2 hours ago, deathmorph said:

I just saw a tentacle burst out of a ghoul corpse. My companion had “fun” for a short while, there was no interaction with my actress. The tentacle didn't disappear either, it stayed there.

Hmm yeah I have the cleanup function in a spot that only fires if the player was involved.  I'll have to tweak that.  Thanks. 

1 hour ago, ptmc2112 said:

ust out of curiosity, what happened to it? As in, why was it deleted?

No idea.  I'm pretty sure the author deleted it but even that's uncertain.

23 minutes ago, vaultbait said:

There was a disagreement, and the author chose to remove all their mods from LL. It's still available for download from their Discord however: https://www.loverslab.com/topic/204903-animated-tentacles/?do=findComment&comment=4225583

ptmc2112's question was about "Animal Lover and Wasteland Seducer".

Edited to add: Although if you have any knowledge of why ALWS is gone, I would be very interested!

Edited by spicydoritos

Does Animal Magnetism have to recharge first or does it depend on other factors? I just tried a deathclaw with a key, but it just hit my character and that was it :grin:

Wolves didn't work either

PS: Ah, I think it has something to do with the lack of minimum attraction. How do you get those?

Edited by deathmorph
1 hour ago, deathmorph said:

Does Animal Magnetism have to recharge first or does it depend on other factors? I just tried a deathclaw with a key, but it just hit my character and that was it :grin:

Wolves didn't work either

PS: Ah, I think it has something to do with the lack of minimum attraction. How do you get those?

If you see a notification that says something like "This creature is not interested in fucking you.". that means their attraction to you is below the MCM threshold.  The attraction doesn't need to be earned or anything like that.  It's generated by AAF.  You can be forgiven for not knowing how it works, because it's not commonly used.  In a nutshell:

-AAF checks a target actor determines how much they're attracted to various attributes.  These include Agility, Charisma, experience level, Intelligence, Luck, Perception, Strength, and wealth (caps).

-AAF checks the potential partner (in this case, the player) to get the value of each attribute listed above.

-AAF uses these factors to compute a total attraction level ranging from 0 to 10. 

There's no delay or recharge.  You can try over and over because it won't change the outcome; the attraction level won't change unless your stats change.  If you want seduction to always work, or if you just need to test the perk, you can set "Minimum AAF Attraction Level" in MCM to 0.0.

8 minutes ago, spicydoritos said:

If you see a notification that says something like "This creature is not interested in fucking you."

Thanks for the explanation.

I like playing with the default settings, which I find to be very balanced. That's why 2 is okay for me. It's not too predictable.
However, I haven't seen any notification from either the deathclaw or the wolves.
I didn't see a button either. I'll try using the crosshairs.

Quick question on the spawn chance (default at 1) for Tentacles. Is that a percentage chance (i.e. 1%) or a weighting?

Some great additions to the mod here. Many thanks 🍻

Edited by Slorm
2 hours ago, spicydoritos said:

ptmc2112's question was about "Animal Lover and Wasteland Seducer".

D'oh, thanks! Corrected my reply now.

2 hours ago, spicydoritos said:

Although if you have any knowledge of why ALWS is gone, I would be very interested!

Sadly no, I never used that one so didn't follow it closely.

41 minutes ago, deathmorph said:

Thanks for the explanation.

I like playing with the default settings, which I find to be very balanced. That's why 2 is okay for me. It's not too predictable.
However, I haven't seen any notification from either the deathclaw or the wolves.
I didn't see a button either. I'll try using the crosshairs.

If the button doesn't appear, you could simply be too far away.  You have to be wtihin talking distance for the button to be visible.  You might also have another mod that adds an interaction option to the actor, which would lead to the usual bug where neither option appears.  TBH that bug is why a crosshair option exists.

32 minutes ago, Slorm said:

Quick question on the spawn chance (default at 1) for Tentacles. Is that a percentage chance (i.e. 1%) or a weighting?

It's a flat percent chance per kill.  I've actually found a 5% setting to be more to my liking. 

9 minutes ago, ptmc2112 said:

Found the support topic the download page would link to, and it's missing as well https://www.loverslab.com/topic/187783-animal-seducer/
So I don't know either.

:/

Edited by spicydoritos

Another understanding question about animal magnetism: What is the advantage over surrender in Violate? Is this always consensual sex without trauma?

PS

Oh yes, one more thing: if it's a pack - does AM only affect one animal or is the pack considered as a whole?

