Old SexLab Submit - (Merge into the current Submit thread?)

• 15JUL13, ~2108CST: 
  • Converted the MCM text to a separate Sexlab Submit_ENGLISH text file template that can be used by those interested in doing translations.
  • Those that make a translation file, attach them in a post in this thread and I will add them to the Interface folder inside the .BSA in future updates.

Small update on my part, for those that expressed an interest in translating the mod's MCM content.

I'll start giving SPANISH a shot :) Just copy the text file, rename it SPANISH and just translate all the lines? or is there any other step I must go through? Just making sure I do it properly.

Also, question: Should I also translate the feature names? For example "Submit Grapple". Should I translate that as well or only the description for things? Asking because when doing a translation I'm aware that leaving Stuff of the original language sounds off lol, but at the same time me being a native Spanish speaker, personally what I like is to be able to understand the entire mod in my language (not that I need to though, mind you, I actually hate my own language xD), but know and use the original name for things, regardless of the language of those features. But yeah that's up to you. :P

You should really keep the translations as loose files, for easy translation/updating the translations.

@monababii: i suggest you translate everything you see as appropriate. Just don't translate names. As grapple and shout are no names, translating these makes sense, imo. While SexLab Submit is a name and should not be translated.

in short: Leave the first line in the MCM file alone. For the rest: Go go gadget, translate-o-matic.

Here's the SPANISH translation file :)

Ran it through a Spell-check just in case (turns out I did have just a couple mistakes :P) and made sure to use Tildes, proper Spanish xD

I also don't even have the game in Spanish myself lol, I use English, so I had to check with the Skyrim Spanish Wiki to make sure things like "Shout" and "Follower" and "NPC" were said in the game the way I thought they would, which all turned out to be just right.

Also thanks CGi. I admit I had to check your German file a couple of times to see exactly what would you translate and what would be left out in the original language. Things like 'Morality ActorValue' for example :)

Wish I could have ran the game with the translated file just to make sure everything was okay, perfectionist of a person that I am D: but I guess time will tell!

Enjoy!

Cheers!

Nice that i could help. ^^
Hope you didn't notice, that i added informations to the ToolTip stuff. :)

Well... i actually added only 1 information for the grapple, explaining that it's range equals the one of spells, that are OnTouch, so german players don't think it got the chance of having a higher range, hopefully helping to avoid reports that the grapple doesn't work because the player was simply to far away. :D

Btw: Morality ActorValue was simply not translated as it's more a technical thingie and translating it would have been to much text, no one may read, understand or care about anyway. :P

Nice that i could help. ^^

Hope you didn't notice, that i added informations to the ToolTip stuff. :)

Well... i actually added only 1 information for the grapple, explaining that it's range equals the one of spells, that are OnTouch, so german players don't think it got the chance of having a higher range, hopefully helping to avoid reports that the grapple doesn't work because the player was simply to far away. :D

Btw: Morality ActorValue was simply not translated as it's more a technical thingie and translating it would have been to much text, no one may read, understand or care about anyway. :P

I understand the grapple thing :P I did something similar with mine while I was translating it. Basically instead of using a simple translated word I used a commonly used phrase, that a direct raw translation to English would be something like "Body to Body". Phrase used usually for things like personal defense at close range and what not, but it's not confined to "defense" :P

Doesn't make much sense in English but yeah... if a translation made a lot of sense in both languages there would be no need for human translators and Google would be a perfect tool xD

As for the ActorValue, yeah I understand that as well :P It's one of the main reasons I looked at your translation to begin with, I assumed I could just leave that raw.

That was a quick turnaround!

German, Spanish, and through the PM of the person that first brought up translating, Italian will probably be soon! Spiffy! :)

@CGi

I suppose I could keep them loose, but at this point, I'm rapidly winding down new development on the mod, so other than minor tweaks to things and bug fixes as needed, there probably won't be much of a change to the MCM.  (Of course, now that I said that, it's inevitable that I will... :dodgy: )  And an install of only two files that sit side by side in the /data folder makes it far easier for the average user to install and/or remove the mod if they so desired, versus tracking down all of the various subfolders.

Plus, I guess I just figure that if they really wanted to, the average person that is hip enough to mod translation files is probably familar with .BSA extractors.

