Okay, so I'm giving Mod Organizer another shot, and I'm still having some issues.

1) How do I get Moonlight Tales and Werewolf Mastery to play nicely when using them through Mod Organizer?  Not checking the Moonlight Tales .esp (like it says in the FAQ for that mod) leaves the MCM messed up and basically unusable, checking it doesn't allow the skin changes to take effect on my PC (and likely not my NPCs either) nor does it allow the use of it's own Beast Form settings where those conflict with Werewolf Mastery.  For instance, Werewolf Mastery sets its options through a ring and a shout, rather than MCM, and previously when I was running both mods, selecting "Beast Form Cooldown" with the ring would helpfully tell me those settings are controlled via the Moonlight Tales MCM.  With Mod Organizer, it doesn't do that.

2) UFO seems to be messed up.  One or both of my followers fail to accompany me when I fast travel, and I cannot dismiss them or get them to wait.  How can I fix this?

3) Apachii Hair for NPCs doesn't seem to be working quite right.  Lydia, at least, is in her default hairstyle.  How do I make this work?

Does that Autosort function in 1.2.4 work?  It says it's in beta but it doesn't do anything.  I press the Fix button, the prompt disappears but the load order is the same and the issue notice reappears.

I've always wondered about that...my LO is always right, but MO has always told me something was out of order for the past 4 versions. That must be an odd bug that Tannin's still sorting out maybe. I always just check with TES5Edit if I ever have an issue. I'd love it if TES5Edit merged with MO! That would be sweet! (and a pian-in-the-ass to make)

Ashen: identifier, index, load order number...

Bob: that "fix" is for your mod order, not for your plugin load order. And, in my case, it's worthless.

Well, it doesn't work for the mod order either :P

Does it give an error, or does it just do nothing and that's it? Also, does the icon at the top right (the problem with load order thing) go away after you run LOOT? Have you tried running LOOT as an executable (full install) instead of just pressing fix?

Bob: that "fix" is for your mod order, not for your plugin load order. And, in my case, it's worthless.

Androktone, bob has trouble with his 'fix' button. Does 'fix' sort your LO? I'm mostly asking 'cause that's one feature I've never tested. I'm way too big a fan of sorting myself, and I've never fully trusted any program that sorts mods ever since I saw that BOSS didn't tend to sort LL mods right. Pretty much tested everything but that. :P

oh index. it's at F3. 507 mods installed. that's seem to be my limit for now till this bug if fixed.

507 friggin mods!? :D I'm surprised MO even turns on. :P  

Okay, so I'm giving Mod Organizer another shot, and I'm still having some issues.

1) How do I get Moonlight Tales and Werewolf Mastery to play nicely when using them through Mod Organizer?  Not checking the Moonlight Tales .esp (like it says in the FAQ for that mod) leaves the MCM messed up and basically unusable, checking it doesn't allow the skin changes to take effect on my PC (and likely not my NPCs either) nor does it allow the use of it's own Beast Form settings where those conflict with Werewolf Mastery.  For instance, Werewolf Mastery sets its options through a ring and a shout, rather than MCM, and previously when I was running both mods, selecting "Beast Form Cooldown" with the ring would helpfully tell me those settings are controlled via the Moonlight Tales MCM.  With Mod Organizer, it doesn't do that.

2) UFO seems to be messed up.  One or both of my followers fail to accompany me when I fast travel, and I cannot dismiss them or get them to wait.  How can I fix this?

3) Apachii Hair for NPCs doesn't seem to be working quite right.  Lydia, at least, is in her default hairstyle.  How do I make this work?

MT and WM work together without MO? And the other mods? May want to check the file paths before and after installing them. Activate the mods and make sure they have the same file paths as before. Something may not be getting entirely installed, which would mean bug for MO.

Do you still get your usual MCM options for MT with MO? Do those settings actually do what they say they'll do?

About Apachii Hair, I've used it with MO, and it worked fine. It's not impossible that it purposely gave Lydia vanilla hair. I've seen it skip Ysolda before too. It's either a bug with AH, or it was meant to do that sometimes, maybe just to give it more variety or something.

@Everyone:

All of my tests have been successful so far. There are a couple things I haven't gotten too yet, but the new version(s) just came out. Also bear in mind that I haven't used every mod out there, so there may be specific issues with mods that I can't necessarily answer. It may be best to ask the mods' authors about mods working together with MO, as most mod authors also use MO now. Also, letting them know that something isn't playing well with another mod could be helpful to them if there is an issue between mods (with or without MO) so they can update there OP.

Falafel: add ATTK like any other program --> Cogs.

No, that doesn't works. ATTK is a launcher, i think it looks for the SKSE on the skyrim folder and trigger it. That conflict with MO, because the game started is based on the normal installation not on the MO virtual one. Meaning the game launched doesn't have the MO mods.

Yeah, I installed SKSE with it's own install program, not MO.

Thanks for the tip on the hair.

