Schlongs of Skyrim Uncloaked

View File

This mod removes the cloak spell normally used by SoS to apply itself to NPCs, and instead uses SPID.

By default it will distribute to all male NPCs. The MCM menu still works and can still be used to manually give a female NPC a schlong.

The optional SoSUncloaked_Futa__DISTR file will make it also distribute to all female NPCs.

If you know SPID, you can make your own DISTR files to give schlongs to specific NPCs only.

• Submitter
  • Submitted
    09/04/2021
  • Category
  • Requires
    SoS SE, SPID
  • Regular Edition Compatible

I've seen several mods recently that replace old mods that used cloak with this new SPID system, most notably XPMSSE. Can someone explain what is the difference, the benefits and downsides over the old cloak system please?

Edited by belegost

Cloaks are fine when you actually want a cloak effect, that is an effect for all NPCs within a certain range of the PC. But mods use cloak effects with large areas to apply their stuff to NPCs as the player encounters them. This is usually done not because there is a "range" to the mods effects, but because vanilla skyrim had no way to say "add this to every npc". SPID adds that. Removing the cloak effect and just directly applying the mods stuff to the NPCs doesn't require constantly looking around for new NPCs and is just one less then for the engine to have to do.

25 minutes ago, chuckseven1 said:

Cloaks are fine when you actually want a cloak effect, that is an effect for all NPCs within a certain range of the PC. But mods use cloak effects with large areas to apply their stuff to NPCs as the player encounters them. This is usually done not because there is a "range" to the mods effects, but because vanilla skyrim had no way to say "add this to every npc". SPID adds that. Removing the cloak effect and just directly applying the mods stuff to the NPCs doesn't require constantly looking around for new NPCs and is just one less then for the engine to have to do.

Looks pretty good. Is it possible to do this to other mods. Maybe even SexLab Aroused? I know that one can have a bit of a performance impact from all the cloak spells I believe. Are there other big mods here on LL that use cloak spells heavily?

Edited by LaEspada

Didn't realize SoS used a cloak spell. Where is it used?

From looking at this mod's ESP, it looks like it replaces the original mod's SOS_SetupQuest_Script in the quest. When I check that script, I only see two instances of RegisterForSingleUpdate and they seem to be part of the initialization process and will fire 10 times or less.

If the source script was included with the mod, I could probably figure it out by comparing the two scripts.

Edited by NNS10
3 hours ago, NNS10 said:

From looking at this mod's ESP, it looks like it replaces the original mod's SOS_SetupQuest_Script in the quest. When I check that script, I only see two instances of RegisterForSingleUpdate and they seem to be part of the initialization process and will fire 10 times or less.

If the source script was included with the mod, I could probably figure it out by comparing the two scripts.

Including script sources in mods should be default but alternatively you can use champollion decompiler. It will be a bit harder to compare tho.

7 hours ago, LaEspada said:

Looks pretty good. Is it possible to do this to other mods. Maybe even SexLab Aroused? I know that one can have a bit of a performance impact from all the cloak spells I believe. Are there other big mods here on LL that use cloak spells heavily?

Besides aroused, I know that Creature Framework heavily uses cloak spells.

10 hours ago, NNS10 said:

The cloak is on the player all the time. It casts a spell on any nearby NPCs which gives them the SoS actor script if they do not already have it. I just edited the quest to not apply the cloak to the player. The RegisterForSingleUpdate is not related to the cloak.

Edited by chuckseven1
5 hours ago, preserotri said:

that's nice! only question i have is if it's applicable mid-playthrough or if it will cause issues with SoS?

It won't cause issues exactly, but mid-playthrough you already have the cloak spell. It is applied when you start the game the first time. Adding this would not remove the cloak from you once it is already there.

11 hours ago, LaEspada said:

I don't know of any mods that use cloaks "heavily" most scripted mods involving NPCs had one cloak spell to apply all their NPC stuff. The real issue is when you have lots of mods, each with their own cloak, all running all the time. I don't use aroused but there is likely a cloak involved yes.

4 hours ago, cetuximab said:

Does this respect SOS MCM settings for schlong size and type distribution?  For instance, I normally set the type distribution to 33% for each of the base schlongs to give an even distribution of each type, and set the schlong size to average slightly bigger.

read the description

Edited by chuckseven1
7 hours ago, Ikwydls said:

Including script sources in mods should be default but alternatively you can use champollion decompiler. It will be a bit harder to compare tho.

I just forgot to attach the source zip. I do not package it together because unless you are another modder or something, the source is just cruft.

19 minutes ago, LewdZenn said:

Would you mind giving a quick write up on the process you did for setting this up outside of SPID? There are a bunch of mods that would probably benefit from this

I agree. I have no skills at all for scripting, but I can follow well made instructions. I am always willing to put in work to get my game a bit more responsive. Like I always know something is about to happen when all of a sudden my game stutters for a second and something occurs immediately after. I have a script heavy setup so mods that reduce that stress is always appreciated.

10 hours ago, T-lam said:

As far I know SPID fires on start. What about respawn ?

I think SPID distributes stuff to ActorBase so respawned Actors should be covered out of the box as they are generated from the same template.

Edited by Tiress
9 hours ago, Ikwydls said:

I tried decompiling, but it returned empty functions. Not working for some reason.

Edit: Since the source scripts are now available, I downloaded them to check. Guess the decompile I did worked just fine... the official source script has empty functions as well.

Edited by NNS10
2 hours ago, LewdZenn said:

Would you mind giving a quick write up on the process you did for setting this up outside of SPID? There are a bunch of mods that would probably benefit from this

Just from taking a cursory glance, SPID seems to have a pretty solid amount of info regarding its use, I assume all you'd need to track down is the specific ID of the cloak spell that you want to work with, and then follow the rest of the instructions. The author of SPID also included an xedit script that you can use to partially automate the process.

4 hours ago, osculim said:

Everything works great except schlong sizes for the player. You can set it to adjust size and shape to whatever you like but it as soon as you leave racemenu the adjustments are lost. Anyway to fix that ?

Adjusting in racemenu works fine for me, and my changes are only about NPCs. This probably has nothing to do with your issue.