1 hour ago, spicydoritos said:

I think all tentacle types call the same animations, so I suppose my XML would also make "friendly" tentacle encounters count as aggressive.  So beware if that outcome is not desired.  For CM, the formlist uses the tentacle race itself, which all tentactle types use.

This is the idea, yes.  In practice, the tentacles themselves spawn with a 5 second delay imposed by Animated Tentacles.  I'm going to have to work around it at some point.  Kinda defeats the purpose of the distance setting if the player has time to run away regardless.

If I recall correctly, a human actor at 1.0 scale is 128 units tall.

Thanks for all the info! I really appreciate it!

By the way, another (ultra-tiny) annoyance regarding these tentacles... Sex Education doesn't count the tentacle scenes properly (in SexEd history). I'll try to patch it out, just keeping this as a heads up for other players.

1 hour ago, rubber_duck said:

Sex Education doesn't count the tentacle scenes properly (in SexEd history).

Tentacles won't appear in the in-game SexEd messagebox because they're not a vanilla race.  However, they'll show up in the papyrus log output if you use that debug option.  Experience gains/losses will work regardless.

Spoiler

ScreenShot626.thumb.jpg.9069f830784e7bd8938d82ccb7aaabf7.jpg

ScreenShot627.thumb.jpg.20f869d650ebdce2a5c93c4996991728.jpg

ScreenShot628.thumb.jpg.90c6d646146ac6eb365fa5ab9cb79e24.jpg

Edited by spicydoritos
15 minutes ago, Anamariesa said:

Any chance you can include radroaches for animal magnetism?

Why?  There are no sex animations for rad roaches.  You'd forever be making them temporarily friendly, followed by extra-mad-with-bonus-damage.

1 hour ago, thumpergunner said:

So, my character got hit by a hypnotic tentacle, Now vision is fuzzy and it wont go away. Is this a problem with the tent. mod and any ideas how to fix with out loosing a save

All those visual effects are handled by Animated Tentacles itself.  If you have still have blurriness, it's possible that the imagespace modifier didn't clear correctly.  Open console and type "help AT_HypnoTentacleHoldImod 0".  It should return a form ID.  Then you can type "rimod XXXXXXXX" with whatever your form ID was in place of all those X's.

If you're screen is stuck on green, that's a different story.  I'm not sure how to clear that one with console commands.

2 hours ago, spicydoritos said:

All those visual effects are handled by Animated Tentacles itself.  If you have still have blurriness, it's possible that the imagespace modifier didn't clear correctly.  Open console and type "help AT_HypnoTentacleHoldImod 0".  It should return a form ID.  Then you can type "rimod XXXXXXXX" with whatever your form ID was in place of all those X's.

If you're screen is stuck on green, that's a different story.  I'm not sure how to clear that one with console commands.

Worked! Thank you. You just saved me 7 hours of game play on a 113hr survival character. 

Edited by thumpergunner

I have now tested AM on a mosquito, the button option also works. I was just too far away the other day.
Only the first part, however. Pressing "R" or the crosshairs makes the mosquito peaceful, but when you press the "R" or crosshairs button again (both versions tested) nothing else happens. No sex scene. There is also no message that the mosquito is not interested. Did I miss something?

PS: When I turn on the general notifications, an error message comes up (see 2nd picture)

image.png.3164a6b1cb37fe9315b233b2e96e616f.png

image.png.834de4756c97fc6eb2e6b7acf5db9185.png

4 hours ago, deathmorph said:

I have now tested AM on a mosquito, the button option also works. I was just too far away the other day.
Only the first part, however. Pressing "R" or the crosshairs makes the mosquito peaceful, but when you press the "R" or crosshairs button again (both versions tested) nothing else happens. No sex scene. There is also no message that the mosquito is not interested. Did I miss something?

PS: When I turn on the general notifications, an error message comes up (see 2nd picture)

image.png.3164a6b1cb37fe9315b233b2e96e616f.png

image.png.834de4756c97fc6eb2e6b7acf5db9185.png

That message means that either the target or the player is busy or otherwise not free to start an AAF scene at that moment.  This includes a whole host of conditions.  I would have to see the papyrus log to tell you which one exactly.  The most likely one is that you are still "in combat" and other enemies are either attacking you or alerted to you.

