The Will of Atom

View File

This mod is centered around a new companion from the Children of Atom named Anastasia, who has the ability to hypnotize the player character.

Anastasia can be found in the Crater of Atom - a quest will start once you enter the crater pointing to her exact location. Once she becomes your companion, she has a chance every few gamehours to approach the player character and try to hypnotize them. (How often this occurs can be configured with MCM.) If you submit to her too many times in a row, your character will lose the ability to resist her. As of v1.1, once your character loses the ability to resist Anastasia, the main quest will proceed on to the new content.

Note: This mod is designed for a female player character. It will work with a male character, but the animations may not make sense.

Requirements

Far Harbor DLC

Advanced Animation Framework

AAF Themes

Recommended

Mod Configuration Menu

Other animation packs: Leito, Atomic Lust, SavageCabbage

Credits

Iris Harman for the voice of Anastasia

Seddon4494 for his great CK tutorials

EgoBallistic for helping me understand how AAF works

- ElsissSurana for help in a number of different ways

Other Links

Discord

Ko-Fi

• Submitter
  • Submitted
    11/10/2021
  • Category
  • Requires
    Far Harbor DLC, Advanced Animation Framework, Snapdragon Animations, AAF Themes

Edited by Snapdragon_

I've just installed it and am about to try it out. Before I start, and I have to ask, is it possible to change her appearance in LooksMenu? I'm not saying she doesn't look good, but I have a dozen tattoo overlay mods and would like to apply a few of them (just to make it a tiny bit more immersive, if you get my meaning).

Thanks for your work by the way!

Edited by rubber_duck
3 hours ago, rubber_duck said:

I've just installed it and am about to try it out. Before I start, and I have to ask, is it possible to change her appearance in LooksMenu? I'm not saying she doesn't look good, but I have a dozen tattoo overlay mods and would like to apply a few of them (just to make it a tiny bit more immersive, if you get my meaning).

Oh yeah i hope it's possible! I would give her some epic look, dunno something that suits her eyes!^^

8 hours ago, rubber_duck said:

Yep! Anastasia is a unique actor, so you can edit her with LooksMenu and it'll stick.

5 hours ago, Snapdragon_ said:

Yep! Anastasia is a unique actor, so you can edit her with LooksMenu and it'll stick.

I still haven't tried to change her looks yet lol

Can you tell me how to change it?

The way I do it for vanilla companions is I open the console, type in 'help cait 4' then I find the NPC number, then 'player.placeatme xxx'. After that I select the newly spawned actor, 'slm xxxxx' (xxxxx is their ID). Then I load a preset I'd like to use and disable the newly spawned actor. Finally, I apply the same preset to original actor (the one that is an actual follower).

14 minutes ago, rubber_duck said:

I still haven't tried to change her looks yet lol

Can you tell me how to change it?

The way I do it for vanilla companions is I open the console, type in 'help cait 4' then I find the NPC number, then 'player.placeatme xxx'. After that I select the newly spawned actor, 'slm xxxxx' (xxxxx is their ID). Then I load a preset I'd like to use and disable the newly spawned actor. Finally, I apply the same preset to original actor (the one that is an actual follower).

There's only a single instance of Anastasia, so you can just select her and do 'slm xxxxx' (where xxxxx is her ID).

Hello,

I love her voice and i hope you will add more dialog.

I have a little prob with this companion after changing her preset (using a preset that i had already tested with other companions) : when i activate a door and load an interior , her body turns invisible. I have to disable/enable her everytime to make her main body visible. I tried to change her oufit, i checked my bodyslides ... no clue what is causing this and i have no prob with other NPCs, vanilla or modded. 

7 hours ago, rjrc said:

Hello,

I love her voice and i hope you will add more dialog.

I have a little prob with this companion after changing her preset (using a preset that i had already tested with other companions) : when i activate a door and load an interior , her body turns invisible. I have to disable/enable her everytime to make her main body visible. I tried to change her oufit, i checked my bodyslides ... no clue what is causing this and i have no prob with other NPCs, vanilla or modded. 

Hm, only thing I can think of that might cause that is her teleportation script. (During testing, her 'approach' AI would sometimes fail to follow the player through doors, so I added an auto-teleportation script to her as a workaround.) I could remove the teleportation script, but then if the player went through a door after an approach starts, she would end up stuck on the other side. I'll keep experimenting with her 'approach' AI to see if I can get it working properly without the teleport script.