As for Moonlight Tales. . . well, I started a new game (yet a-frelling-gain) because it was clear that save had some issues.  I haven't been able to test them now since I'm not a werewolf yet, but while the MCM for MT did come up, using it to change my player skin didn't do so.  That may just have been that messed-up save game, though.

Snip~

oh index. it's at F3. 507 mods installed. that's seem to be my limit for now till this bug if fixed.

MT and WM work together without MO? And the other mods? May want to check the file paths before and after installing them. Activate the mods and make sure they have the same file paths as before. Something may not be getting entirely installed, which would mean bug for MO.

hehe. around 400 or 450 of them are just equipment. . .    i really need to stop collecting ._.

and if you dont mind me asking... are you using "werewolf mastery and moonlight tales compatibility"?

Snip~

hehe. around 400 or 450 of them are just equipment. . .    i really need to stop collecting ._.

and if you dont mind me asking... are you using "werewolf mastery and moonlight tales compatibility"?

As a wise man once said. . . "D'oh!"

Forgot to download the extra Compatibility files.

F3 means you have 244 ESM/ESPs, so it's fine. I had 255 -- no problems. And the game started even with 257.

Let me get it straight -- and my apologies if you already explained it -- you install the 508th mod, which really means MO creates a new directory and unpack files there and you do NOT activate that mod and yet everything goes to hell?

Well, it doesn't work for the mod order either :P

It works for me, in a matter of speaking. The mod order for some mods changes but it has zero effect on the game.

Androktone, bob has trouble with his 'fix' button. Does 'fix' sort your LO? I'm mostly asking 'cause that's one feature I've never tested. I'm way too big a fan of sorting myself, and I've never fully trusted any program that sorts mods ever since I saw that BOSS didn't tend to sort LL mods right. Pretty much tested everything but that. :P

I didn't think so but after your remark... Could it be? Could Bob manipulate my MO? Could Bob be a... hacker??

Seriously though, I used "in my case" as insurance, so now, one more time without these words: it's worthless. This is what "potential mod order problem" says:

The conflict resolution order for some mods containing scripts differs from that of the corresponding esp.
This may lead to subtle, hard to locate bugs. You should re-order the affected mods (left list!).
There is no way to reliably know if each of these changes is absolutely necessary but its definitively safer.
If someone suggested you ignore this message, please give them a proper slapping from me. Do not ignore this warning
The following changes should prevent these kinds of errors:

I give you one example why it's worthless and should be ignored. Few days ago, MO (v. 1.2.4) advises me to move my private mod after "The Paarthurnax Dillema" (and "after" in Tannin's idiolect means "direclty after"). Leaving aside dynamic patches and anti-patches, my mod is the last in both plugin and mod orders, which means my mod is always loaded after TPD. There are no conflicting scripts between my mod and TPD, there are no conflicts wrt to any files, there are no conflicts wrt records in ESPs. It's just that my mod has nothing to do with TPD. And I'm supposed not to ignore it?? Next day, MO changes its mind and advises me to move my mod after "Convenient Horses". Again, no conflicts, and so on and so on... 

There are 14 "errors" like that  acc. to MO. I checked them all and none of it made any sense. I even, for a test, applied that "fix" to the game -- no effect whatsoever.

Now, I have v. 1.2.6 and nothing changed.

Falafel: add ATTK like any other program --> Cogs.

No, that doesn't works. ATTK is a launcher, i think it looks for the SKSE on the skyrim folder and trigger it. That conflict with MO, because the game started is based on the normal installation not on the MO virtual one. Meaning the game launched doesn't have the MO mods.

I tested the free version of ATTK (5.0.3), added like any other program and it just works. It starts through MO, it loads SKSE and stays in memory. I didn't notice any gains in performance, though.

And sorry for my mistake in your (nick)name.

I give you one example why it's worthless and should be ignored. Few days ago, MO (v. 1.2.4) advises me to move my private mod after "The Paarthurnax Dillema" (and "after" in Tannin's idiolect means "direclty after"). Leaving aside dynamic patches and anti-patches, my mod is the last in both plugin and mod orders, which means my mod is always loaded after TPD. There are no conflicting scripts between my mod and TPD, there are no conflicts wrt to any files, there are no conflicts wrt records in ESPs. It's just that my mod has nothing to do with TPD. And I'm supposed not to ignore it?? Next day, MO changes its mind and advises me to move my mod after "Convenient Horses". Again, no conflicts, and so on and so on... 

There are 14 "errors" like that  acc. to MO. I checked them all and none of it made any sense. I even, for a test, applied that "fix" to the game -- no effect whatsoever.

Now, I have v. 1.2.6 and nothing changed.

I was afraid of that. Looks like another open issue at the ol' tracker. Like I said, I haven't seen that LO error act right in a few versions.

For now, I suggest everyone gets good at knowing there proper load orders. I know exactly how to line up my mods, but MO tends to disagree. This is one reason I don't tell LOOT to sort my mods.

F3 means you have 244 ESM/ESPs, so it's fine. I had 255 -- no problems. And the game started even with 257.

