Captured Dreams - Restored June 23 2023

Hi there,

Happy to see the mod is back up and running! Love it ❤️

However, I found a bug with the mining job, the overseer strips... everything.

My PC was in the 'punishment' / debt belt (send there through simple slavery), and all items got removed (and broke) at the unequip there.

I just reloaded a save and will avoid that job for the time being, but thought reporting it might help iron it out in a future version ^_^

I'm glad that this is available again, so that I can try it out. I like the concept and the few quests that I've tried. I'm having a problem with the personal quest for the Mistress where you are sent as an apology to the Thalmor Embasy. I've gotten to the scene on the first day where she wakes in the cell and the Mistress goes to attend the party and the PC is left with two guards who are allowed to play with her. The play part goes fine, mostly (one time it broke because one guard wandered off before they started their second go with the character). One time after events when they are going to return her to the cell they just didn't and she just sat there with nothing happening. Another time she did make it to her cell but was left frozen, sitting on the bedroll in the cell. I couldn't do anything to move her and nothing happened after that. I went to take a shower and returned, but she was still stuck in the same spot with no ability to move or forward the scene. What is supposed to happen/what am I supposed to do at that point? Is there a way force the quest to advance? As of now, I'm going to have to return to an older save and chuck this quest altogether although I would like to make my way through it.

I'm excited to try out the mod, but i can't get past the punishment for failing a courier delivery.

Problem 1: Arises when you move to get bound up in the center of the house. The PC does not properly. I assume this was a mod conflict as disabling TrueMovement and 360 on SexyMoves seemed to do the trick? I can't confirm though, but i didn't have any issues after that.

Problem 2: I actually get sent outside to as a "display", but the PC is softlocked. I'm not sure what to do with this.

Edited by PergidaSans

HAve not forgotten about things here, there are a lot of things I have to relearn (my chaotic mod structure, DD scripting, scripting in general and stupid quirks of the Creation Kit) and itr can be difficult to focus on it all. I had been in the process of making quite a few changes in v4.16 when I stopped working on it and currently the 3 biggest issues are:
1) updating devices especially custom ones as scripts that I had extended have either had functions changed or the script no longer exists. I never was all that great in sorting through scripts to figure them out. Getting this sorted out will fix issues with devices.

2) Manor Slave is incomplete, there is no 'End of Day' functionality at all. The new task system allows you to do more than 4 tasks (sweeping is broken up between each floor now) and other tasks were added but there isn't any sort of tracking or evaluation set up. Considering that Manor Slave is run by 1 main script start to end (same with the portion in the mine/smithy) there is a lot to go through.

3) Chaste Life not working right, spouse alias is not filling so activities don't work for the most part.

4) The quest to get the package at the lighthouse in Property Slave has an odd quirk. When you return and go to the Manor basement it works fine if you were able to bring it back with no interruptions. If you were caught or had to reacquire it then the basement scene would break (Master comes down to the basement, gets to the bottom of the stairs then leaves). I ran through each scenario multiple times and the outcome was the same each time even though the scene in the basement is used by all of them (no differences).

5) The 4 Special quests are not triggering at all for me.

If anyone finds that a scene has stalled talk to the person who was interacting with you (enable player controls, talk and break off conversation then disable them). There are a number of 'Restart points' placed in quest dialogue and scenes (not sure how many are in v4.15 but v4.16 has them in most quests). No idea why scenes stop like they do, it is something that has happened randomly in various places from update to update even when no changes were made to those quests or actor AI (it's super finicky at times).

On 12/10/2023 at 12:08 AM, HexBolt8 said:

I don't think DD 4 is still available.  Use Devious Devices 5.2 and its BodySlide files.

On 12/10/2023 at 12:33 AM, live_or_death said:

So, just having DD5.2 installed is enough? I'm a noob at this, thanks.

On 12/10/2023 at 1:43 AM, HexBolt8 said:

No, you still have to run BodySlide to build the meshes for the various items.  I was only saying that you don't need the old Devious Devices 4.

