Old HDT Support Thread.

Monsto Brukes

Ok, let me try this again.  Got no response last time.  xp32's ponytail with hdt physics (made from Azar's "AzarHairPonytail03.nif") will not give me ANY color (only black hair), although the physics work perfectly.  I've installed Azar's original mod, and all his hairs accept whatever color I wish to give them in racemenu, (in fact every other hair I have installed accepts color - ie, its not my game setup causing this).  I've tried transferring the new bones from xp32's nif to the originals - I get color but lose the physics.  I've tried copying the UVmaps from the originals to xp32's rigged hair - I get color but lose the physics.

Anybody have a clue how to fix this?  Even xp32's own videos of this mod show hair with color, so I know it can be done.  Can anyone help?

Thanks

PS  Also this is what xp32's "AzarHairPonytail03.nif" looks like in nifscope:

post-7171-0-01246800-1389072046_thumb.jpg

I don't know how that might affect color, but this is how all 3 versions I've downloaded looks.

Let's say you wanted to make hair from scratch and you were up to the point where you paint the hair: your hair texture must be desaturated to white, gray, or  black-try to use something in the middle like a silver color. The nif with the hair model must have its shader type set to hair tint. If you set the hair tint, but don't desaturate the texture (like the one you have in your picture is brown-has a really dark value) it won't matter if you move the color slider because the values from the slider will always be lighter than the one on the texture and won't multiply correctly.

The reason there is no movement when you paste xp32's bones into your  nif is because the mesh hasn't been vertex weighted. In order for the a nif to be driven by hdt you must import your hair mesh and skin it to the bones on xp32's skeleton.

Let's say you wanted to make hair from scratch and you were up to the point where you paint the hair: your hair texture must be desaturated to white, gray, or  black-try to use something in the middle like a silver color. The nif with the hair model must have its shader type set to hair tint. If you set the hair tint, but don't desaturate the texture (like the one you have in your picture is brown-has a really dark value) it won't matter if you move the color slider because the values from the slider will always be lighter than the one on the texture and won't multiply correctly.

The reason there is no movement when you paste xp32's bones into your  nif is because the mesh hasn't been vertex weighted. In order for the a nif to be driven by hdt you must import your hair mesh and skin it to the bones on xp32's skeleton.

theres a thing for this, called  > LOGIC  ;)

I've written a stand-alone tool that can automatically copy bones, weight paint, and skin partitions from a template mesh to an entire folder of nifs.

This tool can strip and re-rig an entire nif or copy a single bone,

One important feature that I'd like to develop for this tool is the ability to add any necessary rigging and nodes required to make a mesh compatible with the HDT physics extension.

In its current form, the tool will search for a NiStringExtraData block with a utf-8 encoded string that contains 'Havok' and copy that node from the template mesh to the target mesh(es).

Is that, plus the bones and weightpainting, all that is required to enable HDT support for a re-rigged mesh?

Thanks in advance

http://www.loverslab...eta08-1-6-2014/

I've written a stand-alone tool that can automatically copy bones, weight paint, and skin partitions from a template mesh to an entire folder of nifs.

This tool can strip and re-rig an entire nif or copy a single bone,

One important feature that I'd like to develop for this tool is the ability to add any necessary rigging and nodes required to make a mesh compatible with the HDT physics extension.

In its current form, the tool will search for a NiStringExtraData block with a utf-8 encoded string that contains 'Havok' and copy that node from the template mesh to the target mesh(es).

Is that, plus the bones and weightpainting, all that is required to enable HDT support for a re-rigged mesh?

Thanks in advance

http://www.loverslab...eta08-1-6-2014/

Yes and no, if it uses added custom bones (not found in the skeleton.nif) that mesh is weighted too the bone chain/s will need to be copied across as well. 

Yes and no, if it uses added custom bones (not found in the skeleton.nif) that mesh is weighted too the bone chain/s will need to be copied across as well.

Thanks for the information.  I've got a follow up question, if you have time. 

Let's assume for the moment that the person using Mesh Rigger has a template nif that is fully compatible with HDT.

They run mesh rigger with the 'delete existing rigging' option enabled and select a target mesh that they want to add HDT support to.

