anyone know if there is a fix for the animal magmatism perk not starting the scene im just getting a notification saying that it can start the scene with this actor i have all of the settings enabled so isk what's going on 

6 hours ago, halfsplit said:

anyone know if there is a fix for the animal magmatism perk not starting the scene im just getting a notification saying that it can start the scene with this actor i have all of the settings enabled so isk what's going on 

You need animations for whatever creature you're trying to sleep with.

I am having a troubling issue. After a scene with the tentacles my character redresses for like 6ish seconds before everything goes black and she strips again. but the game never loads and I can open the start menu. It would be great if it just... let me go once I was dressed. 

But it gets worse. If I use the MCM unstuck (I installed the fix on the previous page) it drops the black screen but I still have no control of my character. And I am still in free cam. If I end free cam in the console I create a new body and my old one just sits there. But I am still frozen.

Only way so far I have been able to unfreeze was to use the unstuck from this mod then the unstuck from another like Sexual Harassment. 

4 hours ago, Beta The Slave said:

I am having a troubling issue. After a scene with the tentacles my character redresses for like 6ish seconds before everything goes black and she strips again. but the game never loads and I can open the start menu. It would be great if it just... let me go once I was dressed. 

But it gets worse. If I use the MCM unstuck (I installed the fix on the previous page) it drops the black screen but I still have no control of my character. And I am still in free cam. If I end free cam in the console I create a new body and my old one just sits there. But I am still frozen.

Only way so far I have been able to unfreeze was to use the unstuck from this mod then the unstuck from another like Sexual Harassment. 

The unstick function can only return player control if PVPK disabled player control originally.  It sounds like something else is trying to start a scene right after a tentacle scene ends.  Is this behavior consistent?  Replicate it and post a papyrus log and I'll take a look.

6 hours ago, spicydoritos said:

The unstick function can only return player control if PVPK disabled player control originally.  It sounds like something else is trying to start a scene right after a tentacle scene ends.  Is this behavior consistent?  Replicate it and post a papyrus log and I'll take a look.

It was consistent in that it happened every time on the one encounter where a tentacle spawned (I reloaded a few times to see if that would change the result). Maybe the bicycle perk activated? I can't tell because there are no prompts till I use unstuck. In either case I ended up having another major issue with Sexual Harassment after that where none of the approaches would activate even if forced. So I haven't tried again. I will later if I fix my other issue. 

5 minutes ago, Beta The Slave said:

It was consistent in that it happened every time on the one encounter where a tentacle spawned (I reloaded a few times to see if that would change the result). Maybe the bicycle perk activated? I can't tell because there are no prompts till I use unstuck. In either case I ended up having another major issue with Sexual Harassment after that where none of the approaches would activate even if forced. So I haven't tried again. I will later if I fix my other issue. 

It's possible something is bringing up a messagebox after the screen has faded out. If the fadeout is due to AAF, you can disable that feature in your AAF_settings.ini file and be able to see what's going on or what messagebox prompt is trying to display. It's helped me a few times in tracking down such conflicts.

12 hours ago, vaultbait said:

It's possible something is bringing up a messagebox after the screen has faded out. If the fadeout is due to AAF, you can disable that feature in your AAF_settings.ini file and be able to see what's going on or what messagebox prompt is trying to display. It's helped me a few times in tracking down such conflicts.

Well I had just finished a very long Commonwealth Slavers run and had over the course of 25ish hours installed like 20 extra mods. I started a new game today with a new set of mods to replace CS and since it is a fresh save the tentacles worked fine. I bet it was some instability caused by my constant need to add more to an ongoing save haha. I was also having major issues with Sexual harassment which I think was the related

On 4/19/2024 at 6:34 PM, spicydoritos said:

You need animations for whatever creature you're trying to sleep with.

i do have animations and they are enabled and they are working but not with animal magnetism 

Edited by halfsplit
24 minutes ago, waiyan said:

Is there any way to remove the assigned perks?

In MCM you can reset (remove) all the perks and then re-select the ones you want.

Hey, i'm having a problem attempting to install the mod through Vortex. Other mods i've used the method fine so i'm hoping it is fixable. After hitting Install from file, the mod installation pop up appears, however the option to actually install the mod remains Grayed Out, with no reasoning given as to why that might be the case. I'm just wondering if anyone, author or otherwise, might know what is causing this? I've already got all the requirements working fine.

33 minutes ago, Thiever said:

Hey, i'm having a problem attempting to install the mod through Vortex. Other mods i've used the method fine so i'm hoping it is fixable. After hitting Install from file, the mod installation pop up appears, however the option to actually install the mod remains Grayed Out, with no reasoning given as to why that might be the case. I'm just wondering if anyone, author or otherwise, might know what is causing this? I've already got all the requirements working fine.

