Old SexLab Submit - (Merge into the current Submit thread?)

Naw, it has nothing to do with that.  Last night while doing the translation crap, I deleted that annoying prompt that kept popping up about "This is already registered to Sexlab Submit.  Do you want to register it to Sexlab Submit?" because when I was adding the translation stuff, it wasn't cooperating, and it didn't seem particularly necessary.

Which is why I specifically made sure I could still change the hotkey before I fully deleted it.  (Originally, I had just commented it out)

So, given the timing, I'm sure that has something to do with it.  I'll re-add it back in tonight when I package the 4 translations in with the rest, minus the translation support until I get the lines to register correctly.  (For some reason, it would displaying the $_SLSubmit_WhateverIcalledthatline instead of the English text associated with the variable.)

Although, out of curiousity, where is Submit in your load orders?  I remember load order seemed to impact those that had to continually reset the hotkey with each load.  Curious if that has any bearing.

Sometimes it is 'soumission', sometimes 'soummission'.  Not sure if one or the other might be typos, if there are 1 or 2 'm', or, if maybe that was done deliberately and I don't speak French so I should just shut the hell up!  :P

Man, welcome to Spanish lol :/ For example Dialog = Dialogo, but as soon as you make Dialogs in plural, the translation in Spanish is 'Diálogos' with a goddamn tilde in there lol, besides the mandatory S.

Question for the translators:

Last night was the first step to making this available for non-english speaking users, and that obviously took work on my part to substitute the direct text strings from within the _SLConfig script to a tag that corresponded to a text file that contained the actual strings for easy translation/replacement.  And other than the potential issue I need to investigate regarding the hotkey not changing when told to, that part should be done.

But what about the actual player dialogs? (The NPC responses as well, but those are 100% shared infos so that they all have voices)

Do the translators then just take it upon themselves to use TES5Translator or something in particular to export the strings, translate, reimport them and then specify that as "Selab Submit_LANGAUGE" version or something, or do they need anything from me in order to do the dialog text strings?

I forgot to check, though I run BOSS every time I put in a new mod.,

boss will put close to the botom so if you put it to the top of the esps right below the esms then i can remap the NP7 to something else

Yeah, that's why I asked.  I have this almost immediately right after SkyUI near the top of the load order, and that also seemed to be the problem with the earlier issue of the hotkey never wanting to save the setting through a load game.

I forgot to check, though I run BOSS every time I put in a new mod.,

boss will put close to the botom so if you put it to the top of the esps right below the esms then i can remap the NP7 to something else

Yeah, that's why I asked.  I have this almost immediately right after SkyUI near the top of the load order, and that also seemed to be the problem with the earlier issue of the hotkey never wanting to save the setting through a load game.

ok just try makeing a new game and it would not let me remap it to anything but on my old save it would let me not sure whay it would not let me do it on the new game

Eh, either way, I'm going to put the prompt blurb I deleted last night back in when I repost.  That might have been it, I might have removed something important.

I just find it odd that I could change my hotkey setting with the prompt deleted.  *sigh* :(

Return of the Revenge of the Hotkey! :angry:

You can use Boss User List Manager (BUM) to override BOSS's default sorting. Since Lovers Comfort is already in BOSS and works well from that location, I've been just writing rules for each of the Sexlab mods to place them after Lovers Comfort. My hotkeys have always worked :)

It's pretty easy:

1. Select the unrecognized sexlab esp in the lower left box in BUM. You may need to scroll to the bottom to see it. The unrecognized ones will have red text.
  2. After selecting the esp you'll see its name in a text box, upper left.
  3. in the boxes directly below, select 'After' in the dropdown and type LoversComfort.esp in the text box. Then click save rule.
  4. Repeat for each unrecognized sexlab esp.
  5. Run BOSS by clicking the green triangle, upper left menu in BUM.
  6. Profit by not having to remember to manually sort your esps anymore.

Only downside is if you run BOSS with one of those esps disabled it won't recognize that esp until you run BUM again. I avoid that issue by always running BOSS from inside of BUM. The upside of running BOSS from BUM is when the BOSS team adds the esp to the master list BUM will ask if you want to start using the new rule or override it and continue using your custom placement. 

You can use Boss User List Manager (BUM) to override BOSS's default sorting. Since Lovers Comfort is already in BOSS and works well from that location, I've been just writing rules for each of the Sexlab mods to place them after Lovers Comfort. My hotkeys have always worked :)

Question, did you download last night's update?  Can you change the Hotkey assignment?

The ONLY thing I changed last night even remotely concerning the hotkey was removing that selection prompt that I found extremely annoying (and more importantly wasn't cooperating with the translation string replacement), and now people are experiencing an issue changing the selection, so I would have to assume the two are related.

Last night was the first step to making this available for non-english speaking users, and that obviously took work on my part to substitute the direct text strings from within the _SLConfig script to a tag that corresponded to a text file that contained the actual strings for easy translation/replacement.  And other than the potential issue I need to investigate regarding the hotkey not changing when told to, that part should be done.

But what about the actual player dialogs? (The NPC responses as well, but those are 100% shared infos so that they all have voices)

Do the translators then just take it upon themselves to use TES5Translator or something in particular to export the strings, translate, reimport them and then specify that as "Selab Submit_LANGAUGE" version or something, or do they need anything from me in order to do the dialog text strings?

