is there a way to combine (no, i didn't mean merge) the mods and turn it into some sort of droplist? it'll be easier to navigate through 500+ mods. my MO happen to did that once by itself, but went back to normal and i have no idea how to get it back.

Bt1D6Bw.jpg

oh thanks.

1.2.8 runs ok here, not sure what the whole "it breaks SkyUI" issue is.

it runs ok if you untick the 'Have MO manage archives (read more)' in archives tab right panel

I have it ticked, I still see no issue O_o Should I be seeing something weird?

About SkyUI:

There have been many confirmations that MO breaks SkyUI. This is no longer an issue with 1.2.9, which I just posted on the OP. It is also confirmed that it does not do that to everyone. I'm not getting into all the details.

No reports of problems with the new version. If you have problems at all with 1.2.9, lemme know. I'm about to switch now.

Yay MO! :lol:

still no changes to my problem...

-corner-

If no version of MO is working right for you, including 1.2.9, it's not MO. Has to be something else. Don't know what to tell you. Wish I could help, but seriously, one of the many versions should certainly work for you. Still waiting for another member to report the same issue. That's a pretty crazy issue you have, especially considering installing a new mod is when the problem starts. If there's one thing I know isn't bugged, it's a simple mod installation.

You could report it to the tracker, or to Tannin on Nexus, but it's quite possible he'll end up telling you the same thing.

Tested with 1.1.2, 1.2.5,1.2.6,1.2.7,1.2.9, same skyui error 4.

default papyrus ini settings,getskseversion shows 1.7 skse..

That error isn't caused by MO, it's caused by SkyUI. Here: ski_main.rar

Put it in ModOrganizer\overwrite\scripts. If you don't have scripts folder there, make one.

Yay! Nexus is allowing the new MO to be downloaded again! Perhaps they had a change of heart? :P Didn't work 2 hours ago. Trying to get MO from Nexus is the only time I ever saw that "there was an error" screen before. I've always gotten a sliiiiightly more specific error before from dl'ing mods. Seems like it's attached strictly to the newest MO...

Do you think it's possible they disallow dl'ing the new MO because they want to check it for viruses first, because of that douche that uploaded a virus to MO that one time? I suppose it's possible. Seems likely.

Maybe they're just jealous that MO is superior to that shameful display called NMM.

Or that Nexus isn't the only download option. No page veiws for Nexus if you get it from either Sourceforge or The-site-that-shall-not-be-named.

Maybe they're just jealous that MO is superior to that shameful display called NMM.

Or that Nexus isn't the only download option. No page veiws for Nexus if you get it from either Sourceforge or The-site-that-shall-not-be-named.

lol I just call it SNA (*site not allowed*) on Nexus. If you sent Tannin a message saying you're from "SNA", he'd very likely know right away what that means by now. It's my quick-reference shorthand when we talk. :P

Hey, I can confirm that SkyUI isn't working for me with current MO :( I had to use NMM to properly install it because if I try to install it manually it also doesn't work either... ah well, SkyUI is a mod I can't live without (I'd be buggered if I try to play through Skyrim without it!) so I don't mind having it perma in my Skyrim folder if I ever need to delete all of mods for whatever reason.

Anyway, there's two - maybe three  questions about MO:

1) How would you get SoS to properly work with MO? I've installed it and all went fine, but when I tried to access to my character's setting to adjust type of penis/size, it won't load the option properly and I had to exit the Mod Settings to be able to use other options...

2) I'm also having problems with Wet or Cold as well; I installed it with MO without any problems but when trying to access to the settings for it it completely locks up and won't let me adjust any settings at all; and I don't think it works in-game either. My character gets instantly dry after getting out of water and I don't think the rain makes people wet at all :( 
3) Finally, how would you get FNIS work with MO? I've installed it without any problems as well, but when I've also installed creatures pack (I like to make bears do silly things) and SexAddicts (13a) and run FNIS program it doesn't pick up that there's SexAddicts and Creature pack at all. I assume it's due to them being in different folders rather than in one location, so should I move the mod files into same location as FNIS folder?

Sorry, first time using MO after using NMM for while as I was sick of mess with mod's data in my main Skyrim folder :P

Hey, I can confirm that SkyUI isn't working for me with current MO :( I had to use NMM to properly install it because if I try to install it manually it also doesn't work either... ah well, SkyUI is a mod I can't live without (I'd be buggered if I try to play through Skyrim without it!) so I don't mind having it perma in my Skyrim folder if I ever need to delete all of mods for whatever reason.

