Maelstrom - Norse Dungeon Quest Mod LE

View File

1320703022_MaelstromBannerBlack.jpg.4bfd3fdbbd21b505fa5c30517417fb70.jpg

A strange island has risen from the depths of the sea, an expedition to uncover its mystery is already on its way. You are just a little too late to the party, and following the expedition's footsteps you uncover a tale of treachery, madness and forgotten secrets before you self are drawn into the Maelstrom...

Maelstrom is a dungeon quest mod inspired by Norse mythology and spans a large dungeon complex and other locations filled with puzzles, enemies, secret areas and more!

How to start the quest:

Talk to the innkeeper of the Winking Skeever in Solitude, and ask if he knows about some work for you. Alternatively you can find a new location along the coastline which also leads to starting the quest.

What awaits you:

• A multipart dungeon questline with three possible outcomes
  • Lots of old-school RPG style puzzles
  • New enemy variants, equipment, lore and flavour texts and a lot more
  • A fully voice acted NPC and potential follower (voiced by Simone Mountain)
  • A secondary vanilla voice follower with some custom dialogue
  • New dialogue created by editing vanilla voice assets

Requirements:

Latest version of Skyrim

Dawnguard DLC

Dragonborn DLC

Video Reviews:

Playthrough by Zero Period Productions (contains spoilers, but useful for hints):

Changelog for v1.03:

• Added a third way to complete the quest
  • Rán can now ride her own horse as a follower (you can disable it via dialogue option)
  • Fix for a rare CTD when fighting drowned enemies
  • Minor clarifications, fixes and enemy tweaks

Installation:

Use your favourite mod manager that can handle a FOMOD installer, simple as that. Manual installation is also possible by dropping the .esp and .bsa files from the archive into Skyrim's Data folder.

Uninstallation:

Uninstalling a mod midgame is never really a good idea, but if you have no other choice:

• Dismiss any followers you might get from this mod and go to a location which is definitely not part of this mod (e.g. Riverwood)
  • Wait for 24 ingame hours
  • Save game and uninstall the mod with your mod manager or delete the files you've installed manually from the Data folder.

Compatibility:

Both followers have their own follower system and they will follow you regardless of any other followers you might have. They won't conflict with any mods regarding followers, but they also will be ignored by them and their respective special features. It's not recommended to use any force recruit / manage features from other mods on them as this certainly will mess up things.

The vanilla voice follower will switch to Skyrim's vanilla follower AFTER the questline is completed, then she can be managed by any mod you like.

Install Options:

A few of the NPCs are nude by default. If you don't like this, the FOMOD installer gives you the option to give the respective NPCs a basic set of underwear.

Conflict Potential:

This mod makes no changes to any vanilla records except adding two new locations to the worldmap by editing the cells 00000D74, 00003DBE and 0000B478. Only new objects are placed, existing objects are left untouched.

Credits

- Voice Acting -
Simone Mountain as Rán
All other NPC voice were created by editing vanilla voice assets

- Mods, Assets & Resources -
Feminine Argonian Textures by MONSTERaider
Modder's Resource Pack by Oaristys and Tony67
zzjay's wardrobe by zzjay
KS Hairdos Renewal by Kalilies Stealthic Khaos and Shocky
Lind's Human Eyes by Lind001 - LindsWorkshop
Maevan2's Eye Brows by Maevan2
Caliente's Beautiful Bodies Edition -CBBE- by Ousnius and Caliente
DIMONIZED UNP Female Body by dimon99
Demoniac High Quality Glossy Female Body Texture by Regenbot03 / Demoniac FMS uses assets from Mature skin texture and body for UNP(B) 7BASE CBBE Vanilla by Maevan2
Leyenda Skin by HeroedeLeyenda
Freckle Mania 2 by tetrodoxin
The Amazing World of Bikini Armor by NiseTanaka
Ice Titans - Mihail Monsters and Animals (mihail immersive add-ons- giant- witcher) by MihailMods
Duelist - A New Sword and Yggdrasil Viking Sword by Billyro
Amulets of Skyrim and Vanilla Followers AI by uni_SL
Evil Laughing Woman Sound - Woman Laugh Sound Effect | Ver.2 by Distorted Room
A Siren's Lure Song by Reaper Cat
Music: Ásgarðr by Adrian von Ziegler

- Tools -
GIMP, NifSkope, Audacity
Lazy Voice Finder by BowmoreLover
Unfuzer CPP Edition by greentea101
RaceMenu by Expired
BodySlide and Outfit Studio by Ousnius and Caliente
TES5Edit by ElminsterAU
NifMerge by Turulo
MultiXWM by Vikichan
SSE NIF Optimizer by Ousnius
Skyrim & Creation Kit by Bethesda

Special Thanks

Simone Mountain, for bringing life to my creation
Porterhause, my trusty chronicler

Have fun!

