Old HDT Support Thread.

Monsto Brukes

HDT patches in the skeleton in the mesh nif so i can add any bones i/you want, with out the needing to be in the skeleton.nif/hkx.

And the rigid body's are constantly colliding with each other and the head mesh, so they are constantly moving and never settle down.

JFF? Just for fun? i did not use that tool its a export from max HCT.

I'll go grab it and have a look.

:D And you never accounted for some one who meets all the requirements and thinks they're funny. ^_^  

Is there a limit to the number of rigid bodies you can have? I reused a ragdoll that I built a long time ago and hoped to use it to end all the chest/arm/leg/neck clipping problems with hair. I tried doing a loin cloth just to test it. I made all the rigid bodies from the vanilla ragdoll keyframe, used debris for only the moving parts, and renamed everything so the names are identical in the nif/xml. Even with that though the loincloth mesh disappears when equipped. There has to be a limit to the number of rigid bodies or something because when I remove the xml the nif loads fine. Pelvis is the root rigid body.

The capsules you make have to be outside of/not touching the rigid bodies on the ragdoll, or they never stop colliding. If your mask is all 24x 1s it wont collide with anything. http://www.loverslab.com/topic/19451-hdt-support-unoff-customizer-app-for-hdt-support-migration-rls-v9-28-latest-v12-27/page-67?do=findComment&comment=573400

I will make another one to see if the same thing happens, but I'm pretty sure I did everything the way I normally would.

hdt_ragdoll.png

i dont want to be a complete asshole and dick more as i am, but really

if you guys really want to show off the power of the true power of HDT(i know that you guys love sexlab more than life), start using in some Vanilla assets, like Nocturnal's robes, vanilla long hair

and maybe IDK, a 100% animated Flail using the mace assets, it's weapon that exists in TES since daggerfall but it was forgotten due to betheda's lazy programming

its a suggestion, but something like this would bring more people to the project

Completely agree. Or say, Cloaks of Skyrim and Winter is Coming...

Even silly things like HDT on earrings will probably get more support.

The technical aspect of making a flail or cat-o-ninetails is daunting. . . to say the least. I have an idea what is required of it, but the person that actually has the skill to make blender/max do those things is rare around these parts. 

Here's a perspective:

Millions of people play(ed) skyrim, 100k's play with mods, 10k's actually mod (i'm in this group, I made an areola texture... yeah! impact, baby!), 1k's make meaningful mods (new weapons, hair, climate overhauls, completely new areas, etc.).

Now lets make it smaller. There's a dozen or so quality body meshes, 1 visualization mod (enb), 1 body customizer (body slide), 1 dick mod, 1 physics mod . . . Then there's canderes, who spent significant time in this early on, and clearly knows what the fuck he's doing, even he couldn't really get it quite right without taking several stabs at it. In his tutorial video he had to go back and fix things just to get it rigged on his mesh. And since he hasn't said much in a couple months, i'm guessing he either gave up or moved on with his life.

So while your suggestion is appropriate, you're telling the wrong people. Of the ~2k of posts in this thread, I'll bet < 100 have come from people with modelling experience, and only a couple of them have any experience or knowledge of skeletal physics or inverse kinematics, let alone basic modelling, let alone even getting 3ds max to not be a giant pain in the ass. 99.97% (probably not all that inaccurate) of the users in this thread are using the work of the unique few and just patiently waiting to see what they come up with. 

It's like when you know you're about to move to a new apartment, you don't want to piss off that one guy you know that has a truck. 

Just so you know, I am in the percentage that made mods, even one on nexus for FO3, and put an MGS Gekko in San Andreas so know all about the joys of skeletons and rigging. ;)

Edit, but I cant quote worth a fuck.

Still nothing. Can you please take a look at this when you have time Hydrogen? I get invalid serialize whenever I look at the log. My first problem was that I didn't include a uvw for the loincloth mesh, I fixed that, but the model just seems to be static like if it were rigged to the skeleton, but with no HDT motion.

I figured out what I was doing wrong. Will post the ragdoll later after I iron out some kinks. There's some jitter, but atleast the rigid bodies don't pass through the back, arm/shoulder area, thighs/pelvis. The radius of the rigid bodies if your using capsules has to be smaller than in the original vanilla ragdoll or things begin colliding as soon as the item is put on. I'm looking into using mesh/box rigid bodies to stop the jittering.

I did the full path to the file instead of data\meshes\...-really stupid.

