ENHANCED FEMALE BOTTOM

18 hours ago, Clydie said:

Yes, works fine for me. If you go to CAS with your female sim in nude outfit. Do you see there only this one in the bottom tab,  or is there a second ?

I don't have a nude outfit tab in CAS if that's the tab you're referring to. I think that's something added by XCAS which I don't use.

I've discovered something new though. I was testing the mesh by just going into CAS and applying the nude clothing bottom from Cmar, which is supposed to display whatever default mesh you have installed, but for some reason when I put that on it's showing what looks like the flat EA bottom instead. If I switch to the naked outfit using MasterController then I see the detailed bottom. It also displays correctly during sex animations, so the problem seems to be with the nude clothing.

Edit: So it might not be the nude clothing at fault either. I moved the 2 package files out of Overrides and back into Packages, and now the naked outfit no longer displays the proper bottom mesh either. I must have another package that includes a bottom mesh somewhere which is overriding it. I'll have to hunt it down.

Edit 2: I've tracked down the culprit. I've got a bunch of the CAS Overhaul packages from Carversims in my Overrides folder, and for some reason the Base Game package "CARVER_EP0_basegame_DEF.package" seems to include nude parts.

Edit 3: I believe I've successfully removed the conflicting nude parts from that overhaul package, so everything is working fine now.

Edited by Omicr0n

What top mesh is everyone pairing with this? I've been using the one from GECK.O, but it seems to cause a waist seam/gap that's very visible during certain animations. I should note that I had the waist seam even with Cmar's bottom, so it's not the fault of this bottom mesh.

Edited by Omicr0n

Hey Just saying thanks for the awesome mod, Love the different body type selections its my fav kind of mod, But With the current update I noticed it not showing up in my nude outfits (got the non default 1.20) and It worked for all the other versions, Did all my cache clears and resets and new games but it wont work for some reason now, Just wondering if there is anything else i could do to find out how to fix this ,thanks! 

For anyone having trouble having the default replacement show up in CAS, if your using cmar's nouveau nudists (nude bottoms and tops) it wont show up when using those bottoms, you need to be on your sims actual naked outfit to see the new mesh.

If you have KW (idk if its different from default sims or passion) you just make your sim change outfit to "Naked" then use debug or mastercontroller to enter CAS when the sim is naked.

If anyone where to make an updated nude clothing bottom that works with this I would be forever grateful.

On 9/12/2022 at 4:53 AM, Omicr0n said:

What top mesh is everyone pairing with this? I've been using the one from GECK.O, but it seems to cause a waist seam/gap that's very visible during certain animations. I should note that I had the waist seam even with Cmar's bottom, so it's not the fault of this bottom mesh.

As I have discussed with @CHboom!, This appears to be something with Cmar's top meshes. As I believe Gecko's top works with Cmar's sliders, his top is probably based on Cmar's top, as is the one I have been working on. I have no seam with my YA/ A top, however the teen mesh, yes, a visible waist seam, although the neck seam is fine. I spent quite a bit of time trying to solve the problem, with mixed results. Thought I had it, but as I tend to test for a while, the problem showed again, but only from certain angles. As is my personal way, I stepped away from that project for a time (as to not toss my laptop out of frustration), then got into other things, and cannot say when I will be looking into it again. Hopefully, CHboom! will find something while I take my break. I also may run this by JoshQ, however I tend to think it may lead back to a similar techique that he uses for MedBod seams, which involves Milkshap, which I do not use.

5 hours ago, John Torque said:

For anyone having trouble having the default replacement show up in CAS, if your using cmar's nouveau nudists (nude bottoms and tops) it wont show up when using those bottoms, you need to be on your sims actual naked outfit to see the new mesh.

If you have KW (idk if its different from default sims or passion) you just make your sim change outfit to "Naked" then use debug or mastercontroller to enter CAS when the sim is naked.

If anyone where to make an updated nude clothing bottom that works with this I would be forever grateful.

