I did force an error by stopping the installation. I then clean the temp folders and was able to reinstall it. I used CCleaner.

I am really not suppose to do this but I sent you a packaged version that I used and just re-verified does load. Please don't re-distribute this one. This is for testing.

Other than the error showned of the temp files your installation process should look like the pic uploaded.

I'm new to modding Skyrim and this tool seems a bit overwhelming to me at first. Am I correct to assume that I should simply install all of my mods via the MO "Install from archive" rather than my old Manual Ways? :P

I'm honestly just overwhelmed with the sheer amount of body mods with their eternal names in Skyrim, so if I can safely install and try out different things without worry of trashing my install then that is a Godsend.

I'm new to modding Skyrim and this tool seems a bit overwhelming to me at first. Am I correct to assume that I should simply install all of my mods via the MO "Install from archive" rather than my old Manual Ways? :P

I'm honestly just overwhelmed with the sheer amount of body mods with their eternal names in Skyrim, so if I can safely install and try out different things without worry of trashing my install then that is a Godsend.

Yup. No more manual installs. Just MO. You can do a great many things with MO. Tons of info on the first pages. In fact, I'd get rid of any manually installed mods you have now. Just zip them up, and install them as a mod to MO. Maybe even a fresh install of Skyrim, to be sure nothing can go wrong.

Yup, a fresh reinstall of Skyrim and only install mods with MO from now on. This will keep the Skyrim folder nice and squeaky clean. It's honestly worth the little effort there is in making the switch.

The good news is that if you've been manually installing then you already know a mod's proper folder structure, and that will come in handy with some mods that are packed funny and that MO doesn't like much. MO is basically a virtual /data/ folder. Anything that would go in /data/ goes into MO. And it assumes that MO is that folder so mods need to be set up with their folders all being below the /data/ level (no data folder in the mod's archive).

But MO can also download and install directly from Nexus, which is handy. And a 1000 other cool things, like having multiple profiles all using different mods and having their own saves and ini settings. :o

I'm pretty experienced in Manual Installs from Oblivion and Fallout 3/New Vegas. Skyrim seems like a bit of a different beast though so I'm just finding myself a bit muddled right now. Reading up on this tool seems like it's wonderful for testing the waters, see what works and what doesn't. Just between all these body options with weirdly convoluted names and everything my head is swimming. :D Profiles to test out whatever the heck I want without fear of ruining my install seems like just what I need.

Bodyslide: For sake of a clean skyrim AND a clean Mod Organizer install it outside of MO and copy files into MO. (ZIP generated files and install as Mod)

I don't know if it was solved, but Bodyslide overwrites meshes. (tested on MO v.1.1.2)

To explain this you need to visualize the virtual filesystem when starting BS in MO:

Bodyslide sees everything as it would be installed directly.

If you create some meshes they would land in overwrite because thats where NEW meshes are placed.

But if there is already a mesh (e.g: CBBE) loaded and it gets overwritten the new one (Body generaded via Bodyslide) ISN'T in Overwrite. It will be where the overwritten mesh is loaded from.

--> The generated mesh is in the CBBE Mod. This destroys the purpose of MO: A clean Skyrim install where you can just *plop* in mods.

Yeah, I kinda liked the old overwrite variation, where you could generate all assets for a custom outfit mod in the overwrite folder then zip it up as a personal, non-corruptible install. 

Currently shit going everywhere, into about 50 different mods, things have gotten a bit messy when BS2 and MO meet. 

though it would be cool, if you could pick the mod that all BS2 files generate into. Sort of a pseudo overwrite directory, but mod specific. 

Bodyslide: For sake of a clean skyrim AND a clean Mod Organizer install it outside of MO and copy files into MO. (ZIP generated files and install as Mod)

I don't know if it was solved, but Bodyslide overwrites meshes. (tested on MO v.1.1.2)

To explain this you need to visualize the virtual filesystem when starting BS in MO:

Bodyslide sees everything as it would be installed directly.

If you create some meshes they would land in overwrite because thats where NEW meshes are placed.

But if there is already a mesh (e.g: CBBE) loaded and it gets overwritten the new one (Body generaded via Bodyslide) ISN'T in Overwrite. It will be where the overwritten mesh is loaded from.

--> The generated mesh is in the CBBE Mod. This destroys the purpose of MO: A clean Skyrim install where you can just *plop* in mods.

Yeah, I kinda liked the old overwrite variation, where you could generate all assets for a custom outfit mod in the overwrite folder then zip it up as a personal, non-corruptible install. 

Currently shit going everywhere, into about 50 different mods, things have gotten a bit messy when BS2 and MO meet. 

though it would be cool, if you could pick the mod that all BS2 files generate into. Sort of a pseudo overwrite directory, but mod specific. 

There is a setting in Bodyslide's "Config.XML" file: Mine is like this:

<MeshOutputPath>G:\Mod Organizer\mods\Bodyslide 2 Output</MeshOutputPath>

It is disabled normally, best view the file with Notepad++. Uncomment it and set you path to a mod in Mod Organizer as you can see above. No overwrite in mods and no zipping and installing it. Generating inside MO is nice :D

I'm pretty experienced in Manual Installs from Oblivion and Fallout 3/New Vegas. Skyrim seems like a bit of a different beast though so I'm just finding myself a bit muddled right now. Reading up on this tool seems like it's wonderful for testing the waters, see what works and what doesn't. Just between all these body options with weirdly convoluted names and everything my head is swimming. :D Profiles to test out whatever the heck I want without fear of ruining my install seems like just what I need.

MO will give you what you are looking for. The files never enter the Skyrim folder except for SKSE or any tools like CK or TESedit5 of course. They have to be installed in the Skyrim folder. HINT. Items that are installed in the Skyriim folder "OUTSIDE" of the Data folder need to be installed manually. Anything " INSIDE" of the Data folder can be installed by MO. It is as simple as that.

