22 minutes ago, NotKinkyEnough said:

I get PVPK errors at the top of the screen from time to time, I've seen error 8, 4, and 1 I think?

Skimming the script source code, if debug notifications are enabled in PVPK's MCM, then you may see notifications that look like "PVPK: something happened" where the "something happened" could be any manner of messages, but the only one that appears to include the word "error" is "Animation failed to start due to status error somenumber" where "somenumber" is the status code returned by AAF. If that's what you're seeing, these are AAF error codes and you can probably use the AAF on-screen interface's admin log view to find out the details.

Edit: On closer inspection, that specific notification is being emitted in an OnSceneInit event handler, so those particular error code meanings are listed here: https://bitbucket.org/dagobaking/aaf-framework/wiki/API/OnSceneInit

Edited by vaultbait
5 hours ago, NotKinkyEnough said:

is there a list of the error codes, what they mean and ideally hints to fix them?

If you mean error codes when an AAF scene fails to start, those are listed on the AAF wiki.

Edited to add:  I somehow missed the two posts above.  Looks like vaultbait has me covered!

Edited by spicydoritos

Idea for Soldier of Whoretune: option so that companion only gets over being neglected when dismissed. It would give a duration of 0 for neglected, and the status cleared once no longer part of the CurrentCompanionFaction (probably clears on it's own, once the companion has left).

10 hours ago, vaultbait said:

Skimming the script source code, if debug notifications are enabled in PVPK's MCM, then you may see notifications that look like "PVPK: something happened" where the "something happened" could be any manner of messages, but the only one that appears to include the word "error" is "Animation failed to start due to status error somenumber" where "somenumber" is the status code returned by AAF. If that's what you're seeing, these are AAF error codes and you can probably use the AAF on-screen interface's admin log view to find out the details.

Edit: On closer inspection, that specific notification is being emitted in an OnSceneInit event handler, so those particular error code meanings are listed here: https://bitbucket.org/dagobaking/aaf-framework/wiki/API/OnSceneInit

Brilliant thank you, I suspected my aaf install was somehow, (I want to say fucked, but that would mean it *IS* working...!)

I shall start here and fix it.

7 hours ago, NotKinkyEnough said:

Brilliant thank you, I suspected my aaf install was somehow, (I want to say fucked, but that would mean it *IS* working...!)

I shall start here and fix it.

Indeed, an unfucked AAF install is a very sad state of affairs. Time to fuck that shit UP! ?

• 3 weeks later...

Not sure why, but somehow PVPK_StartedByEasyPrey got stuck on (maybe raced another AAF scene somehow and crossed the streams?). After that, Easy Prey blackouts would never trigger, but every AAF scene involving the player got treated as the end of an Easy Prey scenario so extra fade to/from black, time advanced, messagebox pop-up. The only obvious way out was to use the console to set that global back to 0.

Just a heads up in case anyone else experiences similar symptoms, maybe we can compare notes and figure out the cause.

54 minutes ago, vaultbait said:

Not sure why, but somehow PVPK_StartedByEasyPrey got stuck on (maybe raced another AAF scene somehow and crossed the streams?). After that, Easy Prey blackouts would never trigger, but every AAF scene involving the player got treated as the end of an Easy Prey scenario so extra fade to/from black, time advanced, messagebox pop-up. The only obvious way out was to use the console to set that global back to 0.

Just a heads up in case anyone else experiences similar symptoms, maybe we can compare notes and figure out the cause.

Yeah that's a logic issue in the script.  I put in a fix for the next version, although I don't currently have a timeline for releasing it.

On 11/10/2022 at 5:57 AM, spicydoritos said:

Easy Prey

Something about you screams "roofie me!". Maybe it's your pretty face? Or maybe everyone just thinks you'll be too ashamed to investigate who drugged you? Either way, your drinks and chems get spiked more than the average wastelander's. You have a chance to black out after consuming booze or recreational chems. On the upside, nobody minds if you take a drink that someone “accidentally” left unattended; owned booze can be chugged without stealing. Finally, vanilla bartenders and chem dealers sell their wares to you at half price.

Notes: Blackout chance, among other important scene settings, is found in the MCM. Only specific vanilla chems are included; various third-party ingestibles use the ObjectTypeChem keyword, and users shouldn't fear blacking out from unrelated items (e.g. contraceptive pills or antibiotics). Any beverage tagged with ObjectTypeAlcohol is fair game though.

