14 hours ago, janbui said:

@chuckseven1 There seems to be a problem with applying schlongs to already dead npcs, not sure if there is a fix for this since there would have to be a keyword for dead npcs, but I have no clue if that keyword exists. I'm looking into it myself, but my scripting knowledge is very limited if it comes down to a script.

Could you be clearer? What is the issue with dead NPCs?

3 hours ago, chuckseven1 said:

Could you be clearer? What is the issue with dead NPCs?

Essentially, pre-dead NPCs such as that one bandit at the beginning of Bleak Falls Barrow do not have a schlong attached to them as seen here: enb2021_9_15_14_39_25.bmp

If I remember correctly, the effect for schlongs were not distributed properly to these dead NPCs, as whenever I compared the same NPC in the image with and without this mod, with this mod the effects "SOS Setup NPC Magic Effect" and "SOS Actor Magic Effect" did not apply. My guess is that either SPID or the ini in this mod did not account for the dead NPCs, since SOS's cloak works on these pre-dead NPCs.

If you have any idea on how to fix this then that would be amazing, but for the most part this mod is still wonderful to have. Sorry for the lack of clarity before, if you need anymore I'll give as much as you need.

31 minutes ago, janbui said:

Essentially, pre-dead NPCs such as that one bandit at the beginning of Bleak Falls Barrow do not have a schlong attached to them as seen here: enb2021_9_15_14_39_25.bmp

If I remember correctly, the effect for schlongs were not distributed properly to these dead NPCs, as whenever I compared the same NPC in the image with and without this mod, with this mod the effects "SOS Setup NPC Magic Effect" and "SOS Actor Magic Effect" did not apply. My guess is that either SPID or the ini in this mod did not account for the dead NPCs, since SOS's cloak works on these pre-dead NPCs.

If you have any idea on how to fix this then that would be amazing, but for the most part this mod is still wonderful to have. Sorry for the lack of clarity before, if you need anymore I'll give as much as you need.

Oh I see so you mean like "NPCs" that just spawn as corpses. Right now it assigns the actor effect to ActorTypeNPC. The corpse must not have that keyword. Or perhaps SPID treats corpses differently.

On 9/14/2021 at 1:05 PM, Herowynne said:

That is a known problem with the dripping effect mesh that is equipped on the player and NPCs.

Apparently, the dripping effect mesh is not compatible with the Solitude architecture meshes, and that incompatibility causes the player and NPC blinking effect.

The workaround is that you must turn off the dripping effect when you go into buildings in Solitude.

Well that solves the blinking PC issue that mysteriously followed me from LE to SSE.  Thanks!

On 9/14/2021 at 4:05 PM, Herowynne said:

That is a known problem with the dripping effect mesh that is equipped on the player and NPCs.

Apparently, the dripping effect mesh is not compatible with the Solitude architecture meshes, and that incompatibility causes the player and NPC blinking effect.

The workaround is that you must turn off the dripping effect when you go into buildings in Solitude.

Anyone know of a fix for this other than disabling dripping effect? I searched around and can't find any info.  Tried replacing the mesh with one from FHU but that made it worse (blinking constantly, not just during scenes).  I just wonder - if it's a mesh issue - if something can be tweaked.  Dealt with this issue in solitude for a long time and never knew the cause, so thank you for that.

• 3 weeks later...

Hello, just tested this and it seems to work fine on my end.

I did notice that if you choose "Restart SOS" in the MCM menu then it will remove schlongs from everyone in the game, but because the player no longer has a cloak they will not be re-added based on distribution. It doesn't seem like the SPID script runs again.

Do you think you can add the feature to re-run the SPID when "Restart SOS" is selected? This should also make it even easier for custom distributions to be changed in game, via MCM.

Also, removing/cleaning a specific schlong from everyone would likely have this issue too, but I did not test this.

Edited by Just For Fun
43 minutes ago, Just For Fun said:

Hello, just tested this and it seems to work fine on my end.

I did notice that if you choose "Restart SOS" in the MCM menu then it will remove schlongs from everyone in the game, but because the player no longer has a cloak they will not be re-added based on distribution. It doesn't seem like the SPID script runs again.

Do you think you can add the feature to re-run the SPID when "Restart SOS" is selected? This should also make it even easier for custom distributions to be changed in game, via MCM.

Also, removing/cleaning a specific schlong from everyone would likely have this issue too, but I did not test this.

That is not how SPID works. SPID runs before the game starts.

14 hours ago, chuckseven1 said:

That is not how SPID works. SPID runs before the game starts.

If SPID can't be forced to run again, then that is unfortunate.

I really like the implementation of SPID, since fewer cloaks are always a good thing. but I would add a warning to your description that since the cloak is gone using "Restart SOS", "Clean Schlong", etc. will result in every actor losing their schlongs and will require the player to manually assign them for the rest of that save.

Just now, Just For Fun said:

If SPID can't be forced to run again, then that is unfortunate.

I really like the implementation of SPID, since fewer cloaks are always a good thing. but I would add a warning to your description that since the cloak is gone using "Restart SOS", "Clean Schlong", etc. will result in every actor losing their schlongs and will require the player to manually assign them for the rest of that save.

The button should work. They do not remove the actor effect, they just send events to it. Being schlongless is not supposed to remove the actor effect. Did you check if their effect it really gone with HasMagicEffect() ? They might just be in some weird state.

• 3 weeks later...

hmm having issues with this, it did not distribute male schlongs for me only manually. ☺️

upon running the game, the ini text changes to:

Keyword = ActorTypeSoSU|ActorTypeNPC

Spell = 0x12E9~Schlongs of Skyrim.esp|ActorTypeSoSU|NONE|NONE|M

i tried removing ï»¿ but it still don't distribute, :classic_confused:

my log says the ini loads:

[11:37:30:059] po3_SpellPerkItemDistributor v5.0.4
[11:37:30:059] loaded plugin
[11:37:30:097] Keyword Item Distributor (KID) detected : true
[11:37:30:097] *************INI**************
[11:37:30:187]     18 matching inis found
[11:37:30:191]     INI : Data\SoSUncloaked__DISTR.ini

Edited by nun56unn5ufg
  • 1 month later...
On 11/14/2021 at 3:57 AM, nun56unn5ufg said:

hmm having issues with this, it did not distribute male schlongs for me only manually. ☺️

upon running the game, the ini text changes to:

i tried removing ï»¿ but it still don't distribute, :classic_confused:

my log says the ini loads:

SPID released a version 5 which changed the format. The ini you get in this file is no longer in the correct format, which explains why things aren't working as expected. There is an exe you can download to auto-adjust the formatting, or just make the small changes yourself.

I don't know if this is an issue, I'm currently exploring it myself, but do you have Scholngs of Skyrim.esp in a plugin merge? It might just not be able to find the esp it's looking for.

• 3 weeks later...