:D

m3ahf7ezhs356as7g.jpg

http://www.mediafire.com/download/p3oujueqjsu60cb/HDT%20Earrings%20V1.7z

They constantly collide with each other/the face, can't find the bit of info in this thread about turning it off.... :mellow:  

How about this . . . rather than entire hairs, what about hair pieces? A latch on ponytail, for example. I suppose that it would take actual skyrim work to make it take the properties of existing hair.

Just a thought.

How about this . . . rather than entire hairs, what about hair pieces? A latch on ponytail, for example. I suppose that it would take actual skyrim work to make it take the properties of existing hair.

Just a thought.

An equipable ponyarse? wouldn't that look a little odd.. Would skyrim shade it properly if its added as an armour and not as hair? This sound weird.... How long should i make it?  :lol: 

Let's say you wanted to make hair from scratch and you were up to the point where you paint the hair: your hair texture must be desaturated to white, gray, or  black-try to use something in the middle like a silver color. The nif with the hair model must have its shader type set to hair tint. If you set the hair tint, but don't desaturate the texture (like the one you have in your picture is brown-has a really dark value) it won't matter if you move the color slider because the values from the slider will always be lighter than the one on the texture and won't multiply correctly.

The reason there is no movement when you paste xp32's bones into your  nif is because the mesh hasn't been vertex weighted. In order for the a nif to be driven by hdt you must import your hair mesh and skin it to the bones on xp32's skeleton.

theres a thing for this, called  > LOGIC  ;)

Thanks for the response(s), - I'll ignore romeozero's snarky one - but you haven't answered the question I asked.  That is, "why doesn't xp32's rigged hair show color, when I've seen videos of it in action with blonde, brown, red, etc. hair coloring?"  And also the original mod used by xp32 shows color just like every other hair I have (vanilla, apachii, etc.).

As for the texture in my picture, its from Azar's original mod and works perfectly on his hair - perfectly on the very same hair nif (AzarHairPonytail03.nif) used by xp32.  And, as I said, I didn't lose the color when I transferred the "bones with weighted vertices" (accomplished with a certain beta app you are now aware of) to the original nif, nor did I lose the color when I transferred the UV maps from the original to xp32's nif.  In BOTH cases, I lost the physics.

You're wrong on both counts:  The texture is not the problem (The identical texture was packaged with xp32's rigged hair); nor is the problem the vertex weighting of the mesh, the physics of xp32's hair work perfectly, there just is no color.  I'm not building a hair from scratch, I trying to get an existing hair to show color, as xp32's own demo videos clearly show it is capable of doing.

My guess is that xp32 has altered both the hairline mesh (removing the front bangs) and the hair mesh (removing the ponytail) sufficiently that even a perfect transfer of the bones and weights to the original meshes breaks the physics because the meshes are too different. (the front bangs and ponytail are on both the original meshes).  The shader values are identical in all four meshes - hair tint is set to the exact same color (#222222), in fact the entire BSLightingShaderProperty is identical in both original and rigged meshes.(It was the first place I looked, because LOGICALLY, problems with color are likely to be found here)

The tri file is much larger in xp32's mod than the original, but I have no idea how to even read a tri file, much less alter it, or if it has any effect on color - especially since the original mesh shows color with either tri file - xp32's mesh with neither.

The site shows xp32's hair has been downloaded over 1000 times, and I'm the ONLY ONE with a color problem?  Sighs...

I didn't realize he was still using more than one mesh for the hair, but yeah it could all be fit into one mesh a hair or hairline because I've done that before. Tri doesn't do anything for hair I believe, but you need it anyway so the hair can be added as a head/hairpart.

http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/6402/?

Upload the hair/xml and I'll take a look at them.

You know what I forgot? The NiTrishapeData has a "Has Vertex Colors" entry you may need to switch to yes. For one reason or another sometimes isn't enabled by default or on export from 3ds Max. Try that and updating the tangent space/smoothing the mesh in the nifskope viewport.

Just a thought.

An equipable ponyarse? wouldn't that look a little odd.. Would skyrim shade it properly if its added as an armour and not as hair? This sound weird.... How long should i make it?  :lol: 

why don't you rip parts of sg or apachii off? Just copypasta. The spiraly ones could be fun.

[edit] Dude I'm starting to get a sense of the impact of the batch of user created skyrim tools . . . 

with the spiraly equipable hair extensions . . . 

1) nifskope to rip it down to the spiraly bits

2) outfit studio to weight paint.