I suggest using the bodyslide files for whatever version of DD you are using. I have custom device textures but they use the meshes included with DD.

If during one of the quest you are stuck in a furniture that move with you : if a furniture is equipped on you (i talk about chain not devious devices) here are the steps to remove it :

- do all the steps that are said in the first page/description of the mods (show inventory, removeitem, etc)

- when you see that nothing happened / nothing unequipped, it's the good one

- you have to jump to removed it ! (yeah litteraly just press the space bar)

I have go for other 10 minutes figuring it out by removing one by one, and the last one didn't removed anything so i didn't understand and keep reloading my save to try again until i randomly jump after removing it....

• 2 weeks later...

Ive Started playing through the quests here, pretty fun. Times on Deliveries are tight, especially with all the dangers i have in my list. Ive even Started generating AI voices, Its going to be HUGE though, lol.

First time playing it. So far, it's looked very promising - although (and I say this with respect) I'm not particularly a fan of having to just stand there in place for a really long time (one of the punishments - being put on display in the shop). I think it's been like 10 minutes and I'm just standing there bound. I assume it's a 24 hour run, but it gets old after a few  minutes.

Hey :) Great Mod, I'm liking this more than I thought I would. I like the size and all the different roles and scenes. I know this may sound odd but I'm wondering if there is a way to make the Mine stage more difficult? The Master speaks of "Maybe seeing the sky and sun again", the guard makes a reference to "Back to work if you ever want to leave" and others however I'm getting the quota around lunch time every day which leaves the rest of the day for sitting in a chair, watching others and a carefree mindset. I've thought about raising the quota, lowering the yield of the ore deposits or somehow slowing the actors down moving (Including the PC). I'm not good enough with scripts to try to edit any item that runs on those. I have set the difficulty level up to "Difficult" but really haven't noticed a difference. For someone to work their way out seems it would take a focused effort, not impossible but certainly no "Dilly Dallying Around".

Again, very good mod.

On 1/9/2024 at 2:34 AM, Allen Harris said:

First time playing it. So far, it's looked very promising - although (and I say this with respect) I'm not particularly a fan of having to just stand there in place for a really long time (one of the punishments - being put on display in the shop). I think it's been like 10 minutes and I'm just standing there bound. I assume it's a 24 hour run, but it gets old after a few  minutes.

I think you are supposed to increase the timescale during them. Even MCM had something about it i recall.

Edited by Zaflis
6 hours ago, Zaflis said:

I think you are supposed to increase the timescale during them. Even MCM had something about it i recall.

Yeh I figured that out last night. I'd been doing it with the console, then I figured out there was an MCM option for it lol

Hey, I'm playing AE and I'm at the point where I'm supposed to present Erani to Miss Delius. I'm in the VIP house, but Miss Delius is just standing there. I click her, and I get a "This person is busy" message. I've reloaded, dismissed my followers, tried from an earlier save - always the same thing. WHAT DO I DO OH COMPUTER MASTERS?! 😛

Edit: Okay, I fixed it. I attacked Delius with a weak fire spell, turning her aggro. Then I left, traveled away, and returned. When I got back, Delius was downstairs and the dialog started as normal.

Edited by Allen Harris
17 hours ago, Lenore said:

The chastity belt is invisible, perhaps other things are as well? I downloaded all the parts but seems I'm missing something.

You need to "build everything in Bodyslide". Devious Devices and several other mods in Loverslab don't come with prebuilt meshes;

1) Open Bodyslide from your mod manager and if you haven't done before, open its settings with a button and set your Skyrim data path.

2) From top left select body you use, open preview and select preset you want to be using "CBBE Curvy" or whatever.

3) In bottom left is "Build with morphs", turn that On.

4) Click "Batch build". Keep everything selected at first so just click OK, but next it should show you another window where you have to choose things. You should know which body type you are using, if it it should include HDT and so on. For the record Devious Devices have several items that require HDT, such as all chain restraints. They would just look like stiff poles or drag on ground like sticks if you don't have a HDT system installed.