I think I may have borked my install of Bodyslide. If I'm guessing correctly, the icon for the Bodyslide utility should appear in my executables list, but I'm only seeing a command prompt (that was my clue when I messed up installing FNIS a while ago).

After looking over the tutorials on the wiki, All it says is to install bodyslide normally. Sadly, as I'm brand new to this program, I don't think my idea of normally is the same. Does anyone know of a *stupidly* detailed walkthrough on installing bodyslide with MO?

I'm sure it's some really stupid and obvious thing I'm missing, but I'm really a complete noob with this program. Any help or advice would be really appreciated, and feel free to point at me and laugh. I can take it :blush:

No Game Data on Top Level.

At that point I don't know what I am suppose to do, I just don't get it.

Install, select manual. you see the folders as they show up for install. right click on the data folder you need in that folder. You will see  " Set Data Directory" click on that and

Done.

I see the upside of MO but I will be honest I find it a hell of a lot more confusing to use than NMM ever was.

Good you do see the upside of MO. It is a bit more confusing to start. I consider this the trade off considering how much more power you have over your mods. Give it time and don't give up. You will get it and when you do .. you will be glad you stuck around to use it. If you want you can still use NMM I hear to install some of the mods. I believe they then end up in the Overwrite folder and then you can "create mod" out of the items.

I think I may have borked my install of Bodyslide. If I'm guessing correctly, the icon for the Bodyslide utility should appear in my executables list, but I'm only seeing a command prompt (that was my clue when I messed up installing FNIS a while ago).

After looking over the tutorials on the wiki, All it says is to install bodyslide normally. Sadly, as I'm brand new to this program, I don't think my idea of normally is the same. Does anyone know of a *stupidly* detailed walkthrough on installing bodyslide with MO?

I'm sure it's some really stupid and obvious thing I'm missing, but I'm really a complete noob with this program. Any help or advice would be really appreciated, and feel free to point at me and laugh. I can take it :blush:

I haven't used body slide before so I can only go so far. ..

If it is installed correctly and just need to be accessed by MO then don't worry about the executives. If it sint' there or the wrong link is there remove that reference. Open up the same panel type "Bodyslide' in the top entry. On the second entry (named Binary) find the actual program you want and then click Modify etc. then close. Then the bodyslide executable can be seen in the drop down by the run button. You can actually do this with almost any other program but I advise against it unless you really know what you are doing.

The best way to install it is a different matter that will need to be answered by someone familiar with the program.

It not being there isn't an issue you can make a reference using the above instructions.

I haven't used body slide before so I can only go so far. ..

If it is installed correctly and just need to be accessed by MO then don't worry about the executives. If it sint' there or the wrong link is there remove that reference. Open up the same panel type "Bodyslide' in the top entry. On the second entry (named Binary) find the actual program you want and then click Modify etc. then close. Then the bodyslide executable can be seen in the drop down by the run button. You can actually do this with almost any other program but I advise against it unless you really know what you are doing.

The best way to install it is a different matter that will need to be answered by someone familiar with the program.

It not being there isn't an issue you can make a reference using the above instructions.

Bodyslide: For sake of a clean skyrim AND a clean Mod Organizer install it outside of MO and copy files into MO. (ZIP generated files and install as Mod)

I don't know if it was solved, but Bodyslide overwrites meshes. (tested on MO v.1.1.2)

To explain this you need to visualize the virtual filesystem when starting BS in MO:

Bodyslide sees everything as it would be installed directly.

If you create some meshes they would land in overwrite because thats where NEW meshes are placed.

But if there is already a mesh (e.g: CBBE) loaded and it gets overwritten the new one (Body generaded via Bodyslide) ISN'T in Overwrite. It will be where the overwritten mesh is loaded from.

--> The generated mesh is in the CBBE Mod. This destroys the purpose of MO: A clean Skyrim install where you can just *plop* in mods.

I think I may have borked my install of Bodyslide.

If I'm guessing correctly, the icon for the Bodyslide utility should appear in my executables list, but I'm only seeing a command prompt (that was my clue when I messed up installing FNIS a while ago).

After looking over the tutorials on the wiki, All it says is to install bodyslide normally. Sadly, as I'm brand new to this program, I don't think my idea of normally is the same.

Does anyone know of a *stupidly* detailed walkthrough on installing bodyslide with MO?

Stupidly detailed eh? How's this:

Unzip, and run.

Pretty stupid? :P

Mine's in my Skyrim folder.

If the exe isn't running properly through your system registry, open the config.xml, and edit the file path. Delete the comments in the left/right carrots (</>), and add the missing file path info (C:\Games\Steam\SteamApps\common\Skyrim\Data OR common\Skyrim\Mod Organizer\mods). It replaces the mesh you choose when you alter it and export the new meshes you made, so keep a backup of your mod-to-be-altered. In fact, keep a backup of every damn thing. ;) It's the only reason I managed to survive NMM.

If something goes wrong, let me know, and if it's an error msg, please tell me what error you got.

MO be with you. :sleepy:

I think I may have borked my install of Bodyslide.

