Guest AthenaESIV

This is great, def activating on next new game, thanks!

I'm looking forward to see all the optimizations SPID can give us. Hopefully Baka or someone uses SPID if possible to optimize SLA, and any other mods that could benefit. The ones that come to mind first are SLS, Creature Framework, and Sexlab itself.

SPID and mods that enhance the core engine like it are good to see taking off, exciting times for Skyrim modding for the past year and feels like things are still picking up steam.

Edited by AthenaESIV
5 hours ago, chuckseven1 said:

The real issue is when you have lots of mods, each with their own cloak, all running all the time.

And what is the exact issue? Maybe the engine can not support a lot of cloaks running?

What is the real motive to replace the cloaks with another system? Maybe the final result is not the same?

As i understand, SPID add the spell to the base object and the game automatically execute the spell when the actor is inside the loaded cells.

The cloaks, as i think, make exactly the same. When an actor enter in range add the spell to the actor.

When the range of the cloak is limited the cloak overcharge the engine less than SPID because the spell is not applied to every loaded actor.

Of course, if the range of the cloak is all the loaded cells a cloak make exactly the same as SPID.

36 minutes ago, alex77r4 said:

And what is the exact issue? Maybe the engine can not support a lot of cloaks running?

What is the real motive to replace the cloaks with another system? Maybe the final result is not the same?

As i understand, SPID add the spell to the base object and the game automatically execute the spell when the actor is inside the loaded cells.

The cloaks, as i think, make exactly the same. When an actor enter in range add the spell to the actor.

When the range of the cloak is limited the cloak overcharge the engine less than SPID because the spell is not applied to every loaded actor.

Of course, if the range of the cloak is all the loaded cells a cloak make exactly the same as SPID.

The saving I am talking about is in the removal of the cost of the cloak itself, not the cost of the spell applied by the cloak. There is a nonzero cost to looking around the player constantly for new NPCs. SPID does no constant searching. Yes if the effect running on the NPCs is an expensive one, this could make it worse because there will be more NPCs with the effect running.

Having a cloak with a range big enough to cover all loaded NPCs would not be the same as SPID, it would cost more. That is my point. There is a performance cost to having a cloak effect running, they are not free. One probably does not matter much, but none is cheaper than one. This sort of change is more helpful in the case when you have 100s of mods making 100s of cloaks. Replacing all of those with SPID will be far cheaper. Also SPID only runs at startup, modifying all the actor bases as they load, whereas a cloak is always running, always using CPU.

Edited by chuckseven1
typos

Also most mods have it so their effects do not wear off when NPCs leave the range of the cloak, so once you have been running around long enough all the NPCs will have the effects on them anyway. Only initially will SPID maybe cost more because it starts with all the NPCs modded, rather than you needing to get close to all the NPCs first.

I've had an issue since March I believe was related to cloaking in Dripping While Aroused ..... It only happened in two places, the Bard's College and the Blue Palace in Solitude. What was happening is whenever SLA picked up someone in range with a high libido level the cloaking in DWA would cause the anyone in a sex scene to blink off and on it an approximately 1 second interval ..... It was driving me crazy because it didn't always happen and I finally figured out it was only when someone had a very high libido. The solution to the problem was turning off cloaking in DWA in the MCM menu and that seems to have fixed it although DWA only works now during sex scenes. I never really dug any deeper to figure out if it was a problem with the scripting or what since the workaround fixed the problem I just continued to set it up with cloaking off

4 hours ago, chuckseven1 said:

Adjusting in racemenu works fine for me, and my changes are only about NPCs. This probably has nothing to do with your issue.

yes you can adjust but it doesn't hold the adjustments for players. It could be himbo tho. Ill have to test it a bit more.

12 minutes ago, hexofishy said:

How does this affect the schlong type probabilities? Does SPID run too early to customize these values in the MCM?

SPID does not handle the schlong probabilities, MCM still can. Just know that females won't get schlongs at all unless you use the optional futa file. Then they too will follow the MCM settings. SPID is distributing the mod actor script, not the actual schlongs.

Edited by chuckseven1
typo
20 minutes ago, chuckseven1 said:

SPID does not handle the schlong probabilities, MCM still can. Just know that females won't get schlongs at all unless you use the optional futa file. Then they too will follow the MCM settings. SPID is distributing the mod actor script, not the actual schlongs.

Gotcha, thanks for clearing that up

14 hours ago, chuckseven1 said:

There is a performance cost to having a cloak effect running, they are not free. One probably does not matter much, but none is cheaper than one. 

Is evident that make something cost more CPU that make nothing and the difference from make nothing against make something is very noticeable in mono thread processing. But when we talk about multi thread processing, a lot of times, the difference is not noticeable because a thread can make something while another thread make another thing. Normally, change something by nothing in a multi thread program not increase the performance nor the frame rate.

14 hours ago, chuckseven1 said:

This sort of change is more helpful in the case when you have 100s of mods making 100s of cloaks. Replacing all of those with SPID will be far cheaper.

Of course, go to be more cheaper in CPU usage but that is the only benefit that we can get.

Those changes only can provide a real benefit to specific users that play with the CPU in constant 100% usage.

The rest of the users will only go to have slightly less CPU usage and will not get any other benefit.

