive way in, you could get sent there from Simple Slavery ++.Ā Ā 

On 11/10/2023 at 8:16 PM, Kayohcey said:

Ā 

On 11/11/2023 at 11:54 PM, Naps-On-Dirt said:

Yeah, you can go to the shop and ask to do stuff for the Master.Ā  Oooor, as an alternate start or just some point when you feel like it, in the Captured Dreams MCM there's a button to do the Slavery Start.Ā  Or if you want a more immersive way in, you could get sent there from Simple Slavery ++.Ā Ā 

You forgot the most basic one how i started in recent playthrough, a courier comes to you and gives a letter to introduce the shop. You'll get a map marker and a small "trial" quest where it is.

Spoiler

Next to Halfmoon mill near Falkreath.

Ā 

42 minutes ago, Zaflis said:

Ā 

You forgot the most basic one how i started in recent playthrough, a courier comes to you and gives a letter to introduce the shop. You'll get a map marker and a small "trial" quest where it is.

Ā  Hide contents

Next to Halfmoon mill near Falkreath.

Ā 

IS there a level/progress requirement for this to happen?

17 hours ago, Kayohcey said:

IS there a level/progress requirement for this to happen?

the highest level i ever saw the ad (trial quest ad) for the shop show up was level 8.

iirc the level it shows up at is adjustable, but if you set it to a level lower than you are it might still take making 1 level for it to show.

Ā 

7 hours ago, Diablohunter said:

So I'm having an issue where DDe registers Captured Dreams but says I need to update to version 4.16 but I can't find any evidence of v4.16. Some help please?Ā 

@Diablohunter

There is a patch for it on the mod page for devious devices - quip. Follow the intsruction to activate. fair warning. You may need to start a new save game for it to work.

Just wana leave my five cents here. I'm incredibly impressed how the expansion works.
Spawning that amount of buildings with close to no buggs is just damn impressive.

One small weird bug in SSE is that there is a one way invisible wall between the manor and the vip house when following the elevatet path not gamebreaking just really weird.

Ā 

Hope the author is feeling better with the issues that made him pull the mod before. Depression is awfull.

Ā 

Ā 

4 hours ago, MuellerMat said:

@Diablohunter

There is a patch for it on the mod page for devious devices - quip. Follow the intsruction to activate. fair warning. You may need to start a new save game for it to work.

The patch is included in the DDE download itself, but it's not installed by default unless you check it.

(I already mentioned this before on this very same page *endrant*)

Edited by Zaflis
  • 2 weeks later...