Tribal Body Tattoos - UNP/UNPB/UNPC/7B & CBBE

View File

Description

Using the excellent additions made by Expired6978's RaceMenu mod, this plugin adds a new overlay tattoo set consisting of: 1 body paint, 1 hands paint, and 1 feet paint. They're of tribal design (or at least I think they are). Currently, these tattoos are female only, but I might change that if enough people request it.

Requirements

• A UNP-compatible body such as UNPB, UNPC, TopModel body, Dream Girl, 7Base and all of its derivatives.
  • RaceMenu v2.5.1 or better (and all of its requirements, check Nexus page for details)
  • A mouse & keyboard.

Installation & Usage

Extract the packaged files and copy-paste/drag n' drop them into your Skyrim data folder. Make sure you also check on the appropriate .esp file if you're not installing it via Wrye Bash or any other mod organizer. To apply the tattoos themselves, look for the ones named "[body part here] Tribal Tattoos [Design # here]" and color them via sliders. To upgrade version, simply extract new files over the old ones.

CBBE users: Download the CBBE textures and extract over the UNP ones.

Other Stuff

Feel free to leave feedback, I like hearing everyone's opinion. If something doesn't work or is broken, please leave a comment and I will get on it as soon as I can. Have a request or a burning question you must ask? Leave those as well and I will try to answer them as best I can. Also, the warpaint is not included in the set, that's from another mod. I will also be adding more sets and variations of each set periodically.

Pics

post-15447-0-54564100-1379719442_thumb.jpg post-15447-0-82967100-1379719445_thumb.jpg post-15447-0-94421000-1379719448_thumb.jpg post-15447-0-17398300-1379719452_thumb.jpg post-15447-0-34304000-1379719455_thumb.jpgpost-15447-0-41363200-1379910913_thumb.jpg post-15447-0-31246600-1379910916_thumb.jpg post-15447-0-09023300-1379910919_thumb.jpg

• Submitter
  • Submitted
    09/20/2013
  • Category
  • Requires
    RaceMenu v2.5.1 or better, a UNP-compatible body (UNPB, 7B or similar))
  • Special Edition Compatible

Version History

v0.65

• Added face overlay support for version 2.5.1 of RaceMenu. (see new pics for example)
  • Fixed wrong placement of hands tattoos.

v0.61

• Added CBBE support. (since I don't use CBBE myself, I haven't really tested it thoroughly as I did with the UNP version. You might see subtle differences if compared side by side.)

v0.6

• Divided the body tattoos and added a more modular structure (See pics for example)
  • Added a matching warpaint. (See pics to view)
  • Reduced the overall resolution of the overlays from 4096x4096 to 2048x2048. Before doing that, the entire overlay textures folder was almost 300 MBs long! This did not affect the quality of the tattoos themselves.

v0.5

• Initial release.

Known Issues & Quirks

As of v0.61

• The warpaint, particularly the area around the eyes, seems to warp and stretch considerably when using elven races in conjunction with Ethereal Elven Overhaul. There's really nothing I can do about this because that's the way EEO intended the facial morphs for elves to work.
  • In the CBBE version, you might find that there are some scaling, alignment, or odd distortions when compared with the UNP one. This is normal, as they are two different bodies.

Things to Come

• CBBE-compatible version.
  • Neater, more convenient method for organizing existing tattoos.
  • Moar tattoos!
  • Squash bugs.

Lending a Hand

You too can help out by pointing me to interesting tattoo designs you wish to see included, or submitting your own work (with your permission, of course)! Simply post a pic of it here or a link leading to the example. The only condition set is that the requested tattoo design must be tribal-style (i.e. Maori or Polynesian styles). I will also accept Celtic tattoos as long as they're simple and not overly complex. Please keep in mind that not all submissions will be selected. I must like the design enough to want to implement it, while others might just be difficult or outright impossible to fit onto the body.

Update

I have decided to shelf this little project of mine indefinitely. This isn't to say I won't be doing anymore tattoos though. As some of you might already know, I have recently been working with Frostbrand on another much more exciting project: Call of the Wild. I will still be creating more tattoos but they will be exclusive to Call of the Wild, where they will become acquirable by another means rather than just the race menu. I'll also be creating a wide array of other things for it. You can visit Call of the Wild's thread here on LL for more information. If you have any questions or concerns, feel free to leave it here or drop me a PM.

Permissions

This is a LL-exclusive mod. Please, respect my decision and do not upload or redistribute this anywhere else without my permission.

Great job! One thing I wouldn't mind having is the ability to add different parts of the overall body tattoo, rather than the current all-or-nothing setting. But as is, it's got great design and implementation :)

Thanks! Didn't hit me to make the them a bit more modular in design until after I had uploaded the file. I'll definitely be adding that in on the next version, along with a few more designs to vary it up a bit.

Any plans for another body?? CBBE may be ;)

PS Hmm,It works,but little misplaced....

I suppose I could make a CBBE version, but it may look a little warped or stretched around the belly and upper chest area. Probably even more so if you use bodyslide or CB++ (or whatever they call it). I remember that the UV maps for CBBE were a bit off and caused all sorts of distortions on tattoos when I used CBBE a while back. I'll throw it on the to-do list for later.

Any plans for another body?? CBBE may be ;)

PS Hmm,It works,but little misplaced....

I suppose I could make a CBBE version, but it may look a little warped or stretched around the belly and upper chest area. Probably even more so if you use bodyslide or CB++ (or whatever they call it). I remember that the UV maps for CBBE were a bit off and caused all sorts of distortions on tattoos when I used CBBE a while back. I'll throw it on the to-do list for later.

