ENHANCED FEMALE BOTTOM

11 hours ago, TheLadysGhost said:

But, many do, as for swimsuit, or sleepwear, in particular, as perhaps someone's Sim likes to sleep naked. )))

Yes you are right. But as the packages right now, this works for teens only. (Screen shoots of my first post above)

Meanwhile tested with both packages (default and the uploaded here). No conflicts shown in the dashboard. Of course I renumbered the default packages with S3OC first and numbered it back to the default keys later on. So both work together in my game.

1 hour ago, mrph said:

make this bottom present in KW animations?

This was exactly the point I am trying to make. To see this bottom in any KW animations, this packages need to be a default replacements......

Suggest to wait, if @CHboom! have a comment for us about what his/here plans are with this nice packages !

6 hours ago, Clydie said:

Yes you are right. But as the packages right now, this works for teens only. (Screen shoots of my first post above)

Meanwhile tested with both packages (default and the uploaded here). No conflicts shown in the dashboard. Of course I renumbered the default packages with S3OC first and numbered it back to the default keys later on. So both work together in my game.

I rarely work with s3oc. Yesterday and today, I used it only to get correct part name (unknown1 in s3pe GRID), and full caspart numbers for a couple of default packages I am working on. Generally, I renumber the primary part in TSRW. It then renumbers internally to reference everything in the package to the new CASPart number. From there, as I mentioned, I simply duplicate the CASPart in s3pe, as this has all of the internal references, then renumber and rename as necessary. If I ever find time, I may do a tutorial... with pictures and arrows on the pictures and little captions to try to explain my twisted methods and rantings!!! ?

On 8/9/2022 at 4:06 PM, Clydie said:

Wondered why your bottom came not up in some categories.

So, opened both packages with S3OC, the screen shoots below should explain what I mean.

On 8/9/2022 at 8:50 PM, TheLadysGhost said:

as a nude bottom, it may be best, not to set as "valid for random", as it might have Sims randomly being given a nude bottom for other than nude outfit. Otherwise, a separate package for a default that is only enabled as naked, valid for maternity, and valid for random.

That was my mistake. I should have checked it before I release it. Sorry about that :((

and thanks for advice on categorization of Theladysghost. I'll do it on the next update.

On 8/9/2022 at 4:06 PM, Clydie said:

Your bottom mod is very nice, good work ! Did you consider to modify the packages in a way that they would replace the default afBottomNude,   tfBottomNude and efBottomNude ? This would be really great !

Yeah. The goal is default replacement. However, after few research, I realized that it is so muuuch harder than I thought. Link after link after link. I'm lost... I hope someone shows up and do it...

On 8/11/2022 at 4:30 PM, mrph said:

Hello! Sorry for my bad english.

People, help me, how to make this bottom present in KW animations? Is it possible at all? Or will it only be possible in the future?

Default replacement is the solution, but I'm stuck on that part. I wanna fix it eventually, but not sure when it will be done.

1 hour ago, CHboom! said:

Yeah. The goal is default replacement. However, after few research, I realized that it is so muuuch harder than I thought. Link after link after link. I'm lost... I hope someone shows up and do it...

Not hard at all. Hopefully, I will have time to do a tutorial, either today or tomorrow, but with the way I get things done, impossible to say. I actually learned something new in TSRW, that makes it easier. Nude top that works with Cmar's sliders is another issue entirely. Still testing tf and af, and so far so good.

On 8/14/2022 at 2:35 AM, TheLadysGhost said:
On 8/14/2022 at 1:08 AM, CHboom! said:

Not hard at all. Hopefully, I will have time to do a tutorial, either today or tomorrow, but with the way I get things done, impossible to say.

It would be grateful if you do so!

On 8/14/2022 at 3:15 AM, Clydie said:

You have a PM !

I checked your file! Check mine please!

Progress so far

Teen body and Adult body now have default replacement with pregnancy morph thanks to @Clydie, who graciously took part in making default replacement.

PREG.png.e614bae8bf43b2675080f6ec91762293.png

Adult body has no seamline at all. It means it's ready to be a final version, which is good news.

