On 11/12/2022 at 7:23 PM, TheOldKing1998 said:

Like I mean hostile npcs, I cannot kill the first imperial guard at helgen and I get no options to deal with them even with Hunters Pride Activated, they just get back up after some time, how do I execute them or use any of the other defeat options?

If you are using Alternate Perspective make sure that you updated to V3.X, the guard there had an essential flag before

if the menu doesnt pop up and there is no 'Defeated' label on them, they are never defeated. That they get up on their own again is also not possible if YK would be responsible for this NPC, they are either down until you leave them behind or rescued

I strongly assume you just have an essential NPC there. Afaik, YK is even disabling itself automatically while you are in Helgen Keep

10 hours ago, Dude4231 said:

Just a question, but should I use a new save if I make changes to the Validation file? I'm not able to defeat any creatures after enabling it. Unless creatures cannot be defeated but can be assaulted as a result?

No, the Validation.yaml is read once every time you restart the game, independent of which save you are currently playing

Creatures cannot be defeated, they can only defeat others. The yaml file itself shouldnt be doing a whole lot here, its only used for a Papyrus function afaik

4 hours ago, SkyTem said:

I've heard that Skyrim AE is kind of buggy with a lot of mods.

Where did you hear that, as it's just not true. Yes, AE handles script execution differently to ensure high FPS, which results in longer execution times, but even that now is gone, since Papyrus Tweaks NG got released.

For everything else, AE is more stable than LE can ever get, engine wise (taken aside the general Skyrim twerks ^^), as it just has way more resources to work with. Biggest example: native support of more than 4GB RAM ^^

6 hours ago, SkyTem said:

I like this mod but is there ever going to be a release for the basic LE version?

Unlikely.

Scrab mentioned that the people who make the groundwork mods have long moved from LE to SE.

2 hours ago, SkyTem said:

Will LE mods work with the AE game?

Depends on the mod.

Mods that only change graphics should work.

Mods that have scripts may or may not work depending on which functions they use. If they use function that no longer exists or have been renamed / superseded by other functions they don't work (properly).

Mods with .dll files will not work (properly) in SE / AE.

2 hours ago, Mister X said:

Yes, AE handles script execution differently to ensure high FPS, which results in longer execution times

This is a myth

The papyrus opcode limit has been reduced from LE to SE, which is why you can observe a slowdown in SLs processing but there were no other notable changes to the papyrus VM otherwise and no changes from SE to AE either (And frankly, the opcode limit never hindered papyrus in majority of cases. The minority where it did matter is usually due to poor architecture and/or brute-force-algorithms and those also cause issues in LE (as can be observed with SL or SL Defeat))

The Papyrus Tweaks mod you mention merely increases the tolerance Papyrus has for low efficiency algorithms, even beyond that of LE

For record: "opcode limit" means how many basic operations papyrus can execute per frame, such as addition or loading/assigning variables.  If code hits that limit, its execution will be paused until the next frame

Example:

Spoiler

If a script only has 3 opcodes (e.g. a + b) and each frame can process 100 opcodes, then "a+b" will be equally fast processed on both LE and SE (theoretically) - here: in 1 frame. If a script however has more than 100, for example:

for i = 1 ... 500
	i+b

For simplicity, lets pretend that each iteration still only needs 3 opcodes, then this whole process would have a total of 500 * 3 = 1500 opcodes to process

This means with an opcode limit of 100, Papyrus will need 15 frames to execute this (1500/100), with an opcode limit of 500 only 3 frames (1500/500)

This is the actual reason why some mods are incredibly slow compared to others

Make sure to download the correct .dll patch for your version of the game

Yamete Kudasai 1.1

•  Added 3 additional Exclusion Keywords to use in the Exclusion.yaml:
    • Exl_Race
      To exclude specific races entirely (e.g. "NordRace")
    • Exl_Reference
      To exclude individual object references. This will come in handy for excluding very specific, leveled actors in the world, such as the bandits that Farkas fights when he first turns into a Werewolf
    • Exl_Faction
      To exclude factions, you could for example ignore the Civil War factions and thus stop them from "taking prisoners"
  • Excluded Farkas and the Silver hands during the fight where Farkas first turns into a Werewolf during the second Companions quest
  • Excluded the ghosts spawning during the Restoration master trial
  • Fixed Boar Struggle Animations not being played correctly
  • Changes to the assault quest:
    • Stealth-kills, Combat or Unloading no longer ends the Quest early
    • Assaulters being defeated will prevent them from further assaults
    • Halved max distance in which Assaulters may approach a Victim (4k -> 2k)
    • Fixed an issue with the Quest ending despite the Player still being 'exhausted'
    • Replaced Trauma Idle with a common Bleedout one

