The Creation Kit seemed to work fine, and the Bodyslide Output folder seems to be working well so far.  Still couldn't get Apachii Hair for NPCs and no Dark Face bug, so I just gave up on it, but I think that's more a problem with the mod itself than anything else (gods know I've had Dark Face cropping up seemingly randomly even after installing fixes and fixing it myself more times than I can count.)

So, my savegame crash issues are apparently because MO doesn't like it when I Bodyslide modify an armor I'm actually wearing (or, at least once, was wearing, removed, saved, modified, and loaded with intent to wear) without running FNIS every time.  Other than that, things are working quite well.

Did come across another interesting hiccup, though.  Running the Companions quest where you first find out the Circle are werewolves (spoilers), and Farkas didn't actually turn into a werewolf.  He just stood there a bit, then started beating up the Silver Hand with his fists.  Disabling the Moonlight Tales and Werewolf Mastery mods fixed this.

I tested with BOSS -- a very different load order and the "fix" looks the same.

So you sort everything manually? How? Do you check every ESM/ESP in TES5Edit?

Nope. I just use common sense. Knowing what each mod does is enough for me to know their load order. I just read what it does, it's prerequisites, look at the file paths (if it seems necessary), and arrange them. It's a variation of "winging it", but with prior investigation involved. Hypotheses.

I know, I was just mentioning LOOT as a reference to describe my distrust in anything telling me what my orders should be, mods or plugins. :P

I use Loot to do a "presort" .. check it with TESedit. Then go in and make any minor changes I desire afterwards based on my desire. Sometimes I get warnings that there are conflicts. If those  what I wanted sometimes like in weather mods as one mod don't cover other aspects however they need to be in a specific order to get it to work properly. That is the reason it is only a "tool" like TESedit and others. In the end modding is to complex for any one program to take over for the "human" element. Or in my case "Alien" one :D

On another note...

There are a lot of people here using MO for FNV and such. I tried. I kept getting CRC errors or something when trying to extract the mods into MO. Not to mention some serious questionable actions when using FOMM through MO as the files were randomly dropped into the data folder for no apparent reason. Has anyone else here had that problem? Is it possible it is something related to my computer or some other program interfering? Maybe a version of FOMM that is better and used by you guys/ gals. For the record it was in both 1.12 and the last 1.2.1 beta. The beta one was worse. When I got my first CRC error in the 1.1.2 I just shut down the game and will possibly go back to FOMM itself. :(

You can't extract them with FOMM? You do that outside of MO, right?

The Creation Kit seemed to work fine, and the Bodyslide Output folder seems to be working well so far.  Still couldn't get Apachii Hair for NPCs and no Dark Face bug, so I just gave up on it, but I think that's more a problem with the mod itself than anything else (gods know I've had Dark Face cropping up seemingly randomly even after installing fixes and fixing it myself more times than I can count.)

That stupid dark face bug! That damn problem has been around forever!

Curiously, using Hearthfire Aesthetics is making it so every face in my game looks right (for once). I even turned CotS back on after more than a year, and for the first time since I started using that mod ages ago, everyone looks fine. Glad I made HA now. I'll never have to worry about that stupid problem again. :cool:

That stupid dark face bug! That damn problem has been around forever!

Curiously, using Hearthfire Aesthetics is making it so every face in my game looks right (for once). I even turned CotS back on after more than a year, and for the first time since I started using that mod ages ago, everyone looks fine. Glad I made HA now. I'll never have to worry about that stupid problem again. :cool:

Ugh, I know!  I've been grappling with that ever since getting this game on PC!!!  It's the most annoying bug in the whole game, I swear!  Even game-breaking ones usually have fixes or workarounds, but it's all but impossible to get this Dark Face thing fixed and then make it stay that way!!  I'll have to look into this Hearthfires Aesthetics.

