The BEST song you've ever heard.

I started a thread asking people what the worst song they ever heard was. Now I've decided, just for the fun of it, to ask:

What the BEST song you've ever heard? The rules are the same here as they were for the "worst" thread.

It doesn't matter if it's a cover song, from a soundtrack, or whatever. As long as it can be considered a song that you think is the best, it's fair game.

For me, it would have to be "Who wants to live forever" by Queen. The way that song was made is just so amazing that I can't even explain it. Here, listen for yourself, if you'd like.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_Jtpf8N5IDE

1 hour ago, Alessia Wellington said:

I think the best song I've ever heard is Judas Priest's A Touch of Evil. The riff, the lyrics, the mood, just awesome.

Hide contents

I LOVE Judas Priest! My favorite song by them is either Nightcrawler or Breaking the Law.

1 hour ago, FauxFurry said:
  Reveal hidden contents

I actually don't mind this song. It's not the kind of thing I'd listen to on my own time, but if I were somewhere and it were to start playing, I wouldn't mind it.

1 hour ago, Speed Metal said:
  Hide contents

If it wasn't for this song, I wouldn't be here now.

Ok. That was really fucking good. I showed that to my girlfriend and she said the same thing. Thank you for sharing that!

But there's soooo many to choose from, finding the most despised song was easy, now the impossible!  :O

I have always enjoyed this song...and the rest of His works....

5 hours ago, Sir Bron said:

But there's soooo many to choose from, finding the most despised song was easy, now the impossible!  :O

I have always enjoyed this song...and the rest of His works....

Finding a song you hate more than any other is easy. Finding a song you love more than any other is like trying to find a needle in a haystack.

5 hours ago, Evaloves4 said:

> I have a few best songs, but I like this one as the best among them for it talks about my Prince and I have it as my ring tone on my smart phone since the day i fell in love with him.

The "couple's song" for me and my girlfriend is one that most people look at us and go "What the fuck?" for, but we don't care. That song is "Ora Pro Nobis Lucifer" by Behemoth. If you don't like the hardcore spectrum of Metal and/or Satanic Metal, don't listen to it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cx01fOYsc6E

15 minutes ago, Alessia Wellington said:

Ours is Amon Amarth's A Dream That Cannot Be.

Reveal hidden contents

My and my girlfriend's favorite Amon Amarth song is probably "The Way of Vikings" or "Guardians of Asgaard".

12 hours ago, Decèdere said:

I could never have a "best" because that's liable to change throughout the day, from day to day, and depending on the weather or my current mood.

I am not too different in that regard, however, I went for objective measures of mechanical complexity in addition to subjective preference to make a choice. Even then, I settled on two final choices.