• Submitter
  • Submitted
    07/19/2021
  • Category
  • Requires
    Dawnguard & Dragonborn DLC
  • Special Edition Compatible
    No

3 hours ago, hweihwei said:

hello !!!

what's different from V1.02 to V1.03(here) ???

Thanks a lot.

I've smoothed and tweaked some minor stuff to make it hopefully more enjoyable. Also minor bug fixes, and a fix for a rare CTD some users experienced in the older version.

But the biggest change was adding a third way to complete the quest, and Rán has now a horse she can ride while travelling.

14 hours ago, Nymra said:

are the creatures from this mod compatible with More Nasty Critters/Creature Framework?

Just asking because "Enemy variants" usually means that a mod is not Sexlab compatible :(

If you use MNC, that has built in support for most popular mods w/ creature variants, as long as they share a skeleton with normal enemies. Seems like OP took ice titans from a Mihail mod, I think those are usually supported, so might work.

9 hours ago, mikesolo1975 said:

welcome  and thanks for the amazing work and sharing whith us ?

its possible you add too your followers mods  ?

SSE version and LE

thanks again my friend.

Thanks a lot! ?

Eventually I plan to upload more of my mods but I don't have a time frame or something. There's always something that I want to add or that needs fixing...work on mods never ends ?

7 minutes ago, nachtdaemmerung77 said:

Thanks a lot! ?

Eventually I plan to upload more of my mods but I don't have a time frame or something. There's always something that I want to add or that needs fixing...work on mods never ends ?

ok

thanks again for the amazing work and your help and time my friend. ?

Finished without any problems. Ran as follower for many hours now.

She is..... different :)

put her in my follower framework, works fine, commenrs, behaviour remains the same.

I repeat, a must have mod top notch.

Thank you !

2 hours ago, T-lam said:

Finished without any problems. Ran as follower for many hours now.

She is..... different :)

put her in my follower framework, works fine, commenrs, behaviour remains the same.

I repeat, a must have mod top notch.

Thank you !

Hey thanks, glad to hear you like it! Hope she's different in a good way ?

Just curious, which follower framework did you use? Might be of interest for other users.

Just now, nachtdaemmerung77 said:

follower framework

FLP (follower live package) 

Different in a good way, I made a little modification (for my setup, if you don't mind)

Gave her my 3BA V2 body. Works well with this beautiful skin. Made it because outfits, but she don't like it....the clothing ;)

So AI is still working.

On 7/19/2021 at 3:47 PM, nachtdaemmerung77 said:

Maelstrom - Norse Dungeon Quest Mod LE

View File

1320703022_MaelstromBannerBlack.jpg.4bfd3fdbbd21b505fa5c30517417fb70.jpg

A strange island has risen from the depths of the sea, an expedition to uncover its mystery is already on its way. You are just a little too late to the party, and following the expedition's footsteps you uncover a tale of treachery, madness and forgotten secrets before you self are drawn into the Maelstrom...

Maelstrom is a dungeon quest mod inspired by Norse mythology and spans a large dungeon complex and other locations filled with puzzles, enemies, secret areas and more!

How to start the quest:

Talk to the innkeeper of the Winking Skeever in Solitude, and ask if he knows about some work for you. Alternatively you can find a new location along the coastline which also leads to starting the quest.

What awaits you:

• A multipart dungeon questline with three possible outcomes
  • Lots of old-school RPG style puzzles
  • New enemy variants, equipment, lore and flavour texts and a lot more
  • A fully voice acted NPC and potential follower (voiced by Simone Mountain)
  • A secondary vanilla voice follower with some custom dialogue
  • New dialogue created by editing vanilla voice assets

Requirements:

Latest version of Skyrim

Dawnguard DLC

Dragonborn DLC

Video Reviews:

Playthrough by Zero Period Productions (contains spoilers, but useful for hints):

Changelog for v1.03:

• Added a third way to complete the quest
  • Rán can now ride her own horse as a follower (you can disable it via dialogue option)
  • Fix for a rare CTD when fighting drowned enemies
  • Minor clarifications, fixes and enemy tweaks

Installation:

Use your favourite mod manager that can handle a FOMOD installer, simple as that. Manual installation is also possible by dropping the .esp and .bsa files from the archive into Skyrim's Data folder.

