[mod] Starchild's LV Expansion (WiP)

How to install  this mod right? I tried to just unpack archive in  Stellaris\mod\  so i have folder "LV_Expansion-1.3.2" in mod and it not work and launcher don't see it.  I throw  LV_Expansion folder and LV_Expansion.mod into "C:\Users\Пользователь\Documents\Paradox Interactive\Stellaris\mod" launcher then see mod, but it still don't work.

Main Lustful Void mod work normal.

Edited by vit11
11 hours ago, vit11 said:

How to install  this mod right? I tried to just unpack archive in  Stellaris\mod\  so i have folder "LV_Expansion-1.3.2" in mod and it not work and launcher don't see it.  I throw  LV_Expansion folder and LV_Expansion.mod into "C:\Users\Пользователь\Documents\Paradox Interactive\Stellaris\mod" launcher then see mod, but it still don't work.

Main Lustful Void mod work normal.

After you unpacked them did you go into the Stellaris Launcher and click the Update mod list? Some times it doesn't automatically add mods and waits for you to hit refresh.

@StarchildKiss
Is there a way to manually control a species for feminization's for the Amazon civic? When I tried it the first time It split the race into Male, Female, and Futa and I was wondering if it could just split between male and female. 

Also would it be possible to make the breast implants work on Males/femboys?

Edit: Any plans to add to Feminization mechanic to an All Male civ? EG all male civ invades a planet, turns all the men into Femboys and takes the women.

Edited by Dwari225
typo

Not sure if anyone else has picked up on this, but I've been getting a major bug with the amazon civic and the trait that goes with it. Basically gene-modding goes all screwy when you try to modify pops of a different species that haven't had the amazon trait added on automatically, and it means you aren't able to modify your pops at all with any new traits, not just the amazon trait. (bug happens when trying to apply a new template to the pops). When trying to apply a new template without the amazon trait, gene-modding works as normal.

Maybe instead of forcing all pops to have the amazon trait, it could only apply to your founding species. Or rather it could be made so that the civic adds/requires the trait in empire creation, but not later in the game itself. The Bimbo Mod did a similar thing with it's trait and civics, but it doesn't keep adding the trait to pops throughout the game so it works without issue.

6 hours ago, Dwari225 said:

@StarchildKiss
Is there a way to manually control a species for feminization's for the Amazon civic? When I tried it the first time It split the race into Male, Female, and Futa and I was wondering if it could just split between male and female.

Under policies, there is an option to pick what happens to pops that are subject to feminization.

There are four choices: classic (males turn into femboys), full female, futa and mixed.

Mixed is the default choice and it randomly turn the male into either a femboy, female or futa.

It might be that this policy is only unlocked after you complete the research of "advanced feminization".

11 hours ago, b00tyblues said:

Not sure if anyone else has picked up on this, but I've been getting a major bug with the amazon civic and the trait that goes with it. Basically gene-modding goes all screwy when you try to modify pops of a different species that haven't had the amazon trait added on automatically, and it means you aren't able to modify your pops at all with any new traits, not just the amazon trait. (bug happens when trying to apply a new template to the pops). When trying to apply a new template without the amazon trait, gene-modding works as normal.

Maybe instead of forcing all pops to have the amazon trait, it could only apply to your founding species. Or rather it could be made so that the civic adds/requires the trait in empire creation, but not later in the game itself. The Bimbo Mod did a similar thing with it's trait and civics, but it doesn't keep adding the trait to pops throughout the game so it works without issue.

There's also an issue where you can't change the genetics of pops with the gaped trait and it cannot be removed. So if you want to 'fix' the problem by adding the elastic orifice trait... you can't convert those pops to non gaped.

10 hours ago, Eosopho said:

Under policies, there is an option to pick what happens to pops that are subject to feminization.

There are four choices: classic (males turn into femboys), full female, futa and mixed.

Mixed is the default choice and it randomly turn the male into either a femboy, female or futa.

It might be that this policy is only unlocked after you complete the research of "advanced feminization".

I did that. The issue was when I invaded a conquered a civ it took the base Species and split it into Male, Female, and Futa so that it could apply the Feminization.

I was wondering if there was a way to tweak it so that it would only assign Male or Female to a species before it decides to do feminization. 

EG
1) Invade/conquer planet
2) Conquered species is doesn't have a Sex Trait
3) System automatically splits the species into 3 groups, (Male, Female, Futa) so that it can apply feminizations. 

For step 3 I was wondering if there was a way to make it only split into 2 groups (Male, Female)

14 hours ago, Pfactor said:

There's also an issue where you can't change the genetics of pops with the gaped trait and it cannot be removed. So if you want to 'fix' the problem by adding the elastic orifice trait... you can't convert those pops to non gaped.

Yeah I just ran into this issue with the gaped trait as well in a second test playthrough. I'll try to edit the traits txt to enable removal via gene-modding of those traits to see if that fixes the issue (though this might accidentally allow the AI to keep removing/adding the trait at random)

7 hours ago, b00tyblues said:

Yeah I just ran into this issue with the gaped trait as well in a second test playthrough. I'll try to edit the traits txt to enable removal via gene-modding of those traits to see if that fixes the issue (though this might accidentally allow the AI to keep removing/adding the trait at random)

This is not a problem with my mod but this is just how the base game works. They must have recently made some changes to editing unmoddable traits.

