SexLab Framework Development

As it stands now, you have a general toggle screen that toggles the animations that sexlab "sees" a screen that you can use to toggle on foreplay animations and a screen to toggle aggressive  animations, along with a way to filter aggressive animation out of regular sex. I propose to add a regular sex toggle screen in addition to / instead  of, the aggressive filter. The aggressive animations available run the gamut from "rough-play" to outright assault. I would like to add some aggressive sex animations to regular sex, and relegate the other aggressive animations to a more assault related situation. As it stands now, you have either, or, and that is limited to whether the animator put in the aggressive tag or not. This proposal would allow the player to fine tune their experience to their play stile. 

I try to see the sourcecode of v1.61 but I don't think they are right.. those don't correctly compile and they have different size from the .pex files.

They are right, you just don't have your machine set up right to compile them and of course the source isn't going to be the same size as the compiled pex file.

I try to see the sourcecode of v1.61 but I don't think they are right.. those don't correctly compile and they have different size from the .pex files.

They are right, you just don't have your machine set up right to compile them and of course the source isn't going to be the same size as the compiled pex file.

I see.. is there a tutorial of how to set up my machine?

No. There are instructions to cover common problems but since the requirements to compile any mod vary according to what resources the mod uses...

The key item to remember is that unlike every other language scripting or otherwise that I have heard of Papyrus requires the SOURCE files (PSC) for any resources a mod uses instead of using the already compiled PEX files. To compile a script for the Sexlab Framework you may find yourself having to load the source files for several other mods but all the sources needed to compile are readily available and if you don't know what mod a missing source is from you can ask us and we will tell you what you need.

No. There are instructions to cover common problems but since the requirements to compile any mod vary according to what resources the mod uses...

The key item to remember is that unlike every other language scripting or otherwise that I have heard of Papyrus requires the SOURCE files (PSC) for any resources a mod uses instead of using the already compiled PEX files. To compile a script for the Sexlab Framework you may find yourself having to load the source files for several other mods but all the sources needed to compile are readily available and if you don't know what mod a missing source is from you can ask us and we will tell you what you need.

I see...thank you very much!

So, I'm trying to unpack the .7zip file, and it gets to about 70% progress, then it says it's unable to unpack, because the archive may be damaged. It's taken about 5 hours for it to get to 70%. Help?

5 hours? Something is wrong there.

However, there should be need to unpack the archive to your hard drive. You should use a mod manager like Nexus Mod Manager (NMM) or Mod Organizer (MO). Latter has a wider learning curve, but it is the most recommended one.

You can just pick the whole archive from your hard drive with either tool. Mod manager will unpack files and place them automatically in to correct folders. In MO, all mods are placed under it's own installation folder, so that nothing will mess up your game Data folder.

So, I'm trying to unpack the .7zip file, and it gets to about 70% progress, then it says it's unable to unpack, because the archive may be damaged. It's taken about 5 hours for it to get to 70%. Help?

Likely a corrupted file downloaded. Try downloading again.

I am having some issues with the new download from here (full version) it is slowing massively around the "Textures\sexlab\anal1.dds" This has never happened..

I have downloaded the version (full) from here (not the mirror) and it can extract. I did have a slight problem the first time but that could be the other resources I needed was being taken on my computer for something processor intensive. The second, third, and fourth time all went off in about 30 seconds or less

I am having some issues with the new download from here (full version) it is slowing massively around the "Textures\sexlab\anal1.dds" This has never happened..

I have downloaded the version (full) from here (not the mirror) and it can extract. I did have a slight problem the first time but that could be the other resources I needed was being taken on my computer for something processor intensive. The second, third, and fourth time all went off in about 30 seconds or less

The "time" referred to may be how long it takes to download. Have to remember that not everyone in the world has fast internet access.

The "time" referred to may be how long it takes to download. Have to remember that not everyone in the world has fast internet access.

It appears as if he/she is trying to unpack the 7zip file not download it. The striked out text was when I tried but it did give some problems. I tried again after this post and it hung at the same point again. It seemed to be off and on.

Going to be spinning development back up soon to get the new stuff and fixes I've added since the last release out the door so I can start focusing on Fallout 4 development for awhile. 

I know I've told several mod developers I'd be adding or fixing some function or another that they requested, I apparently didn't write them down anywhere though, so if you can remind me now that'd be super helpful, in case I miss it while looking for stuff I still need to do mentioned somewhere in this thread.

Hey, im trying to make animations with females wearing strapons but Sexlab seems to be very picky about equiping them. "strapon = true" does nothing for actor 1, it only works for actor 2. It seems to be impossible to make female solo animation with strapons or animation where both females wear strapons. Is there any way around it?

Hey, im trying to make animations with females wearing strapons but Sexlab seems to be very picky about equiping them. "strapon = true" does nothing for actor 1, it only works for actor 2. It seems to be impossible to make female solo animation with strapons or animation where both females wear strapons. Is there any way around it?

Isn't this just a problem from SLAL?

Anyways @ Ashal can I make a suggestion for the new update?

I would really appreciate a "Disable all animations" option so I can manually toggle on 1 or 2 animation(s) for testing purposes, this is also pretty convenient for when an author releases new animations and u want to try them out quickly without de-activating all active animations.