Uninstallation:

Uninstalling a mod midgame is never really a good idea, but if you have no other choice:

• Dismiss any followers you might get from this mod and go to a location which is definitely not part of this mod (e.g. Riverwood)
  • Wait for 24 ingame hours
  • Save game and uninstall the mod with your mod manager or delete the files you've installed manually from the Data folder.

Compatibility:

Both followers have their own follower system and they will follow you regardless of any other followers you might have. They won't conflict with any mods regarding followers, but they also will be ignored by them and their respective special features. It's not recommended to use any force recruit / manage features from other mods on them as this certainly will mess up things.

The vanilla voice follower will switch to Skyrim's vanilla follower AFTER the questline is completed, then she can be managed by any mod you like.

Install Options:

A few of the NPCs are nude by default. If you don't like this, the FOMOD installer gives you the option to give the respective NPCs a basic set of underwear.

Conflict Potential:

This mod makes no changes to any vanilla records except adding two new locations to the worldmap by editing the cells 00000D74, 00003DBE and 0000B478. Only new objects are placed, existing objects are left untouched.

Credits

- Voice Acting -
Simone Mountain as Rán
All other NPC voice were created by editing vanilla voice assets

- Mods, Assets & Resources -
Feminine Argonian Textures by MONSTERaider
Modder's Resource Pack by Oaristys and Tony67
zzjay's wardrobe by zzjay
KS Hairdos Renewal by Kalilies Stealthic Khaos and Shocky
Lind's Human Eyes by Lind001 - LindsWorkshop
Maevan2's Eye Brows by Maevan2
Caliente's Beautiful Bodies Edition -CBBE- by Ousnius and Caliente
DIMONIZED UNP Female Body by dimon99
Demoniac High Quality Glossy Female Body Texture by Regenbot03 / Demoniac FMS uses assets from Mature skin texture and body for UNP(B) 7BASE CBBE Vanilla by Maevan2
Leyenda Skin by HeroedeLeyenda
Freckle Mania 2 by tetrodoxin
The Amazing World of Bikini Armor by NiseTanaka
Ice Titans - Mihail Monsters and Animals (mihail immersive add-ons- giant- witcher) by MihailMods
Duelist - A New Sword and Yggdrasil Viking Sword by Billyro
Amulets of Skyrim and Vanilla Followers AI by uni_SL
Evil Laughing Woman Sound - Woman Laugh Sound Effect | Ver.2 by Distorted Room
A Siren's Lure Song by Reaper Cat
Music: Ásgarðr by Adrian von Ziegler

- Tools -
GIMP, NifSkope, Audacity
Lazy Voice Finder by BowmoreLover
Unfuzer CPP Edition by greentea101
RaceMenu by Expired
BodySlide and Outfit Studio by Ousnius and Caliente
TES5Edit by ElminsterAU
NifMerge by Turulo
MultiXWM by Vikichan
SSE NIF Optimizer by Ousnius
Skyrim & Creation Kit by Bethesda

Special Thanks

Simone Mountain, for bringing life to my creation
Porterhause, my trusty chronicler

Have fun!

• Submitter
  • Submitted
    07/19/2021
  • Category
  • Requires
    Dawnguard & Dragonborn DLC
  • Special Edition Compatible
    No

Can you reupload Hel Rising? 

Unfortunately, the other follower died during the scene.

Resurrect ?

Went back to the beach, tents still there, occupied by strangers and bandits.

Need to fight to reach the boat.

Where is the island ? it's gone.......

Shall I ?

No, what can be done must not always be done.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Glad to see this mod is still available. I've played through it half a dozen times with no bugs, crashes, or issues of any kind, and probably will do it a dozen more, because it's just that good. This is easily one of the best dungeons ever made, and I love how it doesn't hold your hand all the way through, forcing you to pay attention to the little things and actually use your brain. 10/10, can't recommend this mod highly enough.