You can actually modify pops with unmoddable traits. But you cannot apply a template with that special trait to pops without it and you cannot apply one without it to pops with it. That's because you would be adding or removing those traits, which you are not supposed to.
Try applying a template where you only added a "normal" trait and you will see that it is indeed possible.

8 hours ago, StarchildKiss said:

This is not a problem with my mod but this is just how the base game works. They must have recently made some changes to editing unmoddable traits.

You can actually modify pops with unmoddable traits. But you cannot apply a template with that special trait to pops without it and you cannot apply one without it to pops with it. That's because you would be adding or removing those traits, which you are not supposed to.
Try applying a template where you only added a "normal" trait and you will see that it is indeed possible.

Yes I discovered that. I had to get far up the genetic evolution tech tree to do that. But by that time.. all my slave pops had gained the gape trait and I had zero old style ones to work with.

9 hours ago, StarchildKiss said:

Yeah I noticed that as well. Applying a template with an added "normal" trait isn't an option when all of your pops have either the amazon or gaped traits. Plus the gaped traits from the horsecock interactions results in sub-species splintering with at least 5 or 6 identical subspecies, instead of just one subspecies with the gaped trait.

The only other similar systems I can think of is the titanic life trait from the titanic life event chain, and the "Perfect Hybrid" trait in Lustful Void. Those ones instantly apply to all pops in a single template, but they don't create the subspecies splintering. Might be worth investigating how that one is applied (if you haven't looked already), but for now I guess I'll just play with the horsecock interaction disabled to avoid the splintering.

On 11/30/2021 at 4:17 PM, Dwari225 said:

I did that. The issue was when I invaded a conquered a civ it took the base Species and split it into Male, Female, and Futa so that it could apply the Feminization.

I was wondering if there was a way to tweak it so that it would only assign Male or Female to a species before it decides to do feminization. 

EG
1) Invade/conquer planet
2) Conquered species is doesn't have a Sex Trait
3) System automatically splits the species into 3 groups, (Male, Female, Futa) so that it can apply feminizations. 

For step 3 I was wondering if there was a way to make it only split into 2 groups (Male, Female)

Not without tweaking the files but it's a simple change. Just change this event to your liking: id = lvex_trans.010

• 2 weeks later...

You should include checks for Titanic Evolution, since it's a combo trait including Elastic Orifices.

Also the "horny" opinion modifier has a wrong check. It should be "OR" not "NOR" for xenophobe block, because right now both the positive and negative opinions apply to non-xenophobes and none to xenophobes.

Edited by Anonymous

Having "species_possible_remove" requiring engineered evolution on gaping traits would be very helpful. Heck, having it on cow mods with evolutionary mastery would help with clutter too, and there's hardly any harm since templates with negative points/picks can't be saved.

On 12/19/2021 at 1:28 AM, derpyturtle01 said:

Looks like the newest update causes some issues with this enabled and the new districts. 

Deleting the lv worker job file (Found in LV_Expansion/common/pop_jobs/lv_worker_jobs.txt) should fix any incompatibilities in the short term(from memory I think that’s the only override). But this will mean not all the milking tradition features will work exactly right. Everything else should be ok. 

EDIT: Can now confirm this fix does indeed work. 

Edited by SohCahToa

If the lv_milk_cow is moved to a new file in the folder called lv_dairy_worker_jobs.txt that also fixes it.

lv_whore, lv_concubine, and lv_breeder also need to be moved to there respective files

If I get permission I will post patched files.

Edited by Sah4001
41 minutes ago, Sah4001 said:

If the lv_milk_cow is moved to a new file in the folder called lv_dairy_worker_jobs.txt that also fixes it.

Everything that LV_Expansion/common/pop_jobs/lv_worker_jobs.txt changes was actually incorporated directly into the latest LV so this file is redundant now. Simply deleting it is the best solution to avoid having any possible conflicts. 

Dont know what im doing wrong i have 4 mods installed. 1. LV / 2. LV-Expansion / 3. Kinky Void / 4. UI Overhaul.
thats my loadorder too for the mods. but Traits and almost all stuff of this mod isnt showing anything what it is doing it only shows me stuff like
"lvex_heavy_planetary_security" without telling me what this is doing. thats the same to all traits and other stuff the mod brings. any way to fix this ?

Sorry if anyone has brought this up, but when i enable the mod it makes the milk cow job invisible the buildings are all there but the pops are unemployed and the job is unlisted, I don't know if adding it after an already started game matters, i am new to Stellaris modding, i have changed the mod order in the launcher made sure it was after LV, tried it before LV as well, the only thing that works is disabling the mod

1 hour ago, RizaPascal said:

Sorry if anyone has brought this up, but when i enable the mod it makes the milk cow job invisible the buildings are all there but the pops are unemployed and the job is unlisted, I don't know if adding it after an already started game matters, i am new to Stellaris modding, i have changed the mod order in the launcher made sure it was after LV, tried it before LV as well, the only thing that works is disabling the mod

Did you delete the lv worker job file (Found in LV_Expansion/common/pop_jobs/lv_worker_jobs.txt)? Do that and report back.