Yamete Kudasai 1.2

• Heavily expanded Consequence System:
    • Added Cooldown for individual quests (not used by any of the defaults)
    • Added Hidden Flag
    • Added priority levels
    • Consequences can now be conditioned on..
      • ActorBases
      • ObjectReferences
      • Factions
      • Player Factions
      • Player Magic-Effects
      • Completed Quests
      • Running Quests
  • Added a tracking quest which allows you to track a defeated follower
    • You may only track one follower at a time
    • Note that changing the tracked target will require you to reload the map before the map is updated. This seems to be an engine limitation
  • You can now view where a Follower is defeated by hovering over their entry in the MCM's debug page
  • All defeated followers will be listed in the MCM now, instead of only those who are currently loaded in
  • RaceTypes will now fallback and analyze the Race-EditorID of the given Actor before stating failure. This should help compatibility with custom races.
  • An NPC being affected by a player casted DoT spell (such as flames) will die from that DoT if the player isnt using Hunters Pride at the moment of death
    • Currently the NPC would be defeated instead, crediting the allied NPC as the "defeating actor"
  • Improved interaction with native code: Defeated NPC should now properly stay out of combat. Improved Performance
  • Refractured internal logic to improve performance
  • Fix processing-related native papyrus-functions
  • Fix unloaded NPC having their animations reset, causing them to stand upright despite them being defeated. This can be observed when leaving a defeated follower behind
  • Fixed SimpleSlavery consequences being triggered by creatures. This consequence is now only valid when being defeated by an NPC

----

Notice about future development:

I am developing a new Death Alternative mod which will replace Yamete Kudasais internal logic. This means that the next update to Y. Kudasai will no longer be using a .dll but instead be an add-on to this new Death Alternative mod - which is going to be a SFW project on Nexus

This will have some rather significant changes to YK, the most important for you will be:

• The entire external config (ie the config files) will be rewritten and reimplemented. Meaning any of your personal config files will need to be adapted to this new framework
  • There will be a stronger split between SFW and NSFW features
    This is overall a good thing as it means that certain features such as the Surrender Option will become NSFW exclusive and thus be overall more open to a bias towards NSFW content

There will more info about this new mod and details about its release sometime next month

Edited by Scrab
12 minutes ago, wnachenb said:

Is the new Yamete Kudasai compatible with the Paradise Halls Enhanced? I remember getting two dialog windows when trying a capture with both mods enabled...

I did not experience an issue with overlapping windows in 1.2, I also tested it with pahe specifically and had no issues

Edited by Scrab
On 11/16/2022 at 6:47 PM, Scrab said:

Yamete Kudasai 1.1

What Exclusion.yaml? Your mod contains 7 .yaml files and none of them are named "Exclusion"

Perhaps you meant "Validation.yaml"? Because that is described on the main page of your mod as follows:

Installation

• (...)
  • (...)
  • Go to Data/SKSE/Kudasai and read through the .yaml files there:
    • Validation.yaml lets you disable certain gender combinations and creatures for adult scenes

So Validation.yaml lets you disable (i.e. ' exclude') certain combinations for adult scenes, got it. Yet when you open the actual file itself it says the following:

Set Gender Combinations which are allowed to assault another here.

Completely the opposite description of what this file does. The examples that you proceed to give of how the syntax works apparently allow you to set certain combinations to true/false (i.e. include or exclude them) :

#   M<-M: false   -> A male will never assault another male
#   F<-F: true    -> A female is allowed to assault another female (same as if you didnt set anything)
#   C<-*: false   -> A Creature will never be assaulted by anyone
#   Follower:
#     M<-M: true  -> A male follower will be assaulted by another male (despite M<-M being disabled)

So apparently the file is used for enabling and disabling certain gender combinations. Or is it? Because it also says that

Genders which arent set will be implicitly considered allowed

Why include any instructions for inclusion at all then?

And then we come to your instructions on how to set creature combinations:

If you don't want a certain Creature Race to be excluded from Y. Kudasai, set them to 'false' here. Does NOT stop them from defeating you

What? I have read this sentence a couple of dozen times in an attempt to reply to it, but it is such a convoluted mess (especially in relation to all of the above) that I am unable to formulate a coherent response.