Been loving the mod as a whole. Been messing with the various settings just to see what happened XD

Now i'll start off with an apology, I did a quick look around but couldn't find anything which literally could just be me being blind XD
Is there a way to make this effect Nuka Cola? I tend not to drink alcohol in game (or RL) but i do use nuka as my go-to heal when stims are running low and the extra chance of everything going horribly wrong amuses me :3

5 hours ago, Grimmhelm said:

Been loving the mod as a whole. Been messing with the various settings just to see what happened XD

Now i'll start off with an apology, I did a quick look around but couldn't find anything which literally could just be me being blind XD
Is there a way to make this effect Nuka Cola? I tend not to drink alcohol in game (or RL) but i do use nuka as my go-to heal when stims are running low and the extra chance of everything going horribly wrong amuses me :3

There is a method although it requires making minor edits to the plugin (or making a small patch).  A while back I added a formlist called PVPK_EasyPreyAddedChems.  It is intended for anyone who wants new mod-added chems to potentially trigger Easy Prey.  You could add the vanilla Nuka Cola drinks onto that formlist and Provocative Perks would process them the same as any other booze/chem.

Sorry for the double post.

Figured i'd post about my misadventures in using an editor for the first time ever and give you all a good giggle and probably a lot of groaning. XD

First I just tried to add Nuka Cola/Cherry/Quantum to the mod listing. Actually took me a few hours to figure out HOW to actually do that in FOE.

Of course that did nothing, I realized it was because Nuka doesn't HAVE ObjectTypeChem.

So i went and edited them – or tried, that was another hour until I figured out how to make the override.

Added the ObjectType to only those drinks at first.

Loaded the game for testing, still didn't interact properly – But the override was working as i was getting the usual chem message and REALLY pissing off Cait.

Then I realized that the Nuka in my inventory was purchased, so i went on a little hunt – found some wild Nuka Cola and tried again, still no dice.

I went back and had a rethink.

Instead of adding them as Chems, I'd add the ObjectTypeNuka to the whole listing… Only then did i realize there's nothing for that to 'Grab' as it's not relying on any sort of listing so of course its not working.

I'm determined to get this worked out, if i can manage this maybe i'll end up making it a patch for everyone to use.

It just doesn't make sense to me that they would spike the booze but not soda– although I'd maybe separate Quantum out into a separate mod because drinking that should really kill you - you really should be careful about what you put in your mouth.

Eventually I also want to add Stimpacks as well as add it’s own bar to the menu for chance of effect for those who REALLY want the Commonwealth to fuck with them, but I’m a long way off from that and I know that’s going to be all tears and pain on my end considering just trying to add Nuka Cola has been a bitch slap XD

EDIT:

IT'S ALIVE! IT'S ALIIIIIIVE!  :D  Somehow it's working, i don't know it its the ObjectTypeChem or Nuka or both working together but it's working.

EasyPrey NUKA edition.esp

Edited by Grimmhelm
4 hours ago, Grimmhelm said:

Figured i'd post about my misadventures in using an editor for the first time ever and give you all a good giggle and probably a lot of groaning. XD

First I just tried to add Nuka Cola/Cherry/Quantum to the mod listing. Actually took me a few hours to figure out HOW to actually do that in FOE.

Of course that did nothing, I realized it was because Nuka doesn't HAVE ObjectTypeChem.

So i went and edited them – or tried, that was another hour until I figured out how to make the override.

Loaded the game for testing, still didn't interact properly – But the override was working as i was getting the usual chem message and REALLY pissing off Cait.

Then I realized that the Nuka in my inventory was purchased, so i went on a little hunt – found some wild Nuka Cola and tried again, still no dice.

Instead of adding them as Chems, I'd add the ObjectTypeNuka to the whole listing… Only then did i realize there's nothing for that to 'Grab' as it's not relying on any sort of listing so of course its not working.

I'm determined to get this worked out, if i can manage this maybe i'll end up making it a patch for everyone to use.

It just doesn't make sense to me that they would spike the booze but not soda– although I'd maybe separate Quantum out into a separate mod because drinking that should really kill you - you really should be careful about what you put in your mouth.

Eventually I also want to add Stimpacks as well as add it’s own bar to the menu for chance of effect for those who REALLY want the Commonwealth to fuck with them, but I’m a long way off from that and I know that’s going to be all tears and pain on my end considering just trying to add Nuka Cola has been a bitch slap XD

EDIT:

IT'S ALIVE! IT'S ALIIIIIIVE!  :D  Somehow it's working, i don't know it its the ObjectTypeChem or Nuka or both working together but it's working.