20 hours ago, ElsissSurana said:

Really enjoyed this mod.  I hope you consider putting more work into when you can.  I would really love to see what you had planned originally brought fully into the game.

Glad you liked it! I do plan to continue working on it when I have some free time available. However, the voice actress currently isn't accepting new commissions, and I'm unsure when they might be available again.

10 hours ago, Sierra 21 said:

Hello.  Any chance you can make it that she doesn't use ammo from weapons given to her to use in a future update?

Sure, I'll look into adding that as an option.

4 hours ago, SOSMarche said:

It might be something that falls under a spoiler tag, but I wouldn't mind knowing what the mechanical element of the hypnosis is before downloading. Is it just that you're convinced to have sex? Hypnosis is definitely a broad umbrella

As of right now, the hypnosis events are of two types:  

Spoiler

The first you can encounter is by slandering the name of Atom.  Anastasia responds by attempting to hypnotize and then telling you that you should listen to the will of Atom and take her on as a companion.  The second is after you are companions.  She will then approach you from time to time and tell you that you are tired and should take a break to do naughty things with her.

So I like the mod idea, downloaded it, started playing. there are only two problems, but I am playing with a full mod list, so that's probably the cause of the problems. she really doesn't follow per say it's more of teleportation after getting out of the distance. if you are running when the event happens, for me it doesn't actually activate,  only the starting voice-acted line activates but doesn't lock my screen onto her, so I lose the event until the next time it triggers.

but definitely going to be saving a spot in the mod order for this mod, and will be excited about future update

1 hour ago, robbieg2000 said:

Quest doesn't seem to want to start and anastasia isn't present in the crater, I can spawn her in with commands but no dialog, mind telling me what the quest is called so I can force start it with commands?

Sounds like another mod is overwriting the Crater of Atom. I'd suggest moving the plugin to the end of your load order.

The quest's form name is 00SD_TWOAQuest and its display name is "The Will of Atom".

On 11/13/2021 at 3:24 AM, killerofgods2 said:

So I like the mod idea, downloaded it, started playing. there are only two problems, but I am playing with a full mod list, so that's probably the cause of the problems. she really doesn't follow per say it's more of teleportation after getting out of the distance. if you are running when the event happens, for me it doesn't actually activate,  only the starting voice-acted line activates but doesn't lock my screen onto her, so I lose the event until the next time it triggers.

but definitely going to be saving a spot in the mod order for this mod, and will be excited about future update

Do you mean she doesn't follow at all, or she runs too slowly and ends up teleporting forwards? For the latter, increasing the Teleport Distance in MCM will let her get farther from you so that she has more time to catch up before teleporting.

In the next version, you'll be able to ask her "Did you need something?" if you miss an approach (or walk away from one without giving a response).

Edited by Snapdragon_

Loving this mod for a bunch of reasons, the voice is great, and a hypnosis based follower from the children of atom? thats just perfect imo, would love to see more, and while I get that the VA isnt avaible, you can always jsut add the voice lines in later when you have the text lines in :P Out of curiousity have you consdidered having her hypnotise bondage items on you?  or having you under a longer effect where you are limited to not wearing clothes or talking a certian way? Do love the mod and hope to see more though :D 

for an Atom gameplay i'm using South of the sea (of course), Children of Atom Settlers, Friendly Children of Atom, Start Me Up ( = Atom disciple, starting location large nuclear crater which makes me begin in the Crater of Atom). Hard time there with a level 1 character but it was fun. Now fanaticism is spreading across Commonealth, settlement by settlement.

17 hours ago, Snapdragon_ said:

Sounds like another mod is overwriting the Crater of Atom. I'd suggest moving the plugin to the end of your load order.

The quest's form name is 00SD_TWOAQuest and its display name is "The Will of Atom".

Do you mean she doesn't follow at all, or she runs too slowly and ends up teleporting forwards? For the latter, increasing the Teleport Distance in MCM will let her get farther from you so that she has more time to catch up before teleporting.

In the next version, you'll be able to ask her "Did you need something?" if you miss an approach (or walk away from one without giving a response).

So I fixed the not following issue, I believe the problem was that because she was my second companion and it bugged her to the point where she wouldn't follow and wouldn't fight. essentially a different mod dismissed cait, but not Anastasia; then I started noticing that she is following and fighting.