[mod] Starchild's LV Expansion (WiP)

I haven't tested this extensively, but if the line

limit = { NOT = { pop_has_trait = trait_lv_large_breasts } }

in lvex_scripted_effects.txt's bovine02_effect section is replaced with

limit = { NOR = { pop_has_trait = trait_lv_large_breasts  pop_has_trait = trait_lv_titanic_evolution } }

it seems to prevent the cow clinic from adding the large breasts trait to pops that have the titanic evolution trait (which is a combo trait that includes the huge breasts and nutritious milk traits).  Much the same change for the entry for nutritious milk and huge breasts.

That prevents a tug-of-war between LV's annual titanic life event (that removes the large breasts, huge breasts, and nutritious milk traits as it adds the titanic evolution trait) and the cow clinic, which adds them back.

3 hours ago, StarchildKiss said:

In what way?

In my games, even if the pop has the Titanic evolution trait.. they still get gaped asses and vaginas in the presents of a horsecock pop. . It only gets annoying when I try to convert the species to other traits. Titanic Evolution of course combines the elastic orifices trait into 1.

On 3/13/2022 at 8:15 AM, StarchildKiss said:

Well apparently there are no milk drones in Lustful Void.
I never paid attention to how the milk cows work with hive minds in Lustful Void.
As long as the jobs are still worked, I wouldn't change. Else I will have to disable the tradition for all gestalts.
Making a cow drone job is not an option because it makes more sense if it is coded in Lustful Void.

Heyo! Couldn't help but correct this, since there are, in fact, Milk Drones in Lustful Void (screenshot relevant).image.png.d34394f06752f8708aa584299ef08a71.png

It's just your mod's Milking Tradition doesn't take the fact that Gestalt Empires exist into account. There's no check for if your Empire is a Gestalt anywhere in the tradition code, instead simply adding a Milk_Cow job every 10 pops.

You can (sloppily) fix this by replacing the line "job_lv_milk_cow_per_pop = 0.1" with "job_lv_milk_drone_per_pop = 0.1" in mod/lv_expansion/common/traditions/lvex_dairy. This is what I did to get the tradition work with my Breeder Hive in this case, but I'd reccomend introducing a Gestalt Check into the code and changing between milk_cows and milk_drones according to that.

On 3/21/2022 at 2:34 AM, Pfactor said:

In my games, even if the pop has the Titanic evolution trait.. they still get gaped asses and vaginas in the presents of a horsecock pop. . It only gets annoying when I try to convert the species to other traits. Titanic Evolution of course combines the elastic orifices trait into 1.

That's odd. I tackled that in my recent version.
Are you sure you are using the most recent version? And make sure you are using a clean install by removing the old mod version.

On 3/21/2022 at 4:09 AM, Asell1 said:

Heyo! Couldn't help but correct this, since there are, in fact, Milk Drones in Lustful Void (screenshot relevant).image.png.d34394f06752f8708aa584299ef08a71.png

It's just your mod's Milking Tradition doesn't take the fact that Gestalt Empires exist into account. There's no check for if your Empire is a Gestalt anywhere in the tradition code, instead simply adding a Milk_Cow job every 10 pops.

You can (sloppily) fix this by replacing the line "job_lv_milk_cow_per_pop = 0.1" with "job_lv_milk_drone_per_pop = 0.1" in mod/lv_expansion/common/traditions/lvex_dairy. This is what I did to get the tradition work with my Breeder Hive in this case, but I'd reccomend introducing a Gestalt Check into the code and changing between milk_cows and milk_drones according to that.

Sorry, I must have missed this then. Seems to have been added to LV in one of the recent updates.

• 3 weeks later...
On 3/22/2022 at 2:15 PM, StarchildKiss said:

Sorry, I must have missed this then. Seems to have been added to LV in one of the recent updates.

Is this still being worked on? I'm going to be using Asell1's hotfix for now, but it would be nice to have a comprehensive gestalt check. 

On 4/11/2022 at 10:00 PM, majisha said:

Is this still being worked on? I'm going to be using Asell1's hotfix for now, but it would be nice to have a comprehensive gestalt check. 

Yes. I am actually done with it unless I missed something. I had not much time but I am back now and am planning to upload it along some other fixes and new stuff after doing some finetuning.

8 minutes ago, Aled190 said:

So I can't find the Amazon civic or trait anywhere. And its kinda driving me freaking insane. I'm going to revert to your previous version in the meantime :/

Okay, there is definitely something wrong with the new update as it basically deletes Amazon Warriors from the civics list when making empires. 

7 hours ago, Aled190 said:

Okay, there is definitely something wrong with the new update as it basically deletes Amazon Warriors from the civics list when making empires. 

I removed it a while ago due to issues and negative feedback.
In it's place are the feminization policies so everyone can roleplay feminization however they want.

Also reverting to an older version is a very bad idea as you will just get more bugs.

