Thank you, guys.

After 6 hours of testing and thinking, I used the old 'Ctrl + click Create Bodies/Batch Build' trick to get the files in a customized folder and it took an awful amount of time and focus to make sure everything was alright. Then, zip it and cross fingers when loading in MO. Seems to work so far.

But I still wonder why making changes on a copy of a profile changes the original profile too... Any idea ?

Nice to hear it works.

If you change the mods: YES. They are shared for all profiles.

Overwrite is also shared. Hope this will get changed.

So if you want to edit one mod, copy it and load it instead.

Meaning I can't have a working CBBE body on one profile and a working UNPB body on another one with MO for my characters, right ?

Thank you, guys.

After 6 hours of testing and thinking, I used the old 'Ctrl + click Create Bodies/Batch Build' trick to get the files in a customized folder and it took an awful amount of time and focus to make sure everything was alright. Then, zip it and cross fingers when loading in MO. Seems to work so far.

But I still wonder why making changes on a copy of a profile changes the original profile too... Any idea ?

Nice to hear it works.

Meaning I can't have a working CBBE body on one profile and a working UNPB body on another one with MO for my characters, right ?

You can. Activate CBBE on one and UNPB on the other.

If you use Bodyslide on Both you either

• Generate one of them and copy it as new Mod and only activate them for the right profile.

PRO: Generate everything once and no long fiddeling.

CON: harder to Generate new Armors etc.

• Make an "Output mod" for each Profile. Make a new Mod for a new Config.xml with the new Output set for Bodyslide and activate it on for the right profile.

PRO: Easy new generation.

CON: Longer Setup.

If you use Armor Mods that already have the right Type only activate on right profile.

Thank you, guys.

Nice to hear it works.

You can. Activate CBBE on one and UNPB on the other.

If you use Bodyslide on Both you either

• Generate one of them and copy it as new Mod and only activate them for the right profile.

PRO: Generate everything once and no long fiddeling.

CON: harder to Generate new Armors etc.

• Make an "Output mod" for each Profile. Make a new Mod for a new Config.xml with the new Output set for Bodyslide and activate it on for the right profile.

PRO: Easy new generation.

CON: Longer Setup.

If you use Armor Mods that already have the right Type only activate on right profile.

Thanks a lot !

To use the UNPB body, you would have to uncheck (deactivate) the CBBE body, and check the UNPB body, so CBBE wouldn't be used. Remember, if you remove the CBBE body, and reinstall it, your changes to the CBBE body would be gone, and it would be the original body you just reinstalled. That's because the copy made by MO would disappear. That's what happens when you remove a mod, the virtual copy is gone. It's a good thing. You can always make your changes, make a copy of the virtual mod (in ModOrganizer\mods) that you just altered, and zip that for future use.

If you check CBBE on one profile, and check UNPB on another one, those are the bodies that profile will use. Simply unchecking the CBBE body won't erase the changes you've made, so don't worry.

An example:

I installed a body that had underwear. Naturally, that had to change! So, I went into NifSkope and erased the pesky, unwelcome underwear. I now had a naked chick, as nature intended. When I unchecked it, and checked it again later, she was still assed out. When I removed the mod and reinstalled, the underwear came back.

Installing a mod to MO means it reads the data in the zipped mod, and makes a copy into the mods folder (extract here). Changes you make to it then only affect the copy, the extraction. The original remains untouched.

With MO, you retain a great deal of control over your mods.

Outta curiosity, how many threads did you start about this, dje34? I see you all over the place about MO stuff. :P Each thread title sounds so hopeless... :D In fact, there a re a LOT of MO related threads popping up. Shall I petition Ashal to pin this thread?

You've never used BS? It's pretty cool. Worth checking out.

Btw:

Okay, I finally decided to make a blog. The whole reason was so I could have a place to upload pics to be copy/pasted here on the MO thread. I wanted my pics there to show up on Google images, since that's where I usually find neat pics to paste on posts.

In one of the screens that popped up asking me to customize my profile, it asked me to add a message, and I'm thinking it's just like the little message we have here on LL the shows up at the top of the screen when you view someone's profile. Relatively private.

Little did I know, that this message was displayed in bold right on the first page of freakin' Google! #2. "Yay Mod Organizer!", it says (naturally). That's NOT what I had in mind! Dammit! Now I'll have to make it all awesome and professional. If you Google Mod Organizer, you will most certainly see my blog. Crap! I tried to find out where to change the message, but I didn't find it.

I don't want to be nailed to the wall over this. People will think I did it to get popular, there's already over 600 views, someone's following it (my guess is they're from LL :P), I fully expect comments to pour in...crap. :D

Um, so no, it's not for popularity, no I didn't want it to be seen by ALL, and no I'm not trying to go to extreme measures to convert everyone to MO. (Disclaimer). Just putting that out there ;). I'll try again to change the damn message later when I post another picture there. I don't want this on page 1, at freakin' #2.

Outta curiosity, how many threads did you start about this, dje34? I see you all over the place about MO stuff. :P Each thread title sounds so hopeless... :D In fact, there a re a LOT of MO related threads popping up. Shall I petition Ashal to pin this thread?