KW has 'hidden' outfits which won't be recognized by NRaas (why would they be?) and the easiest way to see this in action is to make a 'nude' venue. The sims entering this lot would be removed of all clothing AND accessories even if you customized the naked outfit. So somewhere along the way Oniki has created a nude outfit that seems to be beyond the reach of players unless they went into the mod itself.

10 hours ago, TheLadysGhost said:

As I have discussed with @CHboom!, This appears to be something with Cmar's top meshes. As I believe Gecko's top works with Cmar's sliders, his top is probably based on Cmar's top, as is the one I have been working on. I have no seam with my YA/ A top, however the teen mesh, yes, a visible waist seam, although the neck seam is fine. I spent quite a bit of time trying to solve the problem, with mixed results. Thought I had it, but as I tend to test for a while, the problem showed again, but only from certain angles. As is my personal way, I stepped away from that project for a time (as to not toss my laptop out of frustration), then got into other things, and cannot say when I will be looking into it again. Hopefully, CHboom! will find something while I take my break. I also may run this by JoshQ, however I tend to think it may lead back to a similar techique that he uses for MedBod seams, which involves Milkshap, which I do not use.

Yeah I tried switching back to Cmar's top but the gap between the top and bottom remained. I guess the last time I remember not having a visible gap was when I had both the top and bottom meshes from Cmar. Supposedly there's no gap if you use GECK.O's top+bottom, but pregnancy morphs were never added for the bottom mesh.

On 9/19/2022 at 2:23 AM, Omicr0n said:

Yeah I tried switching back to Cmar's top but the gap between the top and bottom remained. I guess the last time I remember not having a visible gap was when I had both the top and bottom meshes from Cmar. Supposedly there's no gap if you use GECK.O's top+bottom, but pregnancy morphs were never added for the bottom mesh.

I do not have Gecko's meshes, but as you say they do not have pregnant morph, I would think they must be a "simple", remesh package, and that Cmar's nipple sliders do not work with the top??? What it appears Cmar did involves creating her own morph meshes for LOD's 1 and 2 (L3 distance and detail is is not necessary to bother), and geom based (slider morph) meshes for the nipple sliders. Both Blender and TSRW will renumber mesh vertices, and as geom sliders work on vertices position, numbers do not match, slider does not work. If you do not alter how many vertices are in the mesh, MTK can renumber them to match a donor mesh. In this case, Cmar's top, and the sliders work. 

My meshes have both pregnancy morphs, and work with Cmar's sliders. BUT... tf waist seam. I can easily make a tf top with preg morph and no waist seam, but it won't work with the sliders, which is also a main goal that I have in making a new top. 

Other problem is that I can be dense, and despite going over Cmar's tutorial for making a geom based slider many many MANY times, I have not had success in making one. Otherwise, I would just make my top and new sliders.

Spoiler

image.jpeg.256a70195618f996b9de99236392bca1.jpeg

Screenshot-58.jpg.f7edb51b6bfcddaf0d05e906fe25319d.jpgScreenshot-59.jpg.38311bd88613a8dc61c4b6155c05f316.jpgScreenshot-62.jpg.bba8fe34990596bd7fdedebfe519baf9.jpg

The second pic almost looks like a skins issue, but they are my custom skins, and I know textures are okay, as it's the same image used for both top and bottom, so the image does not have a seam and that the muscle sliders are set to work. I found that even though Skininator will search for, and use game files if none are included in the skins package, that it does not add the muscle slider texture, and you must add it into the package for it to work. 3rd and 4th look pretty good, but I still see the seam on the tf, and if I had a pic of her back, the seam gets much worse. I'll return to the project sooner or later.

• 2 weeks later...

@CHboom!, I may have found something that will fix the tf waist seam issue. Currently, I have my bottom in testing, and it looks pretty good (with my top). I still have a VERY slight hint of a seam in area of spine. I will be trying this method today, on my top to see if that eliminates the seam completely.

I am using BOTH Blender 2.80, and 2.93, and geom tools by Smug Tomato that correspond to each version. Sorry, no pics...

