[mod] Starchild's LV Expansion (WiP)

10 hours ago, StarchildKiss said:

Do you perhaps have both male and female (or futa) pops?
Because if you have only one type, you should end up with no more than 4 (base species, anal gape, vagina gape, both gape).
And from my testing it also was like that.
Did you make sure it wasn't because you have pops of different genders?

No, normal pops without any FUTA or MALE or Only Female traits. I had species that was both anal & vag and about 8 that was anal gape underneath it. Not 8 pops, 8 species.

My main species does have both male and female traits like huge penis and large breasts, but not Male/Female/Futa category. 

15 hours ago, Pfactor said:

No, normal pops without any FUTA or MALE or Only Female traits. I had species that was both anal & vag and about 8 that was anal gape underneath it. Not 8 pops, 8 species.

My main species does have both male and female traits like huge penis and large breasts, but not Male/Female/Futa category. 

I can't think of any reason why it would be like that. Like I said it always worked in my tests.

Can you send a screenshot please?

9 hours ago, StarchildKiss said:

I can't think of any reason why it would be like that. Like I said it always worked in my tests.

Can you send a screenshot please?

Anus 6

Vag 3

Anus&vag 3

1 Normal horsecock pop.

screen11.png

Edited by Pfactor
corrected
On 10/31/2021 at 10:14 PM, StarchildKiss said:

Enter this into the console after selecting a habitable planet:
effect create_archaeological_site = site_golden_rod

well i just did that on a continental world and it did not do anything would you happen to know how to fix that? any help would be great thanks.

ok that is strange i decided to humor myself and went into observe mod and the command did work but it seems my game is bugged since there is two planets of the same name one near me and one in the bottom of the galaxy and the command did not put the thing on the one near me but the one far way in the bottom of the galaxy. so yeah now i am wondering what i can do to fix that issue since even if i make a new game it seems like there is always a duplicate system with the same name.

Edited by WolfPack51942
On 11/2/2021 at 5:29 AM, WolfPack51942 said:

well i just did that on a continental world and it did not do anything would you happen to know how to fix that? any help would be great thanks.

ok that is strange i decided to humor myself and went into observe mod and the command did work but it seems my game is bugged since there is two planets of the same name one near me and one in the bottom of the galaxy and the command did not put the thing on the one near me but the one far way in the bottom of the galaxy. so yeah now i am wondering what i can do to fix that issue since even if i make a new game it seems like there is always a duplicate system with the same name.

The command possibly did nothing because the arch site already existed somewhere else.

And you command did not spawn it somewhere else, it was already there.

On 11/2/2021 at 4:18 AM, The3LiteSniper said:

Just wanted to let you know, the horse cock leader trait on general is incorrectly tagged to governors instead, thus giving governors an extra trait that doesn't really work, and generals nothing, found it in lvex_leader_traits.txt

Oh, thanks for finding that. Probably a small misspelling.

Odd question for the developer:

Is there a specific reason you chose to implement the gaped traits rather than make use of the pop-specific conditions? The more I play with it, the more I find that the sub-species bloat from so many different gaped traits is getting out of hand.

You currently have the "Sore from horsecock" pop malus that floats around, any reason you chose not to instead make the gapped function in the same way? It may be a departure from your original idea, but it could improve the mods gameplay without running afoul of the games UI.

Edited by Ozvelpoon
On 11/5/2021 at 4:50 PM, Ozvelpoon said:

Odd question for the developer:

Is there a specific reason you chose to implement the gaped traits rather than make use of the pop-specific conditions? The more I play with it, the more I find that the sub-species bloat from so many different gaped traits is getting out of hand.

You currently have the "Sore from horsecock" pop malus that floats around, any reason you chose not to instead make the gapped function in the same way? It may be a departure from your original idea, but it could improve the mods gameplay without running afoul of the games UI.

I didn't think of that.

I'm gonna look at it. But I don't know how multiple pop modifiers show on a pop and if it is possible to make them permanent. The other issue would be the triggered bonus when horsecocks are present, I don't think that's possible on a modifier, only a trait.

1 hour ago, StarchildKiss said:

I didn't think of that.

I'm gonna look at it. But I don't know how multiple pop modifiers show on a pop and if it is possible to make them permanent. The other issue would be the triggered bonus when horsecocks are present, I don't think that's possible on a modifier, only a trait.

Just as a bit of feedback, I love having those as traits.  It's "sexier" because you can see it more easily, and see how your pops are being modified.  Creating them as a modifier would remove this visual feedback.

Just wanted to stop by and drop off some suggestions for if you ever find yourself running out of ideas:

Spoiler

A chance for one or more of the Marauders on the map to spawn as Futa Marauders instead, demanding pops instead of energy/minerals to not raid you or when you want to them to raid someone for you. Could tie events into them raiding you, e.g. futas taking over on one of your worlds (some of your pops are given the Futanari trait), them demanding to switch a policy to allow only futa leaders etc. Subsequently, if the Khan spawns as a crisis, there'd be a chance for it to be a Futa Khan instead.

Random events for flora and fauna on random planets which slowly turn some of your pops on the respective planet into futas/hucows or giving them a horsecock (like the Titanic Life event chain from LV, the brain slugs from the base game etc.).

There could be anomalies that turn a scientist into a futa/hucow or feminize them if male.

Random events for pops willingly becoming futas/hucows once Gene Tailoring has been researched (the current futa event in LV doesn't switch a pop to futa).

An Amazon/Futamazon political faction that has a chance to spawn instead of or alongside a Militarist faction (not sure what ideology a hucow faction would represent).

