[mod] Hentai game portrait mod

Hentai game portrait mod

All I did was update the old file for the new version (thanks @JerichoAzariah). I booted up the game and the portraits show up so it seems to work.

8 portrait groups from hentai games in one species. All female. Seems to work.

Included:

• Bishop / various x 210
  • Milk Factory / derauea x 120
  • Eiyuu Senki x 79
  • Empress / Seishoujo x 126
  • Miel / Ishii Akira x 258
  • Rance 10 x 419
  • Taimanin RPGX x 256
  • Erectlip / Takahashi Record x 47
  • Random fantasy games / Aoi Nagisa, Akagi Rio, Huracan, Pizza, Hikage Eiji, Hormone Koijirou, Neromashin, Sian x 122
  • "All in one" x a lot

Old version:

Spoiler

I put some character CGs into a thing for personal use

• Says its for 2.27 cause I don't know what makes a portrait mod good for one version and bad for another. It's probably fine?
  • I didn't touch the generated files but the game starts so it seems to work
  • I don't understand what the mod files do so if something is broken it would be great if someone could let me know

Species included:

• Eiyuu Senki
  • Evinicle
  • Bishop / Akagi Rio
  • Erectlip / Takahashi Record
  • Milk Factory / derauea
  • Butcha-U
  • Atelier Kaguya / Choco-Chip
  • Lune / Huracan
  • Empress / seishoujo
  • Rance X
  • Taimanin RPGX
  • "All in one"

• 3 weeks later...

So I've finally had a look at this.

Let me say you've done a fine job with framing and cropping and the like.  No complaints there.

But I don't know about the species organization, or lack thereof.  I get that you've organized by games or publishers, but that leads to a wide visual variety within one "species" that feel like its just disorganized.

Take the Asagi portraits, for example - at least, I think that's what they are...  Other than art style, Phenotype 5 has almost nothing to do with, say, Phenotype 23 (which, now that I look at it, is cropped weird on the right edge, but whatever). 

I would rather see, for example, the more machine-like ones as their own (machine) species, namely 29, 30, 47, 48, 57, 58, 61, 62, 67, 68, 73, 74, 77, 78, 97, 98, 181, 182, 217, 218 - you could probably pass a few others as machine-types too.  I am using that one as an example, because I don't know the names of anything else, but I see some plausible machine-types in the other pics as well. 

In short, what I'm saying is, I think thematic consistency is far more important the origin.

On 7/18/2019 at 12:37 AM, snarfies said:

I would rather see, for example, the more machine-like ones as their own (machine) species, namely 29, 30, 47, 48, 57, 58, 61, 62, 67, 68, 73, 74, 77, 78, 97, 98, 181, 182, 217, 218 - you could probably pass a few others as machine-types too.  I am using that one as an example, because I don't know the names of anything else, but I see some plausible machine-types in the other pics as well. 

In short, what I'm saying is, I think thematic consistency is far more important the origin.

I'm not 100%, but there are some games where otherwise human looking girls are actually androids or cyborgs. I cannot say if any of these girls are either, as I've only played a few of them, but if anyone knows if one is, they can probably be added as a machine empire too.

• 2 months later...
41 minutes ago, JadsonTang said:

not showing up in the mod list after the 'forced' installation of paradox launcher for game version 2.4

That happened to a lot of mods from what I'm aware. Honestly, I would just recommend downgrading to 2.3.3 until they improve the new launcher. 

On 10/19/2019 at 12:48 PM, Cmdpuretide said:

yea so i can't see it in the new shitty launchers so how do i downgrade it or is their some way people have got this mod to work?

I got it to work by changing

tags = {
   Species
   Leaders
}

to

tags = {
   "Species"
   "Leaders"
}

In the HCGPortrait MOD file

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 4/9/2020 at 3:26 PM, Dagome_Iudex said:

A great adition, especially when making custom empires. 

However, I will request you add a name list to the mod. Having species pop up without a name to them is incredibly frustrating. 

I added a species_names file if thats what you meant? Or does it need a localisation file?