I use Loot to do a "presort" .. check it with TESedit. Then go in and make any minor changes I desire afterwards based on my desire. Sometimes I get warnings that there are conflicts. If those  what I wanted sometimes like in weather mods as one mod don't cover other aspects however they need to be in a specific order to get it to work properly. That is the reason it is only a "tool" like TESedit and others. In the end modding is to complex for any one program to take over for the "human" element. Or in my case "Alien" one :D

On another note...

There are a lot of people here using MO for FNV and such. I tried. I kept getting CRC errors or something when trying to extract the mods into MO. Not to mention some serious questionable actions when using FOMM through MO as the files were randomly dropped into the data folder for no apparent reason. Has anyone else here had that problem? Is it possible it is something related to my computer or some other program interfering? Maybe a version of FOMM that is better and used by you guys/ gals. For the record it was in both 1.12 and the last 1.2.1 beta. The beta one was worse. When I got my first CRC error in the 1.1.2 I just shut down the game and will possibly go back to FOMM itself. :(

You can't extract them with FOMM? You do that outside of MO, right?

My understanding of the tutorial is to use FOMM through MO. Like you do with FNIS. The resulting files installed in FOMM this way end up in the overwrites folder and then can be packaged up as a mod. This is a must from my understanding in regards to the HUD mods.

Ugh, I know!  I've been grappling with that ever since getting this game on PC!!!  It's the most annoying bug in the whole game, I swear!  Even game-breaking ones usually have fixes or workarounds, but it's all but impossible to get this Dark Face thing fixed and then make it stay that way!!  I'll have to look into this Hearthfires Aesthetics.

Requires XVC. I used Bagzerk's original mod when I made it. Can't vouch for any redone/reworked/remade/overhauled versions that may have come out since then.

My understanding of the tutorial is to use FOMM through MO. Like you do with FNIS. The resulting files installed in FOMM this way end up in the overwrites folder and then can be packaged up as a mod. This is a must from my understanding in regards to the HUD mods.

Well, if it's causing problems, try just extracting/packing outside of MO. Shouldn't need MO to do that, nor would I recommend it. If extracting and repacking as loose mods doesn't work, I'd be rightly confused. It's a Bethesda game, you know?

Well, if it's causing problems, try just extracting/packing outside of MO. Shouldn't need MO to do that, nor would I recommend it. If extracting and repacking as loose mods doesn't work, I'd be rightly confused. It's a Bethesda game, you know?

It is the hud mods that are causing me the trouble. They need to be installed one after another where they see the ones before installed to add to the xml files and such. I haven't tried it with the current version of MO yet. Could be something wrong with my computer as well. Something glitching or conflicting during the process.

The mod configuration menu does work for me when used FOMM through MO. The issue was the other HUD mods installed at the same time. Haven't tried the other two however DarNified is also a hud mod if I remember correctly. With HUDs. Order is king and in FNV they have to see each other which MO don't allow under normal circumstances. (overwrite folder needed there) 

I am not a fan of manual installation.. however I do have a few tricks to help those issues r/t manual installation. Just means more work on my part to get them "packed up ;)" so that they can easily be added and removed from FNV. When I started modding years ago manual installation was the only way to get some of the mods to work along with manually creating a archive invalidation txt file for the new files created. . ah those were the days. FYI.. don't "pack" sound files unless they are connected with an esm. Files "packed" that are sound with an esp don't seem to work properly. I don't get the conversations ( voice) . Haven't tried to figure it out and might be some limitation of the game engine. FYI.

With the above you can install them manually pretty easy and remove them as they are usually only two files. Esp and BSA. Of course sometimes there are extra options in esps but those are rare and in some cases can even be merged into the main esp as they aren't referencing anything else. (lowering the plugins used and keeping the plugin # low )

Thanks Corespore for the response. I thought I was loosing my mind when they didn't work properly that way. Don't know the reason but .. I can work with that. Most of the mods I will use outside of Sexout have rare to no updates any more so other than the huds (which is complex anyway) I should be able to pack them all up and manually install them with little issue. Any updates will likely be r/t esp/esm issues not the textures, meshes or sounds. Fortunately FNV don't have scripts outside of the esp../ esm.. :) So far the Sexout mods seem to load fine in MO. However the NVSE extender files end up dropping into the overwrite folder ( NVSE copies of saves much like what happens with SKSE).

i have an  issue with skyui. it won't recognize skse . All perfectly installed.already tried to copy files manualyl   with no luck.