As to what was translated vs not, hey, I'll leave that up to the translator's discretion.  Not only would I be at a severe disadvantage of not knowing what it said ( :P), in many cases, space is a premium, so what gets said is often constrained not only by what *can* be said as much as what *needs* to be said.  (i.e. Trying to clearly explain the Morality slider bar in 1-2 lines?  Not happening! But any more and it wouldn't fit in the text field!)

As to the Grapple in particular, hrm, I thought I mentioned something about that.  Guess I probably should add a short blurb then.

See? I told you, not even finished the post and I already have to change the MCM.  DAMN YOU MURPHY's LAW!!! :angry:

...at least I didn't say, "What could go wrong?" :P

Edit: Meh, I refer to it as a "Close Quarter Grapple" in English, which any native english speaker should understand that means you have to be within arm's reach.  And I detail it even further in the description on the main page, although I guess that means I should make a Readme to go in the .7z file. :P

Sorry for the delay but I have big problems with stability of  PC, here's the translation in Italian.

One thing I can not change the key shout?

Thanks!  I've updated the OP with credits for the three of you! :)

When you said you can't change the key, what do you mean?

Do you mean you physically can't change the Hotkey assignment?  If so, you may have just been confused at the removal of the "This key is already assigned blah blah" text, but you can't still change the key.  I did it last night after I removed that annoying text just to make sure it still worked just fine.

(For some reason, that text wasn't syncing up with the language file, and it kept showing the language code instead of the fill in text, so I just deleted it because it was a nuisance anyway. :P)

If you mean you can't change the actual text for the key, I'm not sure what you mean.  What shows up is just whatever key is currently assigned, so there is no language text for it.

Edit: Meh, I refer to it as a "Close Quarter Grapple" in English, which any native english speaker should understand that means you have to be within arm's reach.  And I detail it even further in the description on the main page, although I guess that means I should make a Readme to go in the .7z file. :P

in german, i translated the close quarter part with something that would translate to close/hand to hand combat in english. But as this didn't seem to describe it detailed enough, i just added the line about the range of grapple attacks, with the information i got from the OP.

But as monababii said: it's all about transporting the meaning of what you wrote into another language, w/o loosing given informations but, if needed, add new ones to make things clear. The joys of creating translations that make sense. -.-

And did you just wonder why so many people took your offer and translated your mods MCM menu?

Hell, this is an awesome mod. Would be a shame not to participate, if one got the skills to do so.

Our way of saying thank you, for all your time and effort.

Sorry for the delay but I have big problems with stability of  PC, here's the translation in Italian.

One thing I can not change the key shout?

Thanks!  I've updated the OP with credits for the three of you! :)

When you said you can't change the key, what do you mean?

Do you mean you physically can't change the Hotkey assignment?  If so, you may have just been confused at the removal of the "This key is already assigned blah blah" text, but you can't still change the key.  I did it last night after I removed that annoying text just to make sure it still worked just fine.

(For some reason, that text wasn't syncing up with the language file, and it kept showing the language code instead of the fill in text, so I just deleted it because it was a nuisance anyway. :P)

If you mean you can't change the actual text for the key, I'm not sure what you mean.  What shows up is just whatever key is currently assigned, so there is no language text for it.

Excuse my ignorance.
The key assigned NP7 but do not know where it is?
If I try to change anything remains NP7.

Oh, understood about the translations and how a "literal" translation may not convey the same meaning in another language.  And nothing highlights that as much as using a translator program, translating it, then RE-translating it back to the original language, and you're often left going, "Lulwat?!" and what it spits out.  :P

I was just worried that I didn't at least imply that the Grapple had to be done very close.  But yeah, if you felt an extra line or two here and there would benefit the reader, then you know your language better than me.  My 3 years of Russian and 2 years of German back in high school, (And we're talking circa '94 here...), yeah, those don't exactly qualify me for much beyond being able to maybe reading something aloud. :P

And I was mostly surprised by how in the ~12 hours between me uploading, sleeping, waking up and going to work, there was already 2 languages done, and the 3rd followed suit an hour later!

Excuse my ignorance.
The key assigned NP7 but do not know where it is?
If I try to change anything remains NP7.

If you are asking what NP7 is, it's Numpad7, the #7 on the Number Pad that most full-sized keyboards have.  (Laptops often don't due to size constraints)

If you are saying it doesn't change even when you click on it, it tells you to select a new key, and after you do, it remains saying NP7, that is puzzling because that is not what I experienced last night when I tested it.