However, Teen body still has slight seam in the waist the ankle. I noticed it after default body was made. I followed tutorial explaining how to fix it, but no positive outcome sadly. So I need help.

When fixed, I will follow @theladysghost's guideline and make replacement version myself and then release final version. 1495148811_2022-08-17000951.png.cae27a3eb890cd78b9666c55a74d0cbe.png

Someone might ask me when I will make elder one, but I'm not gonna make that version, because it doesn't appeal to me. If someone finds it interesting making it, be my guest.

4 hours ago, CHboom! said:

However, Teen body still has slight seam in the waist the ankle. I noticed it after default body was made.

Yup... always see something not noticed the other 50 times you looked! Some people don't care about neck, ankle and waist seams. ?

MTK does not fix tf seams. Never bothered to ask Cmar about it. My latest way to fix tf seams is mostly in Blender, and part with MTK.

Tools: Blender 2.80

Smug Tomato's Blender Tools on Mod The Sims

MTK

This may work with newer Blender and Smug's newer tool, but I use 2.80, as the tool version has auto seam split, and newer version does not. Make the mesh. Merge vertices. UV editor, mark seams from islands. Mesh tab, Normals, (I usually) set from faces. Export as wavefront object.

In MTK, convert to geom. Then add bones. 

Import the mesh back into Blender. Do NOT do anything to the mesh!!! Do the normal export steps... rename, clean empty bones, split seams, recalculate and exxport. On export page, make sure you set the seam type! Export the mesh.

Back in MTK, convert to .wso and add morphs. 

Note: If your morph reference has a seam issue (not moving vertices to perfect position), none of the other will matter, and you'll still have a seam. Also, if your top mesh is off, it won't matter what you do with the bottom. Not 100% sure, but it seems that the Cmar tf top mesh may be off in area of naval. You can match seams by directly exporting as geom using Smug's tools (not exporting as object at all), but very often you may get shadows in the mesh when in TSRW, and have to repeat the export several times. Data transfer doesn't always fix the shadows, and they might appear in different places on export.

Edited by TheLadysGhost

6 hours ago, TheLadysGhost said:

This may work with newer Blender and Smug's newer tool, but I use 2.80, as the tool version has auto seam split, and newer version does not. Make the mesh. Merge vertices. UV editor, mark seams from islands. Mesh tab, Normals, (I usually) set from faces. Export as wavefront object.

In MTK, convert to geom. Then add bones. 

Never have used Smug's tool, never touched geom file at all. So many things make me confused, but I will try. Anyway, I have a mesh with merged vertices. To convert to geom, it requires a reference.

162647339_2022-08-17091009.png.e1af89527c31dbaa88f54421c216f154.png

I guess reference would be the EA tf nude bottom. In TSRW, import EA tf nude bottom, then save it as .sims3pack, then convert it into .package with Sims3Pack Multi Installer, then open it in s3pe, then what I can see 3 GEOM tagged file in it. Am I following in right direction? Among 3 Geom files, which geom do I have to extract? I can't see any difference. Anyway, I extracted one of Geom then put it into mesh toolkit's OBJ to GEOM.

Adding bone? I'm not sure I can use same reference which I used to make OBJ to GEOM, but I did it.

767151936_2022-08-17092539.png.f3503ff3fc8fb304c5324a552904846f.png

This is what I have done so far. 

I thought it would not be a demanding job, but I'm wrong. I'm not sure how I did it with AF body which is quite flawless..

11 hours ago, CHboom! said:

Never have used Smug's tool, never touched geom file at all.

I do not use Milkshape at all, so cannot answer any questions about that program. I export as geom using Smug's tools, primarily for custom meshes with custom bone weight assignments, as exporting object does not carry bones. Then use the geom as reference for converting the object, and giving bone weights. Very often, bones from an EA mesh will be ok, but not great, with a custom mesh that has increased vertices count. This also becomes an issue more with the morphs.

I guess reference would be the EA tf nude bottom. In TSRW, import EA tf nude bottom, then save it as .sims3pack,

TSRW top bar, Edit> Project contents...

image.png.bbdf55c3913f6ae28d80d5a01f1fc557.png

LOD 1 is the largest geom. Honestly, I do not understand the file size code in s3pe. If you click chunk offset, and the CASP is at the top, LOD 1 geom is usually the top one. Otherwise, export all the geoms and use the biggest. EA bottom is 37 kb for female bottom.