I have no idea lol. Like I said a couple pages back, I'm pretty incompetent when it comes to modding or tweaking things in Skyrim. Changing lines in a text file was right up my alley :P

If you want/need any more translated to Spanish let me know  :D Just keep in mind my incompetence :P

Okay, yeah, I definitely screwed something up.  When I did my test, I had commented out a section, which effectively deletes it when compiling.  And my Hotkey changed.  Then, satisfied, I deleted that section for really reals and then recompiled.

Well, I must have deleted more than I meant, because I just checked, and sure enough, my own Hotkey isn't changing!

So, oops.  :blush:

I'll have that fixed and uploaded tonight with the 4 translations included!

(Fortunately, I have kept all of my copies of the mod since I started putting time stamps on the .7z file, so getting back what I deleted will be easy. :P)

No, I was having too much fun playing to mess with my mod list last night (benefit of not [yet] being a modder ;).

I'll be home in about 3 hours and can test it then.

I was as well last night!  One of the first nights I sat down and actually PLAYED Skyrim and not just tinker on the dang mod for most of the evening hours.

Was playing through the TG quest chain, where you have to tail the guy through the East Empire area.  It was like there was a whole new mini-game playing that with my mod, sneaking up and ambushing the lone females, sullying them right and proper like without their friends hearing, then moving on, and instead of leaving a trail of bodies, I left a bunch of victimized bandits wondering if they have chosen a poor line of work. :P

What exactly is your question?

Do you want to use string files for translating plugin contents, like dialogues?

if this was the question, i'll very likely go with the Skyrim String Translator, as it imports and exports string files or imports plugins and prints out a string file.

TESVTranslator seems to only works on existing string files, printing out the string file for the chosen language (same with SKSE translation files).

if you don't want to work with string files, but you want a translated ESP, i'll just go with TESVTranslator and you'll end up with multiple ESP releases.

if this wasn't your question, please help me understand as my engrish somehow got in the way while i tryed to understand your question.

It was just a "Do I need to do anything to make translators able to handle the dialog strings?" or do they just use their own tools that suck the strings out, they translate, then reimport?

I know I had to edit the config script to use a string tag system for the MCM, which made sense, I'm just not sure how to do anything like that with the dialog strings.  Or if it is even required.

But from the sounds of it, I should use the Skyrim String Translator if I want to prepare the strings in a similar way to the MCM files so there doesn't need to be multiple versions of the mod, instead just needing to use the appropriate string text file just like the MCM.

Yep. Build your base mod (hardcoding all dialog, items names and such), load it into Skyrim String Translator and let it print out the english string files.
Those string files or the plugin itself can then be used by translators, to create the stringfile for their language. As easy as that ... thanks to SST.

Yep. Build your base mod (hardcoding all dialog, items names and such), load it into Skyrim String Translator and let it print out the english string files.

Those string files or the plugin itself can then be used by translators, to create the stringfile for their language. As easy as that ... thanks to SST.

Well, spiffy then!

But first, I apparently need to unbreak the Hotkey (again)!

Okay, now that I had time to sit down after needing to go out and buy a new cable modem/router, get it set up, on top of the usual evening routine, and finally take a look at what I goofed on this, yep, I definitely pruned out a wee bit more than I meant to.

While I was definitely able to chop out that annoying "This key is set to..." blah blah code, this little tidbit:

Event OnOptionKeyMapChange(int option, int keyCode, String conflictControl, String conflictName)
	If(option == keyMapOptionID)
		currentKeyCode = keyCode
		SetKeyMapOptionValue(keyMapOptionID, currentKeyCode)
		_SLQuest.SetSubmitKeyCode(currentKeyCode)
	EndIf
EndEvent

Was still ever so slightly important.  So yep, now when I started my game, I could swap my key around all I wanted without the pestering prompt.

Now to package that plus the MCM language files!

• 16JUL13, ~2153CST: 
  • Fixed last night's bug that was preventing the ability to change the Hotkey selection
  • Added MCM language file for: German, by CG!

• Added MCM language file for: Spanish, by Monababii

• Added MCM language file for: Italian, by RockMic

• Added MCM language file for: French, by Aravis7 

Update! Yay!

Btw: Why do people use my username and not the alias from my avatar pic? Exclamations marks are just not allowed in usernames. :(

Damn copy & paste people ... damn me, myself & i. :P

I didn't try the Shout specifically, since they all share the same Hotkey, and I was using the Grapple instead, but when I changed Hotkey from NP7 to "z", random letter on the other side of the keyboard, the Grapple attempt activated and my Stamina was reduced by 50 as designed.  Could you do anything else other than Shout? (Grapple, Ambush, etc)

What determines Shout vs Grapple vs Ambush vs Surrender is all done in a separate script. (_SLQuest).  You can see by the time stamp that I didn't really change anything on that since the 14th, I believe.  (I'm at work now).  The only thing changed the last two days has been _SLConfig, which controls which Hotkey is used, but not which move it does when the button is pushed, if that makes sense.

Anyone else unable to Shout?

As to why it is in English still, I don't know.  I don't even know what is the process to convert Skyrim over to another language.  (Being American, I've had no real reason to change from English.)  I used Sexlab Framework's packaging as a reference, and all I saw was the list of Sexlab_LANGUAGE files.