ZaZ Animation Pack (ZAP)

11 minutes ago, t.ara said:

You maybe use an ENB?....It ´s very much needed as there is no LOD been created-ZAP WORLD is an OPTION for gamers, which want to get some first impressions of the volume of the pack....it ´s also a TESTZONE.

Yes I'm using an ENB. The freezing happens every few minutes in the Zap world.

5 minutes ago, Talesien said:

While I agree wholeheartedly to most you said there is still this: https://steamcharts.com/cmp/72850,489830#All

While Skyrim SE has been pretty stable above 25k of players in the last 2 years (with a peak due to 1.6x), LE has been loosing players for years and now hovers just about 3k active players on average (so about 1/8 of the SE/AE player base). Sorry but that's a pretty dark trend.

THIS pack is for LE...is not standing in the SE download section.

13 minutes ago, Talesien said:

LE has been loosing players for years

I don't think anyone was trying to say otherwise.  My point was that there are many players who won't abandon LE, just as there are many players who won't abandon SE for AE.  In general (though based on discussion here, ZAP might be an exception), it's easier to port from LE to SE than to do the reverse.  Given the number of prominent mods (particularly on this site) that are developed on LE and then ported, that ease of porting from LE is a good thing.  As I've often said, I don't like to see anyone be left out. 

But that's really beside the main thought, which I'm sure you agree with, that no one is entitled to badger a mod author over that person's choice of development platform for a free mod.  The tone of the conversation has become more positive since the earlier posts, so I don't think anything more needs to be said about that.

I'm very interested to see how ZAP will continue to develop and what new things it will offer.

20 minutes ago, TheSilentCrow said:

Yes I'm using an ENB. The freezing happens every few minutes in the Zap world.

Payment for a not created optimization-for a fast release...you only can try to fiddle around with the gpu-settings/enb-settings....maybe you can find a working setup. Otherwise don ´t worry-that area is ONLY a TESTZONE.

1 minute ago, HexBolt8 said:

I don't think anyone was trying to say otherwise.  My point was that there are many players who won't abandon LE, just as there are many players who won't abandon SE for AE.  In general (though based on discussion here, ZAP might be an exception), it's easier to port from LE to SE than to do the reverse.  Given the number of prominent mods (particularly on this site) that are developed on LE and then ported, that ease of porting from LE is a good thing.  As I've often said, I don't like to see anyone be left out. 

But that's really beside the main thought, which I'm sure you agree with, that no one is entitled to badger a mod author over that person's choice of development platform for a free mod.  The tone of the conversation has become more positive since the earlier posts, so I don't think anything more needs to be said about that.

I'm very interested to see how ZAP will continue to develop and what new things it will offer.

I know that some like to see a SE-Version...but let me say...it will have endless loss of the most best stuff. SE is simply not compatible. Specially ZAP is filled up with assets, which can not run under SE. Those things but count for a fun-game. Cloth and static objects can be converted-BUT-if you auto-convert the wrong stuff, you get new files, which let SE crash. If you get TWO files, which crashes the game, you have no chance to find that error....lot of statical assets have MIXED texture-links. A converter is writing the wrong links and then your texture under SE is damaged-all those assets have to be manually edited again....so I try to explain how less chances you have for such a porting. INSTEAD it is MORE easy to begin with a NEW MOD for SKYRIM SE, which is congruent to that game and which is also planned optimal. WHAT shall OLD ZAP do in such a modern SKYRIM SE ?????

You can work under NEMESIS and maybe use directly DD for further asset-editions-DD has a strong framework and you can add wanted assets from ZAP into it EASILY...in between DD can handle FURNITURES...ööhhh activators AS furnitures, so you can also pick up assets of ZAP and drop them into DD as well-very fast to integrate. You can spare this "let ´s make some parts of ZAP...." out and start with a clean content, which you really and only like to see inside of SE. THAT ´s the best idea.

ZAP is ready and don ´t need further "development". It handles endless real furnitures, compatible with the original game and without any extra-line of code, it has nice restraint-mechanics for offsets and it cooperates with sexLAB. This pack has reached it ´s physical limits. I want to say that I filled this framework with it ´s suiting amount of content. Some years ago, I ran three instances of ZAP8 all beside each other with about 600 furnitures. Without any artefacts. This pack offers about 2000. All of them do work. And else you want a progress?- WOW !!!

ZazAnimation failed to install. Z.A.P. - ZaZ Animation Pack Version 9 - UUNP-HDT-Edition - SKYRIM-LE // A problem occurred during install: 
The specified path, file name, or both are too long. The fully qualified file name must be less than 260 characters, and the directory name must be less than 248 characters.
The mod was not installed. // Install // 

1 hour ago, Talesien said:

While I agree wholeheartedly to most you said there is still this: https://steamcharts.com/cmp/72850,489830#All

While Skyrim SE has been pretty stable above 25k of players in the last 2 years (with a peak due to 1.6x), LE has been loosing players for years and now hovers just about 3k active players on average (so about 1/8 of the SE/AE player base). Sorry but that's a pretty dark trend.