Then "seam fix". You can try it, but I found it gives an error for teen female. This is when I import the mesh to Blender, and export using Smug's tool to fix the seams. Then convert to .wso.

I thought it would not be a demanding job, but I'm wrong. I'm not sure how I did it with AF body which is quite flawless..

Don't know how you made the af bottom. Just to say that tf is very different, despite what some may wish to believe. The rig and UV are the same, but the meshes are very different. Some tools that work on af do not work on tf. EA has fewer tf garments, so fewer donor possibilities than af, and resizing af to tf is a bit of a PITA. Simply changing the CAS categories doesn't work. 

@CHboom!, so you know, it does appear to be an issue with Cmar's tf top showing the seem. I redownloaded a fresh top, and put it into my game, and there is a visible waist seam (using my bottom). I did not take out my bottom to check using EA bottom. I think it may be something with the normals?

Cmar's...

Screenshot-58.jpg.f7edb51b6bfcddaf0d05e906fe25319d.jpg

My...

Screenshot-59.jpg.38311bd88613a8dc61c4b6155c05f316.jpg

So, difficult to say if there is a problem with your mesh or no.

2 hours ago, TheLadysGhost said:

@CHboom!, so you know, it does appear to be an issue with Cmar's tf top showing the seem. I redownloaded a fresh top, and put it into my game, and there is a visible waist seam (using my bottom). I did not take out my bottom to check using EA bottom. I think it may be something with the normals?

Good to know! You saved my time and effort! I use Cmar's tf top as well. I tested to figure out how it might look with EA original nude top in both cases. Then I noticed no seamline at all in both cases - I might wrong tho. 

Here are screenshots I've taken for comparison.

No.1 with EA original nude top

1056758145_2022-08-18090025.png.6c72dfa72d2ad2eb1ded643779e4fc84.png

No.2 with Cmar's nude top

609764904_2022-08-18090109.png.455559bf28ce21efb567ee42580c77ee.png

Well, I guess Cmar's top is blamable! But who would be satisfied with EA nude top????????????? Me? nah. I'm gonna find a solution to make my nude bottom fit with Cmar's top. THANK YOU @TheLadysGhost!!!!!!

1 hour ago, CHboom! said:

I tested to figure out how it might look with EA original nude top in both cases. Then I noticed no seamline at all in both cases - I might wrong tho. 

I do not see a seam with Cmar's top either in that pic. Could be the angle, as I noticed it more on certain angles, and then not much from other angles. I also tried using different tops with my bottom. Swimsuit tops, bras, etc, and there was no seam. And as I think I got my nude top to also work and no seam, I will probably be uploading my set in a month or so. ? I'm never in a hurry. )

Trying to have more natural breast shape, and nipples that are not pencil erasers... although I suppose some like that. ) Both tops work with Cmar's sliders. )))

Screenshot-62.jpg.bba8fe34990596bd7fdedebfe519baf9.jpg

Not sure how to match the normals of your bottom to Cmar's top, or even if possible.

Edited by TheLadysGhost

Well, to update... As I just posted on my profile page, laptop dead again. Parts had been ordered a while ago, but laptop from China, parts from same, supply chain, blah blah blah. So, I'll be spending most of today trying to find a way to transfer data from a laptop with grayed out screen to a thumbdrive to this laptop. (((

FYI... I am far from optomistic...

My female Sim has the seam too.  When LS was showing me how to make garments I tried for ages to be successful at making a garment, in the end with her help it worked but I did have issues with seams on the garments which in the end was fixed in the garments. 

During my testing I found that it was Milkshape causing seams in the waist, sides and ankles.  In testing with zero modifications in Milkshape meaning import GEOM then Export GEOM only, the seams still appeared.  This is a shame because although Milkshape is a very basic program it's relatively easy to use and export files.

I wasn't able to successfully modify the default female meshes in Blender without running into meshing issues in the game so I've continued to use the old female bottoms I built in Milkshape with the seams because they work (not perfectly) but to an acceptable level.