The tool will copy the following from the template nif onto the target nif:

Skeleton Root

Weighted Bones (orphan bones will not be copied)

Weight Painting (uses my vertex search algorithm)

Dismemberment Partitions (uses my vertex search algorithm)

Dismemberment partition properties

NiStringExtraData blocks containing 'Havok' in the string

It will then rebuild the skin partitions using the pyffi 'make skin partitions' spell using optimal settings for Skyrim

Are there additional, 'orphan' bones that would need to be copied to the nif that I should also have my rigging tool copy?

i dont want to be a complete asshole and dick more as i am, but really

if you guys really want to show off the power of the true power of HDT(i know that you guys love sexlab more than life), start using in some Vanilla assets, like Nocturnal's robes, vanilla long hair

and maybe IDK, a 100% animated Flail using the mace assets, it's weapon that exists in TES since daggerfall but it was forgotten due to betheda's lazy programming

its a suggestion, but something like this would bring more people to the project

Im using hdt 12.29 and everytime i try to go into game it crashes.... It seems like it only works with hdt 9.28. is anyone else having this problem?

had the same happen to me before, turned out it was interfering with an older version of Race Menu. I updated it and later versions started working. In general, keep any of the mods that use SKSE updated

Im using hdt 12.29 and everytime i try to go into game it crashes.... It seems like it only works with hdt 9.28. is anyone else having this problem?

had the same happen to me before, turned out it was interfering with an older version of Race Menu. I updated it and later versions started working. In general, keep any of the mods that use SKSE updated

wow thx it works now, I probably would have given up if it wasn't for you. Good man.

if you guys really want to show off the power of the true power of HDT(i know that you guys love sexlab more than life), start using in some Vanilla assets, like Nocturnal's robes, vanilla long hair

and maybe IDK, a 100% animated Flail using the mace assets, it's weapon that exists in TES since daggerfall but it was forgotten due to betheda's lazy programming

its a suggestion, but something like this would bring more people to the project

Completely agree. Or say, Cloaks of Skyrim and Winter is Coming...

Even silly things like HDT on earrings will probably get more support.

HDT Body Physics Customization and Documentation

Other documentation will be posted here as it is created.

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ 

Customizing the Physics of the Jiggiggle

Compilation of info about the XML file that accompanies the plugin and how to customize it to your tastes. Tutorial on hdt.monsto.com.

XML Notepad: for editing the XML file. Better for XML than any straight text editor.

If you figure out anything new about this file, please reply to this message in the thread (so I get notified) with the info.

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ 

Joy of Perspective

Enabling HDT Body Physics (thanks kharlynak and Vioxsis)

Full details in a tutorial on hdt.monsto.com

• Get and install The Joy of Perspective.
  • Install this skeleton.  (I downloaded the zip then manually added it to NMM and enabled it like normal).
  • Follow Vioxsis' directions for the body and all armor meshes (the first person versions) that you want to enable. That means 1 for the body and 1 for each outfit where you want the Joy of Perspective. (Yes, it's tedius).

On step 3, make sure you increment the NiNode's ExtraData count, and reference the ID of your StringExtraData in it. It should result in NiNode again being the only thing in the list, with StringExtraData under it (when you expand it).

Use the XML that comes with the latest HDT Body Physics. You can name it whatever you want, just make sure that it's named correctly in the path in your StringExtraData.

xp32 Mods

v2.0 (November 12 2013) Latest download Link

It is a work in progress. If you have problems, post in the thread.

HDTPhysX-Havok Ponytail Hair

A hair mod taking advantage of the framework provided by HDT Physics.

Physics Enabled Outfit

An outfit HDT Physics enabled on the fringes.

Gameplay videos

xp32 original video both hair and outfit.

A li'l HORSING around by Crowzer (Nov 6 version)

First dragon at western watchtower by Nshell

Breast Collision Setup Guide

Thanks Eu4orick (from this post)

You'll need:

Using nifscope picture tutorial via s666: http://www.loverslab...-body/?p=566933

Another way shorted explained here from ballsy::

"To elaborate, you'll need to open femalebody_0 and femalebody_1.nif in nifskope, right click the body, select block -> insert -> Nis... -> NiStringExtraData. Note that it is not NiStringsExtraData.

Right click NiStringExtraData on the block list, copy branch, right click on NiNode on select paste branch. Delete the original NiStringExtraData by right clicking -> block -> remove. Click on the new NiStringExtraData and use ctrl + up to shift it to the first line right after 0 NiNode.