Blender 2.80, I import my tf bottom nude mesh as geom.

Remove top row of faces at waist.

Merge vertices by distance and clear any sharps which may have deveeloped in places you don't want sharps.

Set normals as you usually do. Rename, clean bones, split seams, recalculate and export as geom. Be sure seam fix is set for tf L1... this will fix ankle seams.

Blender 2.93, import the tf bottom nude mesh from either EA or Cmar's tf bottom fixed package.

IMPOTANT: In 2.93, there is a box on upper right during import, "preserve normals". Be sure that is checked!!! I think this is the key!!! 

* The mesh wil not show any seams in the 3d view.

Separate the top row of faces along the waist. Delete the remaining mesh.

Import your bottom mesh as geom, that you removed top row from. "Presrve normals"!

I do not know if the joining order matters. I have only done as joining my bottom to the waist row.

Highlight ONLY the seam between the meshes you have joined, but DO NOT highlight one of the vertices sets along the side seam!!! Merge those vertices.

Now, merge that last set of vertices.

* I did it this way as not to now need to split that seam, and possibly alter the normals on that edge.

For export, I only clicked "Recalculate ID's"!

Next, I used MTK to convert to .wso. 

* As bone weights are part of this, DO NOT use any of the tools that replace bone weights! You can experiment with any part of this later to see if there is improvement or no, but for now, the bone weights of the converted geom should be fine, if you set them correctly in your original mesh, and the waist seam bone weights (AND normals) are what we need to preserve. We need a baseline to experiment from.

Add morphs as usual and import L1 to TSRW to make your package. Renumber as necessary in edit.

Let me know how it goes.

Edited by TheLadysGhost

Just butting in because I like this project but it bums me out that the teen bottom is so wonky. 

So, from what I can see the seam seems (hah) to be there because the muscle slider doesn't work on it for some reason. I immediately recognized it, because this was a problem a long, long time ago when the muscle slider was first introduced. See this pictures here: https://modthesims.info/d/428755 

It looks exactly like the problem the teen bottoms have. I also noticed that 'You are real'  by buhudain doesn't work on the teen bottom but it does on the adult version, which makes me think this bottom doesn't support normal maps. That would explain both problems. 

Hope this helps!

Oh, and while I'm here, I would love a version without the 3d navel as it doesn't match up with my favorite default skin ?

18 hours ago, MaryJane said:

Just butting in because I like this project but it bums me out that the teen bottom is so wonky. 

So, from what I can see the seam seems (hah) to be there because the muscle slider doesn't work on it for some reason. I immediately recognized it, because this was a problem a long, long time ago when the muscle slider was first introduced. See this pictures here: https://modthesims.info/d/428755 

It looks exactly like the problem the teen bottoms have. I also noticed that 'You are real'  by buhudain doesn't work on the teen bottom but it does on the adult version, which makes me think this bottom doesn't support normal maps. That would explain both problems. 

Hope this helps!

Oh, and while I'm here, I would love a version without the 3d navel as it doesn't match up with my favorite default skin ?

My sister from another mister! There is something in Nysha's post that may be helpful, regarding the mesh itself, and part cloned being an issue. THANK YOU for that link! I knew of Cmar's muscle fix, but had not seen Nysha's. I am now looking at using singed bottom as the clone base for my nude bottom. If what I try works, I will share.

I never really knew what EA screwed up... Above my pay rate (as my husband might say). I have read, and know there are some issues with older skins and muscle slider in general. Ones I worked on, I added that "cuteness" normals map to the skins package, and that slider works okay. Mesh normals is different, and has to do with how light reflects off of the mesh itself, before mormals maps are applied. Tops and bottoms separates, will have a seam that needs to be matched. MTK, Smug Tomato's Blender tools (2.80) and MS tools fix that seam... except, both MTK and Blender do not fix the tf nude seam for whatever reason, and it may go back to that post by Nysha, and a flaw in the mesh being cloned???