If you totally screw up your mods list... you can delete that profile and move on. If you have a profile that you have worked on and really like the load order, mods and such you can copy it and give it a new name. cool if you want to play two sides of a story like the Dawnguard Quest. You can play both. Copy the same profile and play one side then move to the other profile and play the other. Cool huh?

In my sig there are some links to STEPs look at the third party instructions tab for info on how to configure the third party exes like CK and TESedit5. It is easy once you set it up. You will have to know how to do this if you use any animation mods like Sexlab. FNIS is needed and has to be run through MO to work properly.

Finally the "OVERWRITE" folder is nothing more than a catch all change. Any time a  mod adds something to the game and MO don't know where it goes it drops it into the Overwrite folder. You can simply click on the overwrite folder and create mod. Later drag and drop whatever ends up in that folder into this mod again before you change profiles. I use the naming structure PROFILENAME OVERWRITE or something similar. This way I don't activate it for other mods.

Relax, know that skyrim is protected and play around with it a bit. You will quickly get the hang of using it and soon be a pro.  As you can see this thread is very active with users and you will likley get a very quick response for most if not all issues that you will run into .. Most because we have already experienced those issues. ;)

sorry if this might have been asked but, how do i merge the mods without installing them directly to skyrim data files?

What are you using to merge them?

In most cases you'll want to add the "merger" to MO's executables list and point it at the mods in the MO mod folder.

sorry if this might have been asked but, how do i merge the mods without installing them directly to skyrim data files?

? You mean you want to combine mods together, or are you trying to use Wryebash? Merging mods can be done anywhere you want, but my Wryebash combines mods from within MO's mods folder.

If you're just merging them, see what file paths the mods take, and pack for MO accordingly.

You mean outside of MO? I just made a esp real quick, and went to overwrite. Why do you mention Data? Because it's where TES5Edit first takes you when you use it? Just browse to the mods folder inside the MO folder when merging. Aside from that, I've only really used Wrye Bash to merge mods.

Is there a mod order button where I can save my .esp list to a text doc or something so I can send it to someone else?

Go to wherever MO is installed (mine is actually in documents :o). In there you will find a folder called "profiles". In that folder choose the profile whose LO you want to see and there will be a file in there called "loadorder.txt".

Is there a mod order button where I can save my .esp list to a text doc or something so I can send it to someone else?

Go to wherever MO is installed (mine is actually in documents :o). In there you will find a folder called "profiles". In that folder choose the profile whose LO you want to see and there will be a file in there called "loadorder.txt".

That works also you can click on the left panel where the mod is an "open in explorer" option if memory serves me correctly and see the files. There you can copy the file and then paste it into a folder that you can send to a friend. Hell you can copy all the contents and then paste it into a folder and send to a friend. ;) This way you aren't messing around inside the MO folder.

anyone knows where I can locate the hdt.log?

its no long in the overwrite folder like before

Open windoes explorer.

Navagate to MO folder

in the search panel inter hdt.log

Let it search.

the results should show where that file went.

Chances are you moved it from the Overwrites folder when you moved other files. Likely in those folders.. I created a patch for that profile for my overwrite folder and it seems to work just fine. Add the files afterwards before moving to another profile.

That works also you can click on the left panel where the mod is an "open in explorer" option if memory serves me correctly and see the files. There you can copy the file and then paste it into a folder that you can send to a friend. Hell you can copy all the contents and then paste it into a folder and send to a friend. ;) This way you aren't messing around inside the MO folder.

Yup, that will work, too. I just suggested what I did since it's already in .txt format and ready to send via E-mail or whatever. It can even be attached to posts here on LL without messing with it at all.

MO's so nice and easy like that. GO MO! :lol:

Open windoes explorer.

Navagate to MO folder

in the search panel inter hdt.log

Let it search.

the results should show where that file went.

Chances are you moved it from the Overwrites folder when you moved other files. Likely in those folders.. I created a patch for that profile for my overwrite folder and it seems to work just fine. Add the files afterwards before moving to another profile.

gone :(

game always generate a new hdt log and put it inside overwrite folder everytime I launch skyrim

now only changes from FNIS for users, Tes5edit, and CK goes to overwrite folder

Don't know what to say about that. If you searched for it .. and it isn't there, and not being recreated... It might have been possible if you moved that record that MO is just updateing it where it is currently at. ...

Other steps might need to be done. I am not sure what that file is for. One of two options.

1) re-activated/re-install the mod that it is attached to

2) backup your mod folder and profiles folder and created a new MO install and move those two back into MO when done. this is only relevant if it is a MO record. I don't think this is the case as I don't remember having that record.

In any case copy MO folder just in case and back that up (complete Mo folder just in case)

Third thing is wait for some other big brained MO user that is familiar with this file and where it comes from to give advice.

Is this thing for real?  From a completely fresh install, I just threw on SkyUI, SKSE, UNPB, SOS, XP32, RaceMenu and some extra mods for it, Live Another Life, SexLab, and a few hair and texture mods and ran FNIS through MO and just started it up, figuring to just see what did and did not work and move on from there and EVERYTHING worked PERFECTLY.  This is like black magic.  I didn't have to try and remember what to and not to overwrite when putting UNPB, SOS and XP32 all together and then the XP32 / SOS compatibility mod.  I'm speechless.  I seriously thought this program was too good to be true.

I do still have to try and wrangle Immersive Animations and Dual Sheath Redux in, those are always the trickiest parts for me.  But if I literally just click click click click run and got all of that to work, I don't anticipate many problems.

I do have a problem in that SOS isn't showing up in the Mod Configuration Menu.  Any idea what's going on there?