Anyway, there's two - maybe three  questions about MO:

1) How would you get SoS to properly work with MO? I've installed it and all went fine, but when I tried to access to my character's setting to adjust type of penis/size, it won't load the option properly and I had to exit the Mod Settings to be able to use other options...

2) I'm also having problems with Wet or Cold as well; I installed it with MO without any problems but when trying to access to the settings for it it completely locks up and won't let me adjust any settings at all; and I don't think it works in-game either. My character gets instantly dry after getting out of water and I don't think the rain makes people wet at all :( 

3) Finally, how would you get FNIS work with MO? I've installed it without any problems as well, but when I've also installed creatures pack (I like to make bears do silly things) and SexAddicts (13a) and run FNIS program it doesn't pick up that there's SexAddicts and Creature pack at all. I assume it's due to them being in different folders rather than in one location, so should I move the mod files into same location as FNIS folder?

Sorry, first time using MO after using NMM for while as I was sick of mess with mod's data in my main Skyrim folder :P

Very weird. How could you install it manually and it didn't work, but it worked with NMM? They're practically the same installation process. If it didn't work manually, I wouldn't expect it to work with MO either (or NMM).

Manually installing guarantees that a mod will work, unless another mod is using the same exact file path (rare in SkyUI's case), and therefore taking it's needed files out of the equation (if SkyUI's files are being overwritten, meaning the mod with the same file names was installed afterwards). Installing with MO is only different in that it does not put files in the actual Skyrim\Data directory, so any issues your SkyUI has will remain even with MO. This is why NMM shouldn't be operating it properly. NMM = manual, essentially.

Any errors when installing it to MO? Does the file path look like this in MO?:

post-111270-0-52898700-1404207791_thumb.jpg

Wet and Cold works for you on NMM? Manually?

FNIS is listed on the OP in the FAQ (in purple):

-Get FNIS to work:

For crying out loud, unzip FNIS to any folder, open the 'Data' folder inside, take out the 'tools' folder, and put it in the ...\Skyrim\Data folder, rename 'Data' to 'FNIS', and zip FNIS back up without the 'tools' folder. Install to MO. Add GenerateFNISforUsers.exe (in the 'tools' folder) as an executable.

To add it as an executable, enter the GenerateFNISforUsers.exe file path into the 'binary'.

post-111270-0-96049900-1404208056_thumb.jpg

post-111270-0-44903900-1404208466_thumb.jpg

Oops, sorry I was reading through opening post quick so missed that FNIS bit. It seems working perfectly now (it picked up the mods I've enabled on MO). 

As of SkyUI...

First I'd try to install it via MO; I get this despite me installing SKSE properly (granted, I didn't do it via MO but rather manually): wYd7roJ.png

Then when I ignored it just to see what the damage would be, it just simply tells me that SkyUI is "older" version and seems to potentially have lot of hidden files missing as it can't load up styles for each 'menu' thus converts back to original UI for me. I've tried reinstalling SKSE and SkyUI and still no go. I know manual and NMM would be same thing but I tried it just for sake of it anyway and manual way it wasn't still working (I did make clean save w/o SkyUI enabled) but I tried NMM again and it... just pretty much went through smoothly.

And yeah, mine has same setup as that SkyUI folder: m0Gx7PN.png

Will try installing Wet & Cold manually in bit as I'm going to play Skyrim in bit :)

EDIT: Oh dear, SkyUI is now broken... Though if I directly load SKSE from Skyrim folder rather than via MO SkyUI is working as it's meant to be, and I was able to use Wet & Cold fine there (I manually installed it there) whereabouts loading SKSE via MO it wouldn't. 

edit2: Here's example why SkyUI wasn't working for me http://i.imgur.com/hpa70NQ.jpg (1366x768 screenshot, hence link format)

Hi, this has probably been asked alot but...here it goes,

How can i install fomods with mod organizer?Is there any tutorial available anywhere?Thanks.

Oops, sorry I was reading through opening post quick so missed that FNIS bit. It seems working perfectly now (it picked up the mods I've enabled on MO). 

As of SkyUI...

First I'd try to install it via MO; I get this despite me installing SKSE properly (granted, I didn't do it via MO but rather manually): wYd7roJ.png

Then when I ignored it just to see what the damage would be, it just simply tells me that SkyUI is "older" version and seems to potentially have lot of hidden files missing as it can't load up styles for each 'menu' thus converts back to original UI for me. I've tried reinstalling SKSE and SkyUI and still no go. I know manual and NMM would be same thing but I tried it just for sake of it anyway and manual way it wasn't still working (I did make clean save w/o SkyUI enabled) but I tried NMM again and it... just pretty much went through smoothly.