I will wait for it :)

Absolutely superb :D  

With the latest CharGen you can get a hint of glow if you can get the right tints I have discovered.  In daylight my characters tattoos are nearly invisible but at night they really show up!

I am really looking forward to the more modular version :D  Thank you so much for all the work you have done on this  :shy:

Wow, I've been looking for something like this, I hope you make a version for CBBE.

The CBBE version is coming along slower than I had expected. There's a lot of strange warping issues with that body because of its UV mapping, particularly around the breasts and abs area. I'm guessing it's going to be more prominent and noticeable if you use the bodyslide thing with it. Right now, I have the basic overlay there, but I'm not satisfied with the quality. With any hope, it'll be out by Wednesday. On the weekend at latest.

Absolutely superb :D

With the latest CharGen you can get a hint of glow if you can get the right tints I have discovered.  In daylight my characters tattoos are nearly invisible but at night they really show up!

I am really looking forward to the more modular version :D  Thank you so much for all the work you have done on this  :shy:

As of v0.6, you can now mix n' match tattoos as shown in one of the screen caps (i.e. tattoo on one leg and one arm only). I've been playing around with the latest CharGen as well and I gotta say, it's freaking amazing! It's incredibly more convenient than ECE since it doesn't replace any morphs at all and is compatible with custom races.

These textures are amazing. If you wouldn't mind me asking, is the character in these images a UNPB body? If so, what muscle mod are you using? Also, what are arm, wrist, ankle and toe rings from?

The body textures are HoneyVanity's Barbarian Skin, the body itself it SeveNBase Bombshell, muscle normal map is Wast1980's Battle Hardened Body diesel variant. As for the jewelry, that's something I put together using resources from another mod. I might release it, but I have to get permission from the original author first. Face textures are from Ethereal Elven Overhaul, the model in the pics is actually just a wood elf.

Absolutely amazing textures and a wonderfully executed idea! This is EXACTLY what I wanted when I first saw the way that RaceMenu had originally set up it's Tattoo layer menu! I honestly had no idea that RaceMenu added a body, foot, and hand catergory in it's newest update, but I have to admit that it was one of their best updates yet!

But listen to me praise RaceMenu. . . thank you for making these tattoos! Most of the time, I'm skeptical about mods and what they do, but this was easy to install, and works like a charm with RaceMenu! I had a hell of a time making them Glow with the new RaceMenu options and was surprised to see how well they work together. If I could Endorse this file, I would. Instead, you have my 'Like', and I'll be sure to follow this file. 

If there was anything I had to say I don't like, it would be that RaceMenu does not have a Tint/Glow option for Face Tattoos. Though this is more a small dislike on RaceMenu's side and not yours. However, I don't think I'm in a position to complain as I'm greatfull that it does as much as it does.

I'd love to see more Tattoo's like this from you in the future! As far as I've seen, your mod is the only one that utilizes (and utilizes it well) this new RaceMenu feature. Thanks for making this!

Oi. Here's a Front and Back shot of one of my characters with some of the tattoos on and glow added to them.

Front

n77XVOs.png

Back

nxFC8q2.png

Absolutely amazing textures and a wonderfully executed idea! This is EXACTLY what I wanted when I first saw the way that RaceMenu had originally set up it's Tattoo layer menu! I honestly had no idea that RaceMenu added a body, foot, and hand catergory in it's newest update, but I have to admit that it was one of their best updates yet!

But listen to me praise RaceMenu. . . thank you for making these tattoos! Most of the time, I'm skeptical about mods and what they do, but this was easy to install, and works like a charm with RaceMenu! I had a hell of a time making them Glow with the new RaceMenu options and was surprised to see how well they work together. If I could Endorse this file, I would. Instead, you have my 'Like', and I'll be sure to follow this file. 

If there was anything I had to say I don't like, it would be that RaceMenu does not have a Tint/Glow option for Face Tattoos. Though this is more a small dislike on RaceMenu's side and not yours. However, I don't think I'm in a position to complain as I'm greatfull that it does as much as it does.

I'd love to see more Tattoo's like this from you in the future! As far as I've seen, your mod is the only one that utilizes (and utilizes it well) this new RaceMenu feature. Thanks for making this!

Oi. Here's a Front and Back shot of one of my characters with some of the tattoos on and glow added to them.

Front

n77XVOs.png

Back

nxFC8q2.png

Thanks! It feels great knowing I could make something which others can also enjoy. They look great on your drow character btw! The white-grayish ink contrasts her purple-tinted skin beautifully. I'd love to see pics of what you guys have done with this, so post em up!

Front

n77XVOs.png

Back

nxFC8q2.png

Thanks! It feels great knowing I could make something which others can also enjoy. They look great on your drow character btw! The white-grayish ink contrasts her purple-tinted skin beautifully. I'd love to see pics of what you guys have done with this, so post em up!

Ah thank you. ^^ To be honest, I had switched to UNPB only yesterday, and my Drow originally used a CBBE texture skin. Even though there was a UNPB texture, it lacked a bit of luster. Your mod really helped cover that up and enhance it over all. So thank you for that. 

It's strange in that for me the head & neck tattoos are showing up in RaceMenu, but not the body ones.  Any suggestions on how to fix this?

Did you update RaceMenu? I had a similar issue, it was just the face ones showing. The new version of RaceMenu adds 3 new catergories to it; Body Tattoos, Foot Tattoos, and Hand Tattoos. 

Once you update, those new options should show up in their respective catergories.