Edited by StarchildKiss

hmm seeing this pop up in crash logs while trying to figure out what is causing soft crashes to the game that forces the player to use the task manager to kill the game.

[15:45:10][trigger_impl.cpp:1091]: Script Error: Invalid context switch [event_target:governor_target] from Lithrial [planet], file: events/lvex_planet_events.txt line: 57, Scope:
type=planet
id=8
random={ 0 3101652691 }
random_allowed=yes
from={
    type=planet
    id=8
    random={ 0 2184157151 }
    random_allowed=yes
    from={
        type=planet
        id=8
        random={ 0 4209756166 }
        random_allowed=yes
        from={
            type=country
            id=0
            random={ 0 1803898962 }
            random_allowed=yes
        }
    }
}

[15:45:10][eventtarget.cpp:2156]: Undefined event target: governor_target, location:  file: events/lvex_planet_events.txt line: 68
[15:45:10][trigger_impl.cpp:1091]: Script Error: Invalid context switch [event_target:governor_target] from Lithrial [planet], file: events/lvex_planet_events.txt line: 68, Scope:
type=planet
id=8
random={ 0 3101652691 }
random_allowed=yes
from={
    type=planet
    id=8
    random={ 0 2184157151 }
    random_allowed=yes
    from={
        type=planet
        id=8
        random={ 0 4209756166 }
        random_allowed=yes
        from={
            type=country
            id=0
            random={ 0 1803898962 }
            random_allowed=yes
        }
    }
}

[15:45:10][eventtarget.cpp:2156]: Undefined event target: governor_target, location:  file: events/lvex_planet_events.txt line: 98
[15:45:10][trigger_impl.cpp:1091]: Script Error: Invalid context switch [event_target:governor_target] from Lithrial [planet], file: events/lvex_planet_events.txt line: 98, Scope:
type=planet
id=8
random={ 0 3101652691 }
random_allowed=yes
from={
    type=planet
    id=8
    random={ 0 2184157151 }
    random_allowed=yes
    from={
        type=planet
        id=8
        random={ 0 4209756166 }
        random_allowed=yes
        from={
            type=country
            id=0
            random={ 0 1803898962 }
            random_allowed=yes
        }
    }
}

On 4/20/2022 at 8:29 AM, StarchildKiss said:

I removed it a while ago due to issues and negative feedback.
In it's place are the feminization policies so everyone can roleplay feminization however they want.

Also reverting to an older version is a very bad idea as you will just get more bugs.

Oh? thats a shame, I liked the Amazon idea. I got around it by starting the game in the old version then updating to the new version. So hopefully *hand wobbles* that limits the damage, but it probably didn't. Probably made it worse. Honestly the mods have relatively few obvious bugs besides the lack of random gen empire names (Custom empires and starting random empires work, rebels don't)

Anyways, I'm also jst getting game crashes, and its coincided with you and one other mod addition. I think its related to an event/anomaly that fires. I'm testing for it now, I think if I kill the science ship in the AI empire responsible it'll allow me to keep playing. Unfortunately with my large mod list it may just be a unique my end problem.

Edited by Aled190

I beleive there may be an issue with how security works, its stealing my biotrophies with heavy security.

At the time of this edit i'm up to 2 fauna breeders, and a spaceport whore.

20220422095107_1.jpg

20220422095434_1.jpg

Edited by zarri
Adding images for detail, and sounding less rude.
On 4/22/2022 at 6:38 PM, zarri said:

I beleive there may be an issue with how security works, its stealing my biotrophies with heavy security.

At the time of this edit i'm up to 2 fauna breeders, and a spaceport whore.

20220422095107_1.jpg

20220422095434_1.jpg

Fixed some things. This should hopefully fix it.

Put "lvex_planet_events.txt" in "events" and
"lvex_deposits_features.txt" in "common/deposits"

lvex_planet_events.txt lvex_deposits_features.txt

On 4/23/2022 at 6:59 AM, WolfPack51942 said:

Hey just a question how does the New Transformation Collosus weapon work? i used it on a planet and it seems to have done nothing and also what do you mean by several options for it i can't find options for it so i was hoping you could explain how i use this thing.

When you fire it, you should get a pop up with options what should happen.
Did you research and equip the "transformation beam" weapon?
Where did you fire it? 

Tested the files,

During test with 3 planets - 1 fauna runaways, 2 fauna captures and 3 spacewhore runaways on capital, 1 fauna capture on colony 1, 1 fauna runaway on colony 2.

thats in 58 ingame years of playing with high security being enabled before unpausing on game start. I'm sort of assuming the runaways were going to happen due to being neutral on zoo atm, but thats still 3 captures total.

33 minutes ago, Railgunner2160 said:

Question: Now that Lustful Void has been updated for 3.3.* is this mod still safe to use alongside it? Are there any overwrites that were meant as a patch to get LV running on 3.3.* without too many issues that might conflict with the now updated Lustful Void?

There shouldn't be any issue with the LV update. And if they are conflicts, just report them here.