The FOMOD installer only requires the main FO4 plugin (Fallout4.esm) to be installed and enabled.  I haven't used Vortex in a long time so I can't comment on any eccentricities it might have when installing files nowadays.  Out of curiosity, are you using the updated version Bethesda released today?  If so, it may be causing problems with modding in general.

23 minutes ago, spicydoritos said:

The FOMOD installer only requires the main FO4 plugin (Fallout4.esm) to be installed and enabled.  I haven't used Vortex in a long time so I can't comment on any eccentricities it might have when installing files nowadays.  Out of curiosity, are you using the updated version Bethesda released today?  If so, it may be causing problems with modding in general.

I'm not entirely sure what the first sentence in your reply means, as i've not encountered FOMOD at all. I am using the updated version, got caught out with the update  :( that said, it hasn't had any negative effects on any other modding i've been doing today, the issue has only come up with this mod unfortunately. If i knew where to and how to install the files manually I could attempt that instead, but i'm kind of a disaster in that regard, always breaking something hahah

Thanks for the reply though, i'm sure there's a solution somewhere.

21 minutes ago, Thiever said:

I'm not entirely sure what the first sentence in your reply means, as i've not encountered FOMOD at all. I am using the updated version, got caught out with the update  :( that said, it hasn't had any negative effects on any other modding i've been doing today, the issue has only come up with this mod unfortunately. If i knew where to and how to install the files manually I could attempt that instead, but i'm kind of a disaster in that regard, always breaking something hahah

Thanks for the reply though, i'm sure there's a solution somewhere.

This is a FOMOD installer:

Spoiler

PVPKFOMOD3.png.056e8411605e7f48090646ade2f107f2.png

And having taken this screenshot, I have to point out that the option isn't grayed out (i.e. you cannot select it), it's permanently checked (i.e. you cannot unselect it).

13 hours ago, spicydoritos said:

This is a FOMOD installer:

Reveal hidden contents

PVPKFOMOD3.png.056e8411605e7f48090646ade2f107f2.png

And having taken this screenshot, I have to point out that the option isn't grayed out (i.e. you cannot select it), it's permanently checked (i.e. you cannot unselect it).

Waaaaaiiiit, it's permanently selected? Wow I really should get more sleep. I've checked and it is also the case on Vortex, permanently checked just a little grayed out. Nothing to worry about then! Thank you for pointing that out.

1 hour ago, deathmorph said:

I just see that the tentacle has been there for several level ups. This seems to have manifested itself permanently. Can I somehow get rid of it or can it stay active? Is a passive ...

You may be able to attack it, or select it in the console and use the kill command. It's an NPC.

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, deathmorph said:

I just see that the tentacle has been there for several level ups. This seems to have manifested itself permanently. Can I somehow get rid of it or can it stay active? Is a passive ...

image.png.ef74da649c65b0f85dadd0f75c32090c.png

Hmm... even passive tentacles are supposed to despawn when you get far away.  I'm not sure what went wrong, but you can always kill it.  Tentacles are hard to hit, so shotguns and fire work best.  Or you can target it in console and use the "kill" command.

Edit: I really need to remember to hit refresh before replying, just in case vaultbait beat me to the punch 😄 

Edited by spicydoritos
18 minutes ago, spicydoritos said:

Hmm... even passive tentacles are supposed to despawn when you get far away.  I'm not sure what went wrong, but you can always kill it.  Tentacles are hard to hit, so shotguns and fire work best.  Or you can target it in console and use the "kill" command.

Edit: I really need to remember to hit refresh before replying, just in case vaultbait beat me to the punch 😄 

They can stick around, I think, if they get grabbed to fill a quest alias.

Posted (edited)
On 4/26/2023 at 11:30 AM, spicydoritos said:

For Exhibitionist Streak, settlements count as towns by design.  Power armor does happen to cover all the armor slots, so it would definitely trigger related effects.

Would it be possible to customise this? I like using the Red Rocket as my player owned house and I dont think it makes sense for an exibitionist perk to trigger when I'm in an area alone.

Edited by bobfluff
Wanted to add more detail. New to LL.
4 hours ago, bobfluff said:

Would it be possible to customise this? I like using the Red Rocket as my player owned house and I dont think it makes sense for an exibitionist perk to trigger when I'm in an area alone.

You could add a new condition to the perk effects and to the vision blur spell (PVPK_SpExhibStreak) in CK/xEdit.  A simple GetInCurrentLocation for Red Rocket location equal to zero.

On 5/5/2024 at 10:38 AM, spicydoritos said:

You could add a new condition to the perk effects and to the vision blur spell (PVPK_SpExhibStreak) in CK/xEdit.  A simple GetInCurrentLocation for Red Rocket location equal to zero.

I'll look into that. Thanks for the reply!