So, I will be trying to clone from the tf singed bottom, as Nysha mentioned. )))))

1 hour ago, TheLadysGhost said:

My sister from another mister! There is something in Nysha's post that may be helpful, regarding the mesh itself, and part cloned being an issue. THANK YOU for that link! I knew of Cmar's muscle fix, but had not seen Nysha's. I am now looking at using singed bottom as the clone base for my nude bottom. If what I try works, I will share.

I never really knew what EA screwed up... Above my pay rate (as my husband might say). I have read, and know there are some issues with older skins and muscle slider in general. Ones I worked on, I added that "cuteness" normals map to the skins package, and that slider works okay. Mesh normals is different, and has to do with how light reflects off of the mesh itself, before mormals maps are applied. Tops and bottoms separates, will have a seam that needs to be matched. MTK, Smug Tomato's Blender tools (2.80) and MS tools fix that seam... except, both MTK and Blender do not fix the tf nude seam for whatever reason, and it may go back to that post by Nysha, and a flaw in the mesh being cloned???

So, I will be trying to clone from the tf singed bottom, as Nysha mentioned. )))))

Hello theree! :D

What I personally think the problem is, is that the normal map, the bump map so to say, doesn't appear on this bottom. That causes the seam. I know mesh normals are different, but because the you are real bumpmap also doesn't show up on the bottom I think that is the issue. At least part off 

4 minutes ago, MaryJane said:

Hello theree! :D

What I personally think the problem is, is that the normal map, the bump map so to say, doesn't appear on this bottom. That causes the seam. I know mesh normals are different, but because the you are real bumpmap also doesn't show up on the bottom I think that is the issue. At least part off 

Far too often (for me) initial success is quickly followed by unmitigated FAILURE! ? Or, just some small detail that frustrates me to no end. 

As both Cmar and Nysha had looked into the issue of the muscle slider problem, and I do remember such issues in my game a long time ago, I agree it may be, at least, some of the problem with tf nude bottoms. Aparently, EA never fixed it in any patches?

So smething odd happened when I tried using the singed bottom... although I removed textures from the package (in Tsrw), the burnt texture somehow showed up on my bottom in game. Not sure what the heck happened to cause that? And switching to another bottom, then back did not rid me of it. Also, the arms collapsed in, which is bonedeltas... not sure what EA or TSRW did to cause that. Tf briefs uses a normal map, although it's just a 32 x 32 with no bump texture to it. I added my base map in it's place for now.

Also, I changed the settings under the mesh tab in TSRW, so things like ambient, reflective, etc, match the top settings.

Next step was to remake the package in TSRW using tf briefs as clone base. I also remade my mesh, using the top 2 rows of faces from Cmar's muscle fixx mesh. It also showed the tf briefs at first, but switching to another bottom, then back, the briefs texture was gone. It is currently in my game, and so far appears to be okay from all angles. But, that has been before. I need to see different lighting and skins.

Have I become a bi pervert? I have a nude teen sim girl dancing on my laptop, as I check her out from every angle possible!!!! OY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

So... I think I fixed it! It was indeed the normal map that was causing the issue. Or more the lack of it showing up. You can see it in the media how it now looks in my game. The seam is gone. 

BUT, there is a gap in certain positions, as you can see in the other screenshot. This is very easily fixed by redoing the bone assignments so that the waist of the bottom matches the waist of the nude top EXACTLY and then making new morphs with the new bone assignments. I haven't done this yet, but I have done it with other cc clothing so I know this is fixable. Just remember to make new morphs after you did new bone assignments, or else the gap remains because the morphs are faulty. 

I'll see if I have time to also do the bone assigments and morphs so that it's completely fixed. 

Screenshot.jpg

Screenshot-3.jpg

Edited by MaryJane
32 minutes ago, TheLadysGhost said:

Far too often (for me) initial success is quickly followed by unmitigated FAILURE! ? Or, just some small detail that frustrates me to no end. 

As both Cmar and Nysha had looked into the issue of the muscle slider problem, and I do remember such issues in my game a long time ago, I agree it may be, at least, some of the problem with tf nude bottoms. Aparently, EA never fixed it in any patches?