I'm sorry of I come across snarky or ungrateful, because I am grateful for your hard work. But godd*mn did this give me a headache.

Edited by Miller826
On 11/16/2022 at 11:47 AM, Scrab said:

Make sure to download the correct .dll patch for your version of the game

Yamete Kudasai 1.1

• Exl_Race
      To exclude specific races entirely (e.g. "NordRace")
    • Exl_Reference
      To exclude individual object references. This will come in handy for excluding very specific, leveled actors in the world, such as the bandits that Farkas fights when he first turns into a Werewolf
    • Exl_Faction
      To exclude factions, you could for example ignore the Civil War factions and thus stop them from "taking prisoners"
  • Excluded Farkas and the Silver hands during the fight where Farkas first turns into a Werewolf during the second Companions quest
  • Excluded the ghosts spawning during the Restoration master trial
  • Fixed Boar Struggle Animations not being played correctly
  • Changes to the assault quest:
    • Stealth-kills, Combat or Unloading no longer ends the Quest early
    • Assaulters being defeated will prevent them from further assaults
    • Halved max distance in which Assaulters may approach a Victim (4k -> 2k)
    • Fixed an issue with the Quest ending despite the Player still being 'exhausted'
    • Replaced Trauma Idle with a common Bleedout one

Yamete Kudasai 1.2

• Heavily expanded Consequence System:
    • Added Cooldown for individual quests (not used by any of the defaults)
    • Added Hidden Flag
    • Added priority levels
    • Consequences can now be conditioned on..
      • ActorBases
      • ObjectReferences
      • Factions
      • Player Factions
      • Player Magic-Effects
      • Completed Quests
      • Running Quests
  • Added a tracking quest which allows you to track a defeated follower
    • You may only track one follower at a time
    • Note that changing the tracked target will require you to reload the map before the map is updated. This seems to be an engine limitation
  • You can now view where a Follower is defeated by hovering over their entry in the MCM's debug page
  • All defeated followers will be listed in the MCM now, instead of only those who are currently loaded in
  • RaceTypes will now fallback and analyze the Race-EditorID of the given Actor before stating failure. This should help compatibility with custom races.
  • An NPC being affected by a player casted DoT spell (such as flames) will die from that DoT if the player isnt using Hunters Pride at the moment of death
    • Currently the NPC would be defeated instead, crediting the allied NPC as the "defeating actor"
  • Improved interaction with native code: Defeated NPC should now properly stay out of combat. Improved Performance
  • Refractured internal logic to improve performance
  • Fix processing-related native papyrus-functions
  • Fix unloaded NPC having their animations reset, causing them to stand upright despite them being defeated. This can be observed when leaving a defeated follower behind
  • Fixed SimpleSlavery consequences being triggered by creatures. This consequence is now only valid when being defeated by an NPC

----

Notice about future development:

I am developing a new Death Alternative mod which will replace Yamete Kudasais internal logic. This means that the next update to Y. Kudasai will no longer be using a .dll but instead be an add-on to this new Death Alternative mod - which is going to be a SFW project on Nexus

This will have some rather significant changes to YK, the most important for you will be:

• The entire external config (ie the config files) will be rewritten and reimplemented. Meaning any of your personal config files will need to be adapted to this new framework
  • There will be a stronger split between SFW and NSFW features
    This is overall a good thing as it means that certain features such as the Surrender Option will become NSFW exclusive and thus be overall more open to a bias towards NSFW content

There will more info about this new mod and details about its release sometime next month

Omg love  how  sounds the new updated!! thank you  so much for the news!

On 11/16/2022 at 10:37 PM, Scrab said:

I did not experience an issue with overlapping windows in 1.2, I also tested it with pahe specifically and had no issues

They don't overlap but double menu is still present. Installed YK for the first time ever just now and face this. Came to the forum to ask if it's normal. The menu above is not interactive if YK's menu is up, but becomes one after dismissing YK's menu below.

image.jpeg.96b00f53ce616a421fc8c7dac8ea8d91.jpegI

Also would like to ask if it's possible to turn off Player Defeat entirely. I set defeat chance to 0% in MCM, Lethality section, but keep getting into bleed out state rather than dying outright.

Edited by xarxyc

Most of the mod is working great and I love how fast and smoothly it operates!