It's a trend but those remaining refuse to move to SE/AE like myself plus there mods like Temptress Race that hasn't been ported to SE until that done I won't move to SE.

58 minutes ago, t.ara said:

I know that some like to see a SE-Version...but let me say...it will have endless loss of the most best stuff. SE is simply not compatible. Specially ZAP is filled up with assets, which can not run under SE. Those things but count for a fun-game. Cloth and static objects can be converted-BUT-if you auto-convert the wrong stuff, you get new files, which let SE crash. If you get TWO files, which crashes the game, you have no chance to find that error....lot of statical assets have MIXED texture-links. A converter is writing the wrong links and then your texture under SE is damaged-all those assets have to be manually edited again....so I try to explain how less chances you have for such a porting. INSTEAD it is MORE easy to begin with a NEW MOD for SKYRIM SE, which is congruent to that game and which is also planned optimal. WHAT shall OLD ZAP do in such a modern SKYRIM SE ?????

You can work under NEMESIS and maybe use directly DD for further asset-editions-DD has a strong framework and you can add wanted assets from ZAP into it EASILY...in between DD can handle FURNITURES...ööhhh activators AS furnitures, so you can also pick up assets of ZAP and drop them into DD as well-very fast to integrate. You can spare this "let ´s make some parts of ZAP...." out and start with a clean content, which you really and only like to see inside of SE. THAT ´s the best idea.

I get it and you might be right that it's the best idea to not even try to have mods that span both versions. Though, one of the common arguments for developing mods in LE is that they can be easily ported to SE and that way no one is left out. Which is pretty much a diametrically opposed design philosophy to yours, but one shared by many mod authors here. Now, if we add an LE resource to the mix that's not available on SE, that either makes their argument mute or the resource unusable to them.
It won't help mod authors at all if there is an equivalent or even better alternative to ZAP available on SE, unless they wish to maintain two versions of their mod which are likely going to be (internally) massively different. I can't imagine anyone would be looking forward to that headache. Also, people that just port mods often do not have the knowledge, time or familiarity with the mod to do such a conversion (might be even faster to just recreate the mod, rather than converting in such a (theoretical) case).

You are of course fully entitled to do as you did and I'm not questioning the reasons. I'm however wondering if there will be much use of the new ZAP 9. Seems likely many people will (have to) keep using ZAP 8 as that's available to both versions of the game. And honestly that's a shame.

What is with all this criticism? The author created a mod for LE and not SE and people have to complain? You know there are people out there still making mods for Oblivion? Do those authors have to put up with indignancy for not creating their mods in SE? To be honest, it really upsets me to see that. The author has dedicated untold hours to create this mod and for what? This is exactly why so many mod authors just quit modding and leave. It's simple really. If you don't play LE, this mod is not for you. Move on. No need to post, just keep scrolling through.

I really don't care what it is they create, or for what platform they create it on, but if someone comes here and offers up their work to enhance someone else's experience, then they should be thanked profusely. PERIOD.

4 hours ago, yaner367 said:

Anyone know when CBBE version is coming?

Should be later today or tomorrow.

2 hours ago, EinarrTheRed said:

How many times and how many ways does T.ara have to say this.

ZAP 9.0 CANNOT be ported to SE.  Its not T.ara choosing not too, T.ara tried... for months.  It can't be ported. 

Blame Bugthesda if you want someone to complain too.

Thi. It has come up as recently as a few days before the WIP thread was deleted.  

As for the MEGA problem, we can work on a solution later maybe? So far, we have multiple archives and torrents as proposed alternative with T.ara's accord, of course.  

Thanks for mod. But more information wanted. Dont want to miss anything.

P.S. Cannot download without premium account in MEGA, only 3 GB. Will mod be available in parts?

Edited by crococat
7 hours ago, SilentOption said:

ZazAnimation failed to install. Z.A.P. - ZaZ Animation Pack Version 9 - UUNP-HDT-Edition - SKYRIM-LE // A problem occurred during install: 
The specified path, file name, or both are too long. The fully qualified file name must be less than 260 characters, and the directory name must be less than 248 characters.
The mod was not installed. // Install // 

so we need to look for a foreign letter inside of a file (i guess I adopted a foreign letter-name somewhere?)..bs folder check-if there ´s nothing like that, this error may be a result of the mod-manager or of windows itself.-If nothing is helping, you can extract the pack and install it manually-which then is working. There´s no such file, which has 260 characters, indeed not. Anyway will I also check that reason out today.

Edited by t.ara
32 minutes ago, crococat said:

Thanks for mod. But more information wanted. Dont want to miss anything.

If you have successfully installed this mod,..and if you can successfully enter the zap-park, then you have a game with much more options. You can see that if you open the creation-kit and look for the content under zazanimationpack. This is leading to the new materials.

2 hours ago, gin1 said:

Should be later today or tomorrow.

Thi. It has come up as recently as a few days before the WIP thread was deleted.  

As for the MEGA problem, we can work on a solution later maybe? So far, we have multiple archives and torrents as proposed alternative with T.ara's accord, of course.  

