Hey mate. Not really sure if you can help me with this but since I'm desperate..

I'm having a problem with the unique interactable objects from the mod. Like the Basins, the candles, etc. I cannot, for the life of me, interact with them. I can't activate them, I can't add the necessary ingredients onto them, nothing. Pressing E does not do anything at all. Levers, pulleys, chains, buttons, all work just fine though.

I'm sure this has something to do with other mods affecting your mod since other players are playing it just fine. Do you have any idea what might be causing this problem?

• 1 month later...

Just wanted to say this mod is amazing, the puzzles in it are so good they weren't super hard but were not easy as well and they needed actual thinking, i did not encounter any kind of ctd or bugs which is rare for me because im playing on heavily modded skyrim (+500 mods) on a 500+ hours save file, also it doesn't hold your hand and treats you like you have a brain.

all in all this mod ranks up high for me now, i cant believe i haven't heard of it before if not for reddit, thank you for making this op.

oh i also played your other mod hel rising which is also liked alot but not as much as this.

• 2 months later...

The FOMOD for this mod downloads the previous version of this mod. I run into this often with other mods and Im just wondering if when this happens could the version number given be ignored? I mean, is it possible the mod is still updated just tagged with the wrong version number?  

8 minutes ago, Angerer said:

The FOMOD for this mod downloads the previous version of this mod.

You FOMOD downloads something? ?

If you download a mod you have all files included already and the installer allows you to pick and choose options of files that come with the downloaded mod.

Means if you download the mod from here and add it to your mod manager and activate the mod it starts the installer.

14 minutes ago, Angerer said:

this mod downloads the previous version of this mod

how would that even work ^^

15 minutes ago, Angerer said:

Im just wondering if when this happens could the version number given be ignored?

If you downloaded the newest zip from downloads and install it and the version number isn't up to date you can just ignore that. Means usually just that the mod author didn't update the number that shows up in the mod manager.

Happens all the time. The last Frostfall for example.. The FOMOD doesnt indicate the updated version. If what you say is true and the version number given by the FOMOD can be ignored.. then I need to download Frostfall again because I chucked it thinking the update didnt happen.

42 minutes ago, Angerer said:

If what you say is true

?

You really like your download conspiracy ?

43 minutes ago, Angerer said:

then I need to download Frostfall again because I chucked it thinking the update didnt happen.

Installers don't download files, but you are.

Check what you download and check the version number in the zip file name (if it even has any).

You add the zip file to your mod manager, it can't magically turn into something else.

If in doubt there are some indicators:

• On LL: the lowest file in the download is the one last added
  • On LL: check the file name for version numbers/dates/Skyrim version
  • On LL: check for patches/hotfixes
  • On LL: check topics at least the last 2 pages
  • On LL: often the title of the mod page also has the version number included
  • On LL: check changelog if there is any
  • On LL: if there is only one file it's hard to fail (duh!)
  • On LL: check requirements
  • On Nexus: you can sort files for date or version number
  • On Nexus: read the notes to the downloads
  • On Nexus: read the mod description
  • On Nexus: check: Main files, optional, Miscellaneous files
  • On Nexus: check requirements and connected mods (which can include patches)

Versions shown in mod managers are often wrong, because they get forgotten to be updated regularly. Often you see mods that don't show any at all. FOMOD (Installer) only installs what you have downloaded.

The version number in the FOMOD(Installer) doesnt match the version number listed for the download. Therefore, once the FOMOD(installerlol) finishes its sorcery the version I end up with is listed as a previous version. If this can be ignored, great! I didnt know it could be. For some reason I had a strange notion that whenever this happened it meant the world is a dickhead and I was ripped from the update that was promised. Time now to download a few past FOMOD(installer) mods ..like Frostfall.. to get the updates I once thought were out of reach. Thanks, man.

There is only one file under the download button so how or where your different versions are coming from is a mystery.

The file says it is v1.03LE. What do you think you have?

Just for the record can you confirm that you are in fact running LE and could you tell us which mod manager you use. A screenshot of what you are talking about would be absolutely spiffing.

Edited by Grey Cloud
On 3/23/2022 at 5:54 PM, Grey Cloud said:

There is only one file under the download button so how or where your different versions are coming from is a mystery.

The file says it is v1.03LE. What do you think you have?

Just for the record can you confirm that you are in fact running LE and could you tell us which mod manager you use. A screenshot of what you are talking about would be absolutely spiffing.

Cre.PNG

Ca.PNG

Captptureure.PNG

Cure.PNG

Ce.PNG

9 hours ago, Angerer said:

Cre.PNG

Ca.PNG

Captptureure.PNG

Cure.PNG

Ce.PNG

It means the author forgot to update that, usually its the same when a MCM says an old version as well as they have to update and recompile the script (or in this case the FOMOD info.xml)

If the file name is correct i wouldnt worry about it

Edited by pinky6225
On 3/26/2022 at 6:09 AM, Grey Cloud said:

So what? There is only one file available for download. The file installs correctly and presumably the mod works as advertised. Where is the problem?

Yes. Asked and answered already, but thank you for your service.

On 3/26/2022 at 10:12 AM, pinky6225 said:

It means the author forgot to update that, usually its the same when a MCM says an old version as well as they have to update and recompile the script (or in this case the FOMOD info.xml)

If the file name is correct i wouldnt worry about it

Thank you Pinky for also confirming this to be true. Im surprised Ive yet to ever run into a discussion about mismatched FOMOD versions before considering how often it happens. Not sure why I decided to finally ask about it this time but Im glad I did. Now I just need to go back and install all the updates for mods I incorrectly thought werent actually being updated.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 11 months later...

Just played and very very nice mod, one from best.

Only one question: Is there chance to restart mod (other than return to old save)? I made in beginning mistake and ended without follower.

And small recommendation: It is very bad idea start playing this mod exhausted and without time to complete in one run. :(