Let me get it straight -- and my apologies if you already explained it -- you install the 508th mod, which really means MO creates a new directory and unpack files there and you do NOT activate that mod and yet everything goes to hell?

huh. it still goes to hell even if i didn't activate the new mod. so yup.

i guess i should do another test on separate profile... if i feel like it.

edit: wow. little over 250 clothes mod. ok i did the testing, and it seems to be related to limit, and from what i see, the limit is 507 esm/esp.

So, a few more questions with MO:

1) Is there an easier way to get Bodyslide 2 outfits to work under MO?  I got all the ShapData from the Bodyslide 2 compatible mods in the Bodyslide 2 folder, and I can make the outfits, but they go into my regular Skyrim Data directory, where MO doesn't seem to recognize them.  The only way to get them to appear in-game as I've built them in MO is to copy the files from the Data folder to the individual mods' folders, which is a bit of a pain.

2) Is there a way to get color mismatch fixes to work?  Installing the Color Mismatch Fix from Apachii Hair NPCs doesn't work, because MO appears to not read just the texture and mesh folders they have, and installing them directly into the Data folder messes up a custom follower's hair.  Creation Kit also doesn't recognize files installed in MOs separate folders, at least not that I could see.

So, a few more questions with MO:

1) Is there an easier way to get Bodyslide 2 outfits to work under MO?  I got all the ShapData from the Bodyslide 2 compatible mods in the Bodyslide 2 folder, and I can make the outfits, but they go into my regular Skyrim Data directory, where MO doesn't seem to recognize them.  The only way to get them to appear in-game as I've built them in MO is to copy the files from the Data folder to the individual mods' folders, which is a bit of a pain.

2) Is there a way to get color mismatch fixes to work?  Installing the Color Mismatch Fix from Apachii Hair NPCs doesn't work, because MO appears to not read just the texture and mesh folders they have, and installing them directly into the Data folder messes up a custom follower's hair.  Creation Kit also doesn't recognize files installed in MOs separate folders, at least not that I could see.

1)

There is a config file in Bodyslide. These are my settings: Just load "Bodyslide 2 Output" last so it overwrites the Normal CBBE and Armor Mods. (At least after all these). If you generate Body/armor its automatically inside MO. And create the folder "Bodyslide 2 Output" in "Mod Organizer\mods"

<MeshOutputPath>G:\Mod Organizer\mods\Bodyslide 2 Output\</MeshOutputPath>
<GameDataPath>G:\Mod Organizer\mods\Bodyslide 2 Output\</GameDataPath>
 2)

If you start CK with MO it should "see" activated mods. But I don't know about CK stuff so much.

Maybe some other mod is overwriting the fix OR the loadorder is wrong. DOn't use Apachii Hair so no further clue.

PS: @Managing Guys: Is there a thread where all Problems+Solutions from MO are gathered? I mean a really big FAQ!!!

I know, I was just mentioning LOOT as a reference to describe my distrust in anything telling me what my orders should be, mods or plugins. :P

I use Loot to do a "presort" .. check it with TESedit. Then go in and make any minor changes I desire afterwards based on my desire. Sometimes I get warnings that there are conflicts. If those  what I wanted sometimes like in weather mods as one mod don't cover other aspects however they need to be in a specific order to get it to work properly. That is the reason it is only a "tool" like TESedit and others. In the end modding is to complex for any one program to take over for the "human" element. Or in my case "Alien" one :D

On another note...

There are a lot of people here using MO for FNV and such. I tried. I kept getting CRC errors or something when trying to extract the mods into MO. Not to mention some serious questionable actions when using FOMM through MO as the files were randomly dropped into the data folder for no apparent reason. Has anyone else here had that problem? Is it possible it is something related to my computer or some other program interfering? Maybe a version of FOMM that is better and used by you guys/ gals. For the record it was in both 1.12 and the last 1.2.1 beta. The beta one was worse. When I got my first CRC error in the 1.1.2 I just shut down the game and will possibly go back to FOMM itself. :(

What do you mean by "load Bodyslide 2 Output last?"  I created the folder, but not sure how to load it in MO.

1)
There is a config file in Bodyslide. These are my settings: Just load "Bodyslide 2 Output" last so it overwrites the Normal CBBE and Armor Mods. (At least after all these). If you generate Body/armor its automatically inside MO. And create the folder "Bodyslide 2 Output" in "Mod Organizer\mods"

What do you mean by "load Bodyslide 2 Output last?"  I created the folder, but not sure how to load it in MO.

1)

You create a new Mod in Mod Organizer named "Bodyslide 2 Output" by creating a folder with the same name in /mods/.

Then close and re-open MO and you see "Bodyslide 2 Output" at the bottom of the left pane.

With the settings in config.xml of BS2 all generated content won't be in /Data/ but this Output folder. Edit the path to yours.

Generate with BS2.make sure none of it files are overwritten by other mods (only if you are really sure thats what you want).