An event chain for futas infiltrating your society, with one outcome being them taking over (you'd then have to play with them as the ruling class).

There could be modifiers for the likelihood of above events happening depending on character traits as well, e.g. if your ruler has the Highly Submissive trait (and is male) these things might be more likely to occur. Similarly, a scientist with one of the LV traits could be more likely to uncover a futa/hucow anomaly.

Besides that I also wanted to say: Good stuff, great job!

12 hours ago, schroecat said:

Just as a bit of feedback, I love having those as traits.  It's "sexier" because you can see it more easily, and see how your pops are being modified.  Creating them as a modifier would remove this visual feedback.

That was also my idea. 
One problem is that the gaped traits are supposed to give bonuses and disadvantages depending on situation. As a modifier I can only do a static modifier.

3 hours ago, The Lord said:

Just wanted to stop by and drop off some suggestions for if you ever find yourself running out of ideas:

Hide contents

A chance for one or more of the Marauders on the map to spawn as Futa Marauders instead, demanding pops instead of energy/minerals to not raid you or when you want to them to raid someone for you. Could tie events into them raiding you, e.g. futas taking over on one of your worlds (some of your pops are given the Futanari trait), them demanding to switch a policy to allow only futa leaders etc. Subsequently, if the Khan spawns as a crisis, there'd be a chance for it to be a Futa Khan instead.

Random events for flora and fauna on random planets which slowly turn some of your pops on the respective planet into futas/hucows or giving them a horsecock (like the Titanic Life event chain from LV, the brain slugs from the base game etc.).

There could be anomalies that turn a scientist into a futa/hucow or feminize them if male.

Random events for pops willingly becoming futas/hucows once Gene Tailoring has been researched (the current futa event in LV doesn't switch a pop to futa).

An Amazon/Futamazon political faction that has a chance to spawn instead of or alongside a Militarist faction (not sure what ideology a hucow faction would represent).

An event chain for futas infiltrating your society, with one outcome being them taking over (you'd then have to play with them as the ruling class).

There could be modifiers for the likelihood of above events happening depending on character traits as well, e.g. if your ruler has the Highly Submissive trait (and is male) these things might be more likely to occur. Similarly, a scientist with one of the LV traits could be more likely to uncover a futa/hucow anomaly.

Besides that I also wanted to say: Good stuff, great job!

Yeah, some of those were things or similar things to my plans.
Right now I am working on pretty ambicious planetary event system resulting in pops missing, you can search for them and reveal the situation which has many outcomes like pops captured by fauna or primitive natives you didn't know of... 
But I am working on it and my time is limited so it will take time. I plan to release it once I have at least one event chain finished.

I noticed your economic categories don't use planet_lv_sex_jobs as their parent. I think this means they wont scale properly from traits that increase sex job output. Is this intentional? Also you have a planet_lvex_cow_trainer category but your lvex_cow_trainer job is using category = planet_jobs instead. I think that's a tiny bug.

I wanted to play with the amazon civic without being militarist. I made it so that xenophobes could use the civic. Maybe you would consider making that change if it makes sense for you.

EDIT: I also believe the opinion modifiers from this mod are still overriding the base LV ones. 

Edited by SohCahToa

Currently, there is a few bugs with the Golden Rod site.

Both of the following bugs did have the setup that the site was excavated before the planet was settled.

In the first scenario, the temple was opened. However no pop would take a rod_temple_apprentice job. Using the debugtooltip, said job was not listed.

Which would prevent the transformation from triggering.

For the second scenario, the relic was chosen. Which does work. However, an out-of-scope error is thrown (behind the scenes) and the follow-up event doesn't come to pass.
Error code in the spoilers.

Spoiler

[effect.cpp:560]: Script Error, attempted to execute an effect on an unsupported scope!
Event: lvexrel.1009
Effect Type: country_event
Scope:type=archaeological_site
id=0
random={ 0 57264087 }
random_allowed=yes
root={
    type=fleet
    id=656
    random={ 0 57264087 }
    random_allowed=yes
    from={
        type=archaeological_site
        id=0
        random={ 0 57264087 }
        random_allowed=yes
    }
}
from={
    type=archaeological_site
    id=0
    random={ 0 57264087 }
    random_allowed=yes
}
prev={
    type=fleet
    id=656
    random={ 0 57264087 }
    random_allowed=yes
    from={
        type=archaeological_site
        id=0
        random={ 0 57264087 }
        random_allowed=yes
    }
}

I will note that I'm using a banged together bit of code (read: copy-pasted from Planetary Diversity) to spawn the Pastura-system closeby.

The file should be posted in the "Solar_system_initializers" folder. It is still a bit rough around the edges. (no .loc files)

lvex_nearby.txt

Since the new patch dropped, Pops won't fill the Cow Trainer and Cow Nurse jobs.  I've adjusted job weights to see if that was a problem, but they still just sit empty.

It's not a mod order problem.  I've tested it with only LV and this mod running.

Bit of a bummer, because I really enjoyed the cow modifications.

15 minutes ago, schroecat said:

Since the new patch dropped, Pops won't fill the Cow Trainer and Cow Nurse jobs.  I've adjusted job weights to see if that was a problem, but they still just sit empty.

It's not a mod order problem.  I've tested it with only LV and this mod running.

Bit of a bummer, because I really enjoyed the cow modifications.

There was a syntax change to pop jobs in 3.2 so adjusting the weights wont be enough. It needs to be made compatible with the new syntax.