On 10/29/2022 at 5:25 PM, Enli said:

So, what would be a good reason to use this over SL Defeat?

(Practically) real time tracking of lethal damage.

The OnHit function can take up a few seconds to resolve, which made it necessary for previous Defeat mods to use workaround and failsaves. YK tracks lethal damage outside the usual Skyrim script engine, making it much faster and thus forgoes the need for workarounds and failsaves.

Iirc so far the outcomes are Assault, Robbery and Blackout (wake up at a nearby location), but more outcomes can be added by other modders. Don't know if Scrab plans to add more outcomes, but all other Defeat mod authors should make YK a requirement and use it to trigger defeats.

12 hours ago, no_way said:

Does YT as currently coded not have the ability to bail out to animations that use less actors if not enough are present?

Hm, I think in previous versions the Validation.yaml in the SKSE folder explained how YK works (used to work?).

Iirc if no animation is found with the current actors, it first removes a creature (futa > female > male if the previous was not in the animation) from the animation and searches again. If it still not find an animation with the fewer number of actors it repeats.

Have you enabled creatures in YK, have you enabled creatures in SexLab, and might you have enabled "Restrict aggressive animations" (or something link that) in SexLab, and your creature animations are not tagged aggressive?

2 hours ago, Someone92 said:

(Practically) real time tracking of lethal damage.

The OnHit function can take up a few seconds to resolve, which made it necessary for previous Defeat mods to use workaround and failsaves. YK tracks lethal damage outside the usual Skyrim script engine, making it much faster and thus forgoes the need for workarounds and failsaves.

Iirc so far the outcomes are Assault, Robbery and Blackout (wake up at a nearby location), but more outcomes can be added by other modders. Don't know if Scrab plans to add more outcomes, but all other Defeat mod authors should make YK a requirement and use it to trigger defeats.

Hm, I think in previous versions the Validation.yaml in the SKSE folder explained how YK works (used to work?).

Iirc if no animation is found with the current actors, it first removes a creature (futa > female > male if the previous was not in the animation) from the animation and searches again. If it still not find an animation with the fewer number of actors it repeats.

Have you enabled creatures in YK, have you enabled creatures in SexLab, and might you have enabled "Restrict aggressive animations" (or something link that) in SexLab, and your creature animations are not tagged aggressive?

Yes all creature animations work fine in all context other than YK.  And the issue seems to disappear if I set the possibility of 5P, 4P, 3P to zero which makes me suspicious it gives up or cant get down to an anim with a # of actors that works.  Because if I for example surround myself with 10 chaurus and get defeated, on the default settings I'd say it "failed to create scene" about 30% of the time despite my having tooooons of 1C vs PC and 2C vs PC animations installed.

I could post my sexlab debug papyrus log if you are able to understand the function calls?

Edited by no_way
13 hours ago, Mister X said:

If that's not too much work, it would make the mod independent from the Skyrim version

Thats not how NG works

Support for 1.6.353 will be dropped after 1.2, independent on which library I am going to use and Im undecided if 1.5.97 is still worth supporting when 2.0 gets released. 1.2 will be supporting all 3 versions separately, Ive already compiled the dlls there. Currently, swapping to NG is such extra work for me without any benefit

On 10/31/2022 at 12:25 PM, LordDrakath15226 said:

Again: Is there any way to stop PAHE's option from popping up when activating a defeated enemy?

I have no issues with PAH options overlapping since 1.1. Its technically possible to forcefully stop the option from appearing by adding a condition into the activiation perk to ensure that the activated target does not have the "Kudasai_Defeated" keyword

I am looking for a more reliable way of doing this without patching every mod with an activation-perk but thatll take some more time

On 10/31/2022 at 1:31 PM, no_way said:

I could post my sexlab debug papyrus log if you are able to understand the function calls?

