Tribal Body Tattoos - UNP/UNPB/UNPC/7B & CBBE

I tried out the tattoos on Body by Leito and I can confirm that it almost certainly isn't compatible. (Unless I'm doing something horribly wrong; I cant imagine what I would be doing wrong.) the hands and feet work just fine with the racemenu overlays, however it seems the body doesn't want to cooperate. I haven't tried to use a texture blender of some kind because I don't fancy everyone walking around with the same tattoos. Great looking mod though, even if I cant use it. :(

I see.. May have misread the mod's description then. What happens when you try to use the body tattoos? Does it look weird and distorted? Or do they simply not appear on the body?

By Tribal do you mean simply primitive or will the tats appear on every woman in the game? Is there a way to confine them to just one NPC?

"Tribal" refers to the art style in which the tattoos themselves were designed in. I think you have it confused with a texture replacer, but no, they will not appear on every woman in the game. They're restricted to the player character only, since they function as overlays.

They just don't appear on the body at all. It is really strange because I have used many bodies in the past and I've never had an issue like this before.

They just don't appear on the body at all. It is really strange because I have used many bodies in the past and I've never had an issue like this before.

Not sure what the problem might be then. I know Leito's body mod has a labia mesh, so if its node is ordered above the actual body mesh, the problem might be that RaceMenu is confusing which ninode is the body. I don't use Leito's body mod, but if that happens to be the problem, you can try to rearrange the nodes via nifskope and see if that solves the issue.

Not sure what the problem might be then. I know Leito's body mod has a labia mesh, so if its node is ordered above the actual body mesh, the problem might be that RaceMenu is confusing which ninode is the body. I don't use Leito's body mod, but if that happens to be the problem, you can try to rearrange the nodes via nifskope and see if that solves the issue.

Just getting back to this after a hectic few days. I tried to rearrange the nodes in nifskope to see if it would make a difference but no dice. I could have sworn I have seen some tattoos on ratrace's orcs using Leito's body in a screenshot. Anyway, despite it not working I briefly switched to Sevenbase to try them out in game, you made some fantastic looking full body tattoos. :)

Just getting back to this after a hectic few days. I tried to rearrange the nodes in nifskope to see if it would make a difference but no dice. I could have sworn I have seen some tattoos on ratrace's orcs using Leito's body in a screenshot. Anyway, despite it not working I briefly switched to Sevenbase to try them out in game, you made some fantastic looking full body tattoos. :)

Thanks! Sorry you couldn't get them to work on your body of choice though. :(
  • 3 weeks later...

Thanks! Sorry you couldn't get them to work on your body of choice though. :(

I got them to work finally, turns out I was a total noob with Nifskope and I didn't re-arrange the meshes properly. Works just fine now.

• 2 weeks later...

First of all, love the mod been using it on all of my characters :)

But i have a question about your character on the pictures, as in where may one acquire those beautiful toe rings, arm bands and ankle bands? :D

Thanks in advance.

Those are actually going to be part of Call of the Wild, a mod I've been working on with several other people. Check out the dev blog link in my sig to learn a bit more.

Hello, this is more about your call of the wild.

Is there any chance you guys could make a discussion forum in addition to your blogs? Mostly I find it a interesting idea but would love to see it expanded beyond just primal magic, but to included primal characters in general. As in paths for none caster characters to follow as well.

Hello, this is more about your call of the wild.

Is there any chance you guys could make a discussion forum in addition to your blogs? Mostly I find it a interesting idea but would love to see it expanded beyond just primal magic, but to included primal characters in general. As in paths for none caster characters to follow as well.

Yeah, we'll likely be opening a new thread in the SexLab discussions forum very soon. This summer we're going to start working on CotW actively again.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm getting a Script error... that some script isn't up to date?

The tattoos won't load. I've tried everything. I'm not sure if I did something wrong, or if the files are wrong or something, but I dragged and dropped the files into the data folder. I have all the requirements needed. Here's a screenshot.IFxV66U.jpg

EDIT: uhhh... fixed that issue, but now I cannot make them appear...

EDIT 2: Aaaaand fixed. Sorry for posting this in the first place. But then again, no harm done in looking for help, right? It makes us all the more knowledgeable.

• 4 weeks later...

So far I can't get them to show up in racemenu, it keeps saying:

BODY PAINT

default <> <>

default <> <>

default <> <>

default <> <>

default <> <>

default <> <>

Changing alpha's etc does nothing.

Might want to try updating your RaceMenu or making sure the scripts for the tattoos were installed correctly. Can't think of a reason they wouldn't show up on the menu unless they were installed incorrectly.

So far I can't get them to show up in racemenu, it keeps saying:

BODY PAINT

default <> <>

default <> <>

default <> <>

default <> <>

default <> <>

default <> <>

Changing alpha's etc does nothing.

Might want to try updating your RaceMenu or making sure the scripts for the tattoos were installed correctly. Can't think of a reason they wouldn't show up on the menu unless they were installed incorrectly.

The scripts are there, as is the .ESP. Possibly it's a number of other mods preventing it. I'll apply it manually on the skin for screenshots instead. :)

• 1 month later...

I for the life of me can not get the face tribal tattoos to show up in the face overlay catagory. I tried maual install and mod manager install. I uninstalled all other mods and only installed this. Still, I have no overlays in the face catagory. Although the body, arms, hands and feet work fine.

Nevermind this, I figured it out. But for anyone else with the same kind of issue. Race menu was updated just yesterday and i didn't notice. So make sure it is updated and you also install the loose base files.

• 2 months later...
  • 6 months later...

Hey, the actual in game tattoos look nothing like they do in the preview pics. I downloaded the CBBEVersion

Post a screenshot of the problem. I've looked through the files of both versions and can't find a difference.

Just checked this out and it's looks pretty good. I don't use race menu though so I just dragged and dropped the texture file onto my players texture file in paint-net after I colorized it in gimp2 and half the body texture in nifskope was colored the color that I colorized the file to when I checked to see how it looked. So I grabbed the file again and threw it into gimp2 a 2nd time and clicked on the magic stick and started clicking around and noticed that there were a few spots where there were a lot of hidden pixels that can't been seen but are there. But clicking on the background with the magic stick highlighted the whole back ground and then I just used the cut option to cut out the back ground then overwrote it and then colorized it and everything came out nice when I pasted it onto my players UNPCM body texture in paint-net. The file I'm using is the FemaleBody_Design1 from the Tribal Tattoosv065.rar

• 2 weeks later...