SexLab Romance Including Source - Updated 19th Aug 2014

Not much of a fan for the unvoiced dialog based  mods but this is defiantly an improvement compared to Cupid and Matchmaker. It would be nice if you could toggle sexuality for PC and not get any unnecessary dialog options while talking to other males for example. Looking forward for next update :)

That should be a fairly simple adjustment, I will add it in the next update.

Oddly doesn't work with Vilja.  Even with all options blown wide open.  So far, she's the only NPC I can find that doesn't have the dialog entry.  Using UFO, but she's got her own follower system.  Perhaps that's the issue, but I've got Romance loading dead-last, so yeah.  Weird.

Oddly doesn't work with Vilja.  Even with all options blown wide open.  So far, she's the only NPC I can find that doesn't have the dialog entry.  Using UFO, but she's got her own follower system.  Perhaps that's the issue, but I've got Romance loading dead-last, so yeah.  Weird.

The dialogue is only available when talking to playable races, so I wonder if the Vilja NPC is based on some none playable race? That's the only reason I can think it wouldn't work with her.

I was thinking that a good Idea for this mod is to give npcs personalities along with sexual preferences. You could have certain personalities like different things and have different dialogue. For example you could have an option to give them a gift and depending on their personality they will respond differently.They would have points of say -2,-1,0,1,2 if you give them flowers one might rank that a 2 and be happy while others might rank that a -1 and be less then thrilled with you. Maybe in dialogue you could also have a options for like in oblivion of flattering them,telling them jokes,maybe poetry instead of threats etc. 

Couple other ideas for gaining their favor would be tasks like go fetch them something. And maybe activities. For activities I thought up a couple; you could ask them if they would like to take a walk, if they would like to eat dinner, to go have some drinks, to go find a fight.

The idea is to be able to build favor kind of like Japanese dating sims. I think this would be more fun than simply having speech and faction checks. Of course it would be a whole lot more work so its up to you.

Ok is there any reason I should use this instead of SexIS with Lovers Comfort? What are the trade offs?

Sexis has some severe issues with not cleaning up NPCs properly after a sex animation plays out, due to it never coming out of alpha stage. When I played with the sexis version of Lover's Comfort, around half the time when I broke into people's houses and watched them in bed to learn new animation, they got bugged and just stayed standing on the bed and would never move again even if I travelled far and wide and weeks ingame passed. This sort of thing never happened to me with Sexlab mods. So the main "selling point" of Sexlab is that it's creator is not MIA, and actively works on fixing any issues. It's already far more stable and supports really great features like threesomes.

Besides that, SexLab Romance and Lover's Comfort serve different functions. Lover's comfort lets you only have sex with your spouse and followers, and you can only do so on beds, or alternatively it lets you get raped (also on beds). SexLab Romance lets you have sex with nearly any NPC through dialogue, and they agreeing or disagreeing depends on many factors such as friendship, speechcraft etc.

Personally I use SexLab Romance for most sex stuff, but I also use the testing SexLab version of Lover's Comfort for the arousal system, and also because walking into a house at night and seeing NPC couples actually having sex, well that oddly adds immersion.

Lover's Comfort will have a SexLab version as well sometime, it's in the works according to Redneck2x.

Ok is there any reason I should use this instead of SexIS with Lovers Comfort? What are the trade offs?

Sexis has some severe issues with not cleaning up NPCs properly after a sex animation plays out, due to it never coming out of alpha stage. When I played with the sexis version of Lover's Comfort, around half the time when I broke into people's houses and watched them in bed to learn new animation, they got bugged and just stayed standing on the bed and would never move again even if I travelled far and wide and weeks ingame passed. This sort of thing never happened to me with Sexlab mods. So the main "selling point" of Sexlab is that it's creator is not MIA, and actively works on fixing any issues. It's already far more stable and supports really great features like threesomes.

Besides that, SexLab Romance and Lover's Comfort serve different functions. Lover's comfort lets you only have sex with your spouse and followers, and you can only do so on beds, or alternatively it lets you get raped (also on beds). SexLab Romance lets you have sex with nearly any NPC through dialogue, and they agreeing or disagreeing depends on many factors such as friendship, speechcraft etc.

Personally I use SexLab Romance for most sex stuff, but I also use the testing SexLab version of Lover's Comfort for the arousal system, and also because walking into a house at night and seeing NPC couples actually having sex, well that oddly adds immersion.

Lover's Comfort will have a SexLab version as well sometime, it's in the works according to Redneck2x.

Thanks! I really like the arousal system of lovers comfort... I think I'll wait for the sexlab version before I upgrade.

I did a quick spin with the mod tonight, and I am quite pleased with my initial test run.  I wanted a nice dialog-based way of getting down with people, not just some cumbersome spell or something, so this saved me having to slog through the creation kit and making my own.