Hopefully this will save @CHboom! several hours trying to figure out where the seam is coming from and working around the issue.

SeamDisplay.jpg.477b77aa626ef70b619996390506d335.jpg

7 hours ago, MrsSanta said:

With the pregorph that I added, my female sims in any neighborhood have this bottom withut my having to have changed it in CAS. and with the CMAR-top no seam as I am able to see. Here in my new save from Riverview with random sims TF, Af and EF:

I would have to look at the CAS options again to be sure of what is used. Been an on going thing for me for teen and seams. Sometimes, it looks fine, and other times terrible. I will return to messing with it when I get my data transferred from the laptop with a busted screen. 211 GB of workshop folders takes a while to move to thumbdrive! )))

57 minutes ago, Brisbane Australia said:

My female Sim has the seam too.  When LS was showing me how to make garments I tried for ages to be successful at making a garment, in the end with her help it worked but I did have issues with seams on the garments which in the end was fixed in the garments. 

During my testing I found that it was Milkshape causing seams in the waist, sides and ankles.  In testing with zero modifications in Milkshape meaning import GEOM then Export GEOM only, the seams still appeared.  This is a shame because although Milkshape is a very basic program it's relatively easy to use and export files.

I wasn't able to successfully modify the default female meshes in Blender without running into meshing issues in the game so I've continued to use the old female bottoms I built in Milkshape with the seams because they work (not perfectly) but to an acceptable level.

Hopefully this will save @CHboom! several hours trying to figure out where the seam is coming from and working around the issue.

Ironically, Milkshape is how @JoshQfixes seams on MedBod (I believe), as both Blender tools and MTK do not. I know there are several MS tools for TS3 that do various things, and many use MS. But for me, yours are an easy fix, since Meshing Tool Kit seam fix works just fine for af, both as geom, and as .wso. Thought I showed you to use that on the other thread?

There IS another tool in MTK that I have been experimenting with, with what appear to be good results so far. I used this to transfer normals data from EA tf top nude to my nude top, and it looks good so far with seams matching.

1305847287_Screenshot(92).png.1cbaf7d4bb453470cc90f497dc23ef91.png

On 8/20/2022 at 2:39 AM, MrsSanta said:

Here in my new save from Riverview with random sims TF, Af and EF:

Weird. In my game, EF use af's body, which means huge gap between top and bottom. I can't figure out what happened. In your game it looks perfect.

On 8/20/2022 at 9:23 AM, Brisbane Australia said:

I only use Milkshape to make obj to wso.. I'm no expert at all, so Milkshape is hard to use. I can't even click vertice for a long time. For me, blender is easier to use. 

On 8/20/2022 at 10:37 AM, TheLadysGhost said:

There IS another tool in MTK that I have been experimenting with, with what appear to be good results so far. I used this to transfer normals data from EA tf top nude to my nude top, and it looks good so far with seams matching.

1305847287_Screenshot(92).png.1cbaf7d4bb453470cc90f497dc23ef91.png

Mesh tool kit has various features. I tried to fix seam in the Auto tools for WSO section, it failed, even tho I used EA base mesh as reference. I'm gonna try your way to fix it. Thanks.

Hi again. I use cmar_EAdetailsSkin_Default_Female_Hairless and cmar_EAdetailsSkin_Default_Male_HairMore + tamo_Eye_UltraPlain_Default, tamo_Face_Plain_Default and tamo_FaceOverlay_Fix_EA_Whites could this have something to do with my result?

I used TSRW_2_0_86 to add the preg morp with MTS_CmarNYC_1346670_MeshToolKit_1_3_0_0 + WSO files (fullbody for af, tf and ef with the pregmorph on the nude) got them when i learned the easy way to do this, watching this video on utube: 

and her tumbir here:  https://lunarsteal.tumblr.com/tagged/tutorial

where u get the PREGwhole.wso for female adult. and i use the WSO_ef_Body_Nude_pregnant.wso and the WSO_tf_Body_Nude_maternity.wso that I downloaded but I can't find any link as to where iI found them so will simply add them to my own Mega-account. Here https://mega.nz/file/h5oTDSST#kaB565ueD7z-sVYAvJM5tRSNMg3XkjlranBWtl7dvyA

and u can have these to that are all the af, ef and tf clothes that i wanted preg-morph on from all the EP and SP (that I had not found from OneEuroMutt-(Since I could not use the default af-pregclothes from first The Sims 3 that she created I had to make my own and lacking any good tf and ef i made them to)) https://mega.nz/file/Vwg1EICJ#04EjbKZko1sOjfHHb6q7jNO1bJ0U_DP0a90PNSaAVrE