If I'm guessing correctly, the icon for the Bodyslide utility should appear in my executables list, but I'm only seeing a command prompt (that was my clue when I messed up installing FNIS a while ago).

After looking over the tutorials on the wiki, All it says is to install bodyslide normally. Sadly, as I'm brand new to this program, I don't think my idea of normally is the same.

Does anyone know of a *stupidly* detailed walkthrough on installing bodyslide with MO?

Stupidly detailed eh? How's this:

Unzip, and run.

Pretty stupid? :P

Mine's in my Skyrim folder.

If the exe isn't running properly through your system registry, open the config.xml, and edit the file path. Delete the comments in the left/right carrots (</>), and add the missing file path info (C:\Games\Steam\SteamApps\common\Skyrim\Data OR common\Skyrim\Mod Organizer\mods). It replaces the mesh you choose when you alter it and export the new meshes you made, so keep a backup of your mod-to-be-altered. In fact, keep a backup of every damn thing. ;) It's the only reason I managed to survive NMM.

If something goes wrong, let me know, and if it's an error msg, please tell me what error you got.

MO be with you. :sleepy:

OH, if you use BS it will overwrite the files already there and these files won't show up in the Overwrites folder because they already exsist in the main game.. Correct?

Since MO presents the same mods to the game the changes to the files will be through all the profiles .. correct. Can't really run different BS profiles unless you run a new one each time unlike the FNIS. ...

If so Cool. I can plan accordingly. (If I start using BS that is. ) (Currently loading lighting mods, weapons, quests, Sexlab mods, and then some EMB mods. Later I will start with the complex bodies and their armors. Taking lots of time testing and all but MO has helped all the way with simple fixes when things go wrong. ) YEA MO!!!!:)

^

Correct. It's as simple as making a copy of the mod first, and using one for editing, or just un/reinstall the mod if you want the old meshes back. You could also rename the old meshes from yadayada.nif to yadayada_orig.nif or something, so the old ones won't be used, and the new ones will, and then take the new ones out and name the original nifs back to yadayada.nif when you want the old ones back.

I suggest making all your new nifs at once, and placing them aside, or use them, and place the other ones aside. I also recommend (if you're up to it) putting your new nifs in a file path folder series, and installing them as a mod, so those nifs will be read second (place after the original mod in the LO), and thus will use those nifs instead. That way, the old mod is untouched, but obviously, you'll still need a copy of the mod you're working with.

Lots of stuff you can do. I suppose I should put that info in the Strategy Guide too.

Yay MO! :lol:

New Beta 1.2.1 released
This version fixes a couple of bugs that came up in the 1.2.0 release. External installer should work again and the integrated sort should work even if you didn't run the regular loot before.
Also: the game should start up faster now. For a complete list of changes, please check out the changelog.

Please note: Since this release is a beta the updater inside MO will not be active. You have to update manually. If you don't know how just wait for a regular release.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Aaaaaaw shit! :) New version! Go Tannin! It's on the OP.

^

Correct. It's as simple as making a copy of the mod first, and using one for editing, or just un/reinstall the mod if you want the old meshes back. You could also rename the old meshes from yadayada.nif to yadayada_orig.nif or something, so the old ones won't be used, and the new ones will, and then take the new ones out and name the original nifs back to yadayada.nif when you want the old ones back.

I suggest making all your new nifs at once, and placing them aside, or use them, and place the other ones aside. I also recommend (if you're up to it) putting your new nifs in a file path folder series, and installing them as a mod, so those nifs will be read second (place after the original mod in the LO), and thus will use those nifs instead. That way, the old mod is untouched, but obviously, you'll still need a copy of the mod you're working with.

Lots of stuff you can do. I suppose I should put that info in the Strategy Guide too.

Yay MO! :lol:

Ok I see. I can install the bodies of choice etc keep a backup (in the downloads folder of the original) Run BS and then open the files in MO (through explorer ;) ) zip the files up into a mod. Name it ModVariant# etc. or whatever. Then I can install and uninstall the mods as needed. drop this new ModVariant# in the downloads folder and install.

This is an assumption since the original files of the mod(s) will be overwritten in MO's files. If you zip up the files in the installed mod list you would then have a customized BS mod. If my Green Head is getting all this correctly.

Question for the experts here.

TESedit. If used in a profile does it change the mods universally across the profiles or is it  profile specific.

Or otherwise stated. I cleaned the masters as instructed and according to Gopher. Now those are outside of MO so they are probably universal. The question is if I then start to clean mods that are inside of MO are they profile specific.

Also I asked on Ashal page however the unofficial patches everybody states is a must, do they have to be cleaned and if so how. (just choose the patch, the DLC and update/skyrim esm? )

should i instal finis with MO, or straight into the skyrim folder?

can i run finis generator in each profile? will it remain true, or do i need to run it each time i change profile?

You can repack the FNIS mods so MO will take them. MO doesn't like the NMM format they come in. A page or two back I repacked the newest versions for MO installation. Just place the .exe files into /Skyrim/data/tools/ like normal, install the rest of the mod in a MO-friendly file structure, then set the .exe for the FNIS as an executable inside of MO.