But, unfortunately, I seems I have to ask a really stupid question:

When I talk to NPC's, whether my spouse, my Housecarl, or just some random person in town, I can see what I tell them, then it pauses, I click again, and it moves to my next prompt, until finally either I failed or we get all fleshy.  However, good, bad, or indifferent, I never see *their* response.  I feel like I am overlooking something amazingly stupid here, but why can't I see them?

I went into the Creation Kit and I saw all of the lines you added for the NPC's response (And corrected/added punctuation and whatnot as needed) but I just don't see them in game.

At any rate, appreciate the mod! :)

(I have no idea why this font defaulted to something tiny, and now the spacing seems all messed up.  Odd)

Since you are planning to upgrade this to include wooing system, would it be possible if you make that married NPCs to be very hard to woo? Not impossible, just hard.. I mean if the hero of the land wooing a blacksmith's wife persistently, she prolly fall to your arm, but a random newcomer prolly have no chance at all early on.

And, if possible, wooing can lead to marriage and we can then transfer the romance to lover comfort mod.

Also, random preference for sexual orientation, would it be possible if you include a % control so we can control them?

Are you using Fuz Ro D-oh? Do you have dialogue text lines enabled in the game settings?

I did a quick spin with the mod tonight, and I am quite pleased with my initial test run.  I wanted a nice dialog-based way of getting down with people, not just some cumbersome spell or something, so this saved me having to slog through the creation kit and making my own.

But, unfortunately, I seems I have to ask a really stupid question:

When I talk to NPC's, whether my spouse, my Housecarl, or just some random person in town, I can see what I tell them, then it pauses, I click again, and it moves to my next prompt, until finally either I failed or we get all fleshy.  However, good, bad, or indifferent, I never see *their* response.  I feel like I am overlooking something amazingly stupid here, but why can't I see them?

I went into the Creation Kit and I saw all of the lines you added for the NPC's response (And corrected/added punctuation and whatnot as needed) but I just don't see them in game.

At any rate, appreciate the mod! :)

(I have no idea why this font defaulted to something tiny, and now the spacing seems all messed up.  Odd)

daedrasp - you can be assured that any misalignment of character is sex is not down to any of the SexLab mods as all that is controlled by the framework itself so you would need to post in the SexLab Framework thread for assistance, although if other people aren't reporting the same issue then my guess is it could be a problem with when you upgraded the sexlab framework, did you possibly miss one of the thirteen steps?

dkatryl - J.O.D. has the answer, you need to turn on subtitles in your game. Installing Fuz Ro D-oh is not a bad idea either, as at least then the NPC's mouths will move.

deane9850 - married NPC's are already harder to romance than single NPC's, so by default wooing them would be harder anyway. I have got some idea's with regards to tying this into the marriage system in a future update as I really like the idea. A random percentage for sexual orientation could be quite difficult to implement, at the moment the sexual orientation of all NPC's is determined as soon as you start a new game, so adding a random percentage control would have to change that after they have already been set, not such a problem if it was done just the once at the start of a new game, but if it was changed mid game then people's sexuality would change part way through the game, which I would view as immersion breaking. When the wooing aspect is implemented you could still woo a sexually incompatable partner in order to still romance them, they would just take a lot of wooing.

Stormsone - some of you ideas are already 'in the works' with regards to wooing, side quests to go and fetch the NPC something or some other task are easy enough, gift giving is a possibility too (with different gifts being appropriate for different NPC's) but I need to spend some time in game analysing existing in game dialogue first, to see if there are enough clues in the way NPC's talk to allow the player to pick up on the NPC's personality, my guess is there isn't unfortunately. Going for a walk or taking the NPC for dinner are interesting idea's that I hadn't though of before and could definitely be worth investigating further. Telling jokes or poetry I'm not so sure about, poetry has some interesting possibilities in that I could add a number of poetry books into the game as 'loot', and once a player finds them he can then recite that poetry to a potential lover when romancing them. I could even maybe add recipies into the game so that you can cook a romantic meal for them and give it them in an attempt to woo them.

I need to spend some time in game analysing existing in game dialogue first, to see if there are enough clues in the way NPC's talk to allow the player to pick up on the NPC's personality, my guess is there isn't unfortunately

If it's any help, I had a thought about this last night and came up with a couple of ideas:

1. Nazeems wife -  Talk to her regarding her husbands apparent lack of interest, and after passing a persuasion test convince her that she should start looking for a lover.  Should you successfully push all the right buttons, she'll leave him and marry you.

2. Carlotta Valentia - Very difficult. You have to show her that you're good with kids before she'll start taking an interest in you.

3. Lydia - Well, she's a housecarl.  It's her duty to do it. :lol:

hmm.. how about mod doesnt starts until you manually activate it from MCM menu.. Or, you can also apply their sexual preference once you come to their cell, and not at every game start or something, that way you can still set the % for newly met NPCs.

