Have you tried redownloading MO?? This is the most uncommon problem I've ever heard of. :P Did you try running the game launcher through MO? Or FNIS? TES5Edit? Etc etc?

Just a few minutes ago I removed the entire mod folder from MO and made an empty replacement. After that I could start Skyrim through MO using both the SKSE launcher and the vanilla Skyrim Launcher.

So I guess it's a mod issue that I need to hammer out. Not sure what it could be because I've used all these mods before (through MO) with no issue. And I haven't even added anything besides textures, one armor pack and character beautification stuff. No Fore's, sex mods, pinup poser or anything of that nature. I even made sure the custom skeleton wasn't being overwritten.

Looks like I have some digging to do.

EDIT: So far I've been adding a 2-3 mods at a time to see what the issue is. I've got the Unofficial Patches, texture packs, ELFX, CoT, SKUI, Imaginator into the game and it starts. That's half of what I added so I guess so far so good. Now I need some food before I have to head out to talk to the owner of the building my new project is on.

I think I found the problem. A NPC hair/face replacer. It relies on ApachiiSkyHair. I repacked that Apachii mod and it didn't recognize it, but while trying to install the non-re-packed version it is throwing a data error so MO can install it. So I am now trying to re-download Apachii 1.5 from Nexus....and it's slow again. DAMN YOU, NEXUS!! :lol:

So in the end it wasn't a MO problem and probably shouldn't be in this thread. :P It is a Nexus problem. I got a bad file from Nexus. DAMN YOU AGAIN, NEXUS!! :@

Yeah, I did open Apachii up and repacked it in a more MO-friendly file structure. But I didn't know that it was a bad/incomplete file that I repacked. For the record, I did re-download it and got a good one this time. And I didn't repack it, I just did the "set data directory" thing and unchecked the useless stuff (like images and data folders).

I've repacked quite a few mods and hang on to the .7z archives afterward, then generally delete the originals. I even put all 3 of Fore's FNIS mods (minus the .exe files) into one big one that's easy to just drop into MO.

MO has taught me a bit, but I used to do a lot of manual installation. MO likes the exact same file tree structure that Skyrim uses, so it wasn't a hard transition at all.

That yet another reason why NMM fails, it allows badly packaged mods to be applied to the game file and when they are removed later they have the potential to either leave pieces of the mods behind or even remove entire part of the game file.

It is a shame that Nexus allows this in their mod manager. I agree. Being the biggest name in the modding industry ( at least as far as I know) they can essentially set the standard of mod packaging. NMM could continue this with rejecting any packaged mods that aren't properly packaged. These issues would very soon drop to the side of the road and many simple issues that are the results of this would be solved.

Well, since NMM users won't have that issue (since you know, I doubt they care), I have a question.  Does anyone know how you can pull mods from Steamworkshop without subscribing and having that thing installed automatically?  There are some mods I wanted from Steamworkshop that for some reason aren't uploaded anywhere else but I obviously can't get them because I'm pretty sure that Steamworkshop will do an even crappier job than NMM in uninstalling mods.

Nevermind, got things figured out.

EDIT:  Okay, having another issue.  I'm using Bodyslide to create my own character, and I want it to play nice with other things I've downloaded (HDT bodies and piercings for them, primarily), but because of the way MO structures mod folders, they won't recognize each other.  How do I fix this?

Well, since NMM users won't have that issue (since you know, I doubt they care), I have a question.  Does anyone know how you can pull mods from Steamworkshop without subscribing and having that thing installed automatically?  There are some mods I wanted from Steamworkshop that for some reason aren't uploaded anywhere else but I obviously can't get them because I'm pretty sure that Steamworkshop will do an even crappier job than NMM in uninstalling mods.

I haven't tried it myself, but couldn't you remove the files that the workshop installs into /data/ and put them into a new folder with the correct file structure then zip them up for MO? As long as you got everything it should work.