Later, but not today or tomorrow. I have to prepare my game to play with CBBE-HDT at first-means I need to change some things as I have the stuff installed MANUALLY to prevent kills of mod-managers. And btw. is a manual installation CLEAN. Things like having installation errors can not happen-anyway is the mod here also manually installed. I really am afraid of mod-managers-they can waste your game-same for LOOT. (which I tested lot of time with always nonsence results: nothing is better than to create a serious and manual prepared load-order)

Edited by t.ara
4 hours ago, EinarrTheRed said:

How many times and how many ways does T.ara have to say this.

ZAP 9.0 CANNOT be ported to SE.  Its not T.ara choosing not too, T.ara tried... for months.  It can't be ported. 

Blame Bugthesda if you want someone to complain too.

Thanks for your protection against the SE-lovers-I really can understand the wish to have this compatible with the 64bit game.

SE was simply a leveling up to comfort the graphics of this old successor again and to remind people about, that there was a game which mostly has been one of the best, ever created.

If you can tell me about somebody, who is creating a mod for SKYRIM SE without any oldrim tools and without oldrim itself, we can then talk about modding into SKYRIM SE. I guess SE is wanted mostly because of the higher-poly body-mesh of the CBBE-female-model. Anyway can this model also be prepared to work inside of SKYRIM, if wanted. You then can convert all the clothing easily down....then you have both world of game-fun all together. Anyway is the head the same as it ´s complex creation (RACE-MENU-DEPENDENCY)must have the reson to let it how it is, also inside of SKYRIM SE. About the stability of the 64-bit-engine, we can talk if we have changed the hair´s-quality to a next-level-game. All the hair-models of the modding scene are coming from sims 3 and such like games----moden hair means to add some detailed hair, which will also for SE mean to become very, very busy, then. And if one has installed about 200 mods, it also may look little different-only my guess. People want details of 4K graphics and have a character stuffed with poor-looking-hair. THIS DOESN ´T suit all together.

6 hours ago, Talesien said:

I get it and you might be right that it's the best idea to not even try to have mods that span both versions. Though, one of the common arguments for developing mods in LE is that they can be easily ported to SE and that way no one is left out. Which is pretty much a diametrically opposed design philosophy to yours, but one shared by many mod authors here. Now, if we add an LE resource to the mix that's not available on SE, that either makes their argument mute or the resource unusable to them.
It won't help mod authors at all if there is an equivalent or even better alternative to ZAP available on SE, unless they wish to maintain two versions of their mod which are likely going to be (internally) massively different. I can't imagine anyone would be looking forward to that headache. Also, people that just port mods often do not have the knowledge, time or familiarity with the mod to do such a conversion (might be even faster to just recreate the mod, rather than converting in such a (theoretical) case).

You are of course fully entitled to do as you did and I'm not questioning the reasons. I'm however wondering if there will be much use of the new ZAP 9. Seems likely many people will (have to) keep using ZAP 8 as that's available to both versions of the game. And honestly that's a shame.

There are of course mods, which can be entirely ported with a few steps and mouse-clicks. I know that. And I have checked out the posibilities to mod into SE. For what I am doing-my creations- are too complex for SE. I would be sad to lose functions, which I have created for hours and with the same technical background, compared with bethesda. I mentioned it sometimes to get a NIF-exporter for SKYRIM (SE). But it seems that bethesda has no rights on that tool, which is been created by another third-party manufactur. And I do not also have a suiting HCT, which is an integration for 3dsmax. It ´s always very high degree of engineering to have such tools for 3dsmax and the gameengine suiting and work all together. Even for FO 4 is the file-export of 3dsmax not directly compatible-you have to convert every single NIF-file. Maybe one has checked if the exporter is working for SKYRIM out of the box?....If so, it would be KNOWN.

If there´s only one to become happy with this, I will be happy, too.

Same question has been offered also when zap 8 came out. ZAP has always been a mod of very much irritating dialogues, confrontation and dispute, but in the end is it a mod which is active inside lot of installations-in different versions, of course. Being it´s contributor has been really anoying-very unpleasant job.

I think some of the furniture scripts require a bit of a rework....

Spoiler

20220802104530_1.jpg.34f01e6c699251f95bfe768af752cd32.jpg

Happens when trying to leave most furnitures. Character 3d gets detached and is dragged along with rotating feet.
Cuffs/accesory equip/unequip is also a bit hit and miss.

Edited by Pamatronic
8 minutes ago, Pamatronic said:

Reveal hidden contents

Happens when trying to leave most furnitures. Character 3d gets detached and is dragged along with rotating feet.

If it ´s possible, you can maybe put some few work into that.

It would be very nice...I also asked musje for that but we let it how it is.

The hit and miss is happening, if the slots don ´t are covered all. This is a task for the third-party-mod set-up. Inside of the testzone is this not relevant.

But the problem with the havok animation behavior may be a result of the riding option. I can not solve that otherwise only if I quit the riding of NPCs again.

You can take a look if you see a chance to repair that, welcome.

39 minutes ago, Pamatronic said:

Reveal hidden contents

For me interesting: BODYSLIDE error-free?

All textures FINE, no missing meshes in the zap-world?

If that is all fine, I am VERY, VERY happy.