Edited by deathmorph
13 minutes ago, deathmorph said:

Another understanding question about animal magnetism: What is the advantage over surrender in Violate? Is this always consensual sex without trauma?

PS

Oh yes, one more thing: if it's a pack - does AM only affect one animal or is the pack considered as a whole?

Seducing the creature turns it non-hostile.  Similar to how the vanilla animal handling perks function.  And if you actually do have sex, the creature remains non-hostile until you leave the area.  Sex is tagged as consensual (no trauma, etc) since you initiated the action. 

It only works on individual creatures, although there's nothing stopping you from trying to seduce each member of a pack.  Seduction will break on whatever distance you set in MCM, so just don't stray too far.  It also breaks if you attack the original creature, so watch where you shoot!

hi,

first, thx for all your mods they are really fantastic. so i checked out the new animal seducer thing. tested mirelurks and dogs....no luck.

ok back to questing then... well it works somehow xd 😅

SS40.jpg

8 minutes ago, Reese said:

hi,

first, thx for all your mods they are really fantastic. so i checked out the new animal seducer thing. tested mirelurks and dogs....no luck.

ok back to questing then... well it works somehow xd 😅

SS40.jpg

Whoops, yes I see I included Ghouls in my whitelists.  I'll fix that oversight.

What message did you get for dogs and mirelurks?  And which method, crosshair shortcut or activation button?  I have no problem seducing them. 

did shortcut and activation... i am running a full nuka ride setup nothing fancy with activation buttons. (only thing i have,  a button at real handcuffs (giving clothing to settler quickly)

but if it works on your end... then i am getting it to work too. no problem ... thx again 😀

edit... no message box ... mirelurk an dog was white... (caution) then red if i got to close... then dead.. lol

Edited by Reese

Quick feedback on the tentacles. Works perfectly. I had the green ones twice, so those are the aggressive ones, right? They became active when they were touched. After the sex scene they disappeared again. I haven't yet tested how long they stay spawned if you ignore them. Likewise, I haven't seen any hypnotic tentacles yet.
The sex duration differs from that set in the AAF menu. Is it possible to adjust or extend the duration of sex with the tentacles in an upcoming update?

Quick feedback on the tentacles. Works perfectly. I had the green ones twice, so those are the aggressive ones, right? They became active when they were touched. After the sex scene they disappeared again. I haven't yet tested how long they stay spawned if you ignore them. Likewise, I haven't seen any hypnotic tentacles yet.
The sex duration differs from that set in the AAF menu. Is it possible to adjust or extend the duration of sex with the tentacles in an upcoming update?

Animated Tentacles has 4 aggressive types with different skins, 4 passive types (same skins), and 1 hypnotic type.  I think the hypnotic one is green but the others can also be green.  Best way to tell is to look at the name in VATS.  Hypnotic versions don't seem to start the hypnotism if you're looking at them when they spawn.

If you ignore the tentacles, they will despawn when you move far enough away (MCM despawn setting).

I just checked the scripts for Animated Tentacles and the duration is hard coded at 90 seconds.  So unfortunately, I can't change it without overwriting AT's scripts.

4 hours ago, Reese said:

did shortcut and activation... i am running a full nuka ride setup nothing fancy with activation buttons. (only thing i have,  a button at real handcuffs (giving clothing to settler quickly)

but if it works on your end... then i am getting it to work too. no problem ... thx again 😀

edit... no message box ... mirelurk an dog was white... (caution) then red if i got to close... then dead.. lol

If it helps, here's what the activation button is supposed to look like.  Also, this is how close you have to be.  It works in or out of combat, on both hostile and friendly NPCs.

Spoiler

ScreenShot4.jpg.8c9d62c540296e7afdab21d91048db04.jpg

Once you seduce the creature, you can activate sex at any point out of combat.  The button won't appear (and crosshair hotkey won't work) during combat, including "Caution" times.

Spoiler

ScreenShot5.jpg.7e2e9103b8ee13f1056a00ce72a3ef40.jpg

31 minutes ago, spicydoritos said:

I just checked the scripts for Animated Tentacles and the duration is hard coded at 90 seconds.  So unfortunately, I can't change it without overwriting AT's scripts.

90 seconds? The scene lasted less than 30 seconds. Or does this mean the appearance of the tentacle as a whole?
I had assumed that this could be set in the MCM, since Sanity also offers this option in the MCM. For example, I set 55 seconds there. In theory there should be a way to bypass hardcoding.