Simply because, while the render pipeline is working, another thread can compute hundreds of cloaks.

19 hours ago, chuckseven1 said:

The cloak is not what checks the gender. The SoS actor script handles that stuff.

Notes

• Thats the point
  •  
  •  
  • Any changes made to a leveled actor's leveled (or 'temporary') base will be lost when the actor re-levels.
  • Any changes made to a leveled actor's non-leveled (or editor) base will not show up on the actor until the actor re-levels.
  • Most SKSE "Set" functions performed on an ActorBase will not persist across gaming sessions. If you want a scripted change for a particular Actor to persist, you will need to implement the change via the OnPlayerLoadGame() event or a similar mechanism.
Edited by T-lam
24 minutes ago, T-lam said:

Notes

• Thats the point
  •  
  •  
  • Any changes made to a leveled actor's leveled (or 'temporary') base will be lost when the actor re-levels.
  • Any changes made to a leveled actor's non-leveled (or editor) base will not show up on the actor until the actor re-levels.
  • Most SKSE "Set" functions performed on an ActorBase will not persist across gaming sessions. If you want a scripted change for a particular Actor to persist, you will need to implement the change via the OnPlayerLoadGame() event or a similar mechanism.

OK. I don't know what you are trying to point out?

54 minutes ago, alex77r4 said:

Is evident that make something cost more CPU that make nothing and the difference from make nothing against make something is very noticeable in mono thread processing. But when we talk about multi thread processing, a lot of times, the difference is not noticeable because a thread can make something while another thread make another thing. Normally, change something by nothing in a multi thread program not increase the performance nor the frame rate.

Of course, go to be more cheaper in CPU usage but that is the only benefit that we can get.

Those changes only can provide a real benefit to specific users that play with the CPU in constant 100% usage.

The rest of the users will only go to have slightly less CPU usage and will not get any other benefit.

Simply because, while the render pipeline is working, another thread can compute hundreds of cloaks.

The engine is only somewhat concurrent. It will not simply use spawn more threads and use more HARTs. My CPU never maxes out, but Skyrim frequent maxes out a couple HARTs of my CPU.

It's more about the fact that the goal was apply the script to all NPCs, so I just directly did that instead of indirectly doing it with a cloak.

If you don't want this don't use it.

On 9/5/2021 at 5:45 AM, chuckseven1 said:

I don't know what you mean. I am a player?

I don't know what to tell you with this installed going out of racemenu the penis automatically revert to some wierd cone shape thing lol. Without it it works fine. Now I am sure it could be something else. All I am trying to do is find the culprit and find a solution.

2 hours ago, osculim said:

I don't know what to tell you with this installed going out of racemenu the penis automatically revert to some wierd cone shape thing lol. Without it it works fine. Now I am sure it could be something else. All I am trying to do is find the culprit and find a solution.

Could be a skeleton problem, or a conflicting mesh. I remember having the issue a few weeks ago and I didn't installed this mod (uncloaked SOS).

On 9/4/2021 at 7:47 AM, MisutaOtoko said:

Creature Framework

On 9/4/2021 at 4:48 PM, AthenaESIV said:

Creature Framework

interesting idea but i don't know how i would make it work, CF 2 uses quests to apply it's effects, not area effect spells.

the spell CF 2 uses is also not a active effect spell, it runs a script once on a target to identify it then ends, so applying it to everything at game start won't be helpful.

no clue how CF 1 would be effected by it.

For those wanting to use SOS on females, open SoSUncloaked__DISTR.ini and change:

Spell = 0x000012E9 - Schlongs of Skyrim.esp | ActorTypeSoSU | NONE | NONE | M

to:

Spell = 0x000012E9 - Schlongs of Skyrim.esp | ActorTypeSoSU | NONE | NONE | NONE

On 9/4/2021 at 11:28 PM, Barka said:

So the question is open: does it make sense to switch to SPID in the midgame?

It is highly recommended to use on a new game, because the cloak spell from SOS has already been applied to your PC. It may be possible to remove the spell and carry on, but I don't really know and can't advise. I don't think the gains are great enough to quit a playthrough for, but I would add it on your next one.

With that said, I am all for removing unnecessary cloaks with mods like this - good work chuckseven1. Much appreciated!

Having issues with this. Started two new games. One with it on and one with it off. In the new game with it off, everything is fine. When I use the new game with it on. Males are doing the never nude thing (brown underwear). Not sure why, looking in the SoS MCM though, checking males under crosshair. All of them are flagged as "no schlong". Changing it fixes it, but it looks like I would have to do that for every male NPC in game, including my character. Played around with moving the esp in load order and starting a new game, didn't see a change though, same issue.

1 hour ago, TriggerHappyYesIam said:

Having issues with this. Started two new games. One with it on and one with it off. In the new game with it off, everything is fine. When I use the new game with it on. Males are doing the never nude thing (brown underwear). Not sure why, looking in the SoS MCM though, checking males under crosshair. All of them are flagged as "no schlong". Changing it fixes it, but it looks like I would have to do that for every male NPC in game, including my character. Played around with moving the esp in load order and starting a new game, didn't see a change though, same issue.

Sounds like you don't have SPID installed correctly.