Saints Row Reboot Is Awful

I'm a bit surprised Yahtzee didn't touch on the terrible characterization, but maybe that's because so many other outlets have latched on to that.  So here's a perfectly good review demonstrating that the game is objectively bad without even having to discuss the "woke" cringiness.  He doesn't even really talk about the bugs either, it's mostly just the general substance and how... dated the whole game feels.

Edited by davisev5225
Updated to YouTube embed instead of link to the cancer that is The Escapist
On 8/29/2022 at 9:52 PM, xbrrrty said:

Thankfully they are a dying breed.

Go woke go broke is literally never true. 

Lol nice delusion.

Gamergate was merely a first pebble in a giant avalanche and the way Saints Woke failed is a result of that ( as is with every shitty woke infested "game" since ).

More is coming and there is absolutely nothing you can do about it. 
Enjoy the show, i certainly will.

On 8/31/2022 at 2:24 PM, Canaris said:

As unfortunate a truth this is... I've got my popcorn, and sadness ready to see more and more games turn into shit because of 'wokeness' When ALL I really want is a goddamned good Triple A game that isn't garbage or pandering to the 'woke' crowd. Which by the way, there's a pendulum for everything, push hard enough one way the metal ball will come swinging back twice as hard.

7 hours ago, Raelic said:

As unfortunate a truth this is... I've got my popcorn, and sadness ready to see more and more games turn into shit because of 'wokeness' When ALL I really want is a goddamned good Triple A game that isn't garbage or pandering to the 'woke' crowd. Which by the way, there's a pendulum for everything, push hard enough one way the metal ball will come swinging back twice as hard.

I havent played AAA game in like 10 years. Fuck them, i play indie shit - its often also full of woke shit but at least there are glimmers of hope here and there.

On 9/5/2022 at 5:03 PM, Raelic said:

The main issue with the woke stuff right now, isn't that they're pandering to that crowd. That's a simple fix. The main issue is with hiring. The reason games like Saints Row end up being so bad isn't because of the stuff they put in the game, it's the people behind it that make it bad. Woke hiring practices, basically. It'll be a while until that is entirely purged from the industry. Whether or not the gaming industry requires a collapse before they make the purge is yet to be seen.

On 9/1/2022 at 5:24 AM, Canaris said:

Lol nice delusion.

Gamergate was merely a first pebble in a giant avalanche and the way Saints Woke failed is a result of that ( as is with every shitty woke infested "game" since ).

More is coming and there is absolutely nothing you can do about it. 

Wasn't gamergate just a harassment campaign against female devs?

18 hours ago, Cozza said:

Wasn't gamergate just a harassment campaign against female devs?

No. It was all about ethics in video games journalism. The "gamergaters" wanted various things disclosed that might affect the review score like if the product was received for free, the reviewer got take on a fancy trip or if the dev was fucking the reviewer. The rest got tacked on because the left are bunch of psychopaths.

• 1 month later...

Here stinks too much to haters and cheap lovers of GTA ...

The game is actually quite good!! I mean ... not better than SR 3, but it is better than SR 4.

You guys complain about the woke content and bla ... bla ... bla ... but anti-woke people is just as despicable as pro-woke people when the two factions are so over the top.  

Edited by Sneaksmile
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I wouldn't say it's horrible.  Looked at in a vacuum I'd say it's ok.  Compared to previous Saints Row games, it's pretty crap.  But I understand why.  The Saints Row series seems to have two main groups of fans, those who want the more serious, original GTA knockoff and those who (like me) enjoyed the silliness and over-the-top nature of 3 and 4.  The voice acting in 3 and 4 is superb, and they're just fun as fuck to play.  I still play them.  The new one... meh.  I played it long enough to finish the story, trying not to think about how much better it would be if they weren't trying to appease the fans that didn't like how silly 3 and 4 got while also trying to avoid the wrath of social media.

• 3 weeks later...