1 hour ago, spicydoritos said:

That message means that either the target or the player is busy or otherwise not free to start an AAF scene at that moment.  This includes a whole host of conditions.  I would have to see the papyrus log to tell you which one exactly.  The most likely one is that you are still "in combat" and other enemies are either attacking you or alerted to you.

Ah, that may be. I was at the boathouse in this sewer, there were more mosquitoes on the walls. I'll keep an eye on this and - if it doesn't work elsewhere - submit the minutes later.

19 hours ago, spicydoritos said:

Why?  There are no sex animations for rad roaches.  You'd forever be making them temporarily friendly, followed by extra-mad-with-bonus-damage.

understood, I didnt know there was no radroaches animations :C

I am trying this mod this is what was missing for my game thank you so much for making it. Just one thing more, I am playing with the animal magnetism, closeted crossbreeder and carnal compulsion, this last one is kind of contradictory with the closeted crossbreeder I think it should be a option to avoid non-animals from being selected as target, could you make?

Upon closer inspection, I found the idea of the psychosexual perk very original and I installed it. I already had the sound files.
After several kills I missed the sound. So I tried to call up the status, but neither by clicking in the MCM nor after assigning a button does an overview of the kill status appear.
What else can I do?

26 minutes ago, deathmorph said:

Upon closer inspection, I found the idea of the psychosexual perk very original and I installed it. I already had the sound files.
After several kills I missed the sound. So I tried to call up the status, but neither by clicking in the MCM nor after assigning a button does an overview of the kill status appear.
What else can I do?

Do you have notifications turned off in the debug menu?  Because that's how the info would be displayed.  It's also possible to see the value of the globalvariable via console by typing "help PVPK_PsychosexualKillCount 0".

BTW if you can't hear the sound, double check for any other sound packs that might be overwriting NSFW Soundpack.  There are some that replace the moans with blank sound files.

7 hours ago, Anamariesa said:

understood, I didnt know there was no radroaches animations :C

I am trying this mod this is what was missing for my game thank you so much for making it. Just one thing more, I am playing with the animal magnetism, closeted crossbreeder and carnal compulsion, this last one is kind of contradictory with the closeted crossbreeder I think it should be a option to avoid non-animals from being selected as target, could you make?

It's an interesting idea.  I would have to consider how to implement it without adding too many MCM options.  Might not be terribly complex to just exclude humans and non-feral ghouls from compulsion.

6 hours ago, spicydoritos said:

Do you have notifications turned off in the debug menu?

That was it. Thank you. I didn't know this was linked.
About moaning - I'll keep an eye on that. I first set man to 5.

PS: I thought in Vortex nothing is physically overwritten, at least not without an announcement? Am I mistaken?

Edited by deathmorph
6 hours ago, deathmorph said:

That was it. Thank you. I didn't know this was linked.
About moaning - I'll keep an eye on that. I first set man to 5.

PS: I thought in Vortex nothing is physically overwritten, at least not without an announcement? Am I mistaken?

It has been a while since I used Vortex.  I'm fairly confident that it notifies you about file conflicts, yes.

Just been testing the Tentacles by upping the occurrence chance to 100% in the console.

The one main problem I noticed was the delay between when the tentacle appears and when the animation begins, so unless the pc hangs around near the body it doesn't start. During testing, rather oddly the hypnotic tentacle seemed to be a bit quicker that the aggressive, it also took me from further away. With the aggressive it seemed I needed to stand next to the body before it would fire.

I'm assuming it's an issue with scripts from Animated Tentacles which I suspect will need some patching

14 hours ago, spicydoritos said:

It's an interesting idea.  I would have to consider how to implement it without adding too many MCM options.  Might not be terribly complex to just exclude humans and non-feral ghouls from compulsion.

I would like the option to allow only humans and non-feral ghouls, so it could be a 3 way option: all, only human/nonferal, no human/nonferal (unless you want to add more options, which could be done later)

with a hint on the difference between the "only" and "no" options.