The Papyrus log would just tell you that you have no animations

SexLabs animation algorithms arent very reliable for the kind of environment that YK is picking animations for, there might be a way to make animation picking more reliable, but I am skeptical about this as it might heavily increase processing time for starting new animations. Unfortunate reality 

Edited by Scrab
2 hours ago, Scrab said:

Thats not how NG works

Support for 1.6.353 will be dropped after 1.2, independent on which library I am going to use and Im undecided if 1.5.97 is still worth supporting when 2.0 gets released. 1.2 will be supporting all 3 versions separately, Ive already compiled the dlls there. Currently, swapping to NG is such extra work for me without any benefit

I have no issues with PAH options overlapping since 1.1. Its technically possible to forcefully stop the option from appearing by adding a condition into the activiation perk to ensure that the activated target does not have the "Kudasai_Defeated" keyword

I am looking for a more reliable way of doing this without patching every mod with an activation-perk but thatll take some more time

The Papyrus log would just tell you that you have no animations

SexLabs animation algorithms arent very reliable for the kind of environment that YK is picking animations for, there might be a way to make animation picking more reliable, but I am skeptical about this as it might heavily increase processing time for starting new animations. Unfortunate reality 

I think I fixed the animation issue by manually putting the "Aggressive" tag onto all creature animations using sexlab.  Seems to work fine now.  But if YK is only looking for "Aggressive" that would be an issue.

The F key is still the only one being shown for struggle despite not being in the YAML file.  Can't figure that one out.  YK 1.2

36 minutes ago, no_way said:

I think I fixed the animation issue by manually putting the "Aggressive" tag onto all creature animations using sexlab.

Have you checked if you have enabled "Restrict aggressive animations" in the SexLab MCM?

YK starts an aggressive animation (meaning it has a victim). If you have above mentioned option in SexLab enabled, SexLab will only select animations with the "Aggressive" tag, and not play any animation at all if it doesn't find at least one aggressive animation.

3 hours ago, Scrab said:

Ah, shit, i meant PAHE's menu, not the option in this mod's menu, when i activate a defeated enemy both menus appear and i only want this mod's menu to appear.

8 hours ago, Scrab said:

Thats not how NG works

Support for 1.6.353 will be dropped after 1.2

Really? It states otherwise in its description

CommonLibSSE NG has support for Skyrim SE, AE, and VR, and is able to create builds for any combination of these runtimes, including all three. This makes it possible to create SKSE plugins with a single DLL that works in any Skyrim runtime, improving developer productivity (only one build and CMake preset necessary) and improving the end-user experience (no need to make a choice of multiple download options or select the right DLL from a FOMOD). For Skyrim AE, both versions before 1.6.629 and those after are supported in a single DLL (both struct layouts are supported).

But I'm no .dll developer, so I take your statement as-is.

It's sad to hear though that you want to drop 1.6.353 support. Yes I know, more and more stuff got updated already, yet there still are some pretty big frameworks and stuff (eg DAR) that aren't. For the old SE (1.5) build in my eyes it's understandable, but I think quite a few people around here stick with 353 for the time being.

8 hours ago, registerisbullshit said:

Any reason why "Attempt Assault" and "View Captures" is blank? How do I enable them?

Youre using the light version, I forgot disable the headlines for these options

4 hours ago, Mister X said:

Really? It states otherwise in its description

This is how it looks from your side but on my end Id need to do significant changes to the code base to adapt to this "version independence" and even after doing so, YK would not achieve true "version independence" as this mod actively interacts with the games native code to achieve its damage nullification, meaning there is always a chance that the next update to the .exe or progress on the mod would require me to seek version dependent information

Further I consider the attitude to forcefully stick to a certain version of the game to be toxic to the community as a whole and dont want to actively support it forever. I do understand the desire to stagnate on a certain game version due to the recent "AE-versioning circus" and thats also why I will offer 1.2 for all 3 "version brackets" (1.5.97, 1.6.353, 1.6.640) but I wont promise that I will continue to do so going forward

As for DAR, there seems to be some promising progress that would allow DAR to be replaced with another mod though, so who knows if anyone even remembers DAR by the time I update the mods .dll again

Edited by Scrab
11 hours ago, Someone92 said:

Have you checked if you have enabled "Restrict aggressive animations" in the SexLab MCM?