As ritual said, couldn't hurt. Btw, what is BS ?

RC: couldn't hurt. I have been trying to get the members to come here for their tech support.

dje: As ritual said, couldn't hurt.

Lemme give him a PM. I'm all over MO, so support is guaranteed. Might as well let new visitors be able to find this thread real easily.

That said, I'm not the only one all over MO. I have to give much thanks to all of my friends. Plenty of people have offered a lot of quality support here, and I owe you all, so thanks everyone! I have to sleep sometime, and every time I do, you guys (you know who you are ;)) have answered questions by the time I get back. I love how supportive LL is. :)

I just got greeted with a nice updated notice on my MO. 1.1.2. It won't download it. I believe I have set up Nexus on MO properly. It is stating

No incremental updated available for this version, The complete package needs to be downloaded (17961 kB. ). I thought with the regular version that I wouldn't have to manually update the program again. What should I do? If manual upgrade ... I assume I just drag and drop the contents over the MO correct. Possibly copy the Mods, Downloads (if I have content in it) and Profiles to be safe. ( shouldn't in my mind cause any troubles)..

Lame. I suppose you're dealing with another Nexus issue then.

If you just want to update, here: Mod Organizer v1_2_5 update-1334-1-2-5.7z

You can drag that and drop it to update. Or you could always dl the whole thing from here or Nexus (it's back up) and upgrade as usual.

HOWEVER, that one is to update 1.2.1 to 1.2.5. I can't guarantee everything will be fine if you do it to 1.1.2.

Okay, I finally decided to make a blog. The whole reason was so I could have a place to upload pics to be copy/pasted here on the MO thread. I wanted my pics there to show up on Google images, since that's where I usually find neat pics to paste on posts.

In one of the screens that popped up asking me to customize my profile, it asked me to add a message, and I'm thinking it's just like the little message we have here on LL the shows up at the top of the screen when you view someone's profile. Relatively private.

Little did I know, that this message was displayed in bold right on the first page of freakin' Google! #2. "Yay Mod Organizer!", it says (naturally). That's NOT what I had in mind! Dammit! Now I'll have to make it all awesome and professional. If you Google Mod Organizer, you will most certainly see my blog. Crap! I tried to find out where to change the message, but I didn't find it.

I don't want to be nailed to the wall over this. People will think I did it to get popular, there's already over 600 views, someone's following it (my guess is they're from LL xtongue.png.pagespeed.ic.86ZlZhEa46.png), I fully expect comments to pour in...crap. xbiggrin.png.pagespeed.ic.yJVH25T4ne.png

Um, so no, it's not for popularity, no I didn't want it to be seen by ALL, and no I'm not trying to go to extreme measures to convert everyone to MO. (Disclaimer). Just putting that out there xwink.png.pagespeed.ic.EQjgXw8CzK.png. I'll try again to change the damn message later when I post another picture there. I don't want this on page 1, at freakin' #2.

Thank god. Changed the title. Now you'd have to Google AwfulArchdemon to find my GBlogger page. Yay! I'm out of the big-ass spotlight now! :lol: Still gonna add pics there though. It's the whole reason I even have a GBlogger account. I've been messing with PS all night making MO pics. Maybe I'm a tad obsessed? :D

Whoops! Almost forgot:

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

1.2.5 released
This version fixes recent download problems from nexus.
There's also a major new feature: DLCs and mods installed outside MO are now listed on the left pane and can be arranged interleaved with mods installed with MO.
This is necessary primarily so the Unofficial Patches can be placed in the perfect order.
There are a ton of other changes since the last release here on nexus, please see the changelog.

In other news:
There are two new tutorial videos on MO:
- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JVBBGjPxVTA by oxide423
-

by MaximilianPs (Italian)
Check them out. Tbh both videos have been up for some time, sorry guys this announcement is so late.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

:D

I have question about updating from older versions of MO. Since the Update version doesnt seem to work, can I just download the installer and install the update over the current one that I have, which is version 1.1.1?

I wouldn't recommend it. I always take the mods and profiles folders out of the ModOrganizer folder, delete the old ModOrganizer folder, install the new MO, and add the mods and profiles folders to the new MO.

The update I posted is for those using ver 1.2.1

I have question about updating from older versions of MO. Since the Update version doesnt seem to work, can I just download the installer and install the update over the current one that I have, which is version 1.1.1?

I wouldn't recommend it. I always take the mods and profiles folders out of the ModOrganizer folder, delete the old ModOrganizer folder, install the new MO, and add the mods and profiles folders to the new MO.

The update I posted is for those using ver 1.2.1

do you mean i could move the whole MO folder around and it would still work properly as long as the folder structure within is unchanged?

@Knightmare23:

If you mean "can it be installed anywhere?", then yes.

i mean would it work if i do this:

• extract the update to a temp folder
  • copy the mods and profiles from the original directory
  • test if temp is working
  • delete old install
  • copy the files from temp to the original directory