Edited by ptmc2112
20 minutes ago, Slorm said:

Just been testing the Tentacles by upping the occurrence chance to 100% in the console.

The one main problem I noticed was the delay between when the tentacle appears and when the animation begins, so unless the pc hangs around near the body it doesn't start. During testing, rather oddly the hypnotic tentacle seemed to be a bit quicker that the aggressive, it also took me from further away. With the aggressive it seemed I needed to stand next to the body before it would fire.

I'm assuming it's an issue with scripts from Animated Tentacles which I suspect will need some patching

I agree completely.  This neatly summarizes my own experience.  The debate I'm having now is how best to address the unwanted behaviors.  "Patching" the script would involve directly overwriting it.  Not my favorite technique, even putting aside any permissions issues. 

It's possible I'll have to write my own tentacle functions like Sthan Dust did for Sanity Framework.  Which unfortunately is much more effort than "place tentacle and let AT handle the rest".

I took aim at a Deathclaw again in the AM game. I use the crosshairs, it's easier to use than the button when things have to be done quickly. Then comes the thumb, apparently the symbol of peacefulness, and then... the Deathclaw runs away. I had the impression until the end of the peace zone, but that can be misleading. It was funny to see the deathclaw running away when sex was threatened :D
Is this normal behavior if the Deathclaw has no affinity for the actress?

20 minutes ago, deathmorph said:

I took aim at a Deathclaw again in the AM game. I use the crosshairs, it's easier to use than the button when things have to be done quickly. Then comes the thumb, apparently the symbol of peacefulness, and then... the Deathclaw runs away. I had the impression until the end of the peace zone, but that can be misleading. It was funny to see the deathclaw running away when sex was threatened :D
Is this normal behavior if the Deathclaw has no affinity for the actress?

The vault boy thumbs-up icon means your seduction was successful.  Afterwards, the creature should remain in place due to the vanilla holdup effects.  If you were unsuccessful, the creature would just continue attacking.

I haven't seen any creatures run away.  Is this a common outcome in your game? 

54 minutes ago, spicydoritos said:

I haven't seen any creatures run away.  Is this a common outcome in your game? 

Not really. But maybe there was another opponent that I didn't see. I don't want to rule that out. I'll keep an eye on it and report that I use AM relatively rarely because then I have to be very close to it. And that often goes wrong.

Again about the Psycho Sex: I had an entry in Vortex that Clean SFX - Athletic Voicetype collided with NSFW and Clean SFX was loaded after NSFW. I reversed this so that NSFW now loads afterwards. Let's see if it works.

On 1/29/2024 at 3:45 PM, Slorm said:

My experiments with AT suggest that the aggressive tentacles only attack when you bump into them. After trying lots of different ways of forcing them on the player for the tentacle traps in Milking Human Kindness, I eventually settled on spawning a random number of aggressive tentacles around the player and then giving them a havok push so they fall to the ground. When getting back up it's challenging to avoid running into a tentacle (possible, but then I guess that adds some challenge). Oh, also I temporary disable running and sprinting so the player is forced to move at walking speed.

1 hour ago, vaultbait said:

My experiments with AT suggest that the aggressive tentacles only attack when you bump into them. After trying lots of different ways of forcing them on the player for the tentacle traps in Milking Human Kindness, I eventually settled on spawning a random number of aggressive tentacles around the player and then giving them a havok push so they fall to the ground. When getting back up it's challenging to avoid running into a tentacle (possible, but then I guess that adds some challenge). Oh, also I temporary disable running and sprinting so the player is forced to move at walking speed.

That's a pretty innovative technique.  I may try something similar if my first concept has unexpected problems.

6 hours ago, spicydoritos said:

That's a pretty innovative technique.  I may try something similar if my first concept has unexpected problems.

i have played MHK, by vaultbait, several times since the tentacles went in.

i end up going through at least 3 (usually more) "tentacle areas' each time and have yet to get through any

"tentacle area" without getting hit by an aggressive tentacle (which i do not mind or i would not have put it in).