Setting the submit hotkey does work, and will be retained during reloads (thanks for that fix).  The only outstanding issue with it is that if you use a controller, it will not detect the key press on the keyboard to change the hotkey.  Simple workaround is to disconnect the controller (pop the battery on the wireless controller, or unplug if using the usb version) which reverts to kb entry, select the hot key, then reconnect the controller.  Using the hotkey works fine with the controller connected, it's only setting the hotkey that the issue.  I know I can set other MCM options with the controller active, but frankly I rarely change hotkey assignments, so I'm not sure if this is a MCM-wide setting issue or not.  I'll play around and test when I get home tonight.  But again, thanks for the main hotkey fix and a cool mod.  Time to play some really evil bastard...

And I was mostly surprised by how in the ~12 hours between me uploading, sleeping, waking up and going to work, there was already 2 languages done, and the 3rd followed suit an hour later!

Ya, sorry that i took so long.

Damn needs for sleep and food, which is payed by work, always interferre with my interessts. :P

Can't i uninstall those mods from my rl???

You're an international sensation! 

So, I have the mod installed. When I go to change the hotkey, it stick as NP7, whatever the hell that is, and when I press the hotkey I set, nothing happens.

NP7 = Numpad7.  It's just the short-hand abbreviation that Skyrim gives the Numpad keys.

Now the not changing part, I'm not sure why it doesn't change, unless you are using a game controller, as srayesmanll mentioned.  In which case, I would try the method they suggested.

I don't play with a game controller, so I can't speak to why that is, and I used Dual Wield Parry as my guide for adding a MCM configured hotkey, so I don't know if they also have the problem or not.

So, I have the mod installed. When I go to change the hotkey, it stick as NP7, whatever the hell that is, and when I press the hotkey I set, nothing happens.

NP7 = Numpad7.  It's just the short-hand abbreviation that Skyrim gives the Numpad keys.

Now the not changing part, I'm not sure why it doesn't change, unless you are using a game controller, as srayesmanll mentioned.  In which case, I would try the method they suggested.

I don't play with a game controller, so I can't speak to why that is, and I used Dual Wield Parry as my guide for adding a hotkey, so I don't know if they also have the problem or not.

I don't use a gamepad so that's not it.

So when you open the MCM, mouse over the NP7, click on it, you get the standard MCM prompt to select a new key, you push some other key, and it remains as NP7?

Because I tested that last night after making the translation stuff specifically to make sure it changed (I think I used "z" or something random on the left side of the keyboard), and it changed, and then I changed it back to NP7.

Best I can do is check it again when I get home from work in several hours.

That translation feature is one of the best idea in the modding community.

Here is the french one: 

7z.png  sexlab submit fr.7z  

That translation feature is one of the best idea in the modding community.

Here is the french one: 7z.png  sexlab submit fr.7z 

Damn skippy it is!

French version noted and credit given!

Edit: Out of curiousity, I've opened up the German and French ones, just for giggles to see what they looked like, and while I don't speak French, this caught my eye:

$_SLSubmit_SubmitKey Touche de soumission

$_SLSubmit_SubmitGrappleActive 'Soummission de combat' actif

$_SLSubmit_PlayerSubmitActive Soummission du joueur actif

Sometimes it is 'soumission', sometimes 'soummission'.  Not sure if one or the other might be typos, if there are 1 or 2 'm', or, if maybe that was done deliberately and I don't speak French so I should just shut the hell up! :P

Sorry, that's just one "m" indeed, I've tried to correct the errors but I might have missed the ones in the first part ^^

I'll have a look to make sure.

edit: doesn't look like there are other mistakes, just tell me on the translation thread if you find some. (updated the link in my last post).

So when you open the MCM, mouse over the NP7, click on it, you get the standard MCM prompt to select a new key, you push some other key, and it remains as NP7?

Because I tested that last night after making the translation stuff specifically to make sure it changed (I think I used "z" or something random on the left side of the keyboard), and it changed, and then I changed it back to NP7.

Best I can do is check it again when I get home from work in several hours.

Yes, exactly.

Np7, won't change. I just started a new game, and upgraded your mod to the latest version. Before, on the old version, it worked.

Is it because I have yet to gain my first shout? Or Dragon Soul? Is that it?

Somehow, I doubt that's what it is, but maybe.