3) mesh rigger to . . . I dunno, but I feel something there.

4) just for fun to build the xml

I didn't realize he was still using more than one mesh for the hair, but yeah it could all be fit into one mesh a hair or hairline because I've done that before. Tri doesn't do anything for hair I believe, but you need it anyway so the hair can be added as a head/hairpart.

You know what I forgot? The NiTrishapeData has a "Has Vertex Colors" entry you may need to switch to yes. For one reason or another sometimes isn't enabled by default or on export from 3ds Max. Try that and updating the tangent space/smoothing the mesh in the nifskope viewport.

The NiTrishapeData is quite different from the original (almost 50% more verices in the orig), but the "Has Vertex Colors" is set to yes in all four meshes - and all vertex colors are white (#ffffff).

Here's xp32's hair in the 7z I downloaded - latest I've found:

xp32Ponytail for HDT Physics Extension for Latest HDT plugin-47000-11-16d.7z

And here is Azar's Ponytail Hair mod:

AzarPonytail Hairstyles v3_0-31797-3-0.rar

Thanks for your help, whenever you get a chance.

canderes, on 10 Jan 2014 - 9:38 PM, said:

Its vertex colors and bs num uv sets 4097 with 3 has  normals,vertex is color control.Sometimes  export ignors it and you cant even copy original bsShaders.Try again expt.I have other bug alphaproperty not working , even copy from vanilla.Hairs just transparent . And as i make more and more hdt hairs and cloth the game hits fps from 60 to 1.5.

I dont think all hdt phx will work in this game.

Just a thought.

Earrings worked a treat on followers with no HDT hair, possible just the hairstyle itself hitting the earrings though as a couple of my followers use ponytails that are non HDT.

The girl equiped with HDT hair they went mental and it actually unequips them after half a second of being worn, never seen equipment automatically unequip like that before.

As for long ponytails, as long as you can make them if you like.

HDT hair wigs are easier to make followers use without all the hassle of using control other spells and racemenuing them or editing the follower esp itself.

The xp32 files you uploaded worked fine, they moved with hdt, and could be colored with the slider. You didn't install some hair color addon did you? I don't remember what mod it was exactly that I did before but all I was able to use was blonde-some beauty addon or something fucked up the color slider on about half of the hairs I had installed. What version of the physics plugin do you have installed btw?

I've tested the earrings and this is what I saw : 

In game :

post-252277-0-22479600-1389393702_thumb.jpg

When in console :

post-252277-0-73422000-1389393754_thumb.jpg

As you can see, one is "flying" literally, and is twitching (too lazy to make a gif). The other is not so high but not really in a normal position imho.

And I've got to say why I took 2 pics : it is difficult to see but dynamic earrings are crushed when in game and look normal in console, and it is pretty much the same for the dynamic hair even if it is not really a "crush" effect but rather a "shorter" effect on some parts of the hair.

So to be clear, I'm using hdtPhysicsExtension (can't remember the version but it's a custom made by some guy on monsto forum for good jiggle/bounce but not so much because he/she still wanted the hair physics working quite well, and it is !), HDT Havok Object but it's not equipped when I took these pics, and of course the dynamic ponytail.

Just a thought.

Earrings worked a treat on followers with no HDT hair, possible just the hairstyle itself hitting the earrings though as a couple of my followers use ponytails that are non HDT.

The girl equiped with HDT hair they went mental and it actually unequips them after half a second of being worn, never seen equipment automatically unequip like that before.

As for long ponytails, as long as you can make them if you like.

HDT hair wigs are easier to make followers use without all the hassle of using control other spells and racemenuing them or editing the follower esp itself.

I  can not edit hdt hair onto followers esps  It gives me all sort of missing hair bones messages in ck when i try to do full view  .....     it shows hair reaching to floor ....   and when I ctrl/f4  to export the nif  it does not export hair at all!

I did not try to control in game and save face from alternate mod!

Did any one manage to make xp32 hair attach to a npc via esp ???

canderes, on 10 Jan 2014 - 9:38 PM, said:

Its vertex colors and bs num uv sets 4097 with 3 has  normals,vertex is color control.Sometimes  export ignors it and you cant even copy original bsShaders.Try again expt.I have other bug alphaproperty not working , even copy from vanilla.Hairs just transparent . And as i make more and more hdt hairs and cloth the game hits fps from 60 to 1.5.

I dont think all hdt phx will work in this game.

I'd be quite happy with just ONE ponytail with physics and color.

Archived