Summe's Quintessential Guide to NSFW Stellaris - (3.9.1+)

Just a few more points that maybe could be added:

- LV Extras needs Gigastructural Engineering. While it does say so on the mods download page, maybe consider mentioning it here too, just for the sake of completeness (and therefore, by proxy, UI Overhaul Dynamic)

- Sexy Xenos itself still works perfectly fine, it's just the mods that come with it on the same download page that cause the game to crash. There are also compatibility patches for stuff like Vanilla Framework

- Colorful Galaxy needs a snuff warning. It doesn't say so anywhere (at least, not in a language I can read, idk about the Chinese Steam pages) and some of scenes are seemingly unavoidable. Just so that noone else has to abandon a game midway through because it got too annoying, please consider putting a warning in the post.

- SE Restyled has some exposed breasts for female humanoids if you install the Plusplus patch on this site.

- Starchild's LV Expansion still works and could maybe be included in the list, too, however, Stellaris' pop system is..... 'interesting in terms of performance' to say the least and when you combine the feminization policies/projects from this mods with enough other, less than optimized, pop-intensive mods (looking at you, ACOT), it can cause the game to lag excessively every year, up to the point where it just crashes. So while LV Expansion is probably worth being added to the list, a small warning alongside it would be appropriate.

- Stellaris wants to have two descriptor files and a lot of mods only come with one. So the procedure usually includes:

- If it comes with the descriptor.mod, put the folder that it is contained in into your mod folder. Then copy said descriptor.mod, open it with notepad and add a line with 

path="path/to/where/folder/with/descriptormod/is/"

at the bottom.

- If it comes with <mod_name>.mod, put that and the folder named <mod_name> that should be directly next to it into the mod folder. Then copy <mod_name>.mod, paste it into /<mod_name>, rename it to descriptor.mod and delete the line inside it that starts with path=

- Steamcmd is a useful tool for downloading steam mods to a place where they won't get automatically updated (Steam itself has no way to rollback workshop items, so if any of the mods get updated to a game version higher than what you wanna play, youre screwed otherwise). Just install it and set steamcmd/steamapps/workshop/content/281990 as Stellaris' mod folder. Then open it, type in "login anonymous" (without the quotes) and then "workshop_download_item 281990 <item_id_from_workshop_url>" ("workshop_download_item 281990 1121692237" for Gigas for example) for each mod you want.

Edited by MingCR
On 12/11/2022 at 3:43 PM, MingCR said:

Just a few more points that maybe could be added:

- LV Extras needs Gigastructural Engineering. While it does say so on the mods download page, maybe consider mentioning it here too, just for the sake of completeness (and therefore, by proxy, UI Overhaul Dynamic)

- Sexy Xenos itself still works perfectly fine, it's just the mods that come with it on the same download page that cause the game to crash. There are also compatibility patches for stuff like Vanilla Framework

- Colorful Galaxy needs a snuff warning. It doesn't say so anywhere (at least, not in a language I can read, idk about the Chinese Steam pages) and some of scenes are seemingly unavoidable. Just so that noone else has to abandon a game midway through because it got too annoying, please consider putting a warning in the post.

- SE Restyled has some exposed breasts for female humanoids if you install the Plusplus patch on this site.

- Starchild's LV Expansion still works and could maybe be included in the list, too, however, Stellaris' pop system is..... 'interesting in terms of performance' to say the least and when you combine the feminization policies/projects from this mods with enough other, less than optimized, pop-intensive mods (looking at you, ACOT), it can cause the game to lag excessively every year, up to the point where it just crashes. So while LV Expansion is probably worth being added to the list, a small warning alongside it would be appropriate.

- Stellaris wants to have two descriptor files and a lot of mods only come with one. So the procedure usually includes:

- If it comes with the descriptor.mod, put the folder that it is contained in into your mod folder. Then copy said descriptor.mod, open it with notepad and add a line with 

path="path/to/where/folder/with/descriptormod/is/"

at the bottom.

- If it comes with <mod_name>.mod, put that and the folder named <mod_name> that should be directly next to it into the mod folder. Then copy <mod_name>.mod, paste it into /<mod_name>, rename it to descriptor.mod and delete the line inside it that starts with path=

- Steamcmd is a useful tool for downloading steam mods to a place where they won't get automatically updated (Steam itself has no way to rollback workshop items, so if any of the mods get updated to a game version higher than what you wanna play, youre screwed otherwise). Just install it and set steamcmd/steamapps/workshop/content/281990 as Stellaris' mod folder. Then open it, type in "login anonymous" (without the quotes) and then "workshop_download_item 281990 <item_id_from_workshop_url>" ("workshop_download_item 281990 1121692237" for Gigas for example) for each mod you want.

I added most of the suggestions

I hate to ask this here, but are there any other NSFW modding sites with Stellaris content, like Lover's Lab?

I'm not interested in abandoning the site or anything like that. LL is great. I just don't know of any others outside of the Nexus (not really nsfw) and F95Zone (not great for mods).

So I'm not sure if LL is just the best one out there or the only decent one out there, or my knowledge is just very limited.

Edited by TNG

I have done patches in the SSX thread to get it up to running to current version. (At least there hasn't been any issues sense 3.4 that have been reported on beyond the load order crash?)

Honestly the annoying part about continued maintaining of that mod is I'm unable to change much about the mod due to it doing some pretty dirty overrides of default files that cause issues and trying to get the mod to perform similar to how it was when the original mod owner decided to take a break.

I've mostly been waiting on @Toronam to give permission for new ownership to someone else as it has left me unsure where I should post any updates to the mod beyond the original thread.

11 hours ago, XMidnightX said:

im pretty sure at current Colorful Galaxy is completely incompatible with Stellaris, unless there is some sort of trick to getting it to work.

It's marked as incompatible on Steam, but I'm using it in my current game and haven't run into any incompatibilities yet.  The English translation is far from complete, though.  I mostly get the gist of things by searching in the localization files for event IDs, and pasting the Chinese text into google translate.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 1/21/2023 at 4:45 AM, coldheartzero said:

Colorful Galaxy works, but as mentioned the translation is,,, bad and incomplete.

Also, I think Steam recognizes that it shouldn't be posted but won't touch it because they don't want to be branded as racist by their Chinese over lords. (the reason for the incompatible tag)

Welp the mod got banned from steam (the pictures and text pack) and I didn't save it :c

Shirolog is updating 'Mango's Lewd Diplomacy' in the comments, latest version is found here.

EDIT: he hasn't touched the patches, so compatibility is questionable. He did mention that it changes less vanilla stuff, but its till does to some extent.

Edited by indolu