If you're talking about installing SkyUI through MO, and it pops up an error about SKSE not being installed, it always does that. You might need to find a background window though -

wut. two updates out in a day? i wonder if it fixes the bug im having... 

Try it and see if it works. If the new version doesn't solve your problem, something else must be going on with your comp that's affecting your MO. Since no one else has this problem, it's near impossible to identify the cause. I've never heard of such a thing myself.

I WAS gonna suggest testing with an older version to see if the problem is still there, but it makes more sense to test the newest version, since new versions are coming out all the time now.

wut. two updates out in a day? i wonder if it fixes the bug im having... 

Try it and see if it works. If the new version doesn't solve your problem, something else must be going on with your comp that's affecting your MO. Since no one else has this problem, it's near impossible to identify the cause. I've never heard of such a thing myself.

I WAS gonna suggest testing with an older version to see if the problem is still there, but it makes more sense to test the newest version, since new versions are coming out all the time now.

hmm. im going to try to remove and reinstall it, but before i do, which files should i save before removing? i know it's 'profiles', 'mods' and 'overwrites', but is there anything else i should save?

@AshenWolf:

Nope. That's all you need. I have a question though: Do you use the installer?

@Contessa:

Yeah, I saw that too on Nexus. Shame to hear you're having problems with 1.2.6. You got me worried now. I'm using that one, but I've had no problems (never had any problems at all with any version). Here's hoping it stays that way.

I really hat to say it, but I almost want a problem to happen. When I use MO and get no problems, I think everything's okay, but then I see tons of odd problems everyone else is having, and I find myself confused. :P

@AshenWolf:

@Contessa:

Yeah, I saw that too on Nexus. Shame to hear you're having problems with 1.2.6. You got me worried now. I'm using that one, but I've had no problems (never had any problems at all with any version). Here's hoping it stays that way.

I really hat to say it, but I almost want a problem to happen. When I use MO and get no problems, I think everything's okay, but then I see tons of odd problems everyone else is having, and I find myself confused. :P

Don't get me wrong, I'm loving MO and it's already my favorite Mod Manager, I dunno. Mostly load order problems, like it will randomly tell me my load order needs fixing then it'll put the DLC and Unofficial patches in the middle of my installed mods list. Just a lot of strangeness with 1.2.6, hopefully a new version is released that fixes the SkyUI issue so I can update. :)

@AshenWolf:

yup, is it bad?

Not necessarily, but sometimes OS' give installers a hard time. Try to install manually (7z). I wonder if this is why I never had any problems. Even if the greatest modder in the world made an installer, I'd always install MO manually. I just had a lot of bad experiences with installers, and utterly gave up on them. It seems to have paid off.

[Disclaimer] I'm not saying no one should ever use installers. This is a "me thing". If they work fine for you, by all means use them. [/Disclaimer]

@AshenWolf:

@Contessa:

Don't get me wrong, I'm loving MO and it's already my favorite Mod Manager, I dunno. Mostly load order problems, like it will randomly tell me my load order needs fixing then it'll put the DLC and Unofficial patches in the middle of my installed mods list. Just a lot of strangeness with 1.2.6, hopefully a new version is released that fixes the SkyUI issue so I can update. :)

It puts your Unofficial Patches in the middle?? Like, not with the esm's? (Which is what the patches actually are)

Now that's freaky! I'm sorry to hear that. If I'd expect MO to get something right every time, it would definitely be the UP's. Yay MO? :D