They are nt default (don't know how) and as I am not able to get my head around how to find/create + add fit and fat morph to store clothes I hit the net and search. Got plenty from Sweetdevil and her TS3 CAS Conversion Catalog where u find clothes with preg-morph from her, + kentconverts and many more Happy simming :D

Edited by MrsSanta
39 minutes ago, MrsSanta said:

Hi again. I use cmar_EAdetailsSkin_Default_Female_Hairless and cmar_EAdetailsSkin_Default_Male_HairMore + tamo_Eye_UltraPlain_Default, tamo_Face_Plain_Default and tamo_FaceOverlay_Fix_EA_Whites could this have something to do with my result?

I used TSRW_2_0_86 to add the preg morp with MTS_CmarNYC_1346670_MeshToolKit_1_3_0_0 + WSO files (fullbody for af, tf and ef with the pregmorph on the nude) got them when i learned the easy way to do this, watching this video on utube: 

Using that morph .wso for tf and ef  for only nude might work, if the nude top and bottom are not matched to other garments, as the distance the vertice move from base are different with af, tf and ef. Do not remember where I got it, but the preggers .wso in the video is probably the same that I use for af. I'm not 100% sure if using af morph reference will cause the vertices at seams on tf or ef to be out of position.

I still have not worked out the issue with the tf waist seam. It now appears to be something going screwy with the bottom nude meshes, both CHBoom's and mine. I dressed a tf in my nude top and bottom, and see the seam. Then my top with a skirt that I made not long ago, and no seam. Then my skirt with different top, no seam. Finally, different top with my bottom, and seam shows.

I was going to ask Cmar, but although still active (on TS4 tools) she has not responded to the MTK thread since 2020. As blender tools also do not fix the seam, as they usually do on export, I may try Smug Tomato for her input. I have a few more experiments to run, but am having thought that tf bottom has issue with the vertices count?

I will add that on my end, I continue to try to solve the waist seam mismatch with Cmar's top. Again, I am back to thinking it's the top causing the issue. I plugged the EA tf nude top back into my game, and my bottom mesh is seamless with the EA top. This is getting to be a real PITA, because of the way Cmar's top is packaged with morph mesh geoms instead of BGEO's, and making sure that the function of nipple sliders are not affected.

The MTK data transfer seems to work okay to transfer certain vertices data, bone weights and other things, but not the normals, which are the problem. ((( I need a break! Better yet, I need a good vodka Martini... with 3 olives... DIRTY!!!! Shaken not stirred!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ?

On 8/28/2022 at 5:37 AM, TheLadysGhost said:

I will add that on my end, I continue to try to solve the waist seam mismatch with Cmar's top. Again, I am back to thinking it's the top causing the issue. I plugged the EA tf nude top back into my game, and my bottom mesh is seamless with the EA top. This is getting to be a real PITA, because of the way Cmar's top is packaged with morph mesh geoms instead of BGEO's, and making sure that the function of nipple sliders are not affected.

The MTK data transfer seems to work okay to transfer certain vertices data, bone weights and other things, but not the normals, which are the problem. ((( I need a break! Better yet, I need a good vodka Martini... with 3 olives... DIRTY!!!! Shaken not stirred!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ?

In my case, MTK data tranfer works well with adult one, but not with teen one. :(( Which makes me sad

Is the new default replacement version working for everyone else? For some reason it's not applying to sims in my game. The non-default works fine though. As far as I can tell no other default replacement bottoms are overriding it. I've done the usual deleting of the cache files, and I even tried moving the 2 packages into the Overrides folder and the issue persists.

Edited by Omicr0n