Go to block details after clicking on NiStringExtraData and click on the txt icon of Name. Type in HDT Havok Path

Now go to block details line 4, String Data and click the txt icon. Enter the path where you installed ledo's xml.  (eg Data\SKSE\Plugins\hdt.xml)

Click Save As... in nifskope and replace the original femalebody nif file. Same stuff goes for armors.

Wow...getting headache... 

Ok for the SKSE plugin, but this animation is way more complex...any hope to get an easier package? Plus: I'm reading here and on the official forum that there is:

1. breast physic ( the SKSE plugin )

2. Breast collision ( the animation? )

3. Havok object ( breast + bottom and tbbp armors adaption? )

I'm getting very confused... :(

Even silly things like HDT on earrings will probably get more support.

The technical aspect of making a flail or cat-o-ninetails is daunting. . . to say the least. I have an idea what is required of it, but the person that actually has the skill to make blender/max do those things is rare around these parts. 

Here's a perspective:

Millions of people play(ed) skyrim, 100k's play with mods, 10k's actually mod (i'm in this group, I made an areola texture... yeah! impact, baby!), 1k's make meaningful mods (new weapons, hair, climate overhauls, completely new areas, etc.).

Now lets make it smaller. There's a dozen or so quality body meshes, 1 visualization mod (enb), 1 body customizer (body slide), 1 dick mod, 1 physics mod . . . Then there's canderes, who spent significant time in this early on, and clearly knows what the fuck he's doing, even he couldn't really get it quite right without taking several stabs at it. In his tutorial video he had to go back and fix things just to get it rigged on his mesh. And since he hasn't said much in a couple months, i'm guessing he either gave up or moved on with his life.

So while your suggestion is appropriate, you're telling the wrong people. Of the ~2k of posts in this thread, I'll bet < 100 have come from people with modelling experience, and only a couple of them have any experience or knowledge of skeletal physics or inverse kinematics, let alone basic modelling, let alone even getting 3ds max to not be a giant pain in the ass. 99.97% (probably not all that inaccurate) of the users in this thread are using the work of the unique few and just patiently waiting to see what they come up with. 

It's like when you know you're about to move to a new apartment, you don't want to piss off that one guy you know that has a truck. 

Wow...getting headache... 

Ok for the SKSE plugin, but this animation is way more complex...any hope to get an easier package? Plus: I'm reading here and on the official forum that there is:

1. breast physic ( the SKSE plugin )

2. Breast collision ( the animation? )

3. Havok object ( breast + bottom and tbbp armors adaption? )

I'm getting very confused... :(

you're thinking too hard. (=

and you gotta walk before you can run. Start with the basic install, outlined in the op. Then, if you seek more, come back around and ask away.

It's like when you know you're about to move to a new apartment, you don't want to piss off that one guy you know that has a truck. 

People with knowledge need like in gamedev ,split in teams and do one task - create hdt hairs/ cloth/ body/ etc, and need a normal tutorial for HCT.work will be faster and mods will see the light sooner :) 

I tested havok object and hdt skirts, collision from hvkobj affect the  skirt ,it looks bad.Without its pretty,strange that they interact. Will it be with other hdt clothes to hmm ?

:D

m3ahf7ezhs356as7g.jpg

http://www.mediafire.com/download/p3oujueqjsu60cb/HDT%20Earrings%20V1.7z

They constantly collide with each other/the face, can't find the bit of info in this thread about turning it off.... :mellow:  

Dude I hate you. Stop doing awesome shit to prove me wrong. I hate being wrong, especially in front of other people.

This didn't need a bone to work at all? I was under the impression that in order to work, it needed . . .  oh shit... wait a minute. . .

I remember now. . . without the skeleton_female.hkx, the mod adds a dynamic bone if it's referred to in the xml . . . is that right?

[ediot] and wait . . . you mean they collide with each other thru the head? using JFF, that'd be 

RigidBodies > Earring > Collisions > . . .

Shape > hkpSphereShape and set the radius.

GroupID > click the dropdown and select head

No Collide With > select I THINK Default, which is itself... again I THINK

There's an exchange in here between me and Hydro about the collision being worked on. I don't remember when it was, but it may have been after v12-29 rls.

Archived