[mod] Tentaseed ver 0.1

Tentaseed ver 0.1

I had two issues while playing with Lustful Void (Don't get me wrong, I love that mod. Go Lithia<3!):

First was that using the tentacle world origin mean that you had to do quite a bit of research to unlock the ability to make more tentacle worlds (you need terrestrial sculpting to terraform.)

Second was that once you unlocked the techs you would just click on a planet a say "here's energy, be tentacles." then wait for a bar to fill up.

Which didn't make sense to me. How could tentacles cover a planet without mostly-willing women to reproduce with?

So I brutally cut apart dlc and mod files and glued them together into a Frankenstein-worthy abomination made this mod.

In it's current state it adds a Tentacle Seeder building that requires the LV tech Tentacle World Creation. Once upgraded to level 4, it will transform the world into a Tentacle World before deleting itself. 

Future plans include:

• Jobs! Currently the building only needs base game rare resources and energy. I eventually want it to give job slots that don't do much other than produce a unique resource that is required to upgrade the building to later stages. Also I plan to reduce the build/upgrade time so it's more about waiting for the jobs to produce things rather than wait for building to finish.
  • Better graphics! Maybe. I have very little artistic skill and less drive to improve it.
  • Maybe removing the ability to terraform planets into tentacle worlds without using this building?

Note that this mod very much needs LV installed to work. I don't know what would happen if you ran it without LV. All the testing I did was with UI Overhaul Dynamic, LV version 0.6.8, nobody's LV patch version 0.6, and this mod, in that order, with game version 3.5.2. It shouldn't interfere with other mods? Hopefully?

• Submitter
  • Submitted
    10/06/2022
  • Category
  • Requires
    Lustful Void

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
On 11/7/2022 at 6:58 PM, Bloodly said:

Now, imagine a Criminal version of this building as a holding(Hostile terraforming), or an Overlord holding.

I probably could. I just don't really see the reason to do so. For criminal at least. You'd be handing someone who probably doesn't like you that much an extremely powerful planet. If the AI knew how to use it properly. (They might, it just I tend to play with an absolute crapton of mods, so the AI's brain is probably fried.)

As for the overlord bit, mostly the same issue. I don't trust the AI to be able to use the planet type correctly. I might add it just in case someone wants to use this in a multiplayer game, assuming my muse hits me with the motivation club again.

• 3 months later...
  • 7 months later...

Great mod! I made a few modifications locally for my own preferences, see attached file.
- Made final stage take terrestrial sculpting (it's a T2 tech with 0 prerequisites, not too difficult to get in the first 20 years)

- To balance this out, Habitability bonus (tier 1/2/3/4) up from 0/10/20/- to 0/20/40/-

- Now costs food like other tentacle stuff.

- Increased T3 exotic gas cost and maintenance

- Instead of pop growth speed, gives LV breeder jobs

Full changelog:

Build cost (tier 1/2/3/4) from 1500 energy credits and 0/50/50/50 exotic gases to 500 energy credits, 1000/1500/2000/2500 food, 0/50/100/100 exotic gases
Maintenance cost from 20/20/20/0 energy credits and 0/1/1/0 exotic gases to 5 energy credits, 10/20/30/40 food, 0/1/2/2 exotic gases

Habitability bonus up from 0/10/20/- to 0/20/40/-
Removed pop growth speed bonus
Now gives 2/3/4/- breeder jobs

Final phase requires terrestrial sculpting.

TS_buildings.txt