Holding back till Lover Comfort gets officially a SexLab version and this mod implemented wooing system, but following these 2 mods closely.

@ spaceman.

You wrote that sexual preferences are randomly set at the start of a new game. That's good but I've a suggestion, if possible:

In the MCM menu add two things:

1. The "Activate" button. Until the mod is activated, nothing happens and no sexual preferences are set.

2. Option to set Males and Females (with two different menus) as:  A. Straight,  B. Bisexusal,  C. Gay/Lesbian.  The "C" option, if choosen by the user, should be applied at random percentage as it is actually.

@ spaceman.

You wrote that sexual preferences are randomly set at the start of a new game. That's good but I've a suggestion, if possible:

In the MCM menu add two things:

1. The "Activate" button. Until the mod is activated, nothing happens and no sexual preferences are set.

2. Option to set Males and Females (with two different menus) as:  A. Straight,  B. Bisexusal,  C. Gay/Lesbian.  The "C" option, if choosen by the user, should be applied at random percentage as it is actually.

Is this just because your favourite lover is gay :) :) :)

On a more serious note, would option 1 even be needed? If the user sets for example all Males as straight then the mod would just overwrite their sexual preferences anyway.

Considering that we could set Males and Females separately, one user could wish to set Males as straight only and females as bisexual.

So, maybe, option A could be interesting. Of course, if Males are set as straight only, the "C" option for females should be disabled. ;)

EDIT: Oh, sorry. I misunderstood your post. Well, Option 1 (not talking about options A, B, C) will activate the following menu about sexual preferences.

OR, at start there is the Option 2 active only, then the user choose the sexual preferences and only then will activate the mod.

Another way could be to have the activate button. At this point a sort of "message box" pops up to let the user to choose the sexual preferences.

WOW!  500 posts!

I need to spend some time in game analysing existing in game dialogue first, to see if there are enough clues in the way NPC's talk to allow the player to pick up on the NPC's personality, my guess is there isn't unfortunately

If it's any help, I had a thought about this last night and came up with a couple of ideas:

1. Nazeems wife -  Talk to her regarding her husbands apparent lack of interest, and after passing a persuasion test convince her that she should start looking for a lover.  Should you successfully push all the right buttons, she'll leave him and marry you.

2. Carlotta Valentia - Very difficult. You have to show her that you're good with kids before she'll start taking an interest in you.

3. Lydia - Well, she's a housecarl.  It's her duty to do it. :lol:

The only problem with the above is they are specific cases for individual NPC's, each of which would require their own range of dialogue and possibly quests to implement, it could be done but I'm just not sure how many NPC's would need the individual treatment. There are some named NPC modifiers built into the mod already that increases or lowers your chance of chatting up that player, based on the impression I get of them from their in game dialogue or stories, so maybe it's just an extension of that. I suppose when it comes to wooing characters some could have their own custom approach and others could just use radiant quests etc. Hmmmm, will have a think.

Considering that we could set Males and Females separately, one user could wish to set Males as straight only and females as bisexual.

So, maybe, option A could be interesting. Of course, if Males are set as straight only, the "C" option for females should be disabled. ;)

EDIT: Oh, sorry. I misunderstood your post. Well, Option 1 (not talking about options A, B, C) will activate the following menu about sexual preferences.

OR, at start there is the Option 2 active only, then the user choose the sexual preferences and only then will activate the mod.

WOW!  500 posts!

Post whore :) :) :) :) (congrats)

I would be tempted to just implement option 2 and it can override the random settings if a player changes either Male or Female sexuality from random to straight, gay or bi.

hmm.. how about mod doesnt starts until you manually activate it from MCM menu.. Or, you can also apply their sexual preference once you come to their cell, and not at every game start or something, that way you can still set the % for newly met NPCs.

Holding back till Lover Comfort gets officially a SexLab version and this mod implemented wooing system, but following these 2 mods closely.

It could be done by holding off on the mod start. The mod runs around a forever active quest anyway, so instead of activating the quest straight away it could be done via some other method (read a book that get's placed into your inventory maybe).

That being said would the override option that NicoleDragoness is suggesting not do away with the need to adjust the percentage anyway?

I'm looking forward to a full SexLab version of Lovers Comfort too, really like that mod.

i got a problem with some mod followers flagged as housecarl, they don't have dialog to initiate sex, it works normally for vanilla housecarl follower though

i installed other mods that also includes extra dialogue option btw (such as AFT, Wearable Lantern)

well it might doesn't conflict with AFT since other mod follower not flagged as housecarl runs fine (yes everything is fine, dialogue from AFT and WL comes out fine), only those who flagged as housecarl is.

this might not be completely related to AFT at all, other mods that give more dialogue option and mod follower flagged as housecarl might also give this problem