But I've noticed two issues: (YT 1.2, my game is 1.6.353 and I'm using the 1.6.353 DLL)

• After being defeated and going through a scenario, I forever lose the ability to unsheathe my weapon. I have to manually input EnablePlayerControls in console to regain combat controls.
  • After defeating and stripping an NPC, their (now unequipped) armour does not appear in their inventory. I have to execute them to be able to loot it. Interestingly, the weapons can always be looted, even when equipped.
On 11/18/2022 at 6:42 PM, xarxyc said:

They don't overlap but double menu is still present. Installed YK for the first time ever just now and face this. Came to the forum to ask if it's normal. The menu above is not interactive if YK's menu is up, but becomes one after dismissing YK's menu below.

image.jpeg.96b00f53ce616a421fc8c7dac8ea8d91.jpegI

Also would like to ask if it's possible to turn off Player Defeat entirely. I set defeat chance to 0% in MCM, Lethality section, but keep getting into bleed out state rather than dying outright.

That's exactly the problem I was talking about...

On the topic of features, I think it would also be nice to have an MCM option for enable/disable defeat by NPC gender or race. 

The scenes are getting skipped when I got down, not sure why. I'm getting the error OStim: Unknown Animation class. Scenes fail to play but the consequences work fine. I'm currently using OStim NG does anyone know what the issue is? Here's screenshots.

Also, where do you get Paradise Hall enhanced? I thought that was a dead mod.

Screenshot 2022-11-20 211056.png

Screenshot 2022-11-20 211030.png

On 11/18/2022 at 10:42 PM, xarxyc said:

Disable Lethality defeat and exposed defeat

There is no way to exclude the player generally

On 11/19/2022 at 5:36 PM, Princessity said:

After being defeated and going through a scenario, I forever lose the ability to unsheathe my weapon. I have to manually input EnablePlayerControls in console to regain combat controls.

What scenario

On 11/19/2022 at 5:36 PM, Princessity said:

After defeating and stripping an NPC, their (now unequipped) armour does not appear in their inventory. I have to execute them to be able to loot it. Interestingly, the weapons can always be looted, even when equipped.

This is just how the game works. I tried to compensate for this by manually adding the armor, but this ended up creating a very easy exploit to dupe a bunch of armor so I removed it again

34 minutes ago, Grumbrum said:

After a defeat scene by this mod with sexlab anims my activate key stops working. I made the mistake to try to rebind it which made the activate entry in the control mapping list to vanish completely!!! The problem is reproducible (tested it two times). WTF???

The activation block in this mod is just a perk that.. well, blocks activation while you have the Defeat keyword on you

Its the very same feature that is used to disallow you to activate things as Vampire Lord of Werewolf

1 hour ago, Scrab said:

Disable Lethality defeat and exposed defeat

There is no way to exclude the player generally

What scenario

This is just how the game works. I tried to compensate for this by manually adding the armor, but this ended up creating a very easy exploit to dupe a bunch of armor so I removed it again

The activation block in this mod is just a perk that.. well, blocks activation while you have the Defeat keyword on you

Its the very same feature that is used to disallow you to activate things as Vampire Lord of Werewolf

Well, I guess it is not meant to be permanent then? Because it is permanent...

15 minutes ago, Grumbrum said:

Well, I guess it is not meant to be permanent then? Because it is permanent...

No its not

Check if you have the keyword "Kudasai_Defeated" and remove it. I wouldnt know any other explanation to your problem that could by caused by YK

17 hours ago, Scrab said:

What scenario

Back when I reported this, I'd only tested Assault. With Sexlab, if that helps.

But... I just went to try and reproduce the issue with the other two, and... I ended up discovering another problem.
No matter what I set the Consequence weights to, defeat always results in Assault. Even when I set its weight to 0 and Simple Slavery to 100, I only get Assault.

17 hours ago, Scrab said:

Oh, hmm... I wonder if there is a workaround. Do you  use the gift menu to handle that? It's been a few years since I modded Skyrim so I'm not sure how viable it is, but I wonder, would it be possible to co-opt the follower inventory menu for that purpose instead?

Edited by Princessity
19 hours ago, Scrab said:

Maybe as a potential workaround, temporarily add "Perfect Touch" as perk? So, while looting you can see equipped armor? Could this work?

Can someone confirm that this works with OStimNG + OpenSex combo, because I seriously can't get this working with that setup. Entering bleedout state works and OStim bars appears as if the scene started, but no animation plays and there's no struggle phase at all. I'm on 1.5.97 and I got the right DLL.

Edited by Laakeri