52 minutes ago, deathmorph said:

90 seconds? The scene lasted less than 30 seconds. Or does this mean the appearance of the tentacle as a whole?
I had assumed that this could be set in the MCM, since Sanity also offers this option in the MCM. For example, I set 55 seconds there. In theory there should be a way to bypass hardcoding.

+1, I only experienced AT from PP a single time (due to low chances set in MCM) and my scene also lasted less than 30 seconds. Another slight inconvenience is that my character figured the event was consensual when, in all seriousness, come on, it's not. Or that crazy b*tch really likes being abused by something that's both disgusting and unrealistic... 🤣

10 minutes ago, rubber_duck said:

+1, I only experienced AT from PP a single time (due to low chances set in MCM) and my scene also lasted less than 30 seconds.

Okay yeah I checked AT's zip file and you're both right, it's actually hardcoded at 30 seconds.  I must have recompiled mine to use 90 seconds at some point. 

I tried to take a gander at Sanity Framework's technique but the zip file doesn't seem to contain source scripts.  It's possible that SF isn't relying on AT's tentacle grab functions, and is instead handling the animation initiation directly.  This would be a reasonable method but also a lot more work, and not a quick fix.  I will have to ask Sthan Dust directly.  I may also look into whether a script overwrite would be kosher.

16 minutes ago, rubber_duck said:

Another slight inconvenience is that my character figured the event was consensual when, in all seriousness, come on, it's not. Or that crazy b*tch really likes being abused by something that's both disgusting and unrealistic... 🤣

That's because the XML that ships with AT isn't tagged aggressive, and there's also no player_raped meta string being sent.  But you're in luck, because I wrote a little patch for Commonwealth Moisturizer and AT.  It adds tags to AT and puts tentacle race into the "green cum" formlist.  If you don't want the latter, just delete the plugin and keep the xml.

11 hours ago, spicydoritos said:

Okay yeah I checked AT's zip file and you're both right, it's actually hardcoded at 30 seconds.  I must have recompiled mine to use 90 seconds at some point. 

I tried to take a gander at Sanity Framework's technique but the zip file doesn't seem to contain source scripts.  It's possible that SF isn't relying on AT's tentacle grab functions, and is instead handling the animation initiation directly.  This would be a reasonable method but also a lot more work, and not a quick fix.  I will have to ask Sthan Dust directly.  I may also look into whether a script overwrite would be kosher.

Hey, no pressure! Take as much time as you need, the new PP update was very welcome!

11 hours ago, spicydoritos said:

That's because the XML that ships with AT isn't tagged aggressive, and there's also no player_raped meta string being sent.  But you're in luck, because I wrote a little patch for Commonwealth Moisturizer and AT.  It adds tags to AT and puts tentacle race into the "green cum" formlist.  If you don't want the latter, just delete the plugin and keep the xml.

I'm not on my machine as of writing this so I cannot download the patch, but once I get access I'll get it, thanks a lot! By the way, did you patch all tentacles or only aggressive and/or hypnotic (both CM and XML)? Asking out of curiosity.

Oh, and while I'm at it, the PP tentacle sliders - specifically the spawn one. The value you set there determines how many game units the Player has to be away from tentacles spawn point, right? If I lower that down to 100, that'd make the tentacles 'grab' the player more quickly (if the player is in the right spot at the right time, obviously), right? If it's not too much to ask, how can I determine how much 100 game units is? Sorry for asking all this, but these tentacles are relatively new to me :)

Thanks in advance, and, as always, keep up the great work!

2 hours ago, rubber_duck said:

By the way, did you patch all tentacles or only aggressive and/or hypnotic (both CM and XML)? Asking out of curiosity.

I think all tentacle types call the same animations, so I suppose my XML would also make "friendly" tentacle encounters count as aggressive.  So beware if that outcome is not desired.  For CM, the formlist uses the tentacle race itself, which all tentactle types use.

2 hours ago, rubber_duck said:

The value you set there determines how many game units the Player has to be away from tentacles spawn point, right? If I lower that down to 100, that'd make the tentacles 'grab' the player more quickly (if the player is in the right spot at the right time, obviously), right?

This is the idea, yes.  In practice, the tentacles themselves spawn with a 5 second delay imposed by Animated Tentacles.  I'm going to have to work around it at some point.  Kinda defeats the purpose of the distance setting if the player has time to run away regardless.

3 hours ago, rubber_duck said:

how can I determine how much 100 game units is?

If I recall correctly, a human actor at 1.0 scale is 128 units tall.