And yeah, mine has same setup as that SkyUI folder: m0Gx7PN.png

Will try installing Wet & Cold manually in bit as I'm going to play Skyrim in bit :)

EDIT: Oh dear, SkyUI is now broken... Though if I directly load SKSE from Skyrim folder rather than via MO SkyUI is working as it's meant to be, and I was able to use Wet & Cold fine there (I manually installed it there) whereabouts loading SKSE via MO it wouldn't. 

edit2: Here's example why SkyUI wasn't working for me http://i.imgur.com/hpa70NQ.jpg (1366x768 screenshot, hence link format)

exactly what happened to me too. I've even converted all bsa(s) to loose files and deleted all conflicts wit skyui (loose). same error

mo 1.2.9 anywai i get error4.   imo error5  can be fixed converting skyui.bsa to loose

I have a question about my Override thingy. I checked it and most of the stuff in there is SKSE plugins and FNIS info. Is it safe to just leave it?

Also that automatic mod list order fix (the one that clearly says "BETA") is unreliable to say the least. If everything's working, is it safe to just ignore it? I click fix and it screws up my list majorly, moving DLC's and Unofficial patches randomly into the mess of my installed mods rather than on top where I thought they should be.

Still overall I like the new version, it's just those alerts are annoying.

Hi, this has probably been asked alot but...here it goes,

How can i install fomods with mod organizer?Is there any tutorial available anywhere?Thanks.

Here.. down the page a bit is the official instructions of use with FOMM.  Keep in mind the official rules ( last I checked) were to try to use MO first and only use FOMM when needed. one such case is HUD mods.

I have a question about my Override thingy. I checked it and most of the stuff in there is SKSE plugins and FNIS info. Is it safe to just leave it?

Also that automatic mod list order fix (the one that clearly says "BETA") is unreliable to say the least. If everything's working, is it safe to just ignore it? I click fix and it screws up my list majorly, moving DLC's and Unofficial patches randomly into the mess of my installed mods rather than on top where I thought they should be.

Still overall I like the new version, it's just those alerts are annoying.

Yes, provided that you are aren't using different profiles. I believe the SKSE will work with different profiles well however not sure on that matter. See the Overwrite folder is seen and used FIRST in each of the profiles you run. If you have something there like a configuration of FNIS with a mod in one profile that isn't used in another profile you can and will run into trouble.

The best practice is to "create mod" option. I name it the format " profile name - Overwrite" and before changing profiles I clean the overwrite folder and drag/drop the files that accumulate in the overwrite folder ( after first configuration likely only SKSE files) into this created mod. Change profile and play.

Yes there are individuals here that state keep the files there no harm will happen. It is advised in the STEPS thread to keep it clean ( Main concern is changing profile no real need to clean it each and every time you start the game.. :D) This is just in case one configuration of a file is different so that it won't affect the other games etc.

I always extract SkyUI to skyrim data folder not in MO.. works every time

GZEQK8U.jpg

You could eccentially do that with any esp/esm -BSA mod provided there is no other files included ( loose). If you wanted to remove the mod there are only two .. sometimes three or so files to remove if done manually. In SKYUI case there is a ESP/BSA combo. Easy to remove

I havent done this before because wasn't sure if MO would control those mods outside MO like those installed inside. (BSA priority and such) According to some of the post here it seems that it does.

Yea MO.

edit2: Here's example why SkyUI wasn't working for me http://i.imgur.com/hpa70NQ.jpg (1366x768 screenshot, hence link format)

post-111270-0-37089300-1404256595_thumb.png

Maybe you need to have FOMM installed, so you get the FOMM icon for the bsa files, instead of just a basic file icon. It's all I can assume at this point.

It seems I couldn't get an error if I tried, no matter the version. :P Not so easy to troubleshoot others' problems if I never ever get a single error on any version with any mod, even the ones being reported as "broken by MO"..

MO is good, but to me the best use is those mods with loose files. Anything with just an esp/esm and a bsa can be easily installed and uninstalled without MO. Although I do still use NMM, it's only useful function is offline mode to set a load order that's readable by TES5Edit.

There's nothing wrong with asking questions. You may need the NCC downgrade to allow some fo-mods to install correctly. You can get that at the optional downloads on the MO homepage

It should give you an install screen to follow, or simply say running external installer. The downgrade isn't installed in my MO, but installers work. I believe everything necessary has been integrated a few versions ago. Here's NCC:

post-111270-0-45182900-1404257653_thumb.jpg