EasyPrey NUKA edition.esp 9.37 kB · 0 downloads

I reviewed my scripts, and it should be enough to add the potion onto the PVPK_EasyPreyAddedChems formlist.  Adding ObjectTypeChem keyword to the potion isn't necessary.  I'll be able to double check and test tonight.

15 hours ago, Grimmhelm said:

EDIT:

EasyPrey NUKA edition.esp 9.37 kB · 0 downloads

Okay so I see you added your entries onto the vanilla chems property array in the quest.  This works but then you also have to label Nuka Cola as ObjectTypeChem, as you discovered.

Instead, it's cleaner to add them to the formlist I mentioned.  See attached example which includes regular Nuka Cola and Nuka Cherry.

PVPK Nuka Cola.zip

8 hours ago, spicydoritos said:

Okay so I see you added your entries onto the vanilla chems property array in the quest.  This works but then you also have to label Nuka Cola as ObjectTypeChem, as you discovered.

Instead, it's cleaner to add them to the formlist I mentioned.  See attached example which includes regular Nuka Cola and Nuka Cherry

I totally missed the formlist ^^;

Thanks, i'm learning a lot :)

Note: RobCo Patcher can also be used to inject forms into arbitrary mod formlists, without needing a plugin and thus without risk of creating conflicts between plugins that try to edit the same formlist.

Edited by vaultbait
On 8/24/2023 at 7:30 PM, vaultbait said:

Note: RobCo Patcher can also be used to inject forms into arbitrary mod formlists, without needing a plugin and thus without risk of creating conflicts between plugins that try to edit the same formlist.

Good to know, i'm looking into the RobCo now i have a little extra time free.

I'm still learning a lot, but baby steps right now. Thanks everyone for all of the help ❤️

[Conflict]

Sadly, Provocative Perks seems to conflict with Raider Pet. Specifically, the PP perk Easy Prey would sometimes trigger due to alcohol/chem consumption in Raider Pet, and would then start Bound In Public quest, teleporting the player to a random location and possibly breaking the Raider Pet quest.

[2 possible solutions]

1) A switch hotkey (on/off) to either enable or disable Bound In Public integration with Easy Prey. I believe this would be the fastest solution and it'd offer a hotkey to seamlessly switch between BiP integration. Granted, it'd also be considered a cheat, but that's another topic.

2) Detecting Raider Pet quest running. If the player currently has Raider Pet's main perk, it should automatically disable the BiP integration with Easy Prey perk. It shouldn't deactivate the perk completely; instead, just disable the BiP integration part.

I know it's too much to ask you to support such an old mod, but it's really frustrating having to constantly adjust settings and/or reload the saves. This would make the for a much simpler experience.

Hopefully you'll at least consider this! As always, take care and keep up the great work!

Cheers!

Something strange is happening with the Nymphomaniac perk. When it is triggered, the lady starts stroking herself or does nothing at all. The other NPC just runs away and my actress is no longer usable from that point on.
I have a completely rebuilt game with the current AAF. Before triggering the perk, I can call AAF normally via POS1. No longer after triggering the perk, even if I have activated the setting for this.

PS: it's probably my AAF, such as SH the sex is not triggered. I have to see what's going on with me.

PPS: Found the culprit, all right again.

Edited by deathmorph

Hi, not sure where to put this.

The Nymph perk kicked in around Cambridge Police Station and it pulled in Danse. So far so good.  But I then cleared out Fraternal Post 115, as I left the internal cell I was sent to the middle of College Square and I was wearing the Vault 111 suit. I soon then noticed after that picklocking no longer was working as if I had no perks when i have 3 points in lockpicking.

could be a one off. I have rolled back save to before it happend and see if it happens again.

UIPDATE:

I tried in Starlight and it pulled 2 generic NPCs and then went into an interior and then exited. This time no problems so probably it's just Fallout 4 being janky

Edited by qasdf
24 minutes ago, Mistah F said:

Oh. Pardon me, but I don't understand the reasoning behind that?

Don't think of orientation in terms of BDSM dominance/submission.  The Sex Attributes version is more like a cross between assertiveness, self confidence, and resistance to being pushed around.  There are very few ways to increase it and lots of ways to lose it.  It feels like a reasonable thing to gain from being happily monogamous (or happily partnered in general).