So smething odd happened when I tried using the singed bottom... although I removed textures from the package (in Tsrw), the burnt texture somehow showed up on my bottom in game. Not sure what the heck happened to cause that? And switching to another bottom, then back did not rid me of it. Also, the arms collapsed in, which is bonedeltas... not sure what EA or TSRW did to cause that. Tf briefs uses a normal map, although it's just a 32 x 32 with no bump texture to it. I added my base map in it's place for now.

Also, I changed the settings under the mesh tab in TSRW, so things like ambient, reflective, etc, match the top settings.

Next step was to remake the package in TSRW using tf briefs as clone base. I also remade my mesh, using the top 2 rows of faces from Cmar's muscle fixx mesh. It also showed the tf briefs at first, but switching to another bottom, then back, the briefs texture was gone. It is currently in my game, and so far appears to be okay from all angles. But, that has been before. I need to see different lighting and skins.

Have I become a bi pervert? I have a nude teen sim girl dancing on my laptop, as I check her out from every angle possible!!!! OY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yeah... what can I say, TSRW is a shit program and I avoid it at all costs, lol. 

1 hour ago, TheLadysGhost said:

the burnt texture somehow showed up on my bottom in game.

There's likely some script influencing the use of that. If one remembers, a sim must generally 'shower/bathe' to remove that outfit normally. Just selecting another outfit is blocked.

1 hour ago, MaryJane said:

Yeah... what can I say, TSRW is a shit program and I avoid it at all costs, lol. 

Problem with TSRW is that it renumbers meshes... import or export, I forget which. Because of that, there is a bit of a process to making a nude top and having it actually work with Cmar's nipple sliders. THAT, I worked out a while ago, for both af and tf nude top. Plenty of other things I hate about TSRW, like textures aren't true to what you see in game being the biggest. I often end up spending hours tweaking both colors and transparencies.

47 minutes ago, landess said:

There's likely some script influencing the use of that. If one remembers, a sim must generally 'shower/bathe' to remove that outfit normally. Just selecting another outfit is blocked.

The outfit itself is just another top, bottom and shoes. In (I think) fullbuild0, it has a seaparte mesh, just as any other garment. Images/ textures are in a different build package. But with singed category unchecked, and that TSRW renumbers, and I did not use the CASP number for singed, it becomes a twisted mystery to me. )))

28 minutes ago, MaryJane said:

Waistgap = fixed!

I'm running some tests atm and then I will upload the fixed version!

Probably same here... finally. First run went well as a non-default bottom. Putting together a default package now, and setting up a save with a bunch of teen girls to run a round naked!

Should have pics soon.

If it was CHBoom!'s bottom that you fixed, probably best to send to him in a PM, or share how you fixed it?

9 minutes ago, TheLadysGhost said:

If it was CHBoom!'s bottom that you fixed, probably best to send to him in a PM, or share how you fixed it?

I'll upload them here. Once he's online again he can upload them himself or do himself, whatever he prefers, and I'll take my upload down.

How I did it: 

What I did is clone the default teen naked bottom in s3oc. I opened cmar's teen bottom fix and copied the comments of the mesh in Milkshape. because they included an extra TGI reference that supports the normal map. I then pasted that comments on Chbooms corresponding meshes and used the replace function in s3pe to let them overwrite the meshes of the default teen naked body. 

For the waist gap I used vertex data merge and normal data merge in milkshape on the vertices at the waist to let them match the exact position of the original nude bottom. Then I emptied the bone assignments of those same vertices and copied over the bone assignments of the original nude bottom. But only the empty bone assignments, do I didn't override them all. 

After that I made the morphs, made BGEO files of them, and used the replace function in s3pe again to let them override the original ones. 

On 9/12/2022 at 10:53 AM, Omicr0n said:

I have a fixed version of the GECK.O top that I will share soon. I have it for ages but never uploaded it. I do a lot of things for personal use, lol.

I'll also fix the waist gap on the adult bottom from CHboom! while I'm at it.