YK starts an aggressive animation (meaning it has a victim). If you have above mentioned option in SexLab enabled, SexLab will only select animations with the "Aggressive" tag, and not play any animation at all if it doesn't find at least one aggressive animation.

Shit I’ll bet you that was it.  I’ll have to test 

19 hours ago, Scrab said:

This is how it looks from your side but on my end Id need to do significant changes to the code base to adapt to this "version independence" and even after doing so, YK would not achieve true "version independence" as this mod actively interacts with the games native code to achieve its damage nullification, meaning there is always a chance that the next update to the .exe or progress on the mod would require me to seek version dependent information

Aaah, now I get it! So basically, CommonLib lacks features you need ^^ Ok, that's a shame and I see why you don't want to take the effort then.

Further I consider the attitude to forcefully stick to a certain version of the game to be toxic to the community as a whole and dont want to actively support it forever. I do understand the desire to stagnate on a certain game version due to the recent "AE-versioning circus" and thats also why I will offer 1.2 for all 3 "version brackets" (1.5.97, 1.6.353, 1.6.640) but I wont promise that I will continue to do so going forward

I've never said that I want to stick to a certain version forever. I just stick to 353 on my end for the time being, as long as some mods I use aren't properly updated (mainly DAR)

As soon as all of the mods I consider essential are working with the latest version, I'll move forward. So it's awesome, that 1.2 will support those, and we'll see how all that stuff comes along

As for DAR, there seems to be some promising progress that would allow DAR to be replaced with another mod though, so who knows if anyone even remembers DAR by the time I update the mods .dll again

Yeah, I heard some guy over at the Nexus wants to write a replacement from scratch based on the NG lib. I hope it will be published soon.

On 11/8/2022 at 1:01 AM, Someone92 said:

Have you downloaded this mod from Nexus perhaps?

Afaik Nexus version doesn't have any adult features.

I got the version here from LoversLab and the Patreon version. I've been going crazy trying to get this mod working but I just get more and more confused. I'm probably doing something dumb, I'm using MO2, Skyrim AE 1.6.640.0.8, running FNIS. Right now I'm in the process of yanking all of my mods and trying to only install the YK required mods. This got me to the point where the window now opens up after an NPC is 'defeated' but my only options are open inventory and execute. I'll post an idiot proof install guide when I figure this out.

Update: I am dumb. Somehow, a wabbajack modlist was able to get the 1.0 - 1.5.97 version of YK to work on my AE version of Skyrim, and I guess downloading 1.0 - 1.5.97 by itself just doesn't work with 1.6.64 (duh). I still don't understand how that wabbajack modlist was able to do that.

On Patreon, I mistakenly downloaded the 1.6.64 light version, adding more to my confusion. After I downloaded/installed the non-light version, then added the necessary DLL from the Patreon page, it started working. Sorry for wasting everyone's time!

In short, if anyone else runs into this, make sure you are on the non-light version and that the version matches your use case. (Duh.)

Edited by registerisbullshit
On 11/6/2022 at 8:56 PM, Someone92 said:

Nope that didn't fix it on this 1.0 version.

23 hours ago, Sandzenegger said:

When i strip them from their gear, and access the inventory there is nothing but the weapon and arrows?

The armor an NPC wears isnt part of their inventory, its how the game works

There was a time where I manually worked around that but it created balancing issues, so no easy clothes by stripping defeated npc :<

50 minutes ago, TheOldKing1998 said:

I cannot seem to kill defeated npcs

That do be what this mod do be doing, yes

Edited by Scrab
4 hours ago, Lostcountess said:

With Ostim NG this mod just won't work. Player dies every time they take critical damage, and surrendering does not work.

Are you using the correct version of this mod for your Skyrim version? It has a SE and AE version.

According to other users, the AE version does not work with the most recent AE version.

The armor an NPC wears isnt part of their inventory, its how the game works

There was a time where I manually worked around that but it created balancing issues, so no easy clothes by stripping defeated npc :<

That do be what this mod do be doing, yes

Like I mean hostile npcs, I cannot kill the first imperial guard at helgen and I get no options to deal with them even with Hunters Pride Activated, they just get back up after some time, how do I execute them or use any of the other defeat options?