>.> are the nexus servers run on a potatoe?

Dude500X

I wonder if LL has also been experiencing similar attacks lately?

I dunno. LL seems to be quite fast. I generally peruse new posts about games I do not own here at The Lab while waiting for the nexus to load. I haven't seen any slowdown at Lover's Lab lately.

Premium account for faster and resumable and multiple download. Lol.

Pay to win.

I am a premium member, and I can tell you I have been having loads of trouble for the last week or so, webpage is often unresponsive or 504 timeout error. I can't download multiple files any longer because it takes forever just to load one webpage. I can tell you it's not my computer or connection either. I've got a beast for both. It's them pure and simple.  Really wish they'd get their shit together. 

:blink:  Whoops. sorry.

Premium Membership .."should' give their member a faster downloads etc. Doesn't always do that though. Sometimes I get very good downloads and rarely get a disconnect that requires me to re download the mod. Even Project Brazil wasn't much of a problem however that time it was annoyingly slow. However understandable considering the amount of traffic it was generating. It was within the first 3 or so days of it's release.

@spartan40..are you sure that your provider isn't throttling you with the connection to the Nexus? This last weekend and a couple of days this week in the afternoon I was downloading some mods. One was from a member here and I needed to download it to give him an enforcement. It worked just find on my end multiple times.

and paying rogue individuals to perform DDoS attacks on smaller sites. 

Source plz.

The attacks started shortly after I shared the topic from GameRanx about the FBI MoneyPak virus on NexusMods.

http://modsreloaded.com/nexusmods-compromised-by-malware-hack-t4886.html#p17397

I dunno. LL seems to be quite fast. I generally peruse new posts about games I do not own here at The Lab while waiting for the nexus to load. I haven't seen any slowdown at Lover's Lab lately.

I haven't had any trouble with LL recently. Smooth and reliable. Works as expected.

Nexus premium account is only useful for people that want nudity. Or you can just come to Loverslab and it's free, and people aren't stupid fucking assholes.

I agree that people here "aren't stupid fucking assholes" however what nudity. I am able to get body mods and almost everything else without a premium membership. What would I be missing. .. doubt it is something important otherwise I would have recognized it before now... but just in case.

To get the adult mods forums and the such, and like here you need to have a membership. It doesn't require.. or at least it didn't require a premium membership when I joined. The membership requirement for nudity is normal for most sites like this to help limit underage or those who find that material offensive from getting exposed to it.

Nexus premium account is only useful for people that want nudity. Or you can just come to Loverslab and it's free, and people aren't stupid fucking assholes.

I agree that people here "aren't stupid fucking assholes" however what nudity. I am able to get body mods and almost everything else without a premium membership. What would I be missing. .. doubt it is something important otherwise I would have recognized it before now... but just in case.

To get the adult mods forums and the such, and like here you need to have a membership. It doesn't require.. or at least it didn't require a premium membership when I joined. The membership requirement for nudity is normal for most sites like this to help limit underage or those who find that material offensive from getting exposed to it.

If you have a supporter account you can view and upload nude images, which you cannot do with a regular account, you just get banned.

Lately, Nexus has really been getting on my nerves during certain time frame of the day (especially when I have free time to DL), which is a first. Steam is not much better in that regard cause I cannot have any access link established over the past few days. I can look at the site okay but DL? I would be better crying myself to sleep (and I'm a guy, for Pete's sake).

The nexus has been spiraling downhill for years now. It's gotten to the point (for me) where if I click a link to a mod page on the nexus, whenever I click on a new tab, it doesn't switch to that tab and the screen scrolls back up to the top for whatever reason. Also clicking the fucking search thingy refreshes the god damn fucking page. I literally have to search in google the mod I want to download, click the link (if it's there) and THEN it will work properly! I've tried this with multiple browsers, all yielding the same results. And I would rather go without modding entirely than pay to become a premium member on that shitty site.

If you have a supporter account you can view and upload nude images, which you cannot do with a regular account, you just get banned.

Oh, no problem I have no intention of uploading nude images onto the Nexus.

I certainly hope that the nexus does not have aspirations of competing with Steam when they can't even bring their service above the level of Shit.

I have a limited amount of time to download and play with new mods. Here is my Nexus experience tonight (and most nights recently):

Click Bookmark. The Nexus loads. Yay!

Search. Author: Maskar.

Content Loading...

Content Loading...

Content Loading...

Content Loading...

F5 F5 F5 F5 F5 F5

Site loads. Try again...

Files. New Recently. Yay! They list. Click on Blackwood House v2. Nothing... Still nothing...

Nothing...  Nothing....