EDIT:  Okay, having another issue.  I'm using Bodyslide to create my own character, and I want it to play nice with other things I've downloaded (HDT bodies and piercings for them, primarily), but because of the way MO structures mod folders, they won't recognize each other.  How do I fix this?

From the FAQ page....

"- Get Bodyslide to work: Install it as usual. Note that if you look in it, you'll see no recognizable (by MO) data in it. Fuck it. Install it anyway. When you do, MO will give you the standard warning that there is "no game data on top level". Fuck that too. When it's installed, navigate the 'explorer' to the Bodyslide.exe, and add it as an executable. When you run it, it will overwrite the .nif files you chose to alter, so have a copy of your mod-to-be-altered beforehand."

And I know there was talk of it a few pages back. Sorry, I don't use BS myself so I am not 100% sure how to use it.

The problem I'm having is that Bodyslide won't recognize bodies from other mods, so I can't use it to modify them.  I've looked at FAQs and stuff, but they aren't helping me with this issue.

To perhaps explain better:  In using NMM, when I installed something like http://www.loverslab.com/topic/28395-hdt-piercingsets-26-for-bodyslide/, when I'd open Bodyslide everything would be there in the drop-down menus so I could apply changes to those as I needed.  With Mod Organizer, because they're all in their own individual files, Bodyslide can't "see" them so I can select them so I can't modify them.  Even the base HDT Bodyslide body, which is necessary for those mods to work, doesn't show up, even when I copy/pasted the right folder into my main Bodyslide folder (I have a suspicion Mod Organizer considered them the same mod and just overwrote them, which sounds like it would be game-breaking anyway.)

When a new BS body is generated I am pretty sure it makes a nif overwrite and places it in the overwrite folder at the bottom of MO's left pane. Read the discussion on it a few pages back to make sure, though. But FNIS files and such get sent to overwrite as well.

From the FAQ page....

"- Get Bodyslide to work: Install it as usual. Note that if you look in it, you'll see no recognizable (by MO) data in it. Fuck it. Install it anyway. When you do, MO will give you the standard warning that there is "no game data on top level". Fuck that too. When it's installed, navigate the 'explorer' to the Bodyslide.exe, and add it as an executable. When you run it, it will overwrite the .nif files you chose to alter, so have a copy of your mod-to-be-altered beforehand."

And I know there was talk of it a few pages back. Sorry, I don't use BS myself so I am not 100% sure how to use it.

Ignoring those warnings is not recommended. The reason the designer of MO included the top data level warning because even a perfectly made mod will shaft your game if the mod isn't packaged correctly. Give me a link to this body slide mod and i'll repackage it properly then private message it to you. it takes less then a couple of minutes and it allows the mod to function properly so there's no point in ignoring it. 

He means that MO doesn't recognize CalienteTools as a proper sub-Data file, therefore it displays the error message, but that is irrelevant, you can't repack it and make MO recognize it as good because it won't unless MO 1.2.1 fixed that.

I have FNIS, LOOT, TES5Edit and Bodyslide all installed via MO. They all work, if a mod has no reckognised folder, ignore it. Once installed right click mod and click 'ignore missing data'. If you open the mod in explorer it will have a texture folder, made by MO to make the mod 'compliant'.

Add exe files via the left hand data folder and it will run inside the virtual folder and will 'see' the other mods.

The only requirement is to run MO as administrator and set the mod exe (bodyslide.exe for example) to run as administrator.

Yeah, did both of those, still no luck.  The only way I got it to work was to copy the folders from Mod Organizer's folder into Bodyslide's folder to make changes.

And it turns out Mod Organizer won't play nice with CBBE at all, giving your character a purple stripe instead of eyebrows, because it doesn't like the eyebrow pack.  Tried installing them manually, still didn't work.

While I appreciate some of Mod Organizer's features, it just doesn't do what I want it to do.  I'm sticking with NMM.

Yeah, did both of those, still no luck.  The only way I got it to work was to copy the folders from Mod Organizer's folder into Bodyslide's folder to make changes.