My request: a function to get all animation names as String[]. With a flag to get human or creature anims. (Or two functions one for humans one for creatures), and if possible the same for anim ids.

Something like:

String[] Function getAllAnimNames(boll ignoreDisabled=true)

String[] Function getAllCreatureAnimNames(boll ignoreDisabled=true)

String[] Function getAllAnimIDs(boll ignoreDisabled=true)

String[] Function getAllCreatureAnimIDs(boll ignoreDisabled=true)

This because right now searching an anim be part of the name is impossible if you don't hack on the backed. And hacking on the back-end is bad.

Isn't this just a problem from SLAL?

Anyways @ Ashal can I make a suggestion for the new update?

I would really appreciate a "Disable all animations" option so I can manually toggle on 1 or 2 animation(s) for testing purposes, this is also pretty convenient for when an author releases new animations and u want to try them out quickly without de-activating all active animations.

I was testing it on existing sexlab animation like "arrok male masturbation". I would ask for it to be an option in new versions if possible.

strapons = true only makes it "allowed" to use strapons. If the animation appears to have no need for a strapon, it won't use one. The way to force it is basically to define the position as male instead of female. This way SexLab will look at the animation position, see that it's male, see that the actor is female, see that the position has strapons = true, give the female a strapon to use in place of having the needed anatomy.

The way strapons were set up originally was more focused around making females in male animation positions make sense, not really for female only animations where it would be considered a non issue 90% of the time. Most lesbian pegging animations would visually work just as well as a male+female animation.

I was testing it on existing sexlab animation like "arrok male masturbation". I would ask for it to be an option in new versions if possible.

It's unfortunately not a very simple thing to add. It defaults to strapons = true for all position stages, the way it's setup now the opposite of strapons = false is the only thing that ever gets defined. So simply removing the check for it being a male position when checking if it should use a strapon or not would make EVERY female position in every animation use a strapon except for the ones that specifically define that they don't need one (which few if any do.)

Not an unsolvable problem, but likely a major headache as it'd have to be done in a way that doesn't break every 3rd party SexLab mod that adds animations on their own (such as SLAL or NSAP)

Ok thanks ashal, so maybe it can be tackled from diffrent perspective. Lets say i want to make a gay male on male animation. Is there a way for sexlab to not hide it when 2 females are involved?

If it were a MM animation, by default two females would equip one while playing that animation.

Every animation and position is strapon = true by default, the only place this bool comes into the picture however, is in a case such as a MF foreplay or cunninglingus animation where the male positions penis is not involved in the animation at all. In a case such as that, you would want to specifically do strapon = false for the male, because in a scenario where that animation is used for 2 females, it makes no sense for the one in that male position to equip one.

Damn so there is no way around it...

I'll explain from where my need for strapons come from and why its important to me: I get alot of gay animation requests, tho i am not into male on male stuff. What i am into are futanaris. So what i did, i modifed the unp equipable shlong for females to match the exact position of male schlong and added it to sexlab as "strapon". This way all the females in the game have dicks only when they are playing male on female animations and dicks vanish after the scene. The problem comes with gay animations where both actors will use their dicks either for penetration or masturbation at the same time. They can not be used by double futanaris and gays wich shrinks the targeted audiance and makes it a waste of time to work on.

There are some things that could be improved:

• I think the aggressive boolean flag is more or less redundant - this can be handled by tags.
  • Introduce standardized tags for bed animations - so we can filter out bed related animations.
  • Introduce standardized tags for bondage - so we need no hacky animation replacement by Zaz
  • I have problems to detect the active and the passive actor in sex scenes. I want to define who has to play the active part - but I have to find this out for every single animation. Maybe you can simply define that the passive actor shall be always the first or the last actor in the actor list.

Especially the tagging is really a pain - every amateur has a different meaning so many tags are completely useless unless you want to depend on a specific animation. You shall define some standards for tags.

There are some things that could be improved:

• I think the aggressive boolean flag is more or less redundant - this can be handled by tags.
  • Introduce standardized tags for bed animations - so we can filter out bed related animations.
  • Introduce standardized tags for bondage - so we need no hacky animation replacement by Zaz
  • I have problems to detect the active and the passive actor in sex scenes. I want to define who has to play the active part - but I have to find this out for every single animation. Maybe you can simply define that the passive actor shall be always the first or the last actor in the actor list.

Especially the tagging is really a pain - every amateur has a different meaning so many tags are completely useless unless you want to depend on a specific animation. You shall define some standards for tags.

• There is no boolean flag and it is handled by tags. If you mean the aggressive option in animation filtering functions, all that does is change the way it checks for that tag.
  • The tag bedonly already exists in current versions, and is filtered out from all scenes that aren't explicitly starting on a bed. It's up to authors of mods that add beds that should only be used on a bed to actually make use of it.  Currently only the the arrok ledge animation uses this tag in the default animations.
  • There are no bondage animations in the default sexlab. Like bedonly, it's up to the authors of those animation mods to tag them appropiately, I have no control over it. There does exists an animation tagging standard guide somewhere from awhile back that does include such tags, not everybody has conformed to it however.
  • SexLab always expects female actors to be listed first, followed by males, and than creatures. There is no concept of active and passive positions internally, as there is no need to discern that for the vast majority of animations, and switching it around this late into the mods life would guranteed break 90% of mods.