You can even manually install FNIS into the Skyrim/data directory as well. As long as the .exe is set as an executable it will still work.

When you run the FNIS generator it will place the new files into MO's "overwrite" folder (at the bottom of the left pane). You can run it then make a pseudo mod out of it. If you name it after your character/profile then you know which it belongs to and just be sure it's activated for that profile.

I just run FNIS each time I change profiles. That works, too. If all the profiles run the same FNIS-reliant mods you shouldn't have to run it each time you change profiles or make a pseudo mod from it, although I haven't tested that.

I think this is the working, re-packed version of the newest FNIS. You'll need to unzip it, move the .exe files to the /Skryim/data/tools/ folder, zip it back up, install it with MO then set the .exe for users as an executable binary. (I haven't tested this, just installed it, since my older version is all working so perfectly I'm scared to upgrade :lol:). It the FNIS core, spells and creature pack all in one folder (all the .esp files are in there of course).

TESedit. If used in a profile does it change the mods universally across the profiles or is it  profile specific.

• universal

The question is if I then start to clean mods that are inside of MO are they profile specific.

• goes to 'overwrite'; not profile specific

should i instal finis with MO, or straight into the skyrim folder?

can i run finis generator in each profile? will it remain true, or do i need to run it each time i change profile?

I installed FNIS manually.

Selected the data folder as the "set data directory" option with a right click in the manual panel that pops up. I make sure the Name I want to use is in the top "Name" section. Helps me keep the versions organized and realize when I need an update. Select "OK" when all is good.

Set up FNIS for use through MO:

I use the downward arrow besides the "run" button.

Select the "edit" button The "Modify Executables" panel opens

In title I type "FNIS"

IN the Binanary I click on the "..." button and navigate to the FNIS exe where it was loaded.

Click on it.

click "ADD" Then click close.

The file can be found in the MO folder inside the  "MOD" folder, under "Tools" select the Users folder there.

FNIS and profiles.

Run it each and every time you fiddle with the mods before you start a game. Won't break anything if you don't. Just won't have animation in game.

Helpful Hint. I create a folder inside the profile for that profile and use the "create mod" option to hold all the extra files from the Overwrite folder and keep it clean. I use the ProfileName Overwrite naming to keep the various mods separate. Useful in the future. I plan on using this also for any bashed patches and such.

Now if you are using the same mods, same setup, same everything except different profiles. Don't do the above. Not needed. Can do it yes. I do this because I am messing with my mods and using different mods in different profiles and still setting and testing my mods before I settle down with my "best list" of mods I want. If that is the case run it when you change anything that is related to animations. again Won't break anything but you just won't have animation.

@RC:

TES5Edit cleans the info inside the 'mods' folder. That means each mod will remain that way until you un/reinstall the mod. The only thing that is profile specific is FNIS, because it reads what is active on that profile, and copies files from that group to it's own directory. That info is only "universal" because it's in 'overwrite', and the info from overwrite is used all the time, on every profile.

If we want that to change, we would need MO to provide each profile with it's own profile-specific overwrite folder, which has yet to happen. It would solve the FNIS overwrite thing, but no idea if Tannin's gonna do something like that.

Thanks, however I have seen somewhere. don' t have the link where TAnnin was explaining the reason and it was above my head. At that time he wasn't going to create separate profiles. Cool so very cool. I can clean to my hearts content and if I screw up just reload the mod from the downloads section. Fresh and clean again.. Yea MO!! :D

An other thing that might be nice is the ability to install into the main folder as well. No need to have external installers for SKSE etc. (also might help with the management of other non Fallout Skyrim mods.)

so.... skyui keeps throwing "incompatible menu file" at me.

neither of the solutions in the skui troubleshooting page are applicable.

i have installed 'skyui away'

read somewhere else i should "unpack bsa file' is this correct and should i do it for every mod i instal?

read somewhere else i should "unpack bsa file' is this correct and should i do it for every mod i instal?

There are a number of posted SkyUI errors out there, but I haven't heard of that one. I use normal SkyUI. Have you tried that one to see if you get the same warning? Did you see anything wrong with the MCM in-game? Did you check TES5Edit to see if it gives a more specific answer, or look at your papyrus_0.log? You might need to post that log when asking for help on SkyUI's thread, but be mindful of what mods you have listed in your report when posting on Nexus.

If you don't plan on altering any of your mods yourself, you might as well just say 'No' when asked to unpack bsa's.

Not necessary Info here. Bottom of page under BSA's.

With MO, BSAs checked in the BSA tab are treated exactly as if they were loose files. That means their priority depends solely on the mod priority order and not on the plugin load order. If a BSA is not checked in the BSA tab but its corresponding plugin is active, the BSA shall be loaded, but in default plugin load order conflict resolution. Any checked BSAs will override any unchecked BSAs. Checking a BSA in the BSA tab turns the conflict resolution for that BSA to act like loose files.

Been there asked that.. lol :)

just for the record...

the issue was with 'skyui away'... apparently the errors are expected... turn off file checking in skyui mcm

Repack the installation and it should work just fine. (:

Something like SkyUI_4_1-3863-4-1 / Data / files