And it turns out Mod Organizer won't play nice with CBBE at all, giving your character a purple stripe instead of eyebrows, because it doesn't like the eyebrow pack.  Tried installing them manually, still didn't work.

While I appreciate some of Mod Organizer's features, it just doesn't do what I want it to do.  I'm sticking with NMM.

O_o Eh, if you tried installing them manually and it didn't work, how is it MO's fault?  I have CBBE installed along with around 700 mods installed.  If anything, CBBE bodyslide is the main body I use.  Check that the eyebrow textures aren't getting ovewritten by another mod or something in the Overwrite folder, and check that they are installed in the appropriate location.

@corespore:

Ignoring those warnings is not recommended. The reason the designer of MO included the top data level warning because even a perfectly made mod will shaft your game if the mod isn't packaged correctly. Give me a link to this body slide mod and i'll repackage it properly then private message it to you. it takes less then a couple of minutes and it allows the mod to function properly so there's no point in ignoring it. 

Don't you think I thought of that?

This is the first i've heard of MO not recognizing a mod...

That's because it does not have meshes, textures, or anything else MO would recognize. It's just an exe.

@ErikModi: CBBE is the only thing I've modified with BS, and I've never gotten a purple stripe. Something else caused it, and it dam sho wasn't MO. ;) MO doesn't make mistakes. Why do think I'm an Ordained Mod Organizer Evangelist?

May MO always guide and watch over you, for MO has love for all it's faithful children

Man+praying+with+hands+in+the+air.jpg

I am getting more and more annoyed with improperly packed mods. I mean gesh can't someone pack them correctly... Fine. I will repack and rework all you all mods each and every time. While I am at it I will break them apart into sections (parts of mods updated, optional. etc.) and install them separately as well. Dam you and your FMOD people. I don't need your scripts failing on me when trying to load a mod. I don't need to have to reload mods just to experiment with different features. With MO I just need to click and play baby.

Disclaimer:

No FMODs , textures, meshes, esp, esm or BSAs were permanently harmed in the process. ;)

I don't use installers. I always unpack mods and zip them up in their correct file path. No issues there. :P

Can you describe this in more detail please? I'm seriously considering starting over (and installing MO) and I would LOVE to have things prepared ahead of time.

Can you describe this in more detail please? I'm seriously considering starting over (and installing MO) and I would LOVE to have things prepared ahead of time.

Right. That's going in the Strategy Guide. ;)

Soooo...

To get rid of installers, you'll see a folder inside your extracted mod called fomod. Place that fomod folder in the Recycle Bin. Next, look at all of the folders. You'll have a textures folder, a meshes folder, scripts, .esp, .esm, .bsa, etc, etc inside. Usually you'll see folders by other names, like AwfulArchdemon armors, or AwfulArchdemon hair, with meshes and textures etc inside those. This means those folders counted as the "options" you get when you when you use the installer, shown on-screen as you decide what you want.

You likely want to read the mod's description where you downloaded it to see what all it has. When you see all the "options" folders, you want to pick the options you want, and make sure you don't use 2 folders that do the same thing.

For example: A mod might add a body, and you have the option to add a normal one, and a sweaty one. If you choose meshes/textures from both, you'll just screw up your game, or you'll overwrite one set of meshes/textures with the other.

You want the meshes/.esp/.esm/etc files to be the ones zipped up in a .rar/.zip to be installed to MO, so if you have options, you need to decide which folder to choose, and either merge the meshes/textures/ yada yada folders with the "main" file's meshes/yada folders, or you want to make a couple different versions of the mod by adding options from one set of folders to the main file's folders, and then making a mod out of the other options if you want to have a selection, and see what each is like, without having to remake the mod.

Don't delete the .rar/.zip file after you extract it. It's always a good idea to never get rid of the mod as it comes.

If you're talking about OBMM and FOMM style MODS, then you'll need OBMM/FOMM to extract the folders inside to a folder of your choosing, and create the file path for those files to be zipped up, and installed to MO.