Could not connect to remote server

You tried to access the address http://oblivion.nexusmods.com/mods/43749, which is currently unavailable. Please make sure that the web address (URL) is correctly spelled and punctuated, then try reloading the page.
Make sure your internet connection is active and check whether other applications that rely on the same connection are working.
Check that the setup of any internet security software is correct and does not interfere with ordinary web browsing.
If you are behind a firewall on a Local Area Network and think this may be causing problems, talk to your systems administrator.
Try pressing the F12 key on your keyboard and disabling proxy servers, unless you know that you are required to use a proxy to connect to the internet. Reload the page.
Need help?
Open the Opera Help.
Go to Opera's online support desk.

If I had paid to be a premium member I would have asked for a refund or initiated a chargeback ages ago. The site is borderline useless now.

My $150 a month Sympatico Fibe connection works just fine, thanks for asking. Does the nexus actually have a cluster of dedicated servers, or are they running the whole thing from a bunch of $9.00 a year GoDaddy virtual accounts? Actually, GoDaddy would probably work better than what they have going on now...

www.F5EscF5EscContentLoadingContentLoading.com

I guess I'll try again tomorrow or next weekend. I'm going back to my second favourite hobby tonight - getting drunk.

I certainly hope that the nexus does not have aspirations of competing with Steam when they can't even bring their service above the level of Shit.

I have a limited amount of time to download and play with new mods. Here is my Nexus experience tonight (and most nights recently):

Click Bookmark. The Nexus loads. Yay!

Search. Author: Maskar.

Content Loading...

Content Loading...

Content Loading...

Content Loading...

F5 F5 F5 F5 F5 F5

Site loads. Try again...

Files. New Recently. Yay! They list. Click on Blackwood House v2. Nothing... Still nothing...

Nothing...  Nothing....

If I had paid to be a premium member I would have asked for a refund or initiated a chargeback ages ago. The site is borderline useless now.

My $150 a month Sympatico Fibe connection works just fine, thanks for asking. Does the nexus actually have a cluster of dedicated servers, or are they running the whole thing from a bunch of $9.00 a year GoDaddy virtual accounts? Actually, GoDaddy would probably work better than what they have going on now...

www.F5EscF5EscContentLoadingContentLoading.com

I guess I'll try again tomorrow or next weekend. I'm going back to my second favourite hobby tonight - getting drunk.

Ha, that's been going on for quite some time now over there. Try during the week, I've managed to download the stuff I wanted without much fuzz and didn't have to abuse my poor F5 key as much. :D

Does the nexus actually have a cluster of dedicated servers, or are they running the whole thing from a bunch of $9.00 a year GoDaddy virtual accounts? Actually, GoDaddy would probably work better than what they have going on now...

They tried to implement a server cluster, but instead got a clusterfuck, and worried about where to find and afford some professional to set it up.

But then the site owner made a slip where he mentioned about taking days off in Mexico... Makes you wonder where the money should be stuffed in.

sorry for parading my stuff here. I am more than willing to let modders host their stuff on my mod uploader. My only problem is that most mods that were uploaded to nexus came with "do not upload anywhere else" permissions. Else I would have put up some. I am not sure why modders would do such a thing. 

I am hosting everything on S3 (for now) I cannot pay for the cost of bandwidth. It is likely same with nexus.

My two choices are:

Charge 2$ per year per user (unlimited download)

Move out of S3/cloud to less reliable but cheaper servers

Note: If you upload to my mod downloader it is considered public domain. People can host it elsewhere if they want. There is no such permission setting as it made no sense to me at the time plus you can only enforce it if you retain full copyright to mods in which case you have to chase the file host yourself.

Hrm. You guys apparently have some crappy luck. Sure I may occasionally see a file does not exist message, but then I simply select another location on their server list and that usually takes care of it. I had no issues pulling down Project Brazil recently which was around a gig in size, and I'm not a premium member.

I like the direction that the nexus is going and I hope they end up going the route of being able to upload any mod for any game that they've spoken about. After having used dozens of different mod sites, Nexus is still much more user friendly. I have more problems with broken links here on LoversLab after there is an upgrade than I do with the Nexus.

And I thought Nexus just got better... looks like they sticked a finger right in my face literally today. Every single time I need to call up a new page to look at, I would need to wait a few minutes after the last call up or Nexus is just going to show me all the way to a search engine page.... :angry:

Apparently they're taking measures to control a DDoS attack, and that's why you may be getting a 502 Bad Gateway error, or a 403 Forbidden.

Make of that what you will.

Well, yeah, someone's really bombing them that hard. Also, owing to